Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 12-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/20 - 12/26

img]http://members.aol.com/eldemila/sb_sign4.jpg[/img]

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...043#post735043

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  

Good Morning! We are coming down to the wire on the holidays! I wish everyone great self discipline and lack of temptation!

Its going to be a busy week here at Spa Monet... I still have shopping to do, and presents to wrap. I have not decided if I am going to fill stockings this year. Ruth and Erik will not be here to get them, we are going out there...so do I fill ours here, and just take theirs down, or what? Decisions, decisions!

I think I slept really well last night...the sleep aid seems to be helping a lot. (try it Sebray! )

I don't seem to be drinking enough water, so somebody keep me on track there...

OK, I need coffee or something. Be back later!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  
Goddess

Default Good Monday Morning!

Boy is it COLD here! 19 degrees when I woke up this morning--BRRRR--that's cold for south Alabama.

I've got a lot to do before Miss Belle and I head to NC on Wednesday. I've got client meetings all day today and tomorrow, a Christmas party tonight and somewhere I need to do laundry, pack and wrap. Oh well--it will get done somehow!

I can't wait to get home--I'm ready to spend some time with Mom and Dad and the girls. I just found out that Dad has to have another heart cath o Jan 3rd, so I'm going to stay until at least the 4th to make sure he is OK!

I helped a friend bake Christmas cookies on Saturday--she did 10 batches! I sure don't want to see any cookies anytime soon! Maybe it will help.

BOB--I looked at that makeup keeper. I sure need something cause right now I have all these little pots on my bathroom counter. . . You were very brave to get out there on Satruday--not me. . . I will do a little tonight or tomorrow. I have to hit Books-A-Million and Tige Rags to get a sweatshirt for my brother.

Monet--Glad to hear that you are sleeping better! That always makes a big difference! I just has two of my WW waffles for breakfast---YUM! Thanks for bringing them!

Jackie--You are doing great with all the exercise!

Gator--I love the Spongebob inflatable! I wouldn't put it in my yard either, but it sounds like your DS will love it!

Everyone else--I hope you have a happy happy Christmas!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning.

All is right with the world today. Funny whenthe scale is good things seem much better. I was pleasantly pleased with the scale even with a night at the Mexican rest. Those places are just poison. To make it worse, we are going there again for our lunch at work today. I'm hoping the motivation from the scale today will keep me away from the chips. I didn't have any legal ones to bring with me. All shopping is done with the exception of picking up some chew bones for the dog and some candy bars for my SIL's stocking. I have some things to take back tomorrow so I may try to pick up a sweater for my DH, but nothing that has to be done.

It's going to be a busy week since I have everyone at my house on Sat for dinner. I have my days lined out on what needs to be done each day. I work better organized.

Monet, glad the sleeping aid is working. You feel much better with a good night's sleep. My kids love the stockings. It is hard as they get older. Things cost more and I don't know what to get. Thanks for starting the board. Is Deb still having computer problems?

Bob, How about those cats? Kate must have been really cheering hard at the end.

Susan, It's funny how no matter how much we have to do, it gets done somehow. Have a great and safe trip. Prayers for your dad and his test.
Need to do some work. Hope to check back later.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #5  

Good morning...

Berrrrrr is right! I believe we are around the same temp as Fillise so berrrrrr again..lol. I am getting used to this cold and loving it. I am getting ready to get out in the cold...need to get some stamps for the remaining Christmas cards and few groceries. I know I will have to get to the store again around Wed or Thursday to get the rest of the grocery for the holidays.

Sorry I haven't been around...dh has been installing some new Windows operation system for the last 2 days so I just let him use the computer. Today he is still off, so he will be online a lot too. I will try to check back in later.

Monet, I love Jamaican food and know the food you were talking about. I love beef patties...yummm, especially the spicy one. My fav has to be curry goat and ackee and salt fish. Have you try those? I know so much about them is because my dh is Jamaican and his cousin cooks the best curry goat...don't even taste like goat but sooo good. Glad you had a good time. I am also glad the sleeping aid is working great for you, nothing like a good night sleep. I need to get in more water as well as the weather is so dry and my skin is not doing very well. So, drink! drink!

FILLISE : It is cold here too. I know we are probaby around the same temp. Stay warm!!

JACK-k : You can do it!! I just know you can resist those evil chips Have a good week.

The rest of the gang, "hello", hope to catch up later!! Good day.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay all you southern belles...I just have to put my two cents in about cold sitting here a couple miles from CANADA! Try 20 below zero to wake up and send the kids off to school iN!! Holy Toledo! Walk outside and your nostril hairs freeze on the first breath! In fact, it's too cold to snow, but the fog on the warmer river is blowing in in frozen form, making a misty snow while the sun is shining. I'm expecting penguins to run down the road any second!! The worst part is then when you add in the wind chill factor, it takes it to feeling like 35 below zero!! Layered clothes and a hot cup of tea is about all you can do. That's if you can brave even taking off your bathrobe to get dressed!

Anyhow..I was bad this weekend and made cookies (to warm up the house) and ate about a half dozen. In my defense, I ate them over the course of the day and not at one sitting! The holidays will be over in a couple weeks and then it's down to serious business, cats and kittens!!

Okay...gotta switch wash around...guess I won't be hanging anything out on the line today!! Hey!! It just warmed up to minus 14!! Break out the shorts!!

Techwife...freezing in Northern New York!! Brrr....
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #7  

Hey everyone! Back from my second trip to Curves since surgery! This time, I avoided the ab machines, but did two full circuits! My tummy is telling me I probably over did it, but it felt SO good to finish!

KENG: Ya man! I know a lot about Jamaican foods, because of our dear friends. I have had ackee with salt fish, but honestly, I prefer it with ham! Karen, the wife, laughs at me! I have made fruitcake with her and her mom a number of years...her mother died back in August, so it was a bittersweet Christmas. Karen made the fruitcake alone, and it was good, but not as good as Miss Hilda's... Karen keeps promising to make me curry goat, but we have not done it yet. I make patties- and honestly, mine are better than the ones you can buy at the Carribbean food stores! I have even made them with whole wheat flour and they were not too bad! I may have posted the recipe on the board, if you are interested in trying to make them. They are not hard.... That is so cool that your hubby is Jamaican. I love Jamaicans. They laugh a lot, and are so much fun! I enjoy nothing more than going to our friends house when they have all their relatives and friends over. Its such a treat! There is a tropical market that just opened near me, and I am hoping I can find some of the Sorrell. I bet your hubby knows Anancy stories. Our friend won a storytelling contest in Kingston a few years back for telling them. "I Jack Mandora, I don't chose none!"

JACK: This is the first year I don't have everyone coming here! We are going to Ruth and Erik's....but they expect me to bring some stuff. Guess I will be cooking anyway! Stocking stuffers are hard for the older crowd...they want gamecube memory cards, and stuff like that! I would still put candy in them, but two years ago, all the chocolate melted because we had the fire going in the fireplace! THAT was a hoot!

TECH: I hope you noticed that THIS southern belle was NOT complaining about the cold! I grew up in Chicago, so this is nothing to me! My only complaint is that it has gotten a bit too cold for my birkenstocks. I hate wearing socks and athletic shoes! I need to go buy some loafers. When the penguins start making it down the street, get pictures!

FILLISE: I am glad you are enjoying the waffles! I am laying off wheat for a week to see if I feel better, and I am afraid I do! I miss the waffles and having bread, but I am so tired of the problems I have been having too.... I have almost all the gifts I need to get, but I have not wrapped the first thing! I really ought to, but I am sure Bendis and Bastet Urd will chew on the boxes. Yesterday, Tom found Bendis half way up the tree, relaxing across two branches, front legs crossed in her usual posture! He squirted her with the spray bottle and she has acted offended since! Isis has stayed away, but Snidely thinks he is a gift to us all and has taken to sleeping under the tree! I will be praying for your dad...call me and let me know how it goes. Does your phone work in NC?

Ok, everyone! I have to go make roll and cut cookies for small group tomorrow, and my kitchen looks worse than Gator's yard after the hurricane! Later!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:25 PM   #8  
Going to Meet My Goal!

just a quick note cause i have to go shopping for kevin in a min

tech: man do i know about penguins hon, i lived in vermont......and as soon as you open ur front door the boogers in your nose that u didnt know u had freeze up on ya....there were a couple days i had to walk to work cause my car wouldnt start....and the kids ALWAYS went to school cause as soon as the first flake falls the snow plows are out on the roads.... not like here in TN....if it snows and sticks to the roads the schools are all closed a couple days...big sissies i say

monet: i will definatly try that sleeping aid after xmas...im sooooo glad its working for you and if you like ill kick ya a few times to get you drinking water but u have to do the same for me cause i havent been drinking enough either

back later
sebray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #9  
Going to Meet My Goal!

oh hey...i remembered it was monday
sebray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, I'm sure glad you mentioned that about the chocolate in the stockings as I was going to go on an dput some candy bars in my SIL's, but we have a fire every night.

Techwife, OK you win. You have the coldest temps. I don't see how you stand it. It was 11 here this morning. I'm ready for summer.

Sebray, People odn't know how to drive in snow here in Ky either. They close schools at the drop of one flake.

Ken, Have a nice day with your DH.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #11  

SEBRAY: Part of the reason they close schools is that they don't have the equipment to clear the roads. Why spend millions of dollars for snowplows that only get used once a year, or two? I know how to drive on snow and ice, but I have never seen so many fools trying to that did not know how as when I was in college! Me? I stay home if it snows and enjoy the holiday!

JACK: You just don't want that stuff dripping down from the toe of the stocking! Hey, when does my Godiva box get here?!

Ok, gotta go get Laura's car inspected.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Man, my feet are freezing, even with 2 pairs of socks on! I haven't had time to get on the computer since the 13th. Just deleted almost 1000 emails. My eating has been horrendous! I couldn't tell you how many times we've eaten McDonald's this past week(and no salads!), plus the candy and chips and whatever else that was illegal I've eaten. I've been to a couple of gatherings which of course doesn't help since they are never SB friendly. Also, I only got in 4 workouts compared to my usual 7 last week. So I really expected the scale to be up today. Miracously, it's only at 161(my low is 159) which is what I've been averaging the past couple of weeks anyway. I weighed myself like 10 times using 2 different scales to make sure Go figure. Anyway, I've been really busy, we found out a couple of days ago that our closing date on the house is the 29th! I've been trying to get all my stuff together for the closing and I've been packing. I HATE packing. It's extremely time consuming and I didn't realize how much crap we had. I have a HUGE pile of stuff that is going to be yard-saled or given away. I'm not taking all that stuff to the new house. At least it gives you a reason to go thru all your stuff and sift thru it. I ran across stuff that I had long forgotten about. Well, I need to pay a couple of bills online. Then I have to do some cleaning. Got about 6 loads of laundry to do and the bathroom is really gross I've been SB legal today. Here's my menu.

BF- LC shake
Lunch- really HUGE salad made with tuna, cheese, 1 egg, red onion, tomato, pepper rings, cukes, Ranch dressing.
Supper- Not for sure?? Think I might make a pot of chili with beans, topped with sour cream.

I doubt I get a workout in today, just not enough time. I really hate that. Plus, now I don't have hardly any room in my LR due to all the boxes. Tomorrow, eating will be SB legal. However, Boogie has a Christmas party at his speech Wednesday. I know I'll eat a few goodies, but the rest of the day will be SB legal. Thursday and Friday will be SB legal. But then we have Christmas dinner on Saturday which will be highly illegal. I'll try my best to get back on track Sunday. I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up from 161. Last year my butt put on 8 pounds! I think my metabolism is better than it used to be because my eating has been really bad but it's not showing. That's why I'm going to be on my best behavior when I don't have food gatherings so that hopefully it won't catch up with me. Oh yea, the girls at my exercise class got me a $50 gift certificate to the mall. That was really sweet. Oh, and Kids Wish Network called the other day and Boogie may get his wish to go to Disney World. They are suppossed to let us know if they approve him in about a week. He's so excited, he keeps saying he wants to go see Mickey Mouse. I definetly believe he deserves it. Well, that's it for me! BTW- Congrats to all who are being ever so faithful with this WOE right now. This time of the year is sooo hard.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #13  
Goddess

ok Techwife--you win--but I'm STILL COLD! We southerners are not happy unless we can whine about the cold all winter. Not like you northerners who really and truly have it cold. We are not hearty--not one bit and we collapse into whiny shivering little masses as soon as the temp dips below 50 (yes, I said 50)-- below 20 and we are USELESS! Let a snowflake be sighted and we will rush to the store to stock up on bread and milk because we are not coming out of our holes again until spring!!!!

