Above your neckline (really short) 5 20.00%
At your neckline (short) 8 32.00%
About shoulder length 4 16.00%
Past your shoulder, but above your waist 6 24.00%
Below your waist but above your butt 1 4.00%
Past your butt 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #46  

The scale was about the same this am since I blew it over the weekend. I had pitting edema last night. Don't know what that was all about. Still have some swelling tonight, but not near as bad.

Walked 1.5 miles/30 min on TM last night & .5 miles tonight, then did my weight training.

A few replies:

SuzyB, I've been doing Relay for Life for the past 3 yearsw & love it. Ours is usually in April, but moved up to March this year. Sounds like you're doing well & staying OP. Keep up the great work.

Deb, sounds like you're getting things organized at last. Wonderful news about Michaelo getting accepted at Duke! WTG! He's worked so hard he deserves to get into his choice of schools.

Woodfrogs, hope that stomach bug gets better soon. That's loosing weight the hard way!

Gator,

Trish, bummer about your accident. Thanks God you were not hurt & congrats on not giving in to the munchies when you got home. Good control!

Pancho, Hope your sore throat is better today! Poor Lane sounds like she's not feeling well either with her nose. Shaaaa.

Jack-K, Glad to hear your out-patient procedure went well. Even had an audience, eh? Lots of doctor appts, eh? Hope all goes well with the bone scan & the Chemo. When do you start? Sounds like the breakdown was a much needed release more than the dissappointment that dh would be gone all week. You have been so strong & you probably felt like you were being abandoned temperarily, but that's understandable. He has been right by your side through it all & now you're having to face some things alone. Hang in there girl.

JackieO, Sorry to hear that your friend's GF died. I remember you were afraid that he would pass while we were at Missy's, so I'm glad you were able to be there for your friend. I haven't made the crab quiche for DH yet but hope to do that this weekend. It's really easy to do. Enjoy! Now get off the couch & go kick butt at the gym!!

Teensy, Hope all goes well with your DS's surgery. Prayers lifted up for you both. Glad to hear your furbaby is doing better.

Fruit, so sorry to hear you're down with the crud! Hope yopu feel better soon. Good luck with the shower. Hope all goes well.

DonnaD, you'll get the hang of things girl, just hang in there & keep trying. I do my replies in Word & sometimes in an email window. Either way, I find it easier because i can copy & paste & post is still there incase of an error.

SEF, Russian Folk Festival Show sounds interesting. Good luck with MRI. Hope the verdict is the lesser of the 2 evils. If you tolerated the MRI on your back, then this one sould not be any different. I agree with you that GS's dad needs futher intervention. The threat was definitely a cry for help & just because the initial threat is over, it could return. Statisitics show that more women threaten to committe suicide, but that more men actually follow through with the threats.

LYN, so glad to hear that Ray's surgery went well. Great to hear from you. Hopefully that pressure will be down when you go back in Friday!

MISSY, good old crawfish sounds good. Might ask dh to go eat some this weekend! Enjoy!

vmoore, Glad you enjoyed your visit with your parents.

Country, WooHoo! Glad to hear your holiday pounds are in the past! WTG!!

I'm heading for bed! Night all!

Last edited by Melf; 03-03-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 PM   #47  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

Did my thing at Sam's today. Worst part is putting all the groceries away! Choir practice tonight.

BARBARA: Know where Poughkeepsie is, my DD swam for the Y in Middletown so we hit a lot of places in that part of NY for meets. Relatives in Nyack, we met a cousin at one of the meets in Red Hook (I think thats the name of the place) we didn't know we had. I had an aunt in Peekskill, lived in Fishkill when I was VERY young. We lived in Milford. PA for almost 40 years. I like small world things. I enetered cakes, etc in the Grange Fair but never any handcrafts. Know what work any kind of fair can be, as Milford had a three day fair. I was in charge of making a booth for our facility so the patients could sell the crafts the made and have a place to sit when I brought a group to visit the fair. I also created and directed the making of a float for the parade. It was five days of intense work, set up, fair, take down, but I loved. I used to get the sixth day off with pay. But I digress! I want to do some thing to enter here. There are a lot of craft fairs. I have three difficult projects picked out for cross stitch and one is huge! So it won't be this year! You're right about the computer. Usually at work we have a set program we use, we did progress notes and reports of patient interisciplinary progress to their insurance company. When I got a computer for home, I didn't know diddleysquat!

PANCHO: Hope you feel better soon, Britt and Lane too. Hope your folks didn't pick-up anything from y'all.

