At your neckline (short) 8 32.00%
About shoulder length 4 16.00%
Past your shoulder, but above your waist 6 24.00%
Below your waist but above your butt 1 4.00%
Past your butt 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #16  

Smile

I finally got around to posting the crab quiche recipe that I prepared at our SB get together on the recipe board! Also found a great sounding recipe for a Middle Eastern Tuna Salad that I plan to make real soon.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:15 AM   #17  

Default Morning

Hi everyone - it is actually warm here, but overcast with a prediction of rain later in the day. I only have a few minutes before I jump in the shower and head off to school, but I wanted to jump on real quick since I haven't been on in a few days. Things here are busy, as I mentioned before. On top of getting my Relay team together and planning fundraisers, I got brave and approached a new store owner in town who sells handmade crafts and she has agreed to let me put some of my painting projects in the store for commission. She'll take 25% of whatever sells - so of course, I have been trying to paint up some new stuff for spring and Easter and am hoping to drop it off before the end of the week.

Eating has actually been really good - I have limited myself to one starchy carb a day and I usually have it with dinner so I'll feel full and not tempted to snack later on. It has been working well and I don't feel the craving as much as I thought I would. I'm not sure if it will make a difference on the scales, but I have decided not to weigh myself for a few weeks anyway. Every week at the same number was getting too depressing.

Nat& Heart - Sorry to hear that Lane is sick. There is so much going around right now. Take care of those kiddies!

Deb - good to see you back. You must feel real good getting all that work done. Congrats and keep us informed on Michael!

JackK- Thinking of you. Read your post about your doctor's appointment. Sorry it was so tough for you - hang in there and keep us informed. I'm praying that your treatment regimen won't be as bad as you might think (hair loss, etc.) There are several different treatments out there - wait and see what your doctor reccomends.

Everyone else - know I'm thinking of you. Sorry I didn't have time to reply to you all . . .

SuzyB
SuzyB156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:29 AM   #18  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!

I'm pooped today, not from anything I did as I didn't do much of anything worthwhile yesterday, but just feeling totally drained today. I was falling asleep on the couch before 8pm last night but pushed myself to stay up a bit past 9pm - went to sleep and slept good but still woke up tired.

Is anyone on this board going through gas in their car like me? On Saturday afternoon I filled up after I got LAUREN from the library and on Sunday I had to fill up again. I had gotten gas previous to that on Wednesday! I seem to have to fill out 2-3 times a week and with the gas prices being the way they are, and going up, up and away -it's killing me! I don't see how those with big SUV's, like my sister, do it - and to think the prices are continuing to go up daily, or so it seems.

Okay, so MICHAEL got 3 pieces of mail - as suspected, CORNELL wants financial documents - the 2 items from DUKE were good. One was a letter from the President which basically seemed to be an acceptance letter and the other was an invitation to fly him up their at their expense the first week of April. He was told they invite about 350 kids at the top fo their list to come, about 200 go to NC to see the campus. Hate that it's during school for him, he's never been out of school - going to see if they can count it as a possible field trip so it won't count against him. They said he was of to received another letter from someone else, but nothing else came, so hopefully today we'll see what else. His friend SUZY also got accepted to DUKE. Funny thing, the #1 kid in the school also applied to DUKE and hasn't gotten a thing, he applied to YALE and got deferred where SUZY #2 got accepted - I try telling my nephew, it's not all about the grades - SUZY is more well-rounded than #1 and I guess that's what they are looking for.

Going to get in a few replies then hit the kitchen, as it needs some TLC. I'm going to try and work on some Ebay stuff today - I need the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROSE, again, please let us all know how RAY'S surgery went today - I'm thinking about him!

FILLISE, it's THAT time of year again? Lent is always good for you. Maybe I should take the same things in to practice Thanks for checking in!

DONNA, hmmm, not sure how to answer your question. I can type forever and get it all in, never get cut off. I do my posts in a letter on AOL and then cut and paste it in to the box at the bottom of the page, others do it in Word. Try an alternate way and see if it happens again - that's the first time anyone has asked that question that I can remember.

