Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #16  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister, but she's a size 8 so it'll never happen!!
Wow - it's a whole year since I posted this in the introductions thread. Since then I have lost 67 pounds and my sister has put on about 30.

We are now wearing the same size clothes but she's about 5 inches smaller than me so she looks bigger on it. So I actually looked better than her this Christmas for the very first time ever in my whole entire life!!!

Is it rotten to be a tiny bit pleased about this?

Welcome to Jordan! You've done really well so far - is that since September?

Louie - thanks for that story, I think I may have heard it before but it was ages ago and it's always worth repeating.

Tina - you are hot now girl! Bet your hubbie can't believe his luck!

I only lost a tiny bit this morning, 0.2, but I did my exercise DVD last night, having done it the night before, and boy could I feel it!! I think I should have a day off in between - but I was feeling all virtuous! Still, it shows it's working when your muscles ache.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . the sun is shining, but it's cold enough to freeze the hair off a frog . . . however, they are saying much warmer for tomorrow . . . which probably means more rain . . . guess I'd better get out there and enjoy it while I can.

LOUIE . . . . . . So glad to see you. Truer words were never spoken --- we all need to be reminded once in awhile --- "don't sweat the small stuff".

TINA . . . . . . Right you are, girl. Success, be it big or small, is definitely tastier than any chocolate ever produced.

ROBSIA . . . . . . Love your 'evil motivation' and boy did it ever work out. Hope your success motivates your sister toward better stuff, too.

Okay, chickies, keep it moving and shaking today. Here's some to help us all keep moving in the right downward direction. See you soon.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #18  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Ok ladies I know I need to do personals and I am really sorry that I haven't for so long. But I am not able to fit them in right now either. I will try my hardest to get back here on my lunch today to get them in.

My scales are down 1 pound to 221 this morning so maybe it won't be long till I am back at ticker weight. I stayed on plan yesterday with eating but never did fit in the exercise I know I need to do. So far today I am on plan and had my oatmeal for breakfast, I brought an orange for a snack and low fat low car egg rolls for lunch. Haven't thought about dinner yet but will figure it out later.

Better get clocked into work. Check back later.

Oh by the way, All of you need to remember....I Love Ya.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #19  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

over the holidays, i eat whateva and partied a lot, but i only gained one pound and lost an inch!!!! weight loss is by the far strangest thing, i was totally off plan, but still lost. now that i'm back to work, i'll start obsessing over everything i eat again and probably gain weight! it's so weird!!!! even though i'm a lil late i want to wish all of you a happy new year, may we all achieve our weight loss goals in 2007!!! luv ya, ladies!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #20  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good morning ladies! And what a fine morning it is! I steered clear of all temptations lastnight and boy was it worth it! I gotta say yesterday was really the first day of completely being back on plan and it showed, scales were at 215! So do I count the actual holiday gain as 3lbs?? Because I know what the scale was showing was a lot of water retention and considering how much I pee'd yesterday I'm thinking I'm safe in saying 3lbs. is actual gainage....I know...I know...I'm muttering..but I got keep coming up with what makes me feel better right?! LOL!

Robsia, you're too kind with your flattery. Although, hubby seems to be a little more touchy feely since losing some weight. I bet your SO isn't turning his nose at you either!! You know this may sound a little harsh, but....YAY! You beat out your sister. Now back to reality...I hope that she is motivated to get healthy by watching you. I only cheer because I am in the same situation as yourself. I am the biggest sibling and I've always felt bad for it. My sister is only 5ft. so she may only weigh 170-180 but she is bigger than me circumference wise and secretly it feels good! LOL!

Linda, hahaha! Love the freezing the hair off of a frog! We're at a +2, and the sun is glorious. Hope you get a little warmer.

Robbin, keep sticking to plan and you'll be getting some great new numbers soon! Congrats on getting the scale down one pound. It's a step back in the right direction!

Jus, okay...let us in on your secret girl! LOL! Congrats to you! Here's to sticking butts back on the grind stone!

Have a great day girls! I've got some errands to run!

TTFN!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #21  

Evening Ladies...First a GREAT BIG to Colleen and Jordan! Sounds like you ladies are on the right track. congrats to you both for your losses.

No time for personals tonight, since I had a really busy day and was gone most of it. It was weigh-in day at Weight Watchers, and by their scales, I was down 6 lbs. Totally excited about that, since I made a promise to get back on program the day after christmas and it payed off big time. My ticker is correct, so I still have 8 lbs to go to get back to what I weighed before going on vacation last July.

Have any of you ladies read the new "People" magazine that is out about the people that lost half their size. If you get a chance, grab it! Also has the Biggest Looser" in it. Lots of information on how each of them lost their weight and the food plans they followed.

Linda...I didn't know frogs have hair...LOL...I'll have to remember that saying the next time we are below O. Today we had a record high of 47, and it started melting all that snow. Tomorrow morning we will probably be an ice skating rink for those that have to drive to work. Good day to stay home and quilt.

Have a great evening and don't give in to the cravings. Swim suit weather is only 5 months away.

Cheryl
Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #22  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hola Chicks

It's nice to be back in the swing of these. I certainly got way off track the past few months, but I am determined that 2007 will be a successful year for me. I am taking some time to come up with a good eating plan and I am on the hunt for the perfect lunch kit

I know that seems kinda crazy but I figure if I am going to pack a lunch everyday then I'm gonna do it in style. I was actually looking at this one whatchathink?? The thing I like about it is that it is portion controlled.

Tina - thanks for the welcome back. Your recent picture is gorgeous..definately a noticeable change over the past year.

Robsia - funny what we can accomplish when we put our mind to it. Great job on the recent loss !!

Linda - seems all of Canada is experiencing some rather wierd weather trends. We have been having some horrible wind storms lately.

Robbin - congrats on the 1 lb !! Your meals for the day sound yummy.

Jus - you must be doing something right, keep up the good work !

Well I am just in from work, so I better go figure out something for dinner. Take care and TTYS
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #23  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Well I'm back at work, so not as much free time to post. I just wanted to drop in and say hello (and get subscribed to the new thread so I can keep up with it better) .

Tina, I love the new photo. You're gorgeous already. Just imagine how you'll look when you get to goal this year.

Louie, I love the story. I'm saving it to read again. Sometimes I think I have too much sand in my life. I like that lunch kit. Does it all stack inside the canister?

Jus, Great job on losing. Isn't it funny how it happens when we don't expect it.

Cheryl, Woohoo on losing the four lbs. Sounds like you had a cold wet new years.

Robbin, I know you'll drop those holiday pounds soon. Just keep your head up and keep working on it.

Coleen
and Jordan, Welcome to you both. These ladies are great support. Keep posting.

Linda, I'm glad your theory about weight quickly put on, coming off quickly also. It's a relief to get back down to ticker weight, even though I was only there for a day before the ticker went back to 217 .

Robsia, hehehe for your evil motivation. We won't tell her that you're secretly enjoying being smaller than her. For the first time in a good many Christmases, I'm smaller than my sis too. She had gastric bypass surgery in 2005, but isn't being very careful about what she eats anymore. I want her to get back on track, but I'm secretly enjoying weighing less and being smaller. I wish I could pull her back on track, but no one else can do that. She'll have to be ready on her own.

I've been back on track this week. I'm hoping to see a shift in the scale in the morning, but as we all know, the scale had a mind of its own. I can't remember if I reported this in the old thread or not, and I've got to get to bed and don't have time to double check, so please forgive me if it's a repeat. I went shopping over the weekend and discovered that I'm out of the women's sizes now. I can wear a 16 in the misses section in bottoms and a 14/16 in tops. I was so excited as it has been many years since I could say that.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #24  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Hi. I posted here and after my ds switching shifts (twice!), moving, and going back to school, I just never found the time.

Here's a little info about me. My name is Nicole, and I just turned 27 a few weeks ago. I'm a SAHM (Ben is 3, and Lauren will be 2 in two weeks) and a full-time college student. After I had my ds, I was back in my pre-preg clothes by 1 week. After my dd, it just never happened. I'm at my heaviest weight ever, 232. I think my goal is 150ish. I'm just going to play it by ear. If I remember correctly, I was around 130 and a size 3 when I graduated high school. That's a bit thinner than I like for me, so I'm going to around a 6 or 8.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #25  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Default Glad to be here once again!

Howdy ladies, glad to be back amongst such a wonderful group of ladies and how awesome there are already too many posts to read in a quick glance this morning!!

A great big to all the new the new names I have seen as I have scrolled through this morning. I am putting in the "what i lost in 06 list" again so that i can remind myself what i did accomplish.

WHAT WE LOST IN 2006
Robsia - 67 lbs
Tammy - 87 lbs
Linda - 45 lbs
Emily - 32 lbs
Cheryl - 37 lbs
Tina - 57 lbs
Robbin - 61 lbs
Erin - 55lbs

There was actually a time that the number was 60 pounds but going by what i weighed on 1/1/07 that would be the most accurate. Now if we count all the actual ups and downs through that year it was probably 75 but lets just go with overall net loss!!!

Ladies i have to admit my year has not started well. I had two of my paitents pass away over the weekend and also we had a good friend of ours from church die very suddenly Saturday morning. He was only 44 years old had been married to the love of his life for only 2 years. They were the most awesome couple you would ever want to meet and were truly the example we all need of what christian love can do for a marriage. Their faith was strong and real (they were active bikers and involved in biker minisitry). They constantly loved on each other verbally and physically and it was a pleasure to be around them. The wife's son was injured in a 4 wheeler wreck 6 weeks prior to this and was partially paralyzed (originally told he would never walk again but is now doing it, slowly but doing it). So her faith had already been completely rocked and she was really struggling, so we all worried what the death of the love of her life would do to her. I watched her lay on the floor snuggled to his cold dead body and just say over and over "I am sorry" and ask why God, why. I thought how will she ever survive this. But let me tell you from Saturday about 9am when he died to sunday morning she found her peace with God and his plan for her life and she is already full of joy for the 2 years she had with him and the witness this opportunity is bringing her.

Okay sorry off on a tangent here but point being ladies, life is here and now and you never know when you may find it over in the blink of an eye, so truly live like today is your last, love God, love your family and love yourself enough to make the best of each day we are given. Most importantly love God, with all your heart, soul, mind and body!

Okay sorry for the preaching but after the experiences i have been through this last 5 days i feel compelled!

So I am moving forward with this weight loss thing and going to make the most of each day and not expect perfection. I will know that each struggle, plateau, and loss are part of a greater plan to bring glory where it is truly deserved!

Okay okay if i keep going here ya'll are going to boot me to the religion thread! I really am lighthearted and fun, promise!

Anyway, i do have to run for now but will try to get back soon and get some personals in. Again a huge welcome to all the new faces and glad to see so many of the old gang here too!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #26  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Thursday!

Hey there girlies!

Having a pretty good day so far. Got my exercise under my belt and a good start on the water. Had 1/2cup yogurt, banana and cup of milk for breakfast. Lean ham and tomato sandwich on 12 grain, cup of grapes and of course a bottomless cup of water for lunch. And going to make a A-lo Fat Hawaiin pizza for dinner, intend on having two slices with a side salad. I think that should be pretty good. I tell ya, there's nothing like planning meals ahead to help keep you in line.

Cheryl, wow! You sure are rockin'! It's so exciting! Keep it up and you'll be constantly changing that ticker lower and lower. Your so motivating right now.

Louie, love the attitude! 2007 will be your year, and mine, and ours!! I like the new lunch kit, especially how the containers as you say are portioned controlled and stack inside the kit. Really cool...you deserve it!

Hey Tammy! I can't wait to make my dreams a reality. I'm looking forward to meeting goal right along with you! Do you have any before and during pics you'd like to share? I mean you have the greatest success of us all, so inspirational! Congrats on the new clothing size...it makes it all worth it doesn't it!

Welcome back Nicole! Looking forward to seeing less of you more often! hehe! Make yourself at home and realize you can do this!! Woo Hooo!

Erin, wow...is all I can say about your post. How revitalizing! I know it sure put things into perspective for me. Live each day as best as you can and make choices that'll benefit you in the long run. Don't sweat the small stuff and be happy in the moment. You just never know what life holds for you around the corner. So sorry for all losses you've had recently, it's gotta be so tough.

Have a great day ladies!!
TTFN!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #27  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi Gang . . . I've had a strange, but fun day . . .

First of all . . . I took Cod Liver Oil for the first time in about 58 years. I have to tell you the story . . . a couple of days ago when I was complaining about the damp weather and my arthritis aches, a girl on another forum mentioned that she takes CLO and finds it really helps.

After I got finished gagging . . . I wrote back and told her this story . . . I was a strange child (guess I'm still strange, but that's beside the point) in that I really liked Cod Liver Oil when I was about 5 . . . I liked it so much that my Mother used to hide the bottle so I wouldn't see it and bug her to give me more. Anyway, you guessed it, I found it one day and drank everything that was left in the bottle. Luckily, no serious or long-lasting problems . . . but do I need to tell you that the mere thought of CLO makes me queasy to this day.

Anyway, I decided it was time I got over this silliness so off I went to buy some of the terrifying stuff . . . ended up getting CLO capsules because I just could not face the smell of the liquid (they are the size of gumballs ). Now, we'll just have to see if it does anything for the arthritis pain, but at least I conquered an almost 60-year demon ,.

Second event today . . . well it started yesterday when I bought myself one of those big gym balls. It came with a stability ring and a set of tension bands that you attach to the stability ring so you can do stretches while seated on the ball.

My girlfriend came over for coffee as I was starting to inflate this 'animal' this morning. After we stopped laughing about all the exercise I was getting just pumping this thing up, we then took turns bouncing on it to my CrazyFrog video. After about an hour of getting more and more silly (don't forget we're both in our sixties), we finally had to go out and buy one for her to have at home too. Anyway -- bet we will both be sore tomorrow. She also had to buy the Crazy Frog video. By the time we finished running all over town, the day was pretty much over.

Just to top it all off, my eating has been good today, so far, too. However, I have no idea what I want for dinner because I never got around to making any plans. Guess I could call and ask LouLou what they are having, but she's probably too busy blowing up her ball.

So that was my day . . . Hope everyone of you has had a day full of good stuff and a little fun.

ERIN . . . Sounds like you've had some good stuff, although we certainly can't call it fun. Definately shows that things do happen for reason though . . . even if we do not know what it might be at the time. Glad your friend is coping so well.

NICOLE . . . a great big welcoming for you. Hope you will like it here. We are crazy (at least I am) . . . but very supportive of each other.

TAMMY . . . Yes you did tell us about that wonderful size discovery already . . . but not to worry, good news is always worth repeating. and isn't it wonderful how the little foibles of the scale- don't seem nearly as terrifying after you've been on this journey for a while.

TINA . . . Glad your day is going well, too. You are so right about pre-planning being a wonderful thing to help keep you on track . . . unfortunately, I'm not great at it.

Oh my goodness, I've posted a novel. Sorry to keep bending your ears like that. Keep things moving and shaking, gang. If we do the best we can, we will be rewarded. See you soon.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #28  

Hi Gang!

Robsia...Hehehe. There is "evil motivation" in all of us. I can't wait to be smaller than my two sisters. How sweet the moment for you to savor.