LYN: Glad your boy is home and doing okay. It's okay to be "all about me", we wanted to know. Will still keep you in my prayers.

GATOR: Just have to try! to see if it works! Thanx for the tip, I didn't know that, although I do know about the colors.

JACKIEO: I'm not sick, just a little less mobile in my right shoulder. Been bother me a long time just getting worse. My GD is a big fan of Lord of the Rings series, so she was happy. She had a party for friends at college. Had a great time and picked most of the winners. I bombed too! My thing is judging the best/worst dressed on the red carpet. I bet you looked great.

JACKK: What would we do without our friends. Real friends always come through. Will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for the reassurance on the MRI. I'm not afraid, I wasn't thinking claustrophobic until the nurse mentioned it! Power of suggestion! Hope all goes well for you.

MARY: Pitting edema!?! Have you been eating more salt, BP okay, heart, on your feet more? Better keep an eye on it, as you well know could be a symptom of something. Thanx to you too for the reassurance. The festival was interesting. The star had a beautiful baritone with a range you wouldn't believe! He hit a few bass notes that tingled!

Time to call it quits. NH home in the morning and entertaining in the afternoon. Night!

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #48  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

GATOR: You're so smart! It worked!

Shirley
Old 03-04-2004, 08:00 AM   #49  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Thought I'd be able to get on yesterday, thought wrong Was busy busy trying to get stuff up for auction on Ebay because I haven't had anything up there due to the storage unit move fiasco. BUT, in doing them when I can, I had to put them on delay because when MICHAEL is home, there's no getting near the computer, so I have to pay extra to start them at a later time, which I decided was tomorrow night at 10:45pm. My goal is to get 50 items up for auction - I have 25 more to do. Needless to say the house is in worse shape than before as I am going through some of the stuff I brought home and OMG, there's things I didn't know I had! PLUS, ELI is coming home tonight and I just HAVE to get some of this cleaned up before the poor guy kills himself trying to walk in the dining room and family room - yes, it's worse than the pictures I sent before, but just slightly I have to go to the school at Noon to proctor exams so I don't have much time to get this stuff done today - not that I think I'll get it all done, but I better try to make a dent in it.

MICHAEL got a T-SHIRT from DUKE yesterday along with a letter and a letter for me. It was nice to know that out of their second large group of applicants ever, 16,500 kids applying, that he is one of the top 350. His friend SUZY got a full scholarship to go there should she decide to go - I want to know if we can kill her off somehow She's gotten offers for 2 full scholarships - everywhere SUZY applied MICHAEL applied, with the exception of 1 school. Poor CURTIS, the guy who's #1 - he hasn't gotten accepted to any of the ones that SUZY has - and he's #1 - she's #2

I'm sorry I don't time today to catch up and read the board but after seeing those pictures and knowing how things look in this house, I'm SURE you all understand that I have to take some initiative and get something accomplished today-anyone want to come help me clean up???????????

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:03 AM   #50  

Default Good Thursday morning!

Good morning everyone, it's a rainy morning here. But I'll take warmer and rainy over frigid and cold and snow anyday! The snowdrops and daffodils have poked their heads up and I'm hoping for snowdrop blossoms before the end of the weekend. The kids 18th birthday is today, don't know what we're doing for dinner tonight yet, have to see if they want me to cook, or they want to go out. We're having a family thing Sunday with cake and all.

Deb - So glad to hear that MICHAEL was accepted to Duke! I like the t-shirt idea too. My DS's got a key lanyard on Sunday when they went for orientation, I thought that was pretty good too. I'm sure your house will get clean eventually, don't worry about it too much. I spend so much time picking up after my guys, I could have hours free during the week. thanks for answering my agave question, I think I'll go back to the health food store this afternoon and pick up the rest of it(on the off-chance it got mismarked).

Shirley - You actually lived in Fishkill for awhile?! It really is a small world!
I also run the display for work(Dept of Environmental Conservation) at our county fair, 8 crazy days! I may enter something this year for my crochet, have to see what i have put away for gift-giving emergencies. The ribbons always feel soooo good. Good luck finding something to enter.

Hope that everyone else is doing well, the board is sort of slow lately,
Barbara
270/212/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #51  

Good Thursday morning:

The week is nearly over. Britt has rodeo day tomorrow morning at school; I'm going to go with her and help out. They are going to have pony rides, panning for gold (and a store to buy something with the gold she gets), plus a lot of other fun stuff, and a hot dog lunch. It s/b a fun day together. Gary is going to stay home with Lane and then go in to work later when Britt and I get back home. Britt is off school today, and I am still in my jammies, and it is drizzly and wet outside. We will probably stay home all day and just rest.

Enough of the congratulations on the loss this week; I am actually up. I have been around 120.5#, and yesterday, I was at 122#. I haven't exercised all week, and I am feeling it. But, I'm still o.k. with 122#; as long as I stay below 125#, I will be fine, especially as I continue to build muscle mass.

Country: Congrats on getting those stubborn Christmas pounds off. Shall we start reminding you in November how long it took? . Have a great day.

Yellow: Glad Ray did well with surgery; I hope he continues to heal quickly.

JackieO: Hope your trainer is able to help get you re-motivated (translation: is able to kick you butt into gear).

Jack-K: Good luck with the bone scan today. It sure sounds like a long appt. Glad you were able to get your nails done again.

Wood: If you posted the info. correctly ($6.75 for 23.5 oz) for the agave, then that is a phenomenal buy. Where can you get it that cheap?? I find it at Whole Foods for $3.99 for 8 oz, and buy it online for $6.00 for 12 oz. I have never found it cheaper than that; it is usually much more expensive. Happy Birthday to the kiddos.

Melf: At least the scale stayed the same. Just jump back OP and keep up the great work on the exercise, and it probably won't catch up with you.

I do plan to do my Ab scissor today, and may actually pull out that Pilates tape when Lane naps, since we will be home all day today.

Well, better go!

Have a great OP Day!!!
Natalie

P.S. I am feeling a bit better today; my right ear is still giving me problems, but overall feeling better. Lane had zero snot on her face when she woke up so she is doing better, and Britt still just has mild symptoms.....that is our sick ward update.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. I haven't had the time I would like to post and be on the computer. I went thru the kid's clothes yesterday, and it took about 2 hours. Ashley is soooo messy with her clothes, so I had to clean her dresser out and her closet. Told her it BETTER not get in that shape again. I still have to clean our closet out, but I don't feel like it today. I have a huge pile of clothes I've accumulated for a yard sale. Anyway, Boogie is doing better other than his cough, it's better but not gone. Other than that, he's the typical Boogie. I have a couple OP days under my belt. I really did some damage this weekend. I weighed this morning and it says 170 I was 167 before the weekend. I'm hoping some of this is fluid since my eyes are puffy. I was really hungry this morning, so I had a big breakfast. 2 eggs, 3 sl. bacon, and a piece of cheese toast. Lunch will be a big chef salad and supper will be spaghetti(no noodles for me) and salad. Anyone have any breakfast ideas? I need to slack off the eggs for awhile and then I get tired of fruit and yogurt. I was looking at my measurements and size on a chart. My bust width and hips are a size 12, but my stomach is a size 14. So that's why I can't wear all 12's yet. My stomach is really flabby and mushy and getting on my nerves I do situps, and crunches, lower abs, but it's not helping. Ugh! Perhaps that is what I get for being a piggy so much lately.

Jackie- I'm thinking of you and will continue to pray for you.

Pancho- Hope you and Lane are feeling better.

Anyone heard from BOB?

DEB- I missed the pics of your house, but if it was anything like mine was a few days ago, then it was bad It looked like a warzone around here. I live in a small mobile home and it took me almost 2 hours to clean my tiny kitchen! Horrendous. I still don't have the house in shape, but at least you can walk thru it now without stepping on stuff.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #53  

Pancho - I would love to be 125, I'm only 5'3" on a good day and that would look pretty good on me(I think). Sounds like your sick ward might have actually turned a corner and be improving. Rodeo day sounds like fun. I don't remember the kids having anything like that in school, they had field trips, but usually to parks, or the semi-local game farm. the price for the agave was correct, and now that I know what a bargain it is, I'm going to go back and buy the rest today(just in case it was mismarked). What a wonderful taste that stuff has!

Heartmom - sounds like quite a production, cleaning closets. I have 2 that really need to be done, the linen and the cleaning closets. Probably soon though, I'm starting to get in the mood for spring cleaning. You'll be in those size 12's soon, I have every confidence. I'm hoping for 16's soon, my 18's are getting loose.

Take care everyone,
Barbara
270/212/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:18 PM   #54  

A type bye, just to let you know I'm thinking about you all. Didn't get squat done in the house - ELI just called from Denver and will be home in about 4 hours Oh well
Old 03-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #55  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

I really don't like double duty days! Get tired.

DEB: Hooray for Michael. Is Duke his college of xhoce? Or will he make up his mind after other acceptances come in, I know he applied to more than one. Your house will be there, kids are more important than dust and clutter!

