Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

... and we wouldn't want to suffer the wrath of Wuth ...

It's all good on the Eastern Ontario front, a bit cold at the moment but looking to warm up about time I say!!

Been to the gym already this am, now I'm off to shower and get ready for work...
Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #62  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Eh!
hhahaha I've been dying to do that for two days.
This morning has been lovely so far! I've been to the gym and actually got up in time enough to do both a bit of cardio and a bit of weight training. So I'm feeling great.
What are your thoughts on this: Most weekdays I have an alarming amount of snacks in the morning. They're all healthy, but geez, this morning alone, I've had b'fast - toast, an apple, a banana, a granola bar and I was just about to tuck into a yogurt too. I mean I think I've just gotten into a habit of snacking all morning long. Goodness! I don't think there's too much harm being done and I'm never really ravenous by lunch time, but my partner looked at me as though I was crazy when I packed my snacks for the day and it looked like a giant sized lunch bag.
Maybe I'll just save the yogurt for lunchtime.
Susan - I agree with something you wrote on another thread about how posting here can make you more accountable for what you do on a daily basis than you would otherwise! Yessss. The yogurt is safe for another few hours...

Okay must go plan for third period.....
Everyone have a great day!!Eh.
Okay I promise to quit doing that!!
Tammy
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #63  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's OK, eh. My aunt got into trouble in buying shoes in the States. She asked, "Could I have this in a five, eh?" She's a C width and never did manage to get shoes that fit. She realized it when she got home.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Tammy - my take on snacks is that we do need them. I eat 5-6 mini meals/day, but I make sure that there are at least 2 hours in between them and I always eat a portion of protein and carb at each of those mini mieals. Maybe you are constantly snacking because you don't have any protein in there. My favourite snack is cottage cheese and fruit or a protein shake with a banana, or sometimes I just have some chicken breast and veggies, why not, I'm hungry so I eat...

Ruth, that's too cute, eh?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #65  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

RidiculiouslyAddicted- sorry I didnt post sooner but things have been crazy around here- the no sugar added ice cream i get is from bryers, the vanilla has 80 cals for 1/2 a cup 5 grams of fat, 11 carbs and 3 protien, thats in vanilla. Im pretty sure I got it at the superstore, out west i think they are real canadian superstore or something, i cant remember lol

meowee-chapmans has nsa frozen yogurt? do you know how many cals. MMM I LOVE ICE CREAM im the ice cream monster lol
Old 03-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #66  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Okay . . . for everybody else, these are going to seem like pretty weirdly explicit instructions . . .

Hi CUPCAKE . . . As you face the freezer in the store, open the door one to the left of where the Bryers NSA ice cream is . . . the Chapmans NSA Frozen Yogurt is just about eye-level . . . 1 litre, round containers, white with a blue flower on the front . . . but be sure to read the name because their NSA ice cream is in just about the same container. Don't have any at the moment, so can't quote you the exact nutritional breakdown.

. . . Meryl and I shop at the same Atlantic Super Store in New Glasgow. It's the only one in the area.

Oh, BTW, did you happen to notice that Glen (Hefty1) asked where you lived in Saskatchewan? I know I almost missed it, hidden under that crack about all the Nova Scotians tipping us into the ocean. Don't ignore our resident Rooster, girl. It's an asset for every little group of 'cluckers' to have one. They are few and far between around here.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #67  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Ilene;
I never thought of that. You're most likely right. Maybe I'll give it a go with the yogurt earlier on in the day and add an egg or something. But you're right if you're hungry; eat.

Ruth; that's hilarilious!! 5A...
Weekend Goals:
Get to the gym at least once out of the two days for a little cardio.
Limit my usually over-indulgent wine intake.
Do some artwork!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Tammy
Old 03-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #68  

hey... i just joined the other day and meowee told me this is canadain one...lol... i am in alberta... had a bad day at a doctor's office... friend asked me what i was going to do - eat healthier, eat less, exercise... i told her kill the doctor.. much easier... lol... but the day at the doctors embarrassed me and i don't know why... when i was preggo with my little girl, the doctor i had poked my belly and said he had a lot of "padding" to work with... that didn't embarrass me or make me cry... but this doctor called me fat... maybe that was what it was... anyways i am rambling now... i am going to do slimfast for a little bit just to get me a little more energized and stuff while working out and then it will be eating better and exercise and all that good stuff... hope to talk to you all soon...
Old 03-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #69  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

thanks meowee- i would have missed that, im getting old i guess
I will have to look next time I am at the superstore, how could I miss that? haha

glen- I lived in Estevan, but stayed in Regina for about 2.5 months when my son was born. I hated Estevan, but Regina was really a very nice city. Are you from Saskatchewan?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Has anyone tried hypnosis?

Hi Canada, I've been looking for anyone who has tried/heard of hypnosis for weight loss. Trying to stop thinking about food All THE TIME...there is a Chinese Herbalist in the city who can do the deed.

Anyone?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

babybran and karwie
Old 03-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #72  
Ilene the Bean

karwie -- The only thing I've heard about hypnosis for losing weight or quitting smoking is that if you really don't have the mind set to quit or lose weight it won't work... I guess it's the same without hypnosis, you're mind has to be into it... Losing weight is all in our heads IMHO...
Old 03-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanx for the welcome...ha, I just got the cartoon weigh-o-meter working today, can't wait to have time to figure out the blinking things!
I should probably be posting in the 'absolutely in LOVE with eating' forum, or maybe the 'yeah, yeah, I know, I know..." chat room. Its weird but I always gain weight when I diet, I figure because I'm thinking about what to eat, what not to eat, what I ate, what's in the fridge, etc. Any time I have lost a significant amount I didn't realize it until my clothes were falling off. Seriously, who was it that said we have to find a way to trick ourselves? Maybe this will be my trick. It's not expensive, but am I missing something? Do you think I should be more wary, afraid even??

karwie
Old 03-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. It's kinda gloomy here today. Rain is forecast I think. Hmmm, I've walked in the rain before.

Karwie ... I'm gonna jump in with a gentle request. But first about the fear ... I don't think hypnosis can make you do anything you wouldn't normally do. Don't be afraid of that. OK now ... I'd like to you just take a week or so and stick with us. Come to 3FC and read whenever you can. If you feel like eating too much ... come to us. If you don't feel like exercising ... come to us.
Just try our help for free ... before you spend money on something questionable, OK?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #75  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . Hope everybody has fun and active plans for the weekend.

Glad you made it over here BABYBRAN and a great big welcoming for you KARWIE. So glad you found us and 3FC.

I have to agree with what has already been said about hypnosis . . . don't know if it can really help, but I don't think it can hurt . . . half the battle with any kind of addiction (and I think most of us agree you can put food in that category) is psychological; so if you believe that hypnosis is the winning ingredient in your particular weight-loss recipe, it will be.

Now, having said that, I also think SusanB has given a really great bit of advice. Try us first, we're cheaper, and we're here for you pretty much 24/7.

Not too much planned for my weekend . . . the temps are supposed to go all the way up to freezing today. Yippee. The sun is a bit spotty, but mostly it's here. Have to get going for a run to Superstore . . . all the talk about Chapman's NSA Frozen Yogurt has me and, although my high-protein oatmeal pancake was marvellous this morning (originally one of Ilene's recipes, I think), it has not completely filled the want-it-void -- oh, need catfood, too -- 2 of my 3 are rather partial to the PC brand of canned food -- the other one eats only dry food (and people-tuna, if he can get it).

So . . . off I go for the shower and then for the shopping run. Hope you all have a great day of doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can, gang . . . see you later.
Closed Thread