Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I just do the shopping if I don't he calls me every 2 seconds or keeps me on the phone while shopping (he did this the last time we didn't need much and I thiought he could handle it boy was I wrong) So now I just do it in a round about way I end up doing it either way. Althought he does stick to the list quite well he will bring himself and the kids something but it is usually the cheapest chips he could find.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #107  
Ilene the Bean

I should sent my hubby shopping all the time because he looks at the bargains and I don't, my bad!!

Today it's nice here but it may rain later, I hope not I want to run with my running group, I've already made it to the gym for back and biceps...After running it's swimming... So it's a full day...

DD is home this week, I may have mentionned that earlier, I have no idea what will want to do... and she IS a
Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #108  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Smile I did it

I am proud of myself.Today I didn't binge at the mall.All I had was a Skinny Chocolate chiller from Second Cup.Its cocoa powder,skim milk and ice cubes all crushed together in a blender.Its low fat.I had cravings and I kept telling myself that I'll feel better if I dont overeat.Usually I would have eaten a medium Blizzard,A Big Mac,Large Fries,Large drink,9 inch garlic finger,chicken fried rice,fried wontons,fried chicken from KFC and another ice cream...oh yeah an thats usually eaten in one hour...all of it.I must have 4 stomachs like a cow.I have saved over 30$ in money and I wont feel bad about myself.Victory!!!Yay!!!

Chantal
[SIZE="3"]
Old 03-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #109  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Woo hoo Chantal! Great job; you must feel awesome for resisting all of that temptation!

Question about the skinny chocolate chiller -- isn't there some sort of sweetener in there at all? With just cocoa powder, ice, and milk, it would taste gross... do they use sugar free chocolate syrup?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Speaking of sugar free chocolate syrup ... anybody find some in Ontario?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #111  

Greta job Chantal!!! You should put that 30$ savings away for when you need a new wardrobe with all the weight you will be loosing.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #112  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Nice work Chanty!!
I didn't bring enough for lunch today; or so I seemed to think, and got a big giant cinnamon bun from the cafeteria. But then I also split it in half and shared it with a colleague, so not so much harm done.
The stupid thing about it is that I still have an orange left and it's almost time to go home.
I guess I could have just had the orange....

It's funny what I tell myself when I really want junkfood.
Anyways, tomorrow's a new day.
Everyone have a lovely night!!
Tammy
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #113  
Acadian Chick

Lightbulb good question

RidiculouslyAddicted: They dont use any syrup...they must use artificial sweetners.The powder is made of 7 different cocoa beans.This drink is a good alternative to ice cream.There is only 1 gram of fat in it.

Canadian mom: Thats a good idea to save the money and spend it on a new wardrobe.

SusanB:I live in new brunswick and I've seen some sugar free chocolate syrup in the wal-mart pharmacy section.Its in there with the sugar-free candy and stuff...I dunno maybe there is some in ontario wal-mart pahrmacies
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #114  
Acadian Chick

Default :)

Greeneggsanstam: Keep in mind the Positive...U have shared a big Cinnamon bun,with all that oooey-gooey frosting and cinnamon sprinkles...I would have had a hard time sharing my cinnamon bun.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #115  

They have sugar free chocolate suryp here! I will have to check wal mart next time I am there. Of course I live in Fredericton so they prbably won't have it. lol
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'

Hello every one. Way to go everyone! I need to loose 30 pounds and I really can use some support. I am only 5' nothin and weigh in at 170 so somethings got to go. HELP!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #117  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

OMG, ILENE. . . your DH is definitely one of a kind . . . you could make a fortune renting him out, you know.

Anyway, big for everybody and an extra for you, CHANTY. Way to go.

I'm going to have to look for NSA chocolate syrup at my Wal-mart. . . I was sure it was one of those "not for Canadians" things. BTW, you can make a fairly decent imitation with Cocoa, Splenda, and a touch of Vanilla mixed with a little hot water. I use it for making chocolate yogurt and also pour a little over vanilla NSA ice cream.

Speaking of the things we say to ourselves to rationalize our binges . . . at Christmas time I indulged in some Lindor Truffles - 5 of them - but convenced myself that if I hadn't had them, I would have eaten 10 chocolate timBits for just about the same calorie count. For me, as a Diabetic, the Truffles were a much better choice because most of their calories came from fat and would not impact my BGL nearly as much as the Timbits which get their calories from refined carbs. Sounded pretty good at the time.

Today, I bought the smallest jar of No Salt-No Sugar Peanut Butter that I could find. PB is one of my biggest trigger foods. Anyway, I bought this as a test to see if I am ready to face eating 1 TABLESPOON of PB and stopping at that. It may sit on my counter for a while, because I'm really afraid to open it. Wish me luck.

Anyway, gang . . . got to go give the cat his Insulin (should have done it an hour ago, but forgot (bad pet-mother) . . . and then figure out what to have for dinner (not a jar of PB). Hope you all have a great evening of doing lots of moving and shaking kind of stuff . . . See you later . . .
Old 03-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #118  
Acadian Chick

Post Welcome Bunny24

Hi Bunny 24

You have chosen the right place to get help with your weight issues. Whatever problems or questions u have,u can post it on here and we will try our best to help you.Take it one day at a time.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #119  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi BUNNY You snuck in there while I was typing, I guess; we are so happy to have you join us; to our group. Tell us a little more about yourself and what strategies you have in mind for your eating and exercising routines. We are all definitely here for you as you head down the long and bumpy road to better health and fitness. Have a great evening.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #120  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Default :)

Hi all! And welcome to all the new people!! I can't get over how much can happen here over only one or two days.
I didn't get to the gym today, or eat supper... after a three-hour hike in the cold for a lab I came home, lay down for just a minute, and woke up four hours later. I guess I was tired!! I was up late last night finishing up a lab report and a paper so I shouldn't be surprised. Did pretty good on the food front other than sleeping through supper... raisin bran for breakfast and a tuna sandwich for lunch. I'm not eating after 8pm, and I woke up at 8:30... so I am wondering what to do! It can't be a good idea to not eat anything but I don't want to eat a big meal this late. A big meal plus a nap will mean I won't sleep at all tonight. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll just grab some yogurt or something.

Chanty: Congratulations!!! You've exerted your willpower and saved money in the process... I bet it feels good!!

I can definitely sympathize with the rationalizing thing... I've told myself it's fine to have chocolate milk because - hey, it's milk, it's good for you... and chocolate because at least it's not pure sugar like candy, so I must be getting some nutritional value from it. Made sense to me at the time
Closed Thread