WOOD: Amazing. Makes me sorta homesick! I've used up my emergency gift supply for HFH. Have to build up a new stockpile.

PANCHO: Glad everyone seems to be getting better!

HEART: Good that Boogie's getting better too.

V: I must have missed something too! Who has a decision to rethink?

Can't get over how slow the Board has been of late. Just a cute aside..........today after we were finished with the entertainment program we went around to greet the residents like we always do. One of the ladies who sometimes comes to my Monday and Thursday groups (she was there today) asked me if I was related to the lady that was here this morning! I told her that it was me, just different clothes. She was so glad, thought she was getting senile! She was so cute about it and laughing at herself. I just love being with my ladies and gentlemen!

Maybe I'll check in later. If I can get out of the chair

Shirley
Old 03-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #56  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone

I was just skimming...sounds like everyone is getting better if they are sick! That's a great sign!

VMOORE: What are you talking about with that post? Who was that addressed too? I know that I mostly skim the boards but I obviously missed something big! HA!

I'll see y'all over the weekend! Have a great one everybody! Tomorrow is FRIDAY! AMEN!

Love you all!!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #57  
Bustin' Buddy

OH YEAH!

BOB: Where in the **** are you? You've been MIA for a couple of days!

TRISH: How ya feeling?

MONET: You still out there my friend?

Please post soon...I'm getting worried!!

missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #58  
Paula

Talking

Hi All,
Came back to find the site had crashed and I could not log in, had to register again. Wish I could tell all of you I have lost lots of weight since I last posted. Actually have barely kept at 232, is it just a dream to be healthy again. I stay somewhat close to SB all the time, have to to keep my sugars normal.
How was New Orleans??? Hope to go next year!!!!!!!!!!!
dh and I went to Vegas, our first time, was nice.
We are very busy at the hospial at this time, last week I worked 88 hours. this week I have been able to come home early a couple of times.
Glad to be back.
greenrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:11 AM   #59  

Hey Gals!

I am working feverishly on my Ebay stuff to get this all accomplished and ready for auction for tonight. My goal of getting 50 new items up for auction is getting there, I have just 6 more items to find, photograph, make a description and get the auction up and loaded so I'm sure, nothing coming up and slapping me in the face, that I will accomplish this goal, which I have to tell you, feels VERY good! I hardly ever am able to get a scheduled goal completed, at least not any that hasn't stressed me out majorly!

Picked ELI up at the airport, his plane was late and I spoke to BOB as I drove AROUND, and AROUND, and AROUND waiting for his arrival. I think he was shocked and taken back how bad the house looked. Have to get this taken care of and soon! Sure didn't sleep as well as I had when he was gone - that sucked, couldn't he extend his trip???

I'm looking forward to having the morning to myself to go to garage sales tomorrow - of course, running LAUREN all over in the afternoon is a given.

I have not only my Ebay stuff to complete today but have to run to the PO and bank, bills are late because the kids dad just brought me the monthly check an hour ago

SEF, DUKE is on his list of course, since he applied there, but his #1 choice is Harvard, but haven't heard squat from much of anyone except Wash U and now Duke all of a sudden.

FRUIT, BOB will be on soon - promise!

Thinking of you all, knowing you understand, I'll be back to check in over the weekend, if not tonight.

Toodles

Deb
Old 03-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. Started reading posts and had to leave. The bone scan was no big deal. Went right in, got the injection, left, came back 3 hours later and it took 20 minutes for the scan. Now just to pray the results are good.

While we were waiting and also afterwards, we went wig shopping. What a hoot! The first place was a disaster. There was a kid working and she was doing a makeover for someone so since we were short on time, I tried them on myself. I thouhgt if it is all like that place, I was just going bald. Went to another place, but needed an appt. Went to the next place and they didn't carry wigs, but got a cute hat/turbin with a scarf weaved in it. After lunch we went to another place and they had tons and the lady was so nice and she wouldn't let me look until she had it on and fixed. It was a big difference. I actually found 3 I liked. She also had just bangs on a headband. They were cute with scarves and hats. I bought a scarf there and will go back next week to decide on the wigs. Have 2 more places to check out.

Today had an appt with the plastic doc. Just checking the surgery from Monday. I go back Monday and get the stitches out. Will probably start going back to work for a few hours each day next week. I think DH will have to be out of town again for 3 or 4 days. :sad:

Sort of down today and had a horrible night, so I am not making replies. Please forgive me.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote