Above your neckline (really short) 5 20.00%
At your neckline (short) 8 32.00%
About shoulder length 4 16.00%
Past your shoulder, but above your waist 6 24.00%
Below your waist but above your butt 1 4.00%
Past your butt 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #31  

Ok fruitloupe, I doing it now. Hope it works.
Thanks
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #32  

Ok, it worked, but no cute little smileys. : (
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #33  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

HEART: I'm not a Taurus but I like the reading. I hope it fits some of us too. A good MM.

WOOD: Glad you are going to the doctor, there is only so much we can do ourselves. I'm curious where you live. I think I told you I'm familiar with the Newburgh area, used take DD to swim meets there, allergist visits, and Depression Glass Show.
It's just to hear of things in common.

Tuesday: Yesterday was busy. Entertained, went to the orthopaedic doctor, and went to the Russian Folk Festival Show, which was enjoyable. The doctor has me scheduled for an MRI on the shoulder. Wants to be sure rotator cuff is not torn and that it is just calcium deposit and severe arthritis. If it's calcium it will be arthroscopy to clean it out, if the cuff is torn a little more extensive surgery. I don't want it to freeze up, so do range of motion as far as I can and then passive or assisted range of motion. He was pleased about that. MRI is next Monday. The nurse asked if I am claustrophobic, if I am they would prescribe a sedative. I told her I had gotten through MRI on my back. Now I am wondering.......I think they would have to put you further in the machine to get the shoulder. Don't know if that will bother me or not. Guess we'll find out!

Went to the NH home today (because of entertaining I don't go the first Monday as usual, go on Tuesday instead. One of the ladies came rolling in and said 'My you have lost some weight!" from her mouth to God's ear!

Also had Bible Study this afternoon. It was really good. Had a lot of discussion on the Passion, ones who have seen it sat it is a must see.

DEBBIE: Good to see a real post from you. Glad your storage bin saga is over. It must have been difficult to visit your GF, we notice more things when we don't see someone as often as we would like. Especially notice getting older. My one set of grandparents lived a distance, (I was in PA and they were in FL) I was stunned to see the changes when I visited. Sounds like Michael received a preacceptance acceptance! Hey! We're all here to help you pressthe switch to that little light. We all know what a tough battle it is and know this has been the best way to win it.

PANCHO: Hope Lane is better. You'll get back to your routine of exercise because you want to. It will come.

MELF: Glad the intervention worked. He ought to get into some therapy, sometimes once is not enough for a cure. Our psychologist always said you should take any threat of suicide seriously. It is a cry for help and am glad your DDs were able to show him that he is important. Keep him in my prayers. Thanks for psting recipe. I am having YAH here on the 19th for lunch and games, wanted to make the quiche.

COUNTRY: How upbeat you sound, glad things are going so well.

YELLOW: It is wonderful to have company but always the clean-up afterwards. Will keep your DH in prayers.

SUZY: I hope your sales go well. I used to sell my Xst at a craft store in NY and they took 25% too, and that was about 9 years ago. It gave me an excuse to keep stitching. Not that I really need an excuse!

TRISH: So glad you weren't hurt! Good for not not eating afterwards.

JACKK: We are all pulling for you. Sometimes it only takes one thing to set us off as we are so close to the brink. It's not necessarily anyone's fault, just the nature of things. Your DH understood. Prayers are with you.

ASHLEY: How was your Oscar party. You weren't 100% positive about your costume, who did you dress as? Sorry about your friend's GF. She is fortunate to have a friend like you.

TEENSY: Prayers for Brant.

FRUIT: Hope you feel better. Sometimes we need a day to lounge around and recharge our batteries!

DONNA: It's a snap using Wordpad to answer posts as you read them and then copy and paste. I always copy as I cut one time and computer went down and I lost it. Remember to save as you go along. After posting I delete ready to start the next time. I miss the smileys too, but this way seems to work best if you have a post of any length.

Okay time to quit. Goodnight.

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #34  

Default Good WIW morning!

Oh the vagaries of the scale! And how our moods change with the swing of the needle, or the flisker of the numbers! I'm in a good mood today, why? because the numbers went down! 212! The exercise really does help...
I'm still on the restricted diet, rice for dinner is really just so boring(even when it's brown rice). But it seems to be helping with everything else, so I'll keep it up thru the end of the week.