WOOD, are they staying on campus or is it close to home where they can stay at home?

MELF, the crab quiche sounds delish - will have to try that - of course, anything ME is a definite must to try. Tuna though?

SUZY, that's great that you found someone who'll let you put your artwork up in their store - I hope she makes a mint for you! MICHAEL just had 50 pictures printed for his art exam coming up. Some were REALLY good, others I didn't care for too much, but as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As long as he gets a good grade, that's all I care about. I'm still waiting to see some of your work!!!!

JACKK, what's going on with you? I haven't a clue, so please, fill me in.

Okay, I'm outta here for now - will check in later.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:23 AM   #19  

When I talked to my Mom about my stomach troubles, she recommended a very bland diet, bananas, rice, ww toast and tea. I've added yogurt as it fills me up. So that's what I've been eating the last 2 days. At least it's brown rice. And I figure 1 banana a day won't kill me too much. My menu has been:
b- one slice ww toast w/butter and carb control yogurt(4 oz), decaf tea
snack - banana
l - carb control yogurt
d - brown rice, jello w/ a little fat-free cool whip.
I'm been drinking lots of tea and water.
I walked on the treadmill for 2.5 miles last night, not particularly energetically, but at least I got some exercise. Will hit the gym today after work(it's usually less crowded on Tues). Since my body seems to actually be retaining food now, it seems safe to go

Deb - it's very close to home, about 30 minutes. But i'd rather they went and stayed on-campus, get the whole college experience, learn to be independent, etc etc. I feel that it's an important part of the growing process.
I encouraged them to choose where ever they wanted when applying, but I think they got a little lazy in that regard. I took one DS up to Syracuse University, but he said it just seemed too big for him. Who knows with kids
MICHAEL seems like he's in the big leagues with his college choices, and how wonderful for him! With all the work he's been doing, he definitely deserves to go somewhere that will do him the most good.

Suzy - Good for you, getting pictures up and for sale! I hope that it wirks out well for you. It was spitting rain this morning here too, but nothing serious, I'm hoping that the 50 degree weather melts more of the snow. The little snowdrops and daffodils are poking up in the garden making me hopeful for spring.

Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
270/216/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #20  
Little Engine That Could

Barbara, Hope your stomach problems are getting better. One thing I discovered with my recent "tummy" problems, is that I really was not getting enough fiber in my diet. Even though I was eating only meat, and tons of veggies, about 1 slice of WW bread a day and one fruit, I was still low, getting in only about 12 grams of fiber. After my problem, I started doing some reading and discovered that it is recommended that we get 25-30 gms. fiber daily. Even with all the veggies, they are only about 2 to 3 per serving, and I just could not eat enough to get in the fiber requirement. That means that I either have to take a fiber supplement, or add more whole grains and beans, which are the major fiber contributors to a healthy diet.
Like you, I was on a bland diet, for almost 2 weeks and it was jello, chicken noodle soup, puddings, broths, applesauce, etc. No dairy. Now I have decided to try to find a dietician who can help me figure out just how to tailor my daily meals so that I can lose weight, but at the same time get the right amounts of fiber, vitamins, etc. I have such a hard time losing weight, even with very low GI foods, because I am hypothyroid. So it is a constant battle. Good luck to you.

Donna, are you using the Quick Reply box, or the regular reply box, the one that comes up when you click on the "Post Reply" tab at the bottom left of the last post? Try doing some experimenting, but if nothing works, you can send an e-mail to the webmaster and she will give you tech help.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:24 AM   #21  

Hi, guys. Like some of you this is just going to be a drive-by. I was doing great with my eating last week and through the week-end but had a lapse on Sunday at my great-nephews birthday party. Had 2 pieces of french bread and a small piece of chocolate cake. But, back on track yesterday (too many starchy carbs, but they were legal). Yesterday at lunchtime, I had a wreck in my Tahoe. I wasn't hurt, just sore, but the Tahoe has about $5000 in damage. At least I didn't hit anyone, just a pole. A bee had gotten in my car and I was trying to get it out, looked down for a second, and ..........

The good news is that I didn't go home and eat myself into oblivion like I would have done in the past.

Gotta scoot, I have an appointment in a few minutes.

See you guys later.

Trish
Trishaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #22  

Good morning!

I woke up last night with a sore throat; it feels a bit better today, but I'm sure I am getting Lane's cold. I just hope I feel better by Friday for Sean Hannity. Hopefully DH won't get it. We go out, maybe 2-3 times a year....it would just figure.

Lane is cranky and keeps asking me to wipe her nose....."mommy, mommy....nose....hurts....wipe." Brittany keeps getting grossed out at the awesome booger bubbles Lane has leaned to blow. She also says, "mommy, bubbles." It must be miserable to have a runny nose and not know how to wipe or blow your nose...poor thing.

DonnaD: I'm able to type a novel, and only occasionally get kicked off (but that is usually a computer gliche on my end, I think). Maybe you are using the quick reply instead of post a reply.

SuzyB: We are supposed to get rain today too, but doesn't look like anything is brewing yet. Good luck with selling your paintings; that's great.

Deb: I do a lot of driving (in an SUV), but I only fill up twice a week; sometimes 3x, but that is rare. Britt's school is 25 miles each way. It cost me $41 to fill up my tank the other day, and I wasn't even on empty yet. The gas prices are getting ridiculous; they are averaging about $2/gallon here right now. Good news for Michael...that's great! Keep us posted.

Yellow: Good luck to DH with his eye surgery today; please let us know how everything turns out.

Trish: So sorry to hear about your accident....Ouch!!! $5,000! How much is your deductible? I'm glad no-one was hurt. I can see me doing the same thing over a damn bee.

Well, I'm gonna try to go jump on my Ab Scissor while kids watching Blue's Clues.

I'll check in later.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Guys!

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. It was pretty much a day long experience and then my sister stayed with me overnight.

Went to the oncologist at 8:00. She talked about the Chemo treatment, did an exam. We were to come back another day to see a film on Chemo so I asked if we could do it while we were there. They worked us in. The film was useless. We did talk to a nurse who explained a lot of things, then a social worker, and then a nurse who wants you to participate in a study. Had to cut her short as we had to be as the hospital by 11. Here I thought we were going to have 2 hours toi kill. The surgery was no big deal. He gave me about 4 shots to numb it even though I have no feeling in my chest. I watched pretty much the whole thing. Even both my sisters got to stay in there. It was a good time to get to talk to him too. 45 minutes I was out of there and out for lunch.

Today I had to get a mugascan. It tests the strength of your heart muscle. It was no big deal either. Tomorrow is the PCP doc, Thursday is a bone scan and chest xray. Friday back to the plastic surgeon.

Saturday night as I climbed into bed, by DH sprung the news that he had to be out of town all week. I knew all weekend but did not know how to tell me. Well I lost it. I knew he couldn't go with me Monday, but the fact that he would not be here at all to go over things, just set me off. I think I cried until 3:30 Sunday morning. Now I'm not sure if it was him leaving or just a release from this whole ordeal. I know I made him feel terrible. He could hardly leave Monday morning. I feel bad now. I did stick a couple love notes and an apology in his suitcase for him to find later.

I have losts of work to do. Haven't read the posts but I will go back and read them in my spare time.

Deb, glad to see you back. I didn't get to see the clean house, so can't say this was so bad. It will get done. Hope Michael gets the school he really wants. They should start coming in now. Sorry to hear about your GF. Hope is is doing better. I hate that he is alone up there and so far away.

Need to walk a dish down to a friend who had some surgery this morning. I will post the recipe. It is called Chicken Poppy. So good and legal! I always need something to do with chicken.

Need to take this chemo study to my friend the Dr to get his opinion. Too many decisions for me.

Hope to be back later to post.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #24  
Little Engine That Could

Hang in there Jackie. We're pulling for you.

More about my comments on fiber. The basic thing I learned that got my attention, is that without enough fiber we have a greater chance of getting several diseases of the digestive system. For example, irritable Bowel syndrome, diverticular disease, spastic colon, etc. I learned that almost half of Americans have diverticular disease by the time they reach 60, and it is thought that the number will increase even for lower ages. All this, apparently, because our diet contains too many processed foods and not enough fiber. I never even thought about this, in fact, didn't even know about this. With my little bout of tummy trouble my eyes were opened and I am working hard to make sure my diet is healthier than it was, even with all those veggies.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone!! I am still here but have not been able to post since last week because I was out of the office until today. My friend's Grandfather died early Fri. morning and I took off of work most of last week and on Monday to be with her. I was close to him and even though he was 83, it was still very difficult, considering 4 weeks ago he was cutting her grass and painting her house. My eating, as a result, has been not so good. Hospital vending machines usually don't include the best choices.
I hope everyone is well and staying on plan.

JacKK- I would have been just as upset as you given your situation. Good luck at the plastic surgeon on Fri. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Deb- I was cracking up laughing at your email. Thanks for the compliments. I definitely look forward to the next get together. I would love to talk to you anytime. Congrats to Michael.

Mary- I am planning to try and make your crab quiche tonight for my breakfast this week. It was so YUMMY. Glad to hear you are back from your conference and back to your on plan eating. Way to go on all that exercise!!!

Trish- So sorry to hear about your car. I am glad you are OK.

Lyn- Prayers and good thoughts for Ray's surgery. How was your visit with your daughter?

Country- Love the hair!! It looks great on you.

Pancho- I hope Lane is feeling better. How is the ab scissor working?

A big Hello to everyone else.
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:28 PM   #26  

Hey all--
This is just going to be a drive by.......I am trying to get things situated since I will be at the hospital for the next couple of days. Brant's surgery is scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow, but we need to have him there at noon. It will be at least a 3 1/2 hour surgery. His swelling is down and he was just starting to look like himself again. Now he will be all swollen up again from the surgery. Wish us luck.

My furbaby is doing pretty good. He sleeps more than he used to. But we haven't had any more bleeding, and his appetite is good. The meds turned out to be just an anti-inflamitory and they are so hard on the stomach that he has to have 2 Pepcid AC one hour before he takes it. They are also keeping him on the antibiotics for 30 days. This really sucks!!

Eating has been good, I haven't wandered too far off through all of this. Maybe a bit more fat in my diet than I need, but some of the choices I have had lately have not been the best to choose from. If I have to eat more fatty foods, I try to limit the carbs, and make it more like a PP day. I blew out my left bicep again (picking up my niece), so I am not doing any upper body workouts for awhile. I started walking on those days instead.

Hope to be able to let you all know how the surgery went, and am thinking of all of you!!
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:22 PM   #27  

Hi guys: I'm sniffling a bit, but not nearly as miserable as Lane; she now has a fever and feels really rotten. I have to leave her to go to class, and really don't want to, but DH will take care of her.

I hope to get to the gym tomorrow a.m., if I'm feeling better.

Jack-K: Sounds like your schedule is packed, with appts. you'd rather not have to deal with. Hopefully this will all be over soon and behind you and you can concentrate on healing your body and soul. I don't blame you for being upset at DH; he shouldn't have waited so long to tell you. I am sure he understands that you were hurt, and he will be fine once he finds your little letters. Hang in there!!

JackieO: Sorry to hear about DF's GF; any loss is tough no matter what the age. I feel the Ab scissor when I am doing it, but haven't noticed any changes yet, but it is still early. I am going to give it a full month, and then do pictures & measurements. I'll keep you posted.

Teensy: Best of luck to you and your family getting through this surgery. I hope all goes well for Brant and he's back to himself again real soon. Glad your little doggie is hanging in there; hopefully he will for a long while. Hang in there!!

Well, I better go decide what to make for dinner before I leave for school.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:45 PM   #28  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Ladies!

How is everyone! I’ve been playing catch up with my life and I’ve basically just been reading posts but not actually posting! Now that the SB get together is over, we are planning a Honey-Do shower here for Terry’s cousin and future wife. That will be on March 27th – SO – now I’m switching gears to get into that mode.

I spent the weekend in bed with a head cold. Not fun. I had a horrible cough Thursday and Friday and then the snot moved in on Saturday. Luckily we didn’t have plans and I just lounged around and did nothing. It really felt great.

