Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies . . . we have another very mild, very rainy day -- it was already 10C(50F) at 6am. Lower back is feeling a lot better, but my neck and shoulder are complaining bitterly (probably slept funny). Hoping to get at least a quickie session with Buddy Ball today. I've been looking at Amazon.ca for a ball workout DVD and, of course, found so many that I'm very confused. Anybody have any suggestions for something at the "aged-beginner-couchpotato" level.

ERIN . . . You are probably right about measurements being a good idea, but, for me personally, I find them (well at least my so-called waist) even more depressing than the blipping scale- I'm sure it is tied up with the effect that my insulin injections have on my omentum fat, but my 45 lb loss has only netted me a 3" reduction in waist size and based on what I've read, most people would average 2 or 3 times that amount. I have lost a good 6" or more off my hips and we don't even want to discuss the poor, shrivelled up little boobies. I'm looking more like a beach-ball with legs all the time; must be why I'm having such a fun time with "Buddy".

TRACY . . . and . . . So sorry about your friend . . . This too will pass, and you will all be stronger for it. Look forward to seeing a lot less of you, more often from now on.

LOUIE . . . Yep, I definitely belong to the 'No Bra Brigade' too. However, I'm a nightgown kind-of girl; don't like anything around my non-waist if I can avoid it.

NICOLE . . . Never fear, your toddler will probably discover Crazy Frog before too much longer. Wow . . . I love that little laundry trick.

LIZA . . . Good going on the exercise, girl. BTW, do you have AMAZON in the UK? (No not the river; the book-seller)

Well, guess I'll be off about my business for now. Have a great moving and shaking day, gang. See you again really soon.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #47  

just popped back to edit what i said earlier cos i did some more exercise, so thats
x 10mins
situps x 150 (couldnt find a smilie for situps)
gonna try and do 10more minutes on treadmill this evening as im aiming for 20mins a day

for lunch my son had chips from kfc yummmmmm and i resisted the urge yay me..then after lunch he had some white chocolate and again i resisted yay me again

meowee, yes we have amazon.co.uk. whats a buddy ball?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Thanks for the info on Amazon . . . LIZA . . . and good work ignoring that white chocolate.

"Buddy Ball" is just the name I've given to my new exercise ball that I was talking about the last couple of posts.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #49  

ah, i havnt named mine heehee!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #50  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, just poking my head before I head out for the afternoon. Hubby wants to go out for lunch, fingers crossed for the choices! And Alyssa has a birthday party to attend afterwards. I will AVOID the cake! LOL! Scale gave in a measely 1/2lb. this morning, but at least it's in the right direction.

Have a great day! I'll be back for personals this evening!
TTFN!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #51  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals

I participated in some retail therapy today. I am actually a terrible shopper, in fact I can safely say that I really dislike shopping. But today I managed to drag my sorry butt into a store as I needed some weekend wear. I bought myself 3 pairs of pants and 3 shirts, so was pretty happy with that

Nicole ~ hope your son is feeling better today, or did you have another marathon movie day ??

Liza ~ good job on getting your workout in and staying away from the fries and chocolate

Linda ~ did you get your session in today with buddy ? Sorry can't help you out with any video suggestions; however, did you try the exercise posts ?

Tina ~ how nice, lunch out with hubby and a downward movement on the scale wHOOhOOO !! Hope you had a good day and didn't give into the cake

Hope you are all having an enjoyable weekend.. TTYS
Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #52  

Hi Gals...Just a quick pop-in for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow to do personals. I was gone all day yesterday and today, so I just want to put my feet up and relax tonight. Still doing good with eating dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Most people would think it's a bit crazy, but I'm eating the heavyest meal first and have all day to work it off.

Have a great evening.

cheryl
Old 01-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #53  

morning gals!!

meowee, i got the reebok ball workout dvd but couldnt do most of what was on the workout, i just use it for situps now or to sit on while i use weights

cheryl, how confusing having breakfast and dinner the wrong way round, do you work nights?

louie, i hate shopping, once your in plus size clothing then shopping for new clothes is just no fun.

tina, hope you avoided the cake and well done on the 1/2 lb!!

off to get my workout done, didnt manage to do my other 10mins yesterday but will def do 20 today. be easier if i could do 20mins in one go but im still having to do it in 2x10 min workouts. oh well start slowly and ill get there in the end just have to build that fitness up again.

have a good day y'all xxx
Old 01-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #54  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yay - just a quickie to say - first week gone and I'm down 4 lbs! LOL - it's exactly where I was last year when I first started. I lost 4 lbs that first week too!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #55  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Default Rain Rain Go Away !!

Yikes, I think it is time to start building an arc !! It has been raining hard all night and although it is just about 8:00 here it is still relatively dark out. Hmmmm me thinks I need to find a good book and curl up on the couch with the dog for the day

Robsia ~ congrats on the 4 lbs, that has gotta make ya feel great

Liza ~ you are doing so well with your workouts..keep up the good work

Time for me to go shake the cobwebs out and make me a Hope you all have a restful Sunday
Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #56  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, sorry I didn't get to do personals lastnight. I dived into a bunch of filing that has been neglected for far too long! I tell ya, there's no job a wife and mother doesn't have to do huh?! LOL! Todays is hubbys only full day off from work, so it's gonna be hard to get back here for personals. I promise tomorrow!

Hope you had a great weekend!
TTFN!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #57  

quick question. is doing x 300 per day burning any calories??
Old 01-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #58  

hey guess how much treadmill iv done today....5mins...pathetic aint it
weigh in day tomorow you'd think id be trying to burn as much as possible today but noooo this lazy butt just cant do anymore today
Old 01-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, gang . . .

Been having one of those days . . . you know what I mean . . . the kind that just seem to disappear in the wink of an eye. Still don't seem to have any time to stick around here, but I wanted to drop in with a quick HI for everybody.

Have a great evening doing whatever it is you are going to be doing. See you soon.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 AM   #60  

its weigh in day! im down 4lbs!!
Closed Thread