Jackie--Me too! I want summer NOW!!!!

Julia--Keep warm!

Heart--You too!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #14  

Dh is finally out so I can use the computer. He has been making changes with my computer but as long as I can get online at the same speed I am happy...lol. Today has been quite a productive day. I clean the fridge inside out except the freezer part. Gosh...I won't tell you guys what gross stuff I found in there...lol. I have come to a conclusion that I do not need an ice-maker plus water feature on the fridge door anymore because I can't take them apart and clean them. I saw some mildew collected in the outside of the ice-maker so I can only imagine other places where I can see...yikes!!! Cleaning the fridge alone exhaust me...lol. I also did some laundry, make some fruit salad, did some preparation on my oxtail stew for tomorrow, trying to get Jess out of trouble etc etc. Somehow she is having some "hearing" problems today...lol.

TECHWIFE : No, not complaining about the cool weather, just enjoying it. For people who lives in warmer climate, their body do not get used to a cooler weather like those who lives in a colder climate area. I know my body is definitely getting used to the winter weather. Before, I live in a hot and humid country all year round. My dh is from NY and he knows what cold is too. He often teases the winter in GA but I know his body do not take cold as he used to be because he wears a sweater to sleep at night...LOL. Stay warm and definitely have your camera ready just incase penguins pay you a visit..lol.

MONET : Ya mann!!! LOL. Jamaican accents are so funny...they still give me chuckles sometimes. My dh do not have any Jamaican accents and so are all his brother and sisters (except his cousins and older relatives) since they migrated to US when they were very young. When I was newly married, I had such a hard time understand my MIL and my FIL when they spoke to me, I had to make them repeat to me or asked dh to translate some conversations to me...lol. Now, I am comfortable with the accents. I would love to have the recipe to make the patties, especially the whole wheat recipe. My dh loves patties but we haven't any good ones here, well, not that we are searching So far, I have only learn to make ackee and salt fish and rice and peas. I certainly want to learn to make curry goat. I do not like Jamaican bread (very dense) and fruitcake as well. I have to agree, Jamaican laughs a lot and they are usually very closed knit as well. I have to ask dh about Anancy stories since I have never heard of them.

JACK -k : Hope your day has been good today

HEARTMOM : Every small decision you make will add up, so every healthy meal you eat will make a big difference. You can do it! Congrats on the closing of your house, you must be so excited!! Start packing now...so you don't get overwhelmed when the moving date is drawing closer

FILLISE : I am keeping warm and you too!!

Got to make dinner shortly since dh is at home. I will be making baked salmon, stir-fry nappa cabbage with carrots, onions and bean thread, sauteed spinach and brown rice/pasta. Oh my, the list looks long so I better get started soon.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:44 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I swear, if 2005 doesn't hurry and get here! I had to leave work again today!
HURLED MY BEAKFAST!!!! Kate has decided that I've either got ulcers, or they are developing now. Of course, I guess I could be lactose intollerant, which would absolutely devistate me....CHEESE is my FAVORITE FOOD!!! GOOD SHARP CHEDDER!!! DIAGNOSE THIS...Friday for lunch, I had a small sirloin and steamed veggies....lost that....couldn't eat supper...Saturday, I had grilled chicken and it stayed down...Sunday, baked fish and lost that...
I'm just confused as ****!

It's 54 degrees now, and supposed to get down to 35 degrees tonight...I know that's no where near 20 below TECH, but down here THAT'S COLD!!!!

My Sweet Brother called me this morning and told me that he's buying me a new car on Thursday! I was stunned to say the least! Now, I'm all excited and can't wait!

SUSAN...you should get one of these boxes...I love mine..there is room for EVERYTHING and then some.

MONET...I bet you that the wheat is the problem...I'll be anxious to hear.

JULIA...sonds like a productive day to me...come on down and I'll let you clean my fridge!

LAURIE...Oh I hope that Boogie gets his wish. I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed that he does!

JACKIE...nothing messier that messy chocolate on your hearth!

Gotta go...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote