Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-19-2004, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/20 -9/26

img]http://members.aol.com/eldemila/sb_sign4.jpg[/img]

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46876

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Last edited by Ellen; 09-19-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #2  

Good Morning! Its Monday and time for some motivation! How about if everyone shares something that they have found works really well for them? Here are a few examples:

When I decorate cakes, to keep my fingers out of the icing, I find chewing gum really helps.

Keeping 70% chocolate on hand helps me to not rationalize eating something sweet. I can tell myself I would rather have chocolate than a high sugar and fat dessert.

Not buying products that are not legal, even for the rest of the family is a good safeguard for me. If they are not in the house, I don't eat them!

Anyone have any ideas to share?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:05 AM   #3  

I came home from the retreat to a messy house. I am going to spend some time today trying to get a few areas cleaned up. It often takes going away for a day or two to really see how cluttered the house has become. I also have to take my car down to get the parking brake finally fixed. I am going to call they first and make sure they have the right part.

I think I caught a cold over the weekend. Not sure how, but there were a number of ladies battling colds and we were all rather huggy and all. I hope it doesn't get too bad, since I hate having a cold.

I will be back later. I hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week! Lets all make this a week of being on program...and lets do it because we are fearfully and wonderfully made...

We deserve to be treated right. by ourselves, too.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  
Goddess

Thumbs up Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

It's a gorgeous day here in East Central Alabama! The humidity will be low and the temps will hint of fall. Ubfortunately--the air also hints of allergy season. I forgot to take my Claritin yesterday so woke up sneezing this morning.

Monday Motivation:

Back when I was really off sugar I had no problems with fall and spring allergies. It is no secret the refiend sugar is bad for our bodies in many ways. I am fully convinced that my immune system is stronger if I'm not putting refined sugar into my body! Yours probably will be too. Of course we've had a tropical storm and a hurricane in the last two weeks to stir things up--so this may be an unusual year, but I've also been less diligent about avoiding sugar and my body can tell the difference!

Monet--I'm glad that you had a good retreat! I was hoping you were getting some of this nice weather!

BigK--Welcome back!!!! It's so good to hear from you! So tell us what's been going on. Moving? Happy? Come-on girl--SPILL!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:22 AM   #5  

Good Monday morning...

What a nice cool morning here and I had to use the comforter this morning. I love this weather! Jess is in my room now with her own swimming pool creation, (She flipped her kiddy table over to make a swimming pool...lol) complete with her swimsuit on and beach towel...lol. Well, since we didn't make it to the beach this yesterday, a "pretend" swimming pool might not be such a bad idea...lol.

Jess requested for her pancakes so I made them for breakfast today. I also made some cheesy scrambled eggs. Yum! She already requested her menu for breakfast tomorrow... cereals and milk...lol. What a little piglet she is

Dh is off today so we will be doing some grocery shopping and some other errands later. Will most likely check in later in the evening. Okay, what works for me? First, I have to agree, out of sight, out of mind. I find that if I have strong cravings for something, I will try to find a healthier substitute. If I can't (say like pizza..lol), I will probably satisfied my cravings. I am not afraid of eating illegal food once in a while only if I know I can portion controlled it. So far, I am doing okay in that department. Like pizza, I might eat 1 piece (bigger piece of 2 smaller pieces) with salads to fill me up. Usually, once my cravings are satisfied, I don't care for pizza for a while. I would much prefer a planned cheat than a cheat resulted from holding back until I burst, which the results will be much worst...lol. It is like if I am starving, I will eat anything in sight and it is harder to stop with just a small portion. That will definitely more damaging to me. Menu planning is definitely the key for me. It helps me to stay on track with my eating, especially creating balance meals, a scheduled meal time which will most likely keep my tummy happy and overall more organized.

Some replies :

BIGKNIGHTS : Welcome back! I will look forward to chat with you.

MONET : Thanks for setting up the board again and the great tips. Glad you had a great time at the retreat. Nothing like a bunch of women hanging out together and getting to know one another. I love that. I hope your cold will be over with, quick and easy.

FILLISE : It is a beautiful sunny day here at south of Atlanta as well. It was slightly cool this morning and I had to hide myself behind a comforter. Thanks for the Monday motivation. Dh has allergies and it was trying to "treat" himself with natural ways like taking lotsa vitamins C, cut out meat etc but the only thing that he didn't do was cut out the sugar. Infact, he has increased his sugar consumption as he drank a lot of orange juice and other juices which were loaded with sugar!! I have casually pointed out that to him but he didn't believe me. Well...I just have to let him come to the conclusion himself. He also wondered why he put on weight as well

Alright, that's from me now. Hope you all have a great day!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #6  

Woo Hoo!! We have 113 posts here last week. Not bad at all!!! Hopefully this week will be as good as last week! Dh is off from Thursday till Monday but I will try to be here whenever I can and make it happen. What say you??

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. Its a beautiful day here to in the Ozarks. I love the turning of the seasons. We have explosions of acorns hitting our mobile tin roof. Plus our old Boston Terrier loves to bring them in a eat them all over the livingroom rug. So guess he loves this time of year too. It will soon be time for me to start walking outside again. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe it will help me to get motivated. A big help to me also Monet is not to have stuff to cheat on in the house. If its there and I'm weak I'll eat it. And also to have some legal snacking stuff. Like peanuts and fruit.

BigKnightMomma- Its so good to see you posting again. I to had to start over and am still having problems but I'm trying so hard to keep on the board. Good luck to you......

Kengjw- Congrads on the posts. I love reading what you write. I wish I could do controlled cheating but once I cheat I can't seem to stop. Your little girl sounds so sweet.

Fillise- Know what you mean about the allergies. I'm having a real problem with them right now. And I don't usally. Theres something strange out in that air!!

Monet- Hope you don't come down with a cold. I've got to do some work around here today to. I let it go over the week end and now have a ton of laundry. Its so good of you to start the board...

Well guess I'll go and get busy with the house. Will try to check in later....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #8  

Good Monday Morning!

It is nice and overcast here in Texas. Feels really nice....50% chance for rain today..and we need it.

Kengjw--I agree totally! Menu planning is the best thing. My mother-in-law had been telling me this for years..but I just couldn't get it together. But now that I have started it makes everything SO much easier. Like last night I boiled a chicken and made my rice in the steamer. So dinner tonight will be chicken and rice soup. I also made enough extra rice for a casserole on Wednesday. I think rice will stay good in the fridge for a couple days....hope at least

Another thing that I find helps (probably just common sense but ... ) is to not sit down. In the evenings are my worst snack times..so I just make sure and have plenty to do so I can't sit in front of the TV.

I too try to plan my cheat times. On Friday's a large group from work all walk over to the Chinese restaurant. I join in a couple times a month..knowing full well that I am not going to stay on plan...but I do cut the rice. But that General Tso's has a lot of sugar. I tried getting less sugary stuff before...but just not the same. I have just decided that is my treat...and I'm going to enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
laurenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

It was a busy weekend with birthday parties and others. Feeling about the same. My feet have gone down quite a bit but not all the way. trying to keep them above my heart and taking the water pills and trying to drink lots of water. My stomach has been upset all weekend. Don't know what's up with that. Hoping a miracle comes by tomorrow and I feel all back to normal. we leave for the airport around 3:00. I'm not looking forward to the long flight (10 hours). we will be back on the 1st, so I will be back on the board and ready to go on Monday.

I think my motivation is being prepared. Planning ahead (meals included) really helps me. If I know I'm going somewhere I take my bread or something else with me.

Monet, glad you had a great retreat. Sorry you have a cold.

BigK, so glad you are back with us. We have missed you.

Toni, don't you just love this time of year.

Ken, Great imagine Jess has. A lot less messy too.

Susan, Sorry your allergies are wacko. this time of year is bad and I'm sure all the weather has not helped. How about those Tigers. I was shocked to see they beat LSU. Sorry Missy.

Bob and Gator. What a game! I hate when they are decided by a fight. I thought sure the Gators would win.

Lauren, I know what you mean about sitting down. Keeping busy keeps your mind off food.

Missy, what happened to LSU? I was shocked.

Country, have a great week.

Deb, wish you were back with us.

Rosalie, Melf, and anyone else I have missed,

May not get back today before I leave. I have lots of things to wrap up here. Don't want to come in tomorrow unless it is absolutely necessary.
Talk to you all on Oct 4th.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:32 PM   #10  
Little Engine That Could

Good morning from central Florida, where it is overcast, slightly humid, raining off and on, and cool for Florida this time of year.