Shirley - I remember you saying that you used to come to Newburgh. We live in Poughkeepsie, I've been here most of my life. It's the small world thing
I looked into selling my crochet at a consignment store, but what people were willing to spend, what I wanted to get for my work, and the % that the store wanted to take, just didn't make it worth my while. But I understand that for many people, it's a great option. There's a consignment store in one of the malls thats called Crafters' Gallery(or something like that), and the stuff in there is just beautiful! I've exhibited my work at a couple of the county fairs around here, have you ever done that? It can be a pain, but it's fun when there's a ribbon involved Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope that it's the lesser of two evils.

Talulla - we were/are all newbies at one time or another. And just because you use a computer at work doesn't mean that you know all the ins ans outs. I work with people like that every day

To everyone else, hope that your WIW goes well, and may your day be OP

Barbara
270/212/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #35  

Hey everyone!!! Im back. My parents just left
It was a great visit. They live in Virginia and I live in Georgia.
Eating was great while they were here. I didnt get my water in or my exercise though so the scale didnt budge this morning

I havent had time to read all the posts, just skimmed through so please forgive me if i pass by you.

Deb- great to see you back...hope things get back to normal for you soon

Jack- omg with all your appt's and your hubby being gone...bless your heart.
Im glad your surgery went well. Hope your feeling good.

I remember kids being sick and stuff but not sure who was who so ill catch up with yall later.

Hubby needs the puter, bye bye
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:55 AM   #36  

Good Weigh-in-Wednesday: I was at 122# this morning. I did not go to the gym because I feel like crap. I started feeling really bad halfway through my class last night, but stuck it out. I got home and made a cup of Theraflu and climbed into a hot bathtub and then to bed. Britt woke up in the middle of the night complaining of a sore throat, so she is getting it too. Lane is on the mend though; thank Goodness.

fruit: You little hostess, you! The Honey-Do shower sounds like it would be a fun party to plan; good luck putting it together. I caught your cold; everytime I yawn, I feel like my ears are gonna pop. The massage school charges $30 for a full hour; which is great. They cannot accept tips either. One time that I went, they had $10 off, so I got an hour for $20, and as I was leaving, they asked if I wanted a complimentary one. They sometimes have 2 for 1 specials too.

Sef: Good luck with the MRI; I hope it is nothing too serious. Please keep us posted.

Wood: Glad the numbers are down; mine are up. Keep up the great work on the exercise.

Vmoore: Glad you enjoyed your parents; it must have been sad to see them leave.

Well, the kiddos are up and needing me, so I better run.

Take care!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wiw

Barbara, I agree about the scales. A down scale can sure lift your spirits. I lost two pounds this week so down to 155..woo hoo. The Christmas weight is gone. It took 8 weeks to get off 4 weeks worth of weight gain.

Nat...sorry that you are feeling poorly. I hope it leaves before your planned night out.

DonnaD...howdy. I can't remember if I said hello yet. Please forgive me. I have a gazzillion things going on at once over here.

Jack-K...((((hugzzz)))) I would be upset if Robert had to leave also. You have a big week ahead of you. I'm sure your hubby understands. And the little love notes will heal any wounds. My prayers are with you both. It can't be easy for either of you.

Colleen...praying for your son this morning. WTG staying OP with all the stress going on. I hope your arm heals quickly.

Sef..praying they don't have to do too extensive of a surgery on your shoulder.

Vmoore....WTG with eating good with your parents around. My mom has a way of drawing me off plan...LOL

Fruit...hope you feel better soon.

Love and hugs to everyone. I've been sitting here far too long.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #38  
Goddess

Hey all!! Another drive y, I'm afraid that's all I'm going to be able to do for awhile. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you!
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #39  

Hi,

My you gals are great to think about Ray and me and wish us well with your thoughts and prayers. The surgery went just fine and I got my boy home to rest yesterday. Ray and I just returned from the eye doctor's this morning after a checkup and he got a good report. The eye is still swollen, so, the doctor did not get a good reading from the pressure. They hope to have it down in the teens and it is still 21. We will go in again on Friday and see how it is looking. Ray's doctor (and surgeon) will be out of town and another doctor in the office will need to check the pressure and laser one of the stitches if the pressure is not down by then. Ray is feeling a little woozie headed because of the difference in the seeing distance of the two eyes but hopefully that will improve as soon as his brain gets use to the mono vision effect. Also, this will only be for 3 weeks when he gets the other eye done, and the lenses will be the same strength.

I know this is an "it's all about me" report but I must go and fill a prescription for Ray. I will return later and send the individual message you all deserve.
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #40  
Little Engine That Could

Donna--You can do the smileys in Word, but you do it a different way. Instead of having the little symbol to click on, just make a chart for yourself of what you have to type in for the smiley. For example a colon + the word "devil" + another colon gives you the little devil smiley face. Just typing a colon and the right parenthesis gives you the regular smiley face. So use your chart and type in what you need for the smiley face you want. That way, you can use your word processing program, get your smileys and you wont have to worry about losing a post. Plus, it's easier to reply to individual messages that way.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:40 PM   #41  

Hey! I am still on plan with my eating but have not felt like exercising. What's up with that? I meet with my trainer tommorrow, so hopefully she can kick my butt into gear. I have not been feeling too great...kinda crampy and a lower back ache. It seems as though a lot of peeps on the board are sick. (nat, crystle,shirley). I hope you all feel better soon!!!!
Shirley- For the oscars party i went as Charlize from Monster. I wore some raggedy blue jeans, a heavy metal rock t shirt from 1987, high heels, and a green trucker hat. I also exaggerated some dark circles under my eyes. I looked pretty authentic! We had a good time, but I did not win the contest of guessing the most awards. I still can't believe Lord of the Rings got every award it was nominated for. It made the ceremony BORING. Oh well, i have the Tony awards to look forward to in June. Don't know what I will dress like for that!!!
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Didn't get back on here like I thought. TOday was a visit to the PCP doc. I really liked her. She spent about an hour with me. Had lunch with a friend and finally got my nail put back on. I'm starting to feel human again. Also the reason for so many typos. Going to dinner at a friend's house. Don't know what I would do w/o all my friends. Tommorrow I may not be on. My bone scan should take about 4 or more hours.

Ashley, sorry to hear about your friend's GF. They don't have to be family to be part of your heart. You will get back into exercising. That trainer will kick your butt. Your party sounds like alot of fun.

Teensy, prayers for your DS' surgery. Glad your puppy is better too.

Pancho, hope Lane feels better soon and you too.

Fruit, sorry you have a cold. Hope it is better soon. Girl you are always busy.

Donna, glad you are getting the hang of posting.

Sef, Good luck on your MRI. I don't think they are bad. Mine was open at the head and feet and wasn't bad at all. Good luck.

Woodfrogs, congrats on the loss. Exercise does help.

VMoore, glad you had a nice visit with your parents.

Country, Great on the 2 lbs. I knew it would come off.

YellowRose, Glad Ray is doing good. Still sending prayers your way.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:08 PM   #43  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello peeps!

The boards sure are slow lately! We are going out for boiled crawfish tonight to celebrate my friend Annette's birthday (which was Monday). I'm looking forward to the visit with them...we always laugh so much! I have to be home to watch American Idol at 7:30 though...I'm so hooked on that!

YELLOW: So glad to hear that Ray's surgery went well. It really must feel funny to have different vision - it will take a while to get used to that!

JACKIEO: The party sounded like fun! I don't really get into watching all of those award shows too much. If there's nothing else on..I'll watch them. I don't really go to the movies much and see all of those nominated for awards - so I don't really appreciate the whole process I guess.

JACK-K: Good luck tomorrow with the bone scan. Let us know how everything goes if you can.

WOOD: Congrats on the loss! I'm so proud of you! woohoo!

SHIRLEY: I hope that you aren't going to feel too cooped up in that MRI machine! Good luck with everything!

VMOORE: Glad you had a good visit with your parents!

PANCHO: WTG On the loss! I hope you feel better soon!

DONNAD: I usually add any smilies after I paste it into my reply space.

Well, you all have a wonderful evening!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #44  

I found agave nectar for $6.75 for 23.5 ozs. Is that a good price, they had it in the health food store. I can hardly wait to try it out in baking.

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:49 PM   #45  

Angry

Goodevening everyone!!

The day was a long boring one, all quiet with my parents gone.

Jack: Good luck on your bone scan. We will be thinking of you.

Wood and Pancho: Congrats on your weight loss. I didnt lose any this week due to no water or exercise. I didnt do exercise today either....a few days away and its sooo hard to get back to it. So congrats again!!

I hope all of you with colds arent contagious. Im beginning to think so. It seems everyone on the board is getting it...lol

Well i have to get ready for American Idol...im hooked to!!
Then the OC comes on. I just love that show.

Hope all is well with everyone. Sorry my post havent been very personal lately. I havent really had time with my parents here, but I should be getting back to normal now.

Valerie
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote