About shoulder length 4 16.00%
Past your shoulder, but above your waist 6 24.00%
Below your waist but above your butt 1 4.00%
Past your butt 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #76  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Morning All

Just a quick check in to say hello. I'm going to spend the day with my Mom, we desperately need some food in this house.

My GF is in the hospital and isn't looking too good. I'm hoping he gets better, but he's 87 years old. He wants to go home, he doesn't want to stay in the hospital. This is going to be a war between my aunt and my GF because my uncle says he can no longer live alone, here's now that he's bought this house. He has a kidney problem, his heart is bad and he has a multitude of other problems. My grandfather NEVER complains, he reminds me of ELI, it has to be pretty darn bad for him to complain and when he does, it's probably 10 times worse than what you can imagine. My personal feelings are that he must feel really bad and feels like he maybe dying and doesn't want to die at the hospital, but at home with his dog. I just hope he feels better, but I am sure glad I was able to get up there last weekend. I may make a trip up there this week depending on how things go with him.

Okay, I'm late, my aunt is on the phone filling me in as I type this.

LDBLOND, OPRAH??? I missed something!!!

CESS, are you sure you're eating enough? Also, when you have just a little to lose, it takes a LOT longer. You're probably losing but gaining muscle, which is good.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #77  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

TOP OF THE MORNING TO Y'ALL!!!

I've already been to STARBUCKS (have to support ELI'S retirement!) , the grocery, BLOCKBUSTER'S.....WHEW~!!

As for the movies:

COLD CREEK MANOR....don't miss this one...if you like suspense!
WEDDING FOR BELLA...very moving
SYLVIA....YUK....and I like Gwenyth
SOLDIER GIRL...very different!

DEB...sorry to hear about your DGF....good thought coming his way!

I'm off to complete what I didn't do yesterday which was NOTHING!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:06 PM   #78  

Hi everyone. I don't usually post here, though I should since I follow the sb woe. I know I posted and had great response from some of you. I am still trying to get to know the group here (who sound like a great group, I've really been enjoying this)

Bob, I've seen your posts on wls thread. I don't know alot of whats going on with you and whoever called you stupid, but by reading your posts, I would say she is very brave or very stupid.

Deb, How exciting about Mike. I have three sons. The end. (what's that tell you ) Love them all though. Also hope everything goes ok with GF. I have an 88 yr old uncle who lived with me from the time I was born until about 8 yrs ago. He too was very independant and never complained. Finally did go to assisted living. Very near by, doesn't like visitors much as it interupts his schedule. so even though he's 2mins away I don't see him as much as I'd like.

Sef, oh my I had to send some of those to my MIL who lives in FLA in a senior developement. She'll love them.

I love these new smileys.

I also want to land here as this is a sb sight isn't it? I really am struggling this time around. I've decided to kick the : to the curb because I obsess. Though I am reading Bob Green "Get with the Program" I like that it's quick, to the point and not alot of that "rah rah" or crap.
He seems to go the whole grain route. I am mostly reading it as I need to exercise and drink more water and thats the basis of his plan. But interestingly enough he mentions not to weigh until the end of phase one as with the exercise and extra hydration you could see a weight gain. But not a bad weight gain( I know for many of us this does not compute) But I got on the scale after staying op and saw quite a few lbs go on and got depressed, cried(so ashamed, I'm usually not so faggy) and ate (white carbs of course) when ever I take a dive it usually involves bread(cushions my fall ) So I am starting a personal journal on my puter , and dragging around a plan journal for eating, exercising and weight & measures . I just hope all the tracking helps not hinders.

For all that I didn't address personally, I'm still getting to know everyone, but do wish you all a great week ahead.

I am starting fresh tomorrow. New rules, new haircut, new attitude

So hopefully I will have good things to report.

for listening
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #79  

Angry

hey everyone!!!! Im back op now. I went to a wedding yesterday and it was so easy to say screw the diet after i ate the ice cream friday night. So im cutting down to one starch a day for a few and getting back in.

Bob- you went from doing nothing yesterday to running a rat race today...lol slow down

Deb- Sorry to hear about your GF, prayers are with you. I would love to meet your kids one day. They sound awesome!!! I hope Michael gets his choice.

Jack- prayers are with you hun, hope you feel better

Sef- omg i love your jokes!!! I sent the one about speaking politically correct to every one i know.

DonnaD- sounds like your doing great!! I think the planning will be good. I need to do that. Let me know how it goes.

Well, time to go for now. Hubby is going to do a tune up on my car and i need to use this time to do my WATP.

Im giving you all permission to chew me out if i cheat anymore!!!!

to all those i missed,

Valerie...wants to be not

love the new smileys!!!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #80  

Question Flour Question

Hi Everyone,
Coming out of lurkdom for a moment

I'm happy and grateful to say I'm still plugging away on the SB WOE
Since late Sept. '03, I'm down 40lbs.

This site has been instrumental in this journey, so thanks to everyone for sharing and encouraging!

I came across a recipe that calls for Soy Flour. Does anyone know if this is considered SB legal?

I also noticed a recipe in the 'recipe' section of this site that calls for a regular Angel Food cake. Wouldn't that be a no-no?

Thanks for whatever insight you can offer up.

Tammy
FaithFilledFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #81  

Angry

hey again.

I dont know about the soy flour but yes i would think angel food cake would be for a cheat.

While we are asking q's....can we legally have vital wheat gluten?? what about baking powder?

ok thats it again. later

Valerie
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote