Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,
I found this site (by my own lucky chance) a day or so ago and joined up right away!

I am 32 yrs old, married w/ 1 daughter and we live in New Brunswick Canada - Hello fellow Canadians!!

My turning point was about 3 weeks ago...a little RUDE boy at my daughters daycare said BOY ARE YOU FAT....then a week after, I broke a patio chair (yes, it was old..but still..) and a week ago my DR told me I had 50% chance of developing type 2 diabetes due to having diabetes when I was pregnant almost 3yrs ago.

My current weight as of last Monday (March 5th) was 224 lbs. Way too much for my 5"3 frame.

So - now I'm following weight watchers. I've got the books & am following the points system. I've journaled what I ate all week and never once went over my points (yeah me!).

I love trying new recipes so I'm happy to find Fat Chicks has a recipe section, I love trying new things. My hubby is quite supportive and will eat pretty much anything I put in front of him (thank heavens!)...so I'm sure he'll lose some in my challenge as well.

My long term goal is to get down to 160 (the weight when I met my husband almost 13 years ago). It's not my "ideal" weight, but I think it's an attainable goal...maybe once I get there I'll go for another goral but I think that's a good one for now.

I love reading the success stories on here, they are so inspiring....

If anyone has any good reciepes they'd like to share, or journal websites to track food/progress -please PM & share!

Take care
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Man, this thread is movin' ...

... Hi Everyone ... and to all the newbie Canadians!!!

Glad to see everyone is so energetic and motivated here. I had a pretty busy week; managed to stay OP and got lots more exercise thanx to Heather's March Madness Exercise thread. Boy, I needed the nudge.

Last Thursday and today, I went ski-walking for the first times; it's a lot of fun and really helps me with my balance. I also did weights and some RTM's (stetching & toning reps); plus my regular daily walks as well.

TRACY, I tried a new recipe called Tortilla Pizzas today. I have always been a pizza lover, but was forgoing them to lose weight. But with these, you don't have all those heavy dough cals from regular crusts. I used the 8" whole wheat tortillas; even DH just loved them. For toppings, I used sauce, turkey pepparoni, olives, and mozza; baked on a cookie sheet at 400F until the cheese melted; man, are they good. Had my xtra-low-cal version of apple crisp for our Sunday night dessert.

Things were melting here for us today & low temps too. I think spring is coming early, even here in Canada ... yahooooo! I'm glad cuz this winter was so cold here; my face almost froze off; even DH hated to go outside much, and he's the outdoorsy type.

Anyways, hope you all have a great week; keep on keepin' on, and take extremely good care of yourselves ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #93  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Question I got a question

Hi all

I'm wondering...

I weight 281 pounds and I want to reach my goal weight of 130pounds.This will be a 150lbs weight loss...I'm afraid my skin will stretch out and I'll need surgery to put my sagging skin back in place.Would lifting weights prevent it?A combination of aerobic exercise and lifting weights?I know slow and steady weight loss is the best way...

Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #94  
Ilene the Bean

traceycanada

ChantyKitty -- Let me direct your enquiry about skin to this section of the forum Weight Loss And Skin FAQs
Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #95  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well it's Monday . . . but I do hesitate to say Good Morning . . . OMG I do not do well with time changes. My mind/body reaction always seems way out of proportion to the actual event. (No, I don't travel well either - only takes one or two time zones to knock me out of action for days).

Yesterday afternoon . . . I couldn't stay awake. Last night . . . I couldn't go to sleep. About 2 am, I decided lots of NSA ice cream would help -- it didn't. Finally got about 3 hours sleep and was up and raring to go at 5:30. Oh well, I usually get my act together in a few days.

CHANTAL and TRACEY . So glad you found our little group. Really looking forward to chatting with you as we all make our way down the winding path to better health and fitness together.

Big for everybody else. So glad to see you all.

Well, think I'd better get myself dressed and out for an early Mall Crawl today. May be my only hope for staying awake for a bit. Okay, gang, hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day of doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can. See you later, gaters.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #96  
Ilene the Bean

Good morning Linda

So far the change hasn't bothered me, usually it does but not this year yet... The plan for today is to make it to the gym then maybe go to Cosco with DD she's off school this week, just her and I are off so we'll do just stuff, like having lunch, shopping, having lunch, shopping... Do you see a trend here girls?

Ok I'm off...
Old 03-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #97  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

The time change doesn't bother me; most of the time I'm so busy in my own head I don't really notice. Same with the weather, although I'm working on that.

I'm going to work really hard at staying OP this week and making myself feel better, because I feel like I've been slowly slipping, and although I'm still seeing losses, I don't feel AS great as I have been in the last couple of months. Wow... I've been doing South Beach for 64 days now. That's really incredible to me!

Hope everyone has a great day (it seems like I had more to say when I started posting, but my brain isn't quite working yet...)!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Hello everyone. I just found this section for canadians but have been a lurker of 3 fat chicks for awhile. I seem to start a diet and then get off track easilyI am 42 years old and my weight is 218. I like to follow the south beach diet. These last few weeks have been difficult for me - my daughter left for the RCMP academy in Regina - I live in northern Ontario and I have indulged in overeating and cannot continue, so I need to focus and try to lose some weight. I did not realize how hard it would be to let one of your children go (she is the first) to leave the nest, I am sure it will be worse when my son leaves I only have the two children - my husband just shakes his head and say you should be happy for them - I am but it is still hard. Back to the diet I am going to the grocery store today to stock up on the heathy stuff and will attempt to start again tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great to show up at my daughter graduation from the RCMP in Aug 60-80 pounds lighter she would be soooo shocked and that is my GOAL
Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #99  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Canadianas!!

Man I'm in such a good mood this morning! I made it to the gym both days on the weekend and I thought this morning as I contemplated my running shoes...NAH...and enjoyed a tasty tasty cup'o'joe.

Sometime in the frozen month of January I think my brain actually froze and I signed up and paid for a triathalon training course through the Y. It's something I never ever would have done otherwise, so the brain freeze explanation is the only thing I can come up with. I am so excited and nervous about it, I can hardly wait. Its supposed to be for absolute beginners, so I am hoping they mean, like REAL ABSOLUTE beginners, like me. Ya gotta start somewhere..
Anyways I should go and plan for my lovely grade nines..

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Tammy
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #100  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hommer - here's a hug!!
Good job on stocking up on the healthy foods.
I have to do that too today. It seems we're out of veggies and fruit as of last night...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #101  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all
I hope all is well with everyone. I am doing well sticking to exercise and on plan. I hope I will finally lose weight. I have been maintaining my weight, but I go through stages like that. Oh well just wanted to say hello to everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #102  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Question Will I be likable when I'll be smaller?

I have these silly thoughts in my head.Will people still like me when I have lost all of my 150pounds?Will I get cocky and show-off?My fat is a form of protection...Its difficult to explain...I think that since I am fat I can hide and people don't expect anything from me...but what if I'm a healthy size?I won't be able to hide anymore...I know its weird.I imagine myself being a healthy 130lbs...I'll be doing many new things...new things that I cant do now beause of my obesity...change scares the heck out of me...

Chantal

Old 03-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #103  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi HOMMER and to the group. It's not easy letting them learn to fly on their own; but believe me (although I know it's hard right now), eventually you will wonder why you couldn't kick them out of the nest sooner . Just put the food indulgences behind you and start planning for the new outfit you will wear for your DD's graduation ceremony.

Hi ILENE -- definitely a pattern developing -- have fun. Hi SHELBY -- keep up the good work, chickie. Hi TAMMY -- Wow, good luck on the Triathlon training; very impressive undertaking, girl. Hi ANN -- When you keep doing the good stuff, kiddo, the weight will just have to back off. give it time. Hi CHANTAL -- no need to try to explain, my dear; I understand exactly what you mean and I'm sure many others do too. Change is scarey . . . but this is good change . . . and you will be even more lovable for it; because you will love yourself better.

Also a big and a resounding HI to everybody else. Well, I think it is still Monday. I had a great little shopping trip, but I did have a nap when I got home and it felt good. Hope I still sleep tonight. See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking this evening.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I had a nap too! Now, it's supper time and I got nuthin' .... oh, yes ... I could be working on that but .... had to see what the Chicks were up to first.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #105  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Morning!

Sent BF to go grocery shopping yesterday... a bit of a mistake. He (for some unknown reason) bought two HUGE bags of green beans -- spent $14 on them (one bag was Europe's Best, expensive ones). He also bought a HUGE bag of frozen berries ($15, Europe's Best again), when we hardly ever use them! Bought himself little treats that weren't on the list, like fudgesicles and havarti. *sigh* We're on a really strict budget, so that means that I REALLY have to watch what I spend the next couple of weeks, and on my Costco trip tomorrow. All in all though, I suppose I shouldn't complain. He only forgot one thing on the list, and "only" overspent by $25... which won't kill us in the long run, right? I should just be happy that he was more than willing to go for me. Sorry, just needed to vent about that a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Closed Thread