I did get my walk in this morning, before the rain. So far, 7317 steps. If I can double that on this rainy day, I will be happy.

Today's motivation--what works for me. Hmmm.
For exercise, which I don't really love to do, wearing the pedometer and having a goal for steps has helped enormously. I hated to walk, but now, with a goal, and a way to measure my success, it's not too bad at all.
Keeping a food journal worked well for me in the past, but I finally got tired of the routine of writing everything down. Thin people don't write their food intake down, do they? Maybe that's why I'm not thin, and why I need to write in a journal.

Lauren's suggestion of keeping busy probably is the #1 thing that works the best for me. If I'm totally busy with little time to "get bored", then I almost don't have time to eat.

Here's a question. My worst time for going off plan is when I'm grocery shopping. I almost bought a doughnut at the Publix bakery yesterday when I was shopping for dinner. (our freezer was bare) There was a man in front of me who kept ordering and ordering, so I stepped out of line and kept shopping elsewhere. I even had a grocery list. I thought of Julia and that was just the little incentive for me to say, "OK, this is crazy. Although I'd love a doughnut, I don't want to report to Julia." LOL. Anyway, my question is: what works for you for not "failing" when you go to the grocery store? I normally go in the afternoon, because of my schedule.

Here's something I read in today's paper: an interview with a nurse that has lost some weight and is aiming for 35 more pounds off. "My portion control has been way, way off. . . . I keep the Lean Cuisine containers and look at what you can put into those. If I'm going to have a piece of chicken, vegetable and potato (she wasn't on SB), it's got to fit in there."
and more . . ."There are no quick fixes, no workouts-until-you-puke that will get the weight off. You just have to slowly make those changes, and exercise with an activity that you like . . ."
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Oh, I forgot to add that I lost one pound last week. That was eating really well, except for one day when I had some cookies and ice cream. And doing a ton of walking (5-6 miles almost every day). And working out with weights. And taking my thyroid meds. Boy! do I lose slowly. Anyway, I'm not complaining about one pound and I'm happy I lost it. I'm at 170 and have 50 pounds to lose.

Wow, it's pouring outside right now. Hope I can get more walking in. I hate to walk on the TM, but may have to when I go over to work out.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #12  

Good Monday to you all:

Britt had early dismissal today (parent/teacher conferences). She did end up going to her party on Friday night and had a blast. She even ate pizza, cake & ice cream. She kept all her food down on Friday during the day too. It was very strange....she threw up that one time and never again, and none of us caught 'it'. Maybe she got into something. I'm just glad it all worked out for her. She has been invited to a bowling birthday party for this Sat. Gheez, I hope that's it for awhile.

I got 18,894 steps in on Friday, and an all-time high on Saturday = 25,925. I got up early and went to the gym and got a good workout in (40 minutes cardio, plus my other workout), I then went to some garage sales, grocery shopping, cleaned house, did laundry, took kids out in wagon....). I didn't sit down until after dinner. I am only up to a measly 5,891 today, but it is that TOM, and I don't have too much motivation to walk.

I did get up at 5 a.m. and did my Slim in 6 tape. Monday's are gym days, but Britt got out of school early, so I knew I wouldn't be going. I will probably go to the gym tomorrow.

We got a ton of rain from the hurricane (the one that went through Mexico). We have a wash by our house that was running like a raging river. We couldn't leave our house yesterday afternoon. It rained, pretty much non-stop from Saturday afternoon until Sunday evening. We desperately needed it though and it brought down our temps. It is a nice cool day here, and great timing since Fall is a few days away.

I scheduled my tubal litigation for October 22nd. It sounds as if it is not too much of a big deal. I am so sick of trying to talk my DH into having the other done; he is extremely hard-headed about it.

Hmmmmm.....I guess that is about all at this end. My eating has been fair, but not 100% legal. I have to make a commitment to get back on track with the holidays around the corner; I've gotta approach them with the right mindset.

Teensy: Glad your back in starting to feel better. I would request that any tests that can be done..be done. You don't know where you could be the next time something like that can happen. Did they do an MRI?

Ken: Sorry you had to miss your vacation, but it probably wouldn't have been much of a vacation, eh? Enjoy the day with DH, and enjoy your beautiful weather.

Gator: Glad your speech is over; it sounds as if you have done well. I am sure that some of your "fat" has been turned to muscle with all the walking you've been doing, and training too. Congrats on the 1# loss. You are ahead of me on steps so far today.

