Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi SHELBY . . . . . . So glad to have you joining us and glad to hear that you are doing so well with South Beach . . . it is definitely a popular plan, and a healthy one. Wow, I really hope your exercise bug is contagious. That is definitely not one of my strong points.

Hi ANDTAM . . . . . . A big welcome to you too. We've seen a lot of Oprah readers here recently. Definitely glad you picked up the right issue and found us. Boy, am I ever with you on wanting this Winter to end.

Keep things moving and shaking today, ladies. See you soon.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Its amazing how many people have seen up in the Oprah mag! How exciting!
Just plugging along here today, I feel like I just don't have the strength to do the exercise today but I will get it done! Not enough food for energy today I assume, better look into that.
Have a great day all!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

RA~ You said you live in Edmonton. What part? I ask cause I lived there for a couple of years (don't tell the hubby but I do miss it a bit). My cousin still lives there she has lives there for about 9 years now i think ahe moved there when her then bf got transfered(military) she is now divorced and I hear getting married again.

Oh almost forgot my pipes are unthawed now we now can shower!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #34  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

I live on the South side, University area, but grew up in St. Albert. I really like Edmonton... but both DBF and I would much prefer to be in Vancouver. I just don't think that it will ever be financially feasible, KWIM?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

How old are you? If you don't mind. I know your name is all that unpopular but my cousin had a friend nabed Shelby. I used to live on Griesbach base (when they started to move and build the new hoses) my hubby had a coworker who who lived in st albert (can remember his mane for the life of me)
Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #36  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, I am from Ontario.
I hope you are all doing well. I am currently on weight watchers.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 228/220/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the advice meowee, it is always welcome. I will check out the sites you mentioned. I sometimes feel that Atkins gets a bad rap though. It is only the first two weeks that are radical. After that the advice is quite sound. Keep adding carbs back in everyweek in increments until you hit the week where you don't lose any weight. That is your threshold and your carb intake should be just under that. The book also says that you must exercise everyday and that you should gradually keep increasing your activity. As well, there is a carb hierarchy when it comes to increasing them and it is fruit and veggies first and the more comprehensive starches last. This is really just to kick start me. I find it pretty easy to follow. I have my husband and mother doing it with me as well so we keep each other motivated. I work closely with my doctor and my Endocrinologist. My doctor said that he doesn't care how I lose the weight as long as I do although he did not like Dr. B. My Endocrinologist told me that the post partum glucose intolerance test showed that my sugars had gone back to normal but that I really needed to concentrate on losing weight because the gestational diabetes shows that I am at higher risk for developing adult onset diabetes. Trust me, I am motivated for a lifestyle change! I have no desire to have to prick myself with insulin before every meal. Any way, appreciate the info and I will definitely check out the sites you have recommended.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #38  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Just checkin' in ...

Hi everyone ... wow, it's nice to see so many new Canadian faces; seems a new one arrives almost every day.

... to all of you. I'm managing to stay OP (on plan) very well; and I joined a March Madness Excercise Thread. I am finding it fun trying to match and/or beat my goal (however modest) for the month. One thing I really like about this place, is that we may get and give tips and advice, but we can all do our own thing; whatever works best for us ...

I'm doing a portion/cal thing myself; it's workin' for me. I'm adding new stuff to my informal exercise plan as often as I can. Some days are better than others, but I'm doing well overall. Have a great week ladies; will check in again soon ... Rosebud.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 AM   #39  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!
I got half way through a post on here last night and my power flickered, for the 3rd time last night, so I just gave up and went to bed.

Since everyone else is sharing what plan they are on I might as well share mine? haha
Im basically just counting calories, making sure *most of them* come from fruits veggies, lean proteins and "good" carbs(mostly whole grain stuff) and I do allow myself to have "treats", like the no sugar added bryers vanilla ice cream. sooo good, that is my fave one haha. Im trying to drink lots and lots of water, and attempting to do some sort of exercize, it hasnt been working out the last few weeks, but hopefully I will be able to find somemore time

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good day! Im not sure I will since I have to leave my house today to go to Antigonish for a Dr's appointment and its -18 out
Old 03-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #40  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big at my fellow Canadians!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #41  
Ilene the Bean

Good morning fellow Canucks

And a great big to all the newbies floating in, the more the merrier...

Yesterday wasn't one of my best food days but today is a new day... In a few minutes I'm going for a good long run...afterwards I will go to the gym do work on back and biceps... Food WILL be on plan today even if I go out tonight with my g/f to celebrate her birthday ... I'll have a glass of wine and that's IT!!

Later all, gotta get running TTFN
Old 03-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #42  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang . . .

Beautiful sunny day out there this morning, but it is cold. Once again, I have to say that I know Spring will eventually get here, just wish it would hurry up.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda . . . another Vet trip . . . between my 3 cats and my friends 7 dogs and 1 cat, it seems I'm always taking somebody in there (my friend doesn't drive). Probably do a little bit of a mall crawl (it does count as extra exercise, in my book anyway ). Other than that, just planning for a good OP day.

Hi NEWLIFESTYLE . . . Welcome to our little group. I'm originally from Ontario. Glad to have you with us and hope you will be chattring with us often not wthat you've found us.

Sorry I ranted on you the other day, RBPJ . . . I know Atkins has changed a lot since the original 'eat a pound of butter at every meal' version that was around about 30 years ago. Just don't forget to follow the full plan because I've also bumped into girls around here, that think they want to stay on the Induction phase forever.

Here's a great big for the rest of you. Hope you have a great moving and shaking day. See you all really soon.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #43  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Gah!! Missed going to the gym this morning. Completley slept in, and due to that, missed breakfast. I'm telling ya, when it rains it pours. Lol.

So... I grabbed an apple, banana, yogurt and a granola bar for the morning. Okay so I'm now having a mid-morning feast it would seem. It's funny, you know I really admire these people who are organized, and I give an effort to plan my days so I can avoid using our gross cafeteria, but I thwart my own efforts more often than not. I need a personal assistant.

Maybe I can get in a walk later or go to the gym after supper. I hate that. It's all filled with the cool, athletic, muscley crowd. Anyways my prep is done and my grade nines are here....

Everyone have a great day!!
Tammy
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 232/222/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies:
I like this Canadian forum, I didn't see it yesterday when I joined, as to weather on the 6th tomorrow and the weekend is looking great. I will have to get my butt out the door and get moving. My scales are looking good today, I actually started eating right about a week ago when my doctor said I have borderline high blood pressure and have to eat right and exercise more. That ugly scale was not so ugly this morning, down from 232 to 228, yay for me..
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #45  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
How old are you? If you don't mind. I know your name is all that unpopular but my cousin had a friend nabed Shelby. I used to live on Griesbach base (when they started to move and build the new hoses) my hubby had a coworker who who lived in st albert (can remember his mane for the life of me)
No, I don't mind you asking! I'm 25.
Closed Thread