Louie...Thanks for the "don't sweat the small stuff". I'm going to pass it on to a few friends. Pretty nice container to pack your lunch in. I wouldn't mind one.

Tammy...Size 16, how wonderful!!! Bet you can't wait to get into a 14. We had wet snow for New Years, but it wasn't cold. We were out at midnight shooting off fireworks.

Nicole...Welcome back! The more the merrier!!

Erin...So sorry for your losses this week. You are right, we need to cherish each day we have, and the people we share it with.

Tina...WOW! You are off to a good start with your meals planned for the day. How was your low fat pizza? Sounds yummy!

Linda...You brave woman. I took castor oil mixed with orange juice to help my labor along. Don't know if they are the same, but it was gross!! Never again!!! Hope it helps your arthritist.

Well ladies, I decided to try something different. Had 5 oz baked chicken breast, 1 c green beans and 3 oz baked potato with 1 TB ff ranch dressing for breakfast. Lunch was a LC pizza, raw broccoli and mushroom, 1/2 c grapes and 2 TB ff ranch dressing. Dinner was 1 c oatmeal, 1 c cantalope/strawberries and ff yogurt. It has really helped keep my cravings down. I'm anxious to see how many pounds I drop following this for a week. Tomorrow morning, I'm having 1 c whole wheat pasta with 1/2 c sauce and a small toss salad with ff ranch dressing. YUM!

Have a great night.

cheryl
Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #29  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Ladies

Tammy - yes, all those little containers have lids and fit into the bigger container.. now to see if I can find a location in Canada that sells them !
Congrats on the change in sizes.. that is awesome and you must feel so good about yourself.

Nicole - nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you.

Erin - glad to have you back and thanks for sharing One of my best friends passed away in October at the age of 42..it definately made me appreciate every day so much more.

Tina - I think you are on to something there.. I think I definately need to start planning my meals a day ahead.

Linda - Don't know that I have ever tried COL, but if I have to I think I will go for the pill version Sounds like you and your GF had a great time !! and I have to ask.. what is the crazy frog video

Cheryl - and interesting day of meals... I know there are no rules about what you eat at what time of the day, but I don't think I have ever thought about eating chicken, green beans and potatoes at breakfast. Let us know how it turns out on the scales.

Today is my friday.. I have the day off tomorrow..YAHOO ! Not sure what I will, although I do need to crack the books for at least a few hours.

Well I best skedaddle.. take care and TTYS
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #30  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Louie, I thought I was the only person who didn't know what crazy frog was. I"m still not sure, although my kids have tried to explain it. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Cheryl, castor oil and orange juice?? Eeeww, that sounds nasty. Did you see this week's People magazine? It was the issue spotlighting people who have lost half of their body weight. One of the "losers" did it the way you ate today. "Dinner" foods in the morning, breakfast foods at night. I think I read that she was writing (or maybe had already written) a book called "The Reverse Diet".

Linda, You've conquered your cod liver oil demons today, huh . I can't even stand the smell of the capsules - at least the ones I remember from years ago, have they changed at all? You must have burnt loads of calories bouncing around on the exercise ball. Just curious - did you ever find out anything about HFCS labeling in Canada?

Hey Tina, Hawaiin pizza sounds delish. How did it turn out?

I've looked before and I can't find any full length before photos. I've posted a couple of before photos from the face up. Here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87064. I was soooo good at hiding from the camera. I wish it were different now of course, but I can't help it. Okay, I'm also posting a new picture of me DH took for me today just for you. The pants are too big, but until they start falling off, I keep wearing them.

JANUARY 2006 011.jpg

Oh Erin, I'm so sorry for the tragedies that have occured to your friend. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her dealing with her son's injury and her husband's death. I hope she continues to have peace about her time with her husband.

Nicole, Welcome. I hope you post frequently.

Well guys, I stayed on plan today with my food, but I didn't exercise this morning. So there goes one of my two days off this week. I've got to get to bed early enough tonight to feel like getting up.

Take care!
Closed Thread