Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #196  

oooh i ache now, just did 30minutes on treadmill
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #197  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Just wanted to pop-in and quickly say HI . . . for some reason, I am in a very down mood today. Hopefully it won't last long.

See you all soon . . . keep things moving and shaking.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #198  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I swear I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Things have been crazy here. We got through the crazy weekend of buying a car and throwing a birthday party only to have every one of us sick all week. Ben was puking; Lauren has diarrhea, hubby has a double ear infection. Fortunately, I was only blessed with a mild head cold plus AF, so I could deal with all of them. I'm still struggling to keep up with classes this semester. Bonus for being sick though - I dropped 3 lbs last week. I'm trying to resist the urge to eat every bit of junk I can find right now though - I got some terrible news today. A good friend of mine, that's 41 weeks pregnant, lost her baby today. She's at the hospital now giving birth. I'm so sad for her and so worried too. Beyond the emotional stuff she's going through, she's got a heart condition and almost died when she had her first daughter. So if you could, send any and all good thoughts to her and her family.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #199  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! Wow, seems like we're a busy bunch! Sorry I again have been missing in action. I had a hugely busy weekend. Between helping my aunt and uncle, having my sister and her kit and kaboodle here and starting Alyssa in tap and ballet lessons. I've been hopping all over the place. I have an equally busy weekend coming up. I'm having a card making workshop on friday night and Alyssa has two birthday parties this weekend. To top it all off my husband decides that we maybe selling our house!! I have a realtor coming @ 3.30 to appraise ours. We've only been in this for 2years, we've customed built. Are we nuts?! LOL! Scales are being friendly again after last weeks disastorous moments I peaked 217 again and now today they're at 214.5. Oh Lord, lemme get to 212 and beyond this time!!

Well better go, gotta get our house presentable. I hope to get to personals soon!

TTFN!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #200  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, all. Well, I think I'm spiraling into discouragement. HELP! I have about a week til TOM and I'm hungry, hungry, hungry! Today (6pm) is WW weigh in. I was hoping for 2.2. I'll consider myself lucky to have reached a loss of 0.5 lb. It's getting harder and harder...I know, I sound like a whiney baby, huh? I had a loss first week of 6.6, then 1. If I have a 0.5 lb loss, I'll have a weekly average of 2.7. That's really, really good, I know. And maybe it's just a plateau...maybe it's TOM....probably it's lack of exercise. I don't have a specific work out schedule. I know I need one. That's the only way it'll work is to get my fat butt up and do something. I'm goin to do that right now. I've got a little bit before I have to leave to go get my son and while daughter's asleep. I know that won't help my weigh in today, though.

Anyway, I'm going to go exercise now. Maybe that'll help me feel better.

BBL!
Diana
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #201  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

My humour is definitely better than yesterday, but still not exactly 'up to snuff'. I'm sure it's just a left-over reaction to the anesthetic and will no doubt pass in another day or so. At least the weather has been sunny . . . although cold . . . so that helps my mood a bit.

Tomorrow is WWI for me and I'd be very surprised to see anything good pop up on the scale . . . but I'll just keep on plodding along and things will eventually go the way I want them to.

See you all again soon. Keep things moving and shaking, girls.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #202  
Diana

Just a quick not to say that I jogged in place, paced the floor in a semi-jog, did some jumping and just generally moving really good....I lasted all of 10 minutes (truthfully, I probably didn't last quite that long). Oh well, it burned a few extra calories that wouldn't have otherwise been burned and it made me feel all proactive for a few minutes. Maybe I'll do more later....maybe.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #203  
Diana

Okay, I think I've overposted today! lol Been a stressful one, but I'm glad to report a 1.4 loss for the week. I'll change my ticker tomorrow. Gotta run now...just had to share my good news!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #204  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi eveyone, Just a quick pop-in. What's with all of us? We are all so busy busy this week, me too.

Linda, I'm glad to see you posting again. I hope you're completely up to snuff by tomorrow. Sorry to hear about the upcoming hysterectomy.

Tina, Boy your husband doesn't do anything spur of the moment does he? It would take months for me to make a decision like sell the house.

Congrats to the losers since I last posted - Boy we have several with good weigh ins. Take care everyone and I hope to do more personals tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #205  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Nikel sorry to hear about your friend. I could not imagine having to go through that.

Diana Way to go on the exercise.

Linda glad to hear you are feeling better

Tammy busy here too, hope things are going well for you.

Tina hope everything goes good for you guys with your house.

Scales have gone back up to 220 even though I have stayed on track with food and exercise and I am just about to drown them in the bathtub.

Well gotta get to work. Check back later.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #206  
Onward and Downward

Another crappy week of the scales moving in the wrong direction. Oh well, sooner or later they will learn how to cooperate because I am really not doing the bad behaviour that the scales would tend to indicate. Sometimes things are just not fair.

Hope everybody else has a good day. Keep it moving and shaking gang. See you later.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #207  
Working on 'Project Me'

Good morning all! I figure it's about time I take some ME time and sit down and make a good honest post. Would you guys believe that our house has gone up $208,000!!?? Unfortunately you have to spend that much to buy another decent new one. So we'd basically swap houses and not pay down our mortgage. But that doesn't seem to deter my hubby. He likes the new house plan and frankly so do I. If I knew then what I know now I would had never built a 2 storey home. I guess you really do learn from your mistakes. I still don't know what road this will take us down, it would be extremely hard to move from here. This feels like my baby in a way because I watched it grow from a hole in a ground to a nice home. We shall see!

Diana, I feel for you girl. Last week TOM took me for a whirl spin, literally. I spun out of control and the worst thing I could have done was to not come here for support. Doesn't matter how often you post, just keep posting to help you get through your tough "hormonal" phase of TOM. Congrats on the loss by the way. You're really rockin' it!

Linda, I'm glad to know your feeling a little better. It'll take time to fully shake it off I'm sure but as long as your on the path to recovery is great to know. We'll keep plodding along together!

Tammy, great to see you! My hubby has dropped hints for the past year regarding our house and I thought then he was nuts to even think of it so soon. I mean it is nuts! LOL!

Robbin, a threat of scale-acide seemed to always work before. I'd say try it again and see if they treat you any better tomorrow! Hang in there girl!

Have a great day ladies! Keep strong and be powerful in your choices today!

TTFN!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #208  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I'm curious Tina - as the vast majority of family homes here are two storey homes, with flats generally occupied by singles and bungalows being chiefly reserved for the elderly and the disabled who can't manage stairs, what do you feel are the downsides of living in a two storey home?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 PM   #209  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone- sorry for not posting much. Sick kids, eating like crap hasn't made me a motivated poster!
Tina- aren't housing prices crazy?! Will you PM me and remind me where you are again? I think I have a friend moving to your town- or at least where I think your town is, lol.
I'll try to check in later~
Old 01-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #210  
Working on 'Project Me'

Robsia, I can certainly understand why you'd might be confused why I'd want to give up a two storey home, especially since I have a family. Here we have a variety of house plans other than bungalows and two storey. I'm not sure if you are familiar with a modified bi-level home, but that is what I'm interested in. When you walk into the front entrance you have 5-6 steps up to the main level or down to the basement. The basement is fully developed with bedrooms and a bath and a big family room. The main floor has kitchen, dining, living room, bathroom and two bedrooms. Off of the main floor you have another 5-6 steps to the master suite, which is over the attached garage, with ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet. I feel that this style of home is a better use of space. Nothing would be wrong with a two storey, I would just like to limit the steps and get a better use of a basement. Whereas now, we never use the basement..I don't like the darkness and coldness of it. The home we're looking at is a walk-out onto ground level right out to the back yard. I guess it is personal preference. Hope you can make sense of all that...didn't mean for it to get so long! LOL!
Closed Thread