Well, let me catch up on some posts!

WOOD: Sorry to hear that your stomach is feeling yucky! When I feel like that I just want to stay close to home..you never know when that thing is going to erupt! Hope you feel better soon!

DEB: Oh my GAWD! Those pictures of your HOUSE! I would just die! I wanted to clean my house this weekend but I was feeling so bad I didn’t. Now, I don’t feel so bad – after seeing what yours looks like! HAHA! Good luck! How awesome that Michael got accepted to DUKE! I’m so proud and I don’t even know him! HA! As for the gas – I drive a Tahoe and when I fill up it is about $35 but I don’t do the running around that you do. I usually fill up once every week and a half if we don’t do any out of town traveling.

PANCHO: Seems like that yucky crud is making it’s way everywhere! I hope your baby is feeling better soon! As for the massage….that’s cool that there is a school nearby. Do you get to get one for pretty cheap since they are not licensed? I personally don’t like massages- I don’t like to be touched for too long! But, that does sound neat!

MELF: Glad you had a good weekend. Sometimes it just feels good to let all of those emotions out – especially when you have wonderful people around you to comfort you. You know what? I didn’t even get a taste of that quiche!

CHRISD: Good for you with your eating. Your positive attitude shows through your posts. We have a Shapes to Shapes here in Thibodaux but I think there is a Curves in Houma which is a nearby town. I went to Shapes when it first opened but I got tired of going around in the circle!!

COUNTRY: It’s hard to eat well even when you aren’t sick! HAHA! Hope you are feeling up to your ole self soon!

YELLOW: Girl…time to get settled back into your life there don’t you think? I hope the eye surgery went well…I’ll keep your DH in my prayers!

FILLISE: HEY!! Good to see you!

SUZYB: I know how time consuming it is getting things together for the Relay for Life. We used to get a team together for school and it ended up being just a few of us actually doing the work and then everyone else would just show up for the fun. So, needless to say – no one wants to do it anymore! I usually contribute in my mothers name to other people that do participate though. It’s such a worthy cause.

DONNAD: Are you posting in the QUICK REPLY space or what? If you are…it limits you to how much you can post. Well…as I read further I saw that GATOR mentioned the same thing…great minds think alike!

TRISH: OH MY GAWD! I can’t believe it! You must have been going pretty fast to have $5000 damage! Were you in a parking lot or on the road somewhere! I hope you feel better soon! I know you are just depressed about wrecking your baby but I’m just glad that you are ok!

JACK-K: I’m so glad to hear that you are ok after this last procedure. I know that your husband understands why you were upset and you should not have to apologize. You are going through so much right now and you just want him there with you. Your reaction was totally normal. You have been so strong throughout this whole ordeal and it was time for an outburst! You know he felt horrible if he couldn’t even tell you about it! Keep us posted on everything! I love you!

JACKIEO: So sorry to hear about your friends grandfather. That is always so hard! Grandparents are such jewels. It was nice of you to be there for her – I know she really appreciated it. I was wondering if you were just out doing more manly man push ups to work off those 5 pounds!! HA!

TEENSY: Best of luck to Brant tomorrow with his surgery. I know everything will be fine. Is he feeling better? Or is he miserable? I’ve had 2 nose surgeries and that was bad enough – I can’t imagine having the bone shattered! It must be painful! Keep us posted – I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Well, looks like I’m caught up..and just in time for American Idol! I’ll check back tomorrow!

Love ya
Missy
293/286/170
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #29  

Default Thanks for the help....

Gator, Pancho, Debelli, Fruitloupe and all,
Thanks for the help. I was posting in quick reply. I found it easier to scroll up and refer to posts and respond. Then I noticed just now that with post reply I can stroll down, duh!

When I say I'm a beginner on the pc, I mean it. My dh gets a kick out of some the obvious questions I ask. Hard to beleive I use a puter at work.

Again thanks all,
DonnaD aka Talulla
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #30  
Bustin' Buddy

DONNAD: I write my post in word and then copy and paste it into the reply section on the board. It's very easy to go back and forth on the board that way. Just a thought!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote