Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #46  
Janice

I have been back on WW for a week now. Started counting my points last Wednesday. I only lost 2 pounds but at least its a lose. I was back up to 190 lbs. If I don't keep a journal I eat too much. I am having problems with my feet and I think the extra weight is making a big difference in my arthritis. 50 lbs overweight is a lot of extra pressure on my joints.
Its a new year and I am going to really make the effort to get this weight off.
Dee - How are you feeling after your injections? Have they helped this time.
Shelley - How did Mike make out with the job interview?
Allison - How is Mom doing?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My weight is still much higher than it should be. The holidays really did me in. My old "red flag" weight was 145 and yesterday I was at 153. That is really bad. HOWEVER, I was practically 100% on plan yesterday--only 1 glass of wine and 2 small chocolates! There is no wine left in the house! From here on out, I will be on plan!!! One or two OP days under my belt and the rest is easy--its just getting restarted that is hard.

My Mom: I talk with her about every other day (I should really use my cell phone to call her--my bill will be really high this month!) and she is in good spirits. She is getting therapy twice a day and she says it seems to be helping and she is enjoying it. She is in pain from time to time, but seems to be getting better. But, this morning I got a note from my SIL (who is an RN). She says that the swelling is so bad she can't see my Mom's knee cap, she's been ordered for another 3 weeks non-weight bearing. they're actually thinking she might not be able to go home at all and may need to go to a residential care facility. Dad has a bad back and can't help her with transitions and she isn't eating enough and is getting weaker and weaker so that she isn't strong enough to do transitions herself. It's hard.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #48  

Allison I am sorry to hear that your mom is not doing well I am sure that it is hard on your dad too. I will remember her in my prayers.
Now for business. I am glad to hear that you are back on track. I too only need a couple of days under my belt and then it is ok.

Shelley, Larry is in Europe for business. He is gone for 10 days. Sunday night he will be back home. He just loves it.
This is part of the email he sent me today....

We arrived in Budapest around 8:00, it was quite an interesting drive. We traveled through Austria from Czech Republic along some very narrow winding roads. These roads lasted about 2 hours before getting on the Autobahn. The autobahn’s typically have no speed limits but this one maxed out at 130 km per hour. Even though people were still flying by you and it was very scary when passing someone at this speed because people were passing you at probably 160 kmh. Michael let me drive for the last couple of hours after my 1 ½ hour nap.

The hotel is unbelievable, Michael upgraded out Holiday Inn Priority points card to get the internet and breakfast for free. We are on the executive floor and have access to the VIP lounge. The view out of my room is spectacular, it overlooks the river and royal castle. At night it is breathtaking and can’t wait until morning when you can see more than just the lights.
My room had a complimentary bottle of wine, fruit and expensive water.

As you can see he is not suffering.

How did Mike make out with the job? I really hope that he gets it, even though he won't be at home much.

Janice I am also counting points on ww's. I haven't journaled this week but I am keeping track in my head.I know that I have to start writting it down or I will let things get away on me. I am glad that you are back on track. Remember you are the only one that can take care of yourself. Your feet need you.

Well I have to say that I am very discouraged today. Yesterday my back pain started getting worse and overnight my leg pain and back pain kept me up most of the night. Today is even worse. I was so hoping that this was going to work. I am hoping that this is just a bad little stretch.

Now that is enough sitting for me. It bothers my back so up I go.

Thanks for coming back and posting.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #49  

Dee-I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. I know how it is because Mike lives with it everyday. He still takes so much medication. The company he interviewed with still hasn't let him know anything. They actually won't break ground on the houses they are building until spring because the ground needs to be ready. We are hoping to hear something next week.

Janice-Good for you on journaling again. I really need to do that.

Allison-Sending prayers to your mother.

Did everyone get the update email from Cheryl?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #50  

Shelley lets pray that Mike gets the job.
I did get the update on Cheryl and the baby. She must be so excited and she is doing great weight wise.

My back is still pretty bad today. I am going to go swim in about 1/2 hour, hopefully that will help.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #51  
Janice

Dee- I am sorry to hear that you are still is such pain. What do they say about the shots. Is it supposed to help right away or is this pain normal after the shots? My heart goes out to you.
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I am feeling better about myself now that I am back to counting points and watching what I eat. Things sure can get away on you when you don't pay attention to what is going into your mouth. I am a big fan of the Biggest Loser show, are any of you gals watching it. They are such an inspiration.
Allison - I am sorry that your Mom is not doing so well. She is in my prayers.
Shelley - got my fingers crossed for Mike getting the job. Are you still working two jobs?
I have found that eating cereal really helps me keep on track. At work when I would normally have a bag of chips or a chocolate bar out of the vending machine I have been buying a little box of the guardian cereal and eating it dry with a diet coke. Feels like I'm cheating but I'm not. Any little tricks that you can pass along I will appreciate.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #52  

I'm finally back into the 140's! Only by half a pound, but I feel like I'm back in the game again. It reinforces me to stay away from the wine this weekend.

Also, so far this month, I've walked or run 19 miles. My goal is 50 miles and at this pace, I'll probably surpass my goal (unless I get sick again).

Take care everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #53  

Allison you are doing great. You know what to do, so keep doing it.
How is your mom doing? That is good that you are jogging. It burns a lot of calories.

Janice have you heard of Nature Valley Fibre Source? They have 5 grams of fiber and 130 calories with only 3 grams of fat. They fill you up and are a great treat.

Shelley how is your foot doing? Injuries take a long time to heal especially when we want to be more active than we really should. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #54  
Janice

Way to go Allison, you are doing great.
Dee - I haven't heard of Nature Valley Fibre source is it something you add to things or a bar or what?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #55  

Janice you sure have been missing it out. It is like a granola bar but made with honey and lots of fiber. I buy mine at costco but walmart, or most grocery stores have them.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #56  

Good morning everyone.

My Mom is doing okay. I talked with her yesterday and she said she thinks the swelling in her knee is going down. She has an appointment with the wound care doctor today--hopefully that will be good news. She says the only thing she is not happy about is the fact that she needs assistance to use the bathroom and for transitions in/out of bed/wheelchair. I explained that the PT she is getting is to strengthen her upper body so she can do it herself and as soon as she can do it herself she can go home. She knows that. Hopefully it won't be much longer. She and my Dad are planning on flying down here in May for Dana's graduation (I already bought the tickets). I sure hope they'll still be able to come.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #57  

Allison I am glad that your mom is doing a bit better. It sure is hard to see our parents hurt.
I hope that your parents will be able to make it to Dana's grad. It should be plenty of time for your mom to recover.

This week will be a busy week. I have a massage this afternoon, hair cut tomorrow afternoon and I go for my epidural injections again on wednesday. After that I will be toast for a few days.
Inbetween that I have to start looking through my stuff for mexico. lots to pack and organize for going away that long.

Larry made it safely home last night. He was happy to be here even though he loved Europe. He gets very lonely without me. It likes a separation anxiety. Not sure how he will do so soon after his trip when I go to mexico two weeks before him. Hopefully the kids will check up on him. He even crys when i talk to him on the phone. Poor guy.

It is just freezing here today. It is like -26 with out the windchill. I have no fricken clue what it is with the windchill. To darn cold , as in like time for Mexico.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #58  
Janice

Morning everyone. I think the cold weather is heading this way too. I am tired of winter. Wish I was going somewhere warm. I walk in the snow for about 20 seconds in the morning. It seems to help the pain and swelling in my feet.
Dee - how is your back feeling? You need more shots?
Shelley - any word on the job Mike applied for?
Allison - glad your Mom is starting to feel better. She sounds very feisty.
Trying to stay on program, I am weighing in on Wednesdays. I didn't join WW but am following the plan.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #59  

Janice good for you. I am a life ttime member of ww's and I weigh in every month. Sometimes I like to go more often when I am having a hard time staying on program.
My back seems to have settled down the last few days, it was rough from monday to about saturday but now it is pretty good.
I go for more injections tomorrow so I don't think that I will post for a few days. I am so scared to go. I just hate it.
You can come and join me in Mexico. I have a two bedroom condo just for myself.

Shelley how you doing? I am still praying for a job for Mike. Don't give up faith.

Allison how is your mom doing today? I hope that she keeps improving. What is the weather like for you?

I talked to my mom and dad on sunday. They arrived in BC on friday but it wasn't uneventful. She said the roads were good until the last 100 miles, it started to get slushy and slippery. You have to remember that they are driving on steep swinding and twisting roads in the mountains. Mom said it was pretty stressful. Dad is not the best driver. They hit one really slippery spot and Dad hit the brakes skidded across the three times on a curve not knowing what was coming. The side of the road was a sharp drop off.....they headed for that and went down the side of the mountain....mom thought that it was over. They got hung up on a tree and needed help to get out of the van and climb back up the mountain. Some kind samarentins stopped and helped them. Someone else took my mom to a restaurant to wait for Dad to come back. Someone else called a tow truck and pulled out the van. Fortunatly no one was hurt and the van was in perfect condition. They were nervous to continue but made it to their condo that day. I am so happy that everything ended up that way. I don't think that I could deal with losing my parents after just losing Vivian.
I am having a hard time with that. I am sad that when I go to Mexico I won't be able to count on her being their for me and looking after me like mother's do.

Enjoy the next few days and I will post once I am up and around.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #60  

Gee Dee, your parents trip sounds scary! Thankfully they're safe.

I haven't talked to my Mom since Sunday--I'll call her tonight to see how it went with the wound care doctor yesterday. My SIL wrote to say that Mom is progressing well and is starting to be able to manage transfers, but not with enough stability to be able to go home just yet. She sees the ortho doc next week and also has a consult scheduled with a vascular surgeon.

Good luck with your back. What kind of injections are you getting?
Closed Thread