BigKnight: Welcome back. I hope you are able to get back on track soon.

Monet: Welcome home; glad you enjoyed yourself at the retreat. Good job on those steps Saturday. Thanks again for starting the board. I hope the cold doesn't turn into anything too bad.

Fillise: I totally agress about the sugar suppressing the immune system; it's actually a known fact. When my girls had their colds a few weeks ago (lasted them 3-5 days)...I got it and was over it in one day. When your body isn't having to break down those sugars, it can work on keeping your immune system healthy and strong. We all have to remember that heading into this time of the year.

Toni: I, too, love Fall. We made some caramel apples over the weekend. I can't wait for the pumpkin festival next month. AHHHH, cooler temps. around the corner.

Lauren: I think allowing ourselves cheats allows us to stay on program better. At least it works that way for me. Life is too short not to have something you enjoy from time to time. It's the people who don't know how to get on track that should be very careful when it comes to "cheats." Also, those who can't control themselves and only have a small amount.

Jack-K: Try to enjoy yourself. I'm praying you wake up feeling like a brand new woman. Try to relax and enjoy yourself while away. We will see you next month.

Gotta go spend some time with Britt while Lane is sleeping.

Ta Ta For Now,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #13  

Afternoon, everyone! I took my car to get the parking brake fixed, finally. They charged me full price, and when I asked the guy if I didn't get a discount for having to sit there more than once, he kind of laughed and said no, no discount just their apologies. I SHOULD have said that was too bad, that I would take my car elsewhere. I thought that, but did not say it. I am going to try other places. The man that used to be there was really good, but I just don't have much confidence in the owner and the guy who is dealing with the Toyota side of the business.

I went to Harry's and spent way too much money. I got some meats since theirs are all natural, no antibiodics or growth homones. They had almond milk on sale so I got a few of those. I am trying to avoid milk and wheat as much as possible to see if I fee better.

I got some deli meats and a loaf of 100% rye bread. I made sandwiches for lunch, and Ruth and Erik stopped in for lunch. They are almost done moving everything from their apartment, and had come in to load up the car.

I am totally sleepy, so I am going to take a nap! I will be back later!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:13 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY....OOPSSSS...I MEAN...GOOD EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I'll be so glad when this election is over with...I'm so tired of hearing all this bashing! Now, y'all know that I'm not a fan of GEORGE BUSH, but I believe if I were him, I would have to find out who told CBS all the false info about his Vietnam days.....or the lack of....that's just not right!

MONET...I read today where that poor man who was beheaded this afternoon was from Marietta...so sad for his family.
Sorry I didn't let you know about THEM DAWGS!!! Did you run into any flooded areas on your trip? I saw on the news where No Ga had some areas that were flooded and I was afraid for you the whole time!

GATOR and I are in the middle of friendly fire about the ball game..... The one thing that we do agree on is that THE GATORS played the better game.

BKM....How's my sweet SARAH???? Good to see you back....DANG....I don't know if I can stand it or not...you and BEACH both in the same weekend!

Got to go fix some supper..... to every one I missed....I'll talk to y'all later.

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll

I haven't been the worlds best eater the last few weeks but I've been blessed and the scales are staying down at 152.

Jack-K....I hope you have a fantastic vacation! You sure will be missed.

Monet..thanks for getting the board starting and keeping up the motivation. This board helps so much.

Poncho...glad your little one is feeling better. I had my tubes tied 7 years ago during my c-section. I think the hardest part for me was the emotional part after I had it done. I was prepared for how I felt. I don't know if that is common or just something I went through.

Gator...WTG with all the walking. I bet you are getting tired of all that rain. Praying for some nice days.

Toni...so good to see you.

BKM...welcome back! Really good to see you too.

Beachfan....good to see you again also.

Julia...your daughter sounds like such a sweetheart.

Lauren...could you pass some of the clouds this away...LOL We need some rain so bad. Our little pond is looking like a puddle.

Susan....my hubby suffers something terrible from the allergies this time of year. Poor fella didn't know he was allergic to hay until after we moved to the middle of a hay field five years ago...LOL Not his favorite time of year.

Heart....((hugzz)) hope you are having a good day.

Bob..I've be glad when the vote is over also.

(((Everybody)))

Well, I've been sitting here way too long today. Better get moving before I grow roots.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote