Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #151  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I gotta make this quick but I did want to fit in a few personals.

Tammy – We did get hit by the ice storm, we ended up with about 2 ½ inches of solid ice. We are also supposed to get 5 – 9 inches of snow this weekend. YUCK! You are so close to Onderland and I know you can do it. Go Tammy, Go Tammy…………..

Cheryl – Congrats on the 1.6 gone forever. Please send that fairy fat mother my way.

Tina – Congrats on getting back to ticker. I am determine to get back to mine and then try to catch you.

Emily – I have been thinking about getting a dance pad for our play station but was not sure about how much exercise it would be. Do you feel like it was a good work out?

Erin – I hear you about the plateau I am stuck to but I think it is from lack of trying. Come on girl lets kick this in the rump.

Nicole – sorry to hear about the scale jump but you know you can kick it to the curb. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Louie – Nice to see a fly by from you also.

Liza – Ok so you lasted 3 minutes, that is 3 minutes longer than nothing right? Tomorrow try for 4 minutes and the next day 5 minutes. Before you know it you will have the whole DVD done.

Linda – sorry to hear about the sleep problems. I get in to those ruts sometimes where I don’t sleep right and it really can mess you up. Thanks for the will power dust I know I can use it.

Well girls I have been totally on track for the past two days and that includes exercise. I feel like maybe I am getting my groove back. The scales are at 221 this morning but I think some of it is due to sore muscles holding fluid from the exercise.

Well I guess I had better get to work. But I want to leave you all with this tid bit of information I found yesterday.

The Capsaicin in chile peppers increases calorie burning by up to 62% for more than 20 minutes after consumption. Adding chile peppers in the form of hot sauce (Tabasco) to a healthy diet can help you loose up to a pound a week.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai View Post
Leygh, I'd like to think I'm making up for my endulgences today...hehehe! I would imagine you are in an English speaking school. My..My..by the time you're ready to move out on your own and live wherever...you'll have a few languages under your belt.
Yes, I go to an american high school. I live 45mins from it, so I have to get up early just so I dont miss the bus. Exams are this coming monday and I'm so ready for the week to pass. I check all my grades today and I dont have any Cs! Haha I'm happy, I honestly didnt push myself b/c I've been working on other things, so I managed to but some last minute stuff in. All As and Bs!
I plan on learning spanish fluently and taking it in college, then after that I plan on learning Russian.

Well, I havent been able to make it to the gym, you guys heard about that horrible storm in europe? I got to be apart of that. Not enjoyable, but it got so bad that the school wanted to send us home early.I went from one class to the other and got completely soak.

Sorry I cant write more but I gotta go. Hope all is well with you guys!.

Jordan
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #153  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Wow . . . just a really quick HELLO from me tonight . . . the storm is soooooo bad -- really heavy rain and really high winds -- I'm worried about the power going down at any minute.

Have a great evening, all, and hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #154  

its that time of the month so not feeling like exercising or eating healthily
hope the rest of you are doing ok!
luv n hugs
XXX
Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #155  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

The roof is still attached to the top of my house; although there were a few times during the night that I might have thought differently. The wind is still howling, but definitely not as badly as last night and it has stopped precipitating for the moment. Actually, the sun is even popping out from time to time. Hope it keeps it up since I do have to go out for a few groceries -- cannot exist without the makings of the daily "big salad"

Anyway, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking. If we keep on doing the good stuff just as much as we possibly can, we will be rewarded. See you soon.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #156  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Morning ladies,

I am once again back on track with my exercising, which makes me feel so much more in control. Thanks for all of the motivation you guys give me, you’re wonderful! The scales said 211 this morning, (well 211.8, but I never count the tenths).

Tina, Congrats for being back to ticker and falling. Oh I so understand the wanting to cross the onederland line. There are several of us pretty close to getting there, and I think it’s a great idea to plan to do it with buddies.

Emily, You getting some great exercise with your snow shoveling and the DDR. I’m on board getting to 199 with you. Won’t it be great to see that on the scale.

Erin, Stay with us over the next 2 months even with all of the distractions. I hope your tests go well and aren’t serious.

Liza, Walking is a great way to burn calories, so there’s no reason to not keep doing it until you’re ready for something else. Hope your weather has calmed down. The news reports here are talking about how deadly it has been.

Nicole, What a lot of reading to catch up on! It amazes me how much higher textbooks are now than when I was in college 20 years ago. (We thought they were high then!) It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead.

Hi Louie

Linda, Thank you for saying “I’m” an inspiration. It’s hard for me to imagine that I could be, but I appreciate you saying it anyway. Yes, 199, 199, 199 is what I keep thinking lately. I hope you were able to sleep the entire night, although the storm probably didn't help. Middle of the night is when I feel nibbly too.

Robbin, Wow, 5 – 9 inches of snow? Is that unusual for you guys? I didn’t think Oklahoma received much snow. I’m glad to hear that you are back on track with both food and exercise. That scale will start dropping anytime now.

Leygh, Good luck on your exams this week. I have heard about the storm there. Stay safe!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #157  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Default Ready for the weekend !

Hi, Ladies

Wow, time has gotten away from me the past few days and I haven't made it here to post. So while I am enjoying my morning I thought I best take a minute to check in.

Tammy ~ well done on getting back on track and getting the results on the scale ! Onederland her she comes !!

Linda ~ sounds like you are getting a real mixed bag of weather. Our snow is all gone now and blue skies today.

Liza ~ darn TOM hope you enjoy your weekend !

Jordan ~ I hadn't heard about the storms in Europe.. some days I think I live under a rock.

Robbin ~ congrats on being back on track and getting that scale to move.. yahoo !!! Interesting fact about the chili peppers.. I guess it is time to spice up my life

Tina ~ how is my neighbor to the east doing ? Has mother nature given you a bit of a break from the snow ?

Nicole ~ good to see you fly-by, hope all is well with you and that you aren't stuck with your nose in your books still.

Erin ~ good to see you, hope you are doing well

Emily ~ oooh dance dance revolution sounds like lots of fun ! Hope you have gotten a break from the snow as well.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.. miss a day here and yikes takes you awhile to get caught up.

Hope you all have a great day and I will TTYS
Old 01-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #158  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Sorry it's been a few days for me. I work allllllllll day on Thurs. and Fri. so I usually don't have much time for anything else. I'll usually be scarce those days.

Well, since Tuesday's weigh in I've had a pretty lousy week (thus far). Scales haven't budged a millimeter! I'm hoping it's just due to the awesome first week I had. I'm hoping I'm not at a plateau this quickly. I'm staying on target.....under, actually (which could possibly be my problem, although I feel like I'm eating PLENTY!!). I may use my "no weigh in" pass this week at WW, just to spare myself the discouragement. If they budge this week, I may be a pound. If I'm lucky!! I'm not discouraged yet, though.
I'm horrible with names, guys. That's why I'm not doing personals so much. I'm trying to still learn everyone's names. Right now, in order to do personals, I have to go from page to page to page. There's a lot I'd like to write to people, but I'm having trouble remembering who said what! lol I've been bad with names my whole adult life. No matter how hard I try.
Everyone who's close to onderland, I can hardly wait to be there with ya! I'm hoping by summer..........
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #159  

hi girls iv been way off track today with food, what is it with tom i just want to eat and eat!

found this quite funny and thought would share, they are so true and definatly apply to me when im on a period!

13 Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun

2. Psychotic Mood Shift

3. Perpetual Munching Spree

4. Puffy Mid-Section

5. People Make me Sick

6. Provide Me with Sweets

7. Pardon My Sobbing

8. Pimples May Surface

9. Pass My Sweatpants

10. Pissy Mood Syndrome

11. Plainly; Men Suck

12. Pack My Stuff

13. Potential Murder Suspect
Old 01-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #160  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys - well I'm down 2.2 lbs this week which I'm totally shocked by as I have done NO exercise this week! I did mean to but I've just been a lazy butt. So I really need to get cracking on this week to keep the weight loss going. Good news is I'm within 3 lbs of my pre-CHristmas weight, so not long to go now. My jeans are getting loose again.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #161  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies a quick fly by for me this morning. Weekend sucked scale wise. Saturday the scale bounced 219 to 220 which was good but Saturday night we went to some friends house and I ended up having about 5 margaritas which has left me holding tons of water and then yesterday TOM showed up and caused me to want to eat the paint off the walls. Today the scales are up to 224. UGH, where did my willpower go? I did exercise both Saturday and Sunday but a lot of good it did me.

Check back later, gotta get to work.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #162  

Hi ladies...Just a quick fly by this morning. Had a busy weekend, it was my Hubby's long weekend off, so we had ton's of things to be done. I've done good with my eating, but it's been a stuggle. Aunt FLO showed up, and I'm like Robbin, I could eat the paint off the walls!!! Thank goodness I don't have any sweet or salty foods in the house, just healthy stuff. I'll try to check back later.

cheryl
Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #163  

lol i was too scared to weigh in this morning i feel loads heavier so must have gained a few lbs over the last few days
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Hello everybody . . . . . . looks like I'm just kind of passing through too. Spent way too much time at the hospital today, talking about things to do on Friday and having a bunch of pre-admission tests. At least I now know that I can expect to be out again on Friday after surgery -- supposedly in about 4 hours all told.

Wow it was cold out there . . . especially since it was still dark when I left home . . . but even when I was coming back and it was beautifully sunny. Actually, the temps are pretty much 'seasonal', but we are just not used to seasonal this year.

Glad to hear everybody is doing pretty good. Congratulations to all for any SV's or NSV's. Keep on moving and shaking and doing the good stuff, gang. See you soon.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #165  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Just another fly-by today, but I promise I'll get back to personals tomorrow. Saturday my mom came to watch the kiddies, and my husband I I drove down to GA (about 5 hours, each way), to get my new car. I now drive a 2000 Mazda MPV. Yup, I own a minivan. Ack! And I like it! Double Ack! the most kick-butt thing though is we paid cash. Then Sunday, we had my daughter's 2nd birthday party. My husband was sick last week, and now the rest of us have it. Fortunately, not nearly as bad, but it's really making me feel worse about my daughter weaning back in the fall. Af did show, which accounted for the scale jump. It's gone back down, plus an extra pound off. I'm only recoding my measurements once a month, so I'm not sure the inches lost, but I'm hoping for an early spring. My jeans are getting too big, and if I'm buying new clothes, I'd like to be buying shorts and sundresses instead of jeans and sweaters.
Closed Thread