Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #286  

hi gals, goodness it has been quiet.
well my no loss on monday put me totally off track, just didnt have the motivation for exercise after my hard work the week before gave no results. weigh in tomorow morning, and after the way iv eaten the last week i expect a gain of a few pounds. but not gonna let it affect me this time - well im gonna try to not let it anyway. its just really disappointing when you work really hard all week and then dont see the scales move
Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 227/223/175

Height: 5'7"

Red face

Hey everybody. So I've fallen off the wagon like you wouldn't elieve, a combination of stress and forgetting to eat. You'd think that forgetting to eat would help you lose, but in all reality it just makes you eat a lot more at the end of the day. I'm thinking I'll set my alarm on my cell for every two hours to help me remember to eat during my shift. When I have a day off I'm an angel about the lifestyle (hate the word diet) but at work I get so busy it just doesn't occur to me to eat anything until it's too late.

I've been dreaming of food lately. Erotic dreams of cheeseburgers and the like. You guys ever had that? It's driving me a tad nutso.

Anyway, take care of yourselves, I'm going to try to hop back on the wagon tomorrow. Though I'm actually relly impressed with myself and my lack of total freaking out about the lapse. Granted when you're working 6 days a week it gets hard to care about your waistline, at least for me.

Wish me luck guys!! I feel like I need it, or at least better planning
Old 02-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #288  

good morning...dont ya just hate mondays. woke up with a cold and feel dreadful. oh well at least i wont be eating much with this sore throat lol!
the weigh in wasnt as bad as expected...a 2lb gain, thought it would be 3 or 4. gonna wait till after this headache goes to do a workout, check back in later xxx
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #289  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Wow!!! It sounds like we all had similar weeks last week. I don't think I've lost a thing....MAYBE a half a pound. If I'm lucky. Have been on track one day, off the next. Guess I haven't been off enough to gain, but not on enough to lose. May use my WW no weigh in pass this week. Hubby will probably pressure me into weighing, but I feel it'd probably be in my best interest to NOT weigh....for courage purposes. I've gotta find a way to stay motivated more. I've just been in a mood to want to eat really REALLY good stuff this week. I did pretty good on Valentine's day,....I think I ate two pieces of candy...on two different days, I think. Can't remember for sure. But like last night, we had hamburgers (93% fat free) and seasoned french fries (frozen ones). I had to servings of fries. I didn't even count how many points they were. Too many, I believe. I don't think I went over my points though. I guess that's my problem....I'm not keeping an accurate total on my points. That's hurting me, I'm sure. Hopefully I can do better with that this week.

Girls, let's make a committment to each other that we're all going to do our very best this week to stay on the wagon and hit it hard and heavy. Let's all have a good loss this week. Try like you've never tried before. Today's Monday...it's the day to make that committment. I promise to do my very best this week....to try like no other week. Anybody else wanna commit with me?? No goof ups....no slip ups...no cheating when no one else is looking (because we're not hurting anyone else but ourselves)....Just 100% on-track, on the wagon!! I challenge you all! Anyone up for the challenge??
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #290  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Just another quick drop in for me. I have not been feeling well. Wish it would affect my appetite but heck no that would not happen. Sat and Sun the scales were down to 218 but yesterday TOM showed up and they are back to 222 YUCK.

Well gotta get to work.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #291  
Diana

Boy, it IS quiet around here!!! I'm up 2-3 lbs today, for a total of only about 10-11 lbs lost total. I'm quite upset...although I don't know why...haven't stayed on track too well this week. And I was right about hubby...he wants me to weigh in anyway....even though I know there's a gain.

Hopin' for a better week this week.

Diana
Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #292  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Wow . . . quiet hardly begins to describe it . . . where is everybody hiding????

Hi to those of you who are here. . . LIZA, RHIANNON, ROBBIN, DIANA . . .

Hi to all of you who are not here . . . . . . we really miss you gang. Please come out and play with us. We need you. It feels like a big part of the family has gone missing.

My day has been a little crappy . . . Cats woke me up too early . . . then, since it is Pancake Day, I tried a pancake-like thinggee made with oatmeal, egg whites and applesauce (no flour). Can't say it was really awful, but I don't think I'll be making it again soon. Guess I just like my oatmeal in a bowl with some skim milk and cinnamon. OMG, I'm so boring. So then I had a little nap and then went out to do some groceries this afternoon. On the way home, a truck 'blessed' me with a flying rock and now I have a nasty little stone-chip in my windshield, just below my line of sight.

Anyway, everybody, I hope you have an absolutely great evening. Keep things moving and shaking. See you soon.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #293  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Linda, I tried a new pancake recipe that I loved. It was oatmeal, egg whites and cottage cheese, done up in a food processor, with a little Splenda, vanilla, and cinnamon. It was so good, I didn’t even miss my white flour. I simmered some sugar free syrup and blueberries on the stove and ate it with the pancakes. I love oatmeal in a bowl with skim milk, cinnamon and Splenda too. Are we boring?? Oh well.

Diana, Even if you weren’t on track this week, I don’t think you would have really gained 2 – 3 lbs. I’ll bet some of that is water weight and will be gone next weigh-in.

Hi Robbin, I am so glad to have gotten past TOM. It’s so discouraging to know that you’re on track and the scales aren’t reflecting it. But sometimes our bodies just take some time to catch up with what we are doing. Keep on track and the weight will come off.

Liza, I hope you are doing better. I had a cold three weeks ago and got off track with my exercise. I’m still struggling to get back on track. Hopefully this week will be better. I hope it is for you too.

Rhiannon, I hope you’re back on track. I used to have the same problem at work. I would get busy and forget to have a snack. By the time I got home I would be ravenous and could eat the plate itself. Nowdays, I never forget to eat…

I’ve had a good week, food wise. I had two 1800 calories days last week, but my weekly average was still around 1600. I keep hoping to see a drop in the scale, but I haven’t lately.

I had a weird incident on the stability ball this morning, trying something that I obviously wasn’t advanced enough for (thanks Denise Austen). I crashed to the floor and my back is hurting now. I’m going to take a muscle relaxer and pray that it quits hurting. I don’t want to screw up my exercise right not. My exercise commitment is too fragile at the moment for me to safely get off of my schedule.

I hope everyone has a great week. I am going to TRY to post more often. It is great support to read how everyone is doing and I need to be more supportive of everyone else.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #294  
Diana

Well, despite a day-long migraine (eating helps my migraines), I was only up 0.4 lb for the week at my weigh in tonight. Disappointing, but not as much so as I was expecting. So it was good news and bad news all at the same time. How stupid is that? LOL Anyway, I've determined that this week is going to be much better. We'll see.

Well, hubby is under the house (we're having insulation put in and he went under to check it out)....he's not answering me...which is a bad sign. Guess I should go check on him. Have a great rest of the week, everyone!
TTYL,
Diana
Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #295  
Mom of 4

Scales are back down to 221 this morning but I really want to see that 218 again. I just don't feel as committed as I once was. I really need to find that motivation again. I guess I am at that stage where I feel cocky because of how much I have lost and know I look way better than I did. Does that make sense?

I am sorry I havent been posting personals, but things have just been so busy for me here lately, it has to slow down soon or I am gonna run out of steam.

Better get to work, check back soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #296  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . .

Today was my WWI and most of what I lost last week is back again. Since I've been a good little doobee, I imagine it is just WWW and will be gone again soon. You know, I've gotten used to the realllllllly sloooooooow rate at which my body agrees to give up every little ounce, but that still doesn't mean that I like it.

Hi TAMMY . . . Okay, I'll have to try that kind of pancake. Sounds like a recipe I saw mentioned on the South Beach forum. A lot of people said good stuff about it. Wow, I hope your back is OK. Those balls do like to roll around don't they?

Hi ROBBIN . . . Remember it was the tortoise that won the race, girl. Yep, we do become a bit complacent, don't we. I know I'm not as strict with myself as I think I should be some times, either. We just have to keep doing our best.

Hi DIANA . . . Not as good as a loss would have felt, but aren't you glad you weighed in after all? If you hadn't, you would have figured on more of a gain and that would have been more of a downer. Hope everything is OK 'down under'.

Purrecious had her surgery first thing this morning and she is fine. Wow, she was more than a little upset first thing this morning when she got put into her carrier while the boys got to eat breakfast. Don't imagine she cares nearly as much right now. Tomorrow Mouse goes for his check-up and then on Friday, Jazz goes in for blood work. We just never get over having to drive our 'kids' around all the time . . . just now it's the fur-covered kids.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, girls. Keep on doing the good stuff and I'll see you soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #297  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick check in for tonight. Went to ww today and I gained everything I loss last week when I was sick. I expected it, since I wasn't eating when I was sick and now I'm back on program. Oh well, new week and I know I will have a loss next week.

Cheryl
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #298  

Tammy...Can you please post the pancake receipe. Sounds real yummy, and I love oatmeal.

Cheryl
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #299  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Diana, I'm not sure whether your news was good or bad. I guess if you were expecting it to be a bigger gain, it was good news. Stay on track and the scale WILL go down.

Hi Robbin, I recognize that cocky feeling that you're talking about. I have it too at times! Sometimes I feel so desperate to get to 199, just because I want to see it, and at other times, I think that I've come so far that it wouldn't hurt to take a little time off. I think about how much better I look and feel than before. I move back and forth between the two extremes every few days.

Linda, Glad to hear that your kitty made it through her surgery. You know that as long as your weight is moving down, you'll get to goal. Maybe not as quickly as you'd like, but you will get there.

Cheryl, Sorry about the weigh in, but you'll get back there for next week's . Here's the link for the pancake recipe. I loved it and it's a high protein low calorie recipe.

Well, I had an off plan meal, although I planned it, if that makes sense. It is DH and my anniversary - 18 years. DH made one of our favorite meals, and I ate it and enjoyed it. I ate too much though and have a tummy ache. I used to do that kind of thing all of the time. How did I stand it?? I'm only about 300 calories over my normal level, so I won't have any big reaction. I'm back on track with my exercise so far this week.

Have a great week girls.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #300  
Mom of 4

Well girls the scales are slowly coming back down from the TOM effect they were at 220 this morning. I just want to see those teens again so bad.

Linda – we got a new kitty over the weekend and she is so cute. Little girl, grey and white, the boys named her tiger. She is so feisty and fun.

Cheryl – I know how you feel with the gaining everything back. When I was sick I went down to 215 then when I started eating again I went back up to 220. Now if I can just get past the 20 and see the teens again.

Tammy – you have lost so much weight and seem to still be loosing, how many calories do you eat? I count my calories fat grams and carbs and seem to be stuck. I try to stick around 1450 calories 40 fat grams and 140 carbs per a day, do you think it is too much?

Better get to work.
Closed Thread