1950's 10 28.57%
1960's 10 28.57%
1970's 7 20.00%
1980's 1 2.86%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #106  

Hey everyone, just popping in for a quick read. No time for individual post today. Been out in the Greenbluff Orchards picking Granny Smith Apples. Don't know if I will go back for more, but picked 33 lbs this morn. Got dh some Hubbard Squash for his dinner, I will have some of my Spaghetti Squash instead. Dh is supposed to see about me picking some pears too.
I hope that you all have a great weekend and I will be back when I have more time.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:50 PM   #107  

Hi Everyone,

I have been just absolutely swamped. I am *so* tickled to be below 220 lbs. I am very motivated. I have stayed OP, even with the stress and that is an achievement since Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread Men just march right into my mouth when I am stressed. If I can just get the poster and slides done without resorting to sugar, I will be pleased with myself.

I *did* get the flight & hotel for New Orleans finally. 25,000 scientists descending on New Orleans makes both items scarce. Now I will have to solicit eating recommendations from fellow board members. I want to eat OP in New Orleans. The meeting will be stressful enough with presentations, and job interviews to deal with sugar mania-depression.

About the SB get together, I may not be able to make it this time. I will be rather busy with traveling for job interviews (hopefully!) and science meetings. I have just been invited to speak at a second meeting, in January! This one goes on the CV too!

Question about pasta—is only stoned ground whole wheat pasta legal ? Any other pastas legal? I have some really good recipes that need pasta. Thanks!

Deb! I *know* exactly how you feel about ice cream! My downfall is Haagen Daas ---scrumptious Coffee or Vanilla flavor. My only saving grace is that I am cheap penny pincher who won’t pay over $7.00 for a half gallon of ice cream. So I always buy the little tubs, and now that Bill is around, we share that. Although I COULD eat all of it at once…… And I have eaten Haagen Daas all over the world - in Paris (wonderful little boutiques—but it was $10 a pint!), in Heidelberg, in Rome & Venice (although gelato was irresistible too), in Switzerland & Sweden, and in Tokyo (where I bought the little tubs in vending machines outside the Golden Pagoda). I have mentioned that I obsess about food right? And that I navigate by food right?

Hi Maggie! Loved reading your post! I echo your sentiments! I too have been very excited by getting back OP with SB & with finding this group of other people using the WOE. I have been finding the weight coming off a bit slower than you, but I think progress on this WOE is individual. Keep up the good work!

Pancho! Great imagery “I used to always think I was short waisted, but I guess I was just long boob-ed. “ On the subject of losing weight and breast size. I am currently and have been for a long time, a 40DD. Even when I weighed 135 in university/graduate school, I was at best a 38DD. I too, have considered a breast reduction now and again, because it makes buying shirts & blouses complicated. But mostly because when I run or ride a horse, the extra weight can be very painful. (And probably funny looking too, to any spectators. Especially out of sync. ) I have decided to reach my goal weight of 130 before seriously considering this. By the way, this is probably the first ‘real’ conversation I have had about this subject since I usually get responses like : “Well, you’re fat/overweight/obese so they will be that size. Lose weight.” Or “Men love big boobs.” Fine, I may not. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences about having or considering this method.

On the subject of Christmas shopping, I am about half done, and the difficult half too!! I found such interesting items while visiting Berlin Germany and Glasgow/Edinburgh Scotland last month. These are perfect gifts for my future inlaws, my older sister and her family and my assorted friends. I even got 2 birthday gifts since two nephews requested football (read soccer) shirts. Just my dear Bill’s gifts to get, and that will take some planning and execution.

Gotta run, and make a legal dinner!

Ciao!
Emma

234/218/135
Old 10-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys! Well, I've been OP today. I was yesterday also, but over did it on everything. The result- woke up all puffy-faced. I decided to face the metal monster and I'm at 181! UGH I actually thought it might have been a pound or 2 more. Hopefully, I'll be back down a couple by next WIW. I did get up this morning and did my 3 mile tape. Going to my exercise class at the church early in the morning. So that will be 4 days of exercise this week Next week, I will aim for 5 days. My supper wasn't that nutritous, and on the starchy side. I had a ham n cheese sandwich and a NSA klondike bar. I didn't feel like cooking. The only veggie I've had today was 2 slices of tomato on my sandwich I'm working on it- at least I had some fruit. Right now, I'm in a stressed mood. I'm ticked at hubby for frivously spending money(on hisself) that we don't have. And the kids have been their absolute worst today. Went to Walmart this evening and Boogie was screaming and throwing a tantrum, then Miss Ashley decided to have a hearing problem with me and when I grabbed her by her arm to get her attention, she started yelling and saying "you're hurting my arm, you're squeezing it too tight!"-- I wasn't even squeezing her arm! I was so embarrassed and then upset with her. I got home and told hubby and told him to take care of it, I was stressed enough. He gave her a good old-fashioned lecture and spanking. She definetly needed it today. Then Boogie got in trouble for his hitting on me and his sister. I needed some time to myself, so I'm in the bedroom "talking" to you guys. Man, this is like therapy Oh, yea- talking about ABC DISTR, I got most of Ashley's Xmas ordered thru them. I'm redoing her bedroom in the girl's Daisy Collection. I think she'll really like it. I got Boogie's on layaway at Walmart. I can't believe I'm paying $40 for a Hulk remote control car Really, cars and trucks are about the only things he likes, oh, and guns. Typical boy. PANCHO- I'll say a prayer for you and make a prayer request in the morning at church. I need to get to the doc myself and keep putting it off because I don't have insurance or the money. I have 2 "places" on my legs that don't look right and I'm scared it might be cancerous. Anyway, speaking of church, I can't believe I'm getting "involved." I think I might make it my home church. They're having a barbeque this Sunday. Cooking 6 pigs,potato salad and all kinds of illegal food. At least it will be early in the day, I'll try and not make a of myself..definelty will have a light supper that night. The exercise class I go to plays Christian music. I like it, although it's different for me. It's actually starting to grow on me. Anyway, she always plays the same songs, so I was wondering about buying a Christian music tape to bring. Problem is, I don't know any of the singers/groups out there. I'm looking more for Christian Contemporary. Something upbeat that you can have a good workout with. Any suggesstions? Well, I've rattled on and on goodnite!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #109  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey kids!

I'm happy to report that the SB get together has been approved by my hubby! But, if we have more than 11 show - some will need to buddy up and get a room. He says that he doesn't want an overcrowded house so that he can still have some guy TV time and stuff! So, I agreed! I'm just so happy that he said YES! And it's during Mardi Gras so it will be so fun!

Other than that - not much else to report. Have lots of school work to do this weekend- report cards go out next week and I have a formal observation on Monday. So, I want to get my report cards done so that I don't have to worry about them on Monday.

My sister is coming to visit tomorrow - she hasn't been here in a while so she needs to see all of the work that we have recently done. Mind you...she just lives 45 mins away but she is always toting her children around and rarely has time for herself. We are hoping to go see Runaway Jury tomorrow. It is a John Grisham book that is now a movie. It was filmed in New Orleans. Many of the news people from channel 4 (which I watch every morning) have parts in the show playing - newscasters! Go figure. So, I'm looking forward to seeing the show. Also, my friends that are in the band that we always go to see have their picture in the movie. It is actually on the wall in a room where they are filming. So, that should be kind of neat to see.

We will also do some cleaning around the house this weekend. I've got our faculty Christmas party here again this year. So, I've got to start getting things organized, etc. My bushes around my gazebo need to be trimmed, etc. So, hopefully we have some "cool" weather to work in. We are also putting up baseboards in the house.

I'm going to try to post the pics from New orleans. I hope that I can get them done tonight. If not - I'll do them Sat. or Sunday!

Well, I'm going to run.....hello to everyone! Sorry I didn't post to everyone individually - but I've got work to do!! Busy, busy, busy!

Missy
286/274.5/170
Old 10-17-2003, 09:57 PM   #110  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok - I'm going to try to attach the first one. This one was taken by Terry - and he didn't get close enough to us. So, we are kind of hard to see - a little blurry.

If it works we are in this order from l to r:

Ashley(JACKIEO), Missy (FRUITLOUPE), and Jackie (JACK-K)
Old 10-17-2003, 10:00 PM   #111  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok - here's one that I took of the group. From l to r:

Jackie (JACK-K), Terry (FRUIT'S HUBBY) and Ashley (JACKIEO)
Old 10-17-2003, 10:02 PM   #112  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok - now doesn't Terry look like he is having a blast! HAHA! He's so shy y'all - if you only knew! And here I am making him pose with 2 ladies he just met in Pat O'Brien's in the French Quarter! HAHAHA! Oh well, he survived! He really needed to shave! LOL!

Night for now!

Missy
Old 10-18-2003, 06:53 AM   #113  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning All

Just a quickie as I get ready to hunt down some bargains at garage sales today. Will be back later to read the board and catch up with replies.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 10-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #114  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok - I'm pissed this morning! I was up 2 pounds and I didn't cheat! I even passed on Halloween cookies, cookie cake and my usual Friday White Russian Daiq. I'M SO MAD!

Ok - just had to vent - thanks...I feel much better now!

Missy
286/276.5/170
Old 10-18-2003, 09:52 AM   #115  

FRUIT: I often am up first thing in the morning, but after getting up and moving around some, the water retention thing goes away, naure takes it course, so to speak, and I am down a few pounds. Don't get discouraged. Its the week to week average that matters, not the day to day.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:44 AM   #116  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY ON THE WEST COAST OF FLA!!!

The weather is absolutely beautiful, no humidity, and the temp is
in the low 70's....wish I was an outside flower person, I would work in my yard!

Got my wake up call fromthe Dungeon Mistress this morning and we had a good chat! She was on her yard sale march and
was about to head home for the day.

I slept so good last night, and I honestly believe it's because Skeeter is back where he belongs! He's in his little box in the living room where he spent most of his time on his pillow and it just feels right....As Kimmy put it to me this morning, closure!

I've watched two movies so far and both were great!

HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE
THE INLAWS

If you've not seen them....GET THEM...they are so funny!

Not much planned for the day, I've got my usual football games starting at 12:30pm and will be tuned in throughout the day.
Hope EVERYONE'S team wins today!

FRUIT..... A BIG THANKS TO TERRY!!!!! He won't be sorry...I'll talk up some football with him while I'm there and he'll realize that
we're just normal people ???????

Gotta go.....HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!

BOB
Old 10-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #117  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Thursday the NH, did wash and then there was an HFH meeting. Yesterday, 2 hours of exercise via swimming and and Sit/Fit class. Made supper and was too pooped to do anything else. Today have been to a PW board mtg and this afternoon am going to a Barbershop Quartet Concert ay Loyola (which I always mispronounce!)

I have to learn to say NO! Too many things are doubling up and require a lot of writing, means a lot of time at computer, which is a pain, really. Let's see what do I give up? Can't skip exercing! Really love the NH and Joyful Noise! Habitat is really worthwhile! Choir needs anyone they can get! Comes right down to it, I wouldn't miss PW very much, but I'm sort of obligated now and some people would be very disappointed with me. So unless I get some gumption, I'm stuck with what I got. Just say no to anything else!

TEENSY: I so indentify with you when I was younger. I always made "goodie bags" for friends. Once I did it for all 60 patients in the facility and then staff demanded equal treatment! My specialty was a moist fruit cake made w/ applesauce and real pound cake. Not to mention cookies. Also was always canning and freezing anything that came down the Pike!

PANCHO: Prayers are going up for you. One of the hardest things is not knowing and worrying. Whne I was working we ordered regularly from ABC. I was always pleased with their products and we all loved their prices!

FRUIT: Glad you don't have the virus, from things I've heard around here there is a growing epidemic in our area. Pics were great thanks for posting them!

CEEJAY: Welcome, this is a wonderful board and you will get the support and answers we all need.

Oh by the way! I'm still OP! TADA!!!!!!!!

Got to get dressed for concert.

Take care, Shirley
Old 10-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #118  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Saturday Morning!

It's a gorgeous day here in East Central Alabama. Too bad my allregies won't let me enjoy it. I gave away my ticket to today's game so I could stay home and rest. Belle and I have been very snuggly this morning!

I did go to the grocery store last night and stocked up on good food. I have fresh salmon in the fridge for dinner tonight and I will make my first pot of chili for the season tomorrow. I also loaded up on some chicken breasts for the coming week. A fresh loaf of WW bread is working in the machine now--so I should be set for the week!

BOB--I'm so glad that Skeeter is home where he belongs! It must be comforting to have him back in the house with you! Today's kind of icky as far as football goes--at least on TV here. Maybe I'll actually get something productive done here today!

Monet--I'm with you, I always drop a little bit on the scale after I've been up for a while. Sounds like you have some good goals for working--that should help to make the WWof theW a little more bearable!

Fruit--I loved the pictures!!!! It looks like y'all were having a good time--especially DH!!!

Heart---Yeah to you and Boo to your DH! Men--honestly they just don't get it sometimes! I'm sure they say that about us too! You are much farther ahead on Christmas than I am. I haven't bought the first present and I've usually got a few piled away by now.

Emma3--You shouldn't have any problem finding OP food to eat in NO since that's where SB was born--but of course the real test is resisting all that other stuff that's out there! Cause it's all delish.

Jackie--I hope your cold gets better soon! Mine seems to be getting worse too! It's no fun is it?

Pancho--I will certainly keep you in my prayers! I'm sure it is nothing, but it is always nice to know for sure.

JackieO--"If we could turn back time. . . "

CeeJay--Welcome back! Yup BOB and I are nutso about our borther's little ones so you are in good company. I have two nieces that are the joy of my life. Being an aunt is a special treat--the girls see me as an adult--but not a parent--so we don't have all the issues they are having with their parents now (one is a teenager and the other is about to be). Plus I spoil them rotten.

Deb--I hope the yard sales are good to you today!!!!! And I hope you find a good nuker. I second the Sharp recommendation--that's what I have. Mine's well more than 10 years old and working fine. My DM's has been in operation for close to 20 years and still works great!

I hope everyone has a good OP day!

Susan
Old 10-18-2003, 03:50 PM   #119  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Have to agree with Susan about the games....ALTHOUGH....the OLE MISS vs BAMA has been a good one...I'm not watching it....don't have to...all I have to do is listen to KATE!!!

Got some gound beef out to throw on the grill for supper. AND I've decided to fry up some chicken legs tomorrow...I know...I know...maybe I'll do an oven fry instead....ALSO going to fix some PINTO beans tomorrow...good for the fiber..BUT...that will call for CORNBREAD for KATE.....

BUCS play tomorrow, and I know that CHRIS and KATE will be tuned it....

Gonna watch the last two movies tonight...can't wait to see the ITALIAN JOB. The other one NORMAL is from the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL..it's about a man who is married and suddenly woke up one morning and decided to be a woman! Jessica Lange plays his wife...it's a true storey and the real couple have been on OPRAH with their story. They are still together, but raising their children as two women! Should be interesting.....

WELL...gotta go

BOB
Old 10-19-2003, 12:18 AM   #120  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Finally able to get on here and post, or at least start one. I've been running all day.

Yesterday I went with my friend DEBBY up to Broward. It was a lats minute decision to go and it was a bit late, but we went anyhow. I've been trying to get her to go anywhere with me for years so I figured I better do it while the iron was hot. Long story, but in a nutshell, has 2 teenage boys, always does EVERYTHING for them (maybe wipe their butts as well), good reason, problem kids, well, more the older one, getting in to lots of trouble. She has a lot of medical problems, many brought on by stress which the kids make worse, you get the pic. I've known here since MICHAEL was about 1 yr old, met at a Mommy and Me class long ago. Anyhow, we had a nice time, short, but nice. She LOVED Ole Ole

Didn't sleep well, very restless night, had a dull headache. Anyhow, went to some garage sales today, not many and not much out there. Someone had these gorgeous chairs, the kind you flop in and don't want to get out of, a Mary Englebreit style print, sorta whimsical, just my taste. Unfortunately, I can't use them, and no one else I know could either, so I missed out. Perfect condition, $40 for both - killed me to walk away from them! Got a Yankee Candle, the pilar ones, new for .25cents. Got my sister 2 bags of size 1 diapers, 40 to a bag, both bags $1, a huge box of plastic cutlery (about 300-325 pieices) for $2 and a few other odds and ends, but nothing exciting at all

OMG, I forgot to tell you, I almost died the other day when I went to the HFS! I go to where the pot pies are and on the label I see the letters DISC! So I go find someone in that dept (almost burst through the back room) and asked if it meant what I thought it meant and yes, the store (not the company) is not going to carry them! I couldn't believe it. Now, the turkey didn't say DISC, but the chicken did - go figure The guy THINKS he can special order them for me by the case, which isn't a problem since there's only 6 in a case, but they won't have them on the shelf any longer - bought the last 3 they had!!! I hate when stores do that crap!

Watched some of the movies that I got from the library yesterday before they had to go back - RED DRAGON & rest of ABOUT SHMIDT. We started TORTILLA SOUP and we still have TITUS and LIAR LIAR to watch. They have a few things on hold for me as well but I won't get them til Monday, have no time to watch them all. They have ROAD TO PERDITION, 25TH HOUR & DIE ANOTHER DAY waiting for me. Wanted to keep DRUMLINE, but will get that one again - may buy it, love it!

Tomorrow we have my niece's birthday party around 4pmish. AINSLEY is so excited to be turning 6! My BIL is doing the grill and my DS ordered bagels. I'll probably have a bit of ice cream for dessert but no cake. Funny how I can contain myself at someone else's house, but not my own If I'm lucky I'll eat enough regular food that I'll be so stuffed that when I go eat the ice cream I'll barf it up, so it will not even be a problem

MICHAEL went today to be tested for MENSA. There was only one other HS student there, the rest were old nerds. He thinks he failed miserably. Won't know results for a few weeks he says. Why he'd want to do that is beyond me, though he claims it helps getting scholarships We had him tested in Kindergarten, his IQ was 134. I wonder if they change?

Okay, on to some replies while I can...

TRISH, that's great that you'll be joining us at the next SB GET TOGETHER!! It wouldn't be the same without you! Now I have to come up with some new ideas, though I'll keep some of the old that were fun. Hmmm, since it's MG time, we'll have to try and find some MG type stuff to wear when we see FRUIT on her float. I had something in mind when we first started talking about this idea, but I don't think many would wear a pecker mask! I like Cost Plus for the interesting foods, don't care much about the other areas of the store, just point me to the back of the store Now, with TJ'S, not only should you pack an extra suitcase, but you should buy one of their insulated bags, they are THE BEST! Then, you can throw in some of their wonderful frozen stuff and it will stay good til you get home (granted you don't get stuck somewhere unexpectedly.) Even more so if you are privy to some ice! Wish I could go with you!!!!

COUNTRY, sure, I could seperate my ice cream in portions, not a problem, well, yes, there would be a problem - I'd have a helluva lot of extra dishes to wash in just one day!!! Hey, are you gonna have TRISH come bring your butt to LA - you should try and give it a lot of thought about coming!!!!

HEART, well, as I can see it, MS isn't THAT far from LA, is it? We can roll the DD right up to your front door, snag your butt and kidnap you! As for the boobs, remember, we've had kids and they can do a number on you, mentally and physically! Hope BOOGIE doesn't give you a shiner!!! Girl, if you even THINK you might have a problem with those 2 spots, get your butt to the Dr. pronto! Don't worry about the money, just go!!!

BOB, glad I got to talk to you today How were those other 2 movies you were suppose to watch?

SEF, if you DON'T come to the SB GET TOGETHER you best believe we'll come to you and hunt you down, kidnap your arse and drag it back to FRUIT'S house with us - you sure don't want to scare the crap out of everyone as we haul you away, now do you. Better make those plans once we give the dates. I'm counting on meeting you FINALLY!!!!

TEENSY, CONGRATS on your loss this week! You're almost there girlfriend, how awesome!!!! I hope you heed your own words, as I said the same thing but slipped backwards a bit. Use me as an example of what NOT to do Ummm, how in the world can you be so tiny and be an E cup? I never even heard of an E cup!

PANCHO, OMG, I can't believe your DH doesn't know about us - why? Why don't you tell him? Gawd forbid something should ever happen to you and all of a sudden we don't hear from you anymore we'd wonder! My family has instructions to let anyone know if something happens, then again, if there's no board up on Monday, you all would know something's happened somewhere along the lines with me! I don't know if there's anyone else on the board who's family doesn't know about us but this is the first time I've heard of someone. Do you really think he'd think we were all whacked? Now, what the heck is this lump all about? I hope and pray it's nothing serious. I had a lump in my head and it had to be taken out, thank goodness it wasn't anything but it worried me a bit, esp. as it kept growing. When will they know more about what it may be, or be from?

FRUIT, I am ROTFLMAO with your trots and stinky stall story!!! You are too much! As I read, I keep laughing! Oh boy, remind me to tell you that ELI story I have - I know if BOB appreciated it you surely will too!! Remind me NOT to bring any lima beans to the SB GET TOGETHER!!! Speaking of which, time to give up the pooty and the booty to DH - tell him THANK YOU - he won't regret it and may even ask us to come back again!!!! I'll be in touch for/with more details - that is, if I can ever find you at home Did you and your DS have a good time today? Does she live near you? Will we get to meet her? Is she crazy as a loon like you? How was the movie?

JEC, thought about you when CLAY was singing the National Anthem at the World Series I'm sure those oatmeal cookies didn't harm you any, as long as it was just that time and you don't do like me and eat them day in, day out.

AGAPE, hope you were able to get some sleep and didn't have a re-occuring DEBBIE night! Leave those to me, you don't need them. Hope you had a nice visit with DS and the GK!!!

MAGGIE, you are doing wonderfully. Yes, you CAN get down again. Maybe it will be 125, maybe a tad more, or even a tad less. I had only once in my life gotten to my "goal weight" of 129, but with SB I actually saw 118, though I was more comfortable at 122. I hadn't seen this weight since elementary school. Then again, I think I must of just skipped over that weight in elementary school! If I can do it, ANYONE can. Now I have to convince myself to do it again. Before you know it you will be in new territory, or is it old territory - guess it's all up to how you look at it. Whatever the case, you're headed in the right direction and doing it in the most healthy way you can - CONGRATS!!!!

CHRIS, glad you were able to get to the HFS today and find some of the goodies though I'm sure you probably would of done more damage if DOMINIC hadn't been with you, maybe it's a good thing he was. Did you ask them about the agave by the case? I was surprised that you told me they had the Nana's there because they don't carry them at the store near me. Now that I know they can get them I'll ask them to order some. Look for the Sunflower as I told you. What else did you buy? Did you make the cheesecake with the chocolate? Dying to know how it turned out if you did!! Give yor DS a high-five for me on the Publix peppermint ice cream Remind me to tell you the story.

JACKIE, it was sooo nice to finally put a name and a face together. A blond I see! I wish the pics were closer. Oh well, NEXT TIME be ready for your close up shot Did you go to the CHER concert? Did you and your GM have a good time? Details!!!

CEEJAY, welcome back, glad you decided to come back and join us.

FILLISE, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope today is better for you. Sounds like you are running yourself a bit ragged. LOL! You are too much - spaying!!! LOL!!

MONET, hope you too are feeling better. Sounds like LAURA will be in a tough program. That's great she'll be able to have some college credits. That's one reason I want MICHAEL to go to a state university. With his credit from HS he can skip his Freshman year of college, but out of state probably not-of course, having him closer to home is another reason why. MICHAEL is taking more SAT'S on Nov. 1st.

JACKK, WOW! I just don't know how to handle seeing ANOTHER picture of you. Here I ***** and moan about seeing a pic and I get 2 within about a months time It's nice to see another one, really. Did you cut your hair since the wedding, or is it pulled back. Do I remember correctly that your hair was longer in the picture from the wedding without having to go back and check to see how bad my memory really is? Looking like you and JACKK were REALLY trying to convince TERRY in letting us have our get together there - between two SB WOMEN - of course he was going to say YES after that!!!!

EMMA, that's great you are not eating through the stress. I believe once you get out the sugar that you won't stress eat like you use to. I was totally OP for almost 2 years straight and not even stress bothered me, but once I let the sugar creep back in on an every day basis, that's when I started to have troubles, so just heed my warnings and don't make the same mistakes I did.

Well, since I started this post I've had the house all to myself this evening. After we picked up LAUREN at the mall -and by the way, MICHAEL drove up and back AND he drove a small stretch on the expressway - yes, DM was white -knuckled the entire time-LAUREN went to babysit and MICHAEL went out with some friends. I spent most of the evening in his bedroom trying to get it somewhat organized. The child has way too many papers. He's already filled up 1 huge trash bag and I found more that filled up 2 boxes that I am going to make him go through. It's getting better but his bed has crap all over it. He'll sleep right next to all the crap too before doing anything with it - that's what I get for getting him a queen size bed! Expecting him home any minute and then LAUREN after midnight. ELI is closing the store tonight so I don't think he'll be home til after 3am. Tomorrow he's off so we'll probably head up to Broward for lunch and to do a few things - bought MICHAEL some sandals on sale at Macy's that are too big, unfortunately. THen to my sisters house.

WOW, I'm surprised, no one on the board all evening, no one since almost 4pm?

I guess the Marlins must of won tonight. Didn't see the end of the game but I hear lots of beeping out on the streets tonight!!!

Will try to check in in the morning!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Closed Thread