Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which below would you consider your occupation to fall under? Can check more than 1
Professional 15 53.57%
White Collar 4 14.29%
Blue Collar 1 3.57%
Student 0 0%
Homemaker/SAHM 10 35.71%
Retired 1 3.57%
Unemployed 1 3.57%
Self-employed 3 10.71%
Part-time 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #136  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Yeah it's Friday!!! I am so ready to start my vacation. I took a tiny walk this morning to finish my walking week at 41.5 miles. Not the goal I had set for myself but my body says enough this week and I agree. This was week 6 of walking over 30 miles a week. Since I have seen no major changes the next couple of weeks we are going to slow down and just take things easy. With the cool front coming through it's going to make for some beautiful walks.

WTG Poncho passing on all the goodies. I wasn't quite as good last night. I had to have a few of the chocolate/peanut butter coverd cereal that I made for the kids. The powdered sugar coating was a bonus...but I didn't do tooo bad.

Deb...thanks for the input on the walking. As much as I love it it's time to make some changes. Sorry you are still feeling under the weather.

ChrisD....you'll get back to the exercising. Its hard when you have a little one that is ill. It is draining on you as well as them.

Susan...hope your allergies don't act up too badly today. Robets are in full force already. We found out after we moved to a hay field that he is allergic when it goes to seed. But he doesn't do too bad compared to the first year here. I think he has built up immunities or something.

Zanne...praying for all things to fall into place quickly for your adoption.

Monet....hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hear ya about the lick here and there. Praying you have a great eating weekend and not too many more licks.

Well, the munchkins think they are hungry so I'm gonna get off and feed them an early lunch.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 09-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally.........

Happy Friday.

Our computers were down all morning and I was dying to get on here.

My pizza turned out great last nite. I sued the receipe someone posted using milk. It was crisp.

Not much going on here. Was going to walk this am. Got up at 5:15 and fixed DH breakfast, but decied to go back to bed even though I was wide awake and would only get about 35 minutes. My rear end is still bothering me and I'm not sure if I am doing more harm and than good by walking each night. SO I decided to give it a break and take today off. I guess will get another shot, but wanted to wait closer to going to NO. The Dr. wants me to get a MRI. Just don't want to fool with it. So I am sitting on the heating pad daily and some at night. Who knows.

Bob, come on down, we have a fire everynight. If it keeps this up it will be starting soon. On your woman list, #11 I do that if they are cute. You had better button down the hatches and go for cover. I don't think you can blame all those one liner's on Ky. People will think we're hillbilies or something.

Susan, I'm jealous, can't wait to get that female stuff out. At least they can do the lap, insteald of the incision. Should be quicker healing time. Gift certificates work well.

Country, Enjoy your week off. You never know, if you stay in bed longer you might get more exercise than you think That is an unbelievable amount of miles. You get the prize for sure.

Talitha, Hope you get that computer back soon. We miss you. Hope Selah feels better soon.

Dawn, I think with each loss we start looking at ourselves differenttly and wanting to look better. It is nice that you treat yourself with each new milestone. CHeer a little for me tomorrow. We got to beat those Gators!

Fruit, we are coming Oct 9 thru 15th. Hey you might keep your clothes on, but I might not Maybe we could get our breastess painted.

Gator, I would think you would be losing more than 1 lb with the way you are eating. I know it must be depressing for you. But hang in there, maybe it will all just fall off at once. Good luck with your speach.

Chris, Glad DS is better. At least you can get out now. He was used to all that pampering while he was sick and still expects it.

Monet, have a great weekend. SOunds like a busy one.

Zanne, good luck with all the adoption red tape. Any time shorter would be great. Sounds like you are getting losts of exercise.

Pancho, you did so great last nite. But I knew you would. Nice compliment to set the tone too!

Deb, sorry you didn't get any exercise today (of any kind). : hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lesbia, Welcome. I drink skin milk. Some of the sugar in the milk is from lactose.You need to look for added sugars. the regular spaghetti is not ok. ww or 100% duram semolina. Potatoes in any form (other than sweet potatoes) are not legal. I'm going to let someone else answer the GI questions.

Need to check on my pot pie, it's almost lunch time.

Be back later.

Jackie
Old 09-26-2003, 12:58 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Dr. Phil's Test

Here ya go ... try this. Below is Dr. Phil's test. (Dr. Phil scored 55)

He did this test on Oprah -- she got a 38.)

Some folks pay a lot of money to find this stuff out.

Read on, this is very interesting! Don't be overly sensitive! The following is pretty accurate and it only takes 2 minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to your friends. Don't peek but begin the test as you scroll down and answer. Answers are for who you are now... not who you were in the past.

Have pen or pencil and paper ready.

This is a real test given by the Human Relations Departments at many of the major corporations today. It helps them get better insight concerning their employees and prospective employees.

It's only 10 simple questions, so...... grab a pencil and paper, keeping track of your letter answers. Make sure to change the subject of the e-mail to read YOUR total. When you are finished,
forward this to everyone you know, and also send it to the person who sent this to you.

Make sure to put YOUR score in the subject box. Ready?? Begin...

1. When do you feel your best?

a) in the morning

b) during the afternoon & and early evening

c) late at night

2. You usually walk...

a) fairly fast, with long steps

b) fairly fast, with little steps

c) less fast head up, looking the world in the

face

d) less fast, head down

e) very slowly

3. When talking to people you...

a) stand with your arms folded

b) have your hands clasped

c) have one or both your hands on your hips

d) touch or push the person to whom you are

talking

e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or

smooth your hair

4. When relaxing, you sit with...

a) your knees bent with your legs neatly side

by side

b) your legs crossed

c) your legs stretched out or straight

d) one leg curled under you

5. When something really amuses you, you react

with...

a) big appreciated laugh

b) a laugh, but not a loud one

c) a quiet chuckle

d) a sheepish smile

6. When you go to a party or social gathering

you

a) make a loud entrance so everyone notices

you

b) make a quiet entrance, looking around

for someone you know

c) make the quietest entrance trying

stay unnotice

7. You're working very hard, concentrating hard,

and you are interrupted you

a) welcome the break

b) become very irritated

c) Vary between the two

8. Which of the following colors do you like most?

a) Red or orange

b) black

c) yellow or light blue

d) green

e) dark blue or purple

f) white

g) brown or gray

9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before

going

to

sleep you are...

a) stretched out on your back

b) stretched out face down on your stomach

c) on your side, slightly curled

d) with your head on one arm

e) with your head under the covers

10. You often dream that you are...

a) falling

b) fighting or struggling

c) searching for something or somebody

d) flying or floating

e) you usually have dreamless sleep

f) your dreams are always pleasant

1. (a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 6

2. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 7 (d) 2 (e) 1

3. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 7 (e) 6

4. (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 1

5. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 2

6. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2

7. (a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 4

8. (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 4 (e) 3 (f) 2 (g) 1

9. (a) 7 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 2 (e) 1

10. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 6 (f) 1

Now add up the total number of points.

OVER 60 POINTS: Others see you as someone they should "handle with care" You are seen as vain, self-centered, and who is extremely dominant. Others may admire you, wishing they could be more like you but don't always trust you, hesitating to become too deeply involved with you.

51 TO 60 POINTS: Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile,
rather impulsive personality, a natural leader, who is quick to make decisions, though no t always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome; someone who will try anything once, one who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you
radiate.

41 TO 50 POINTS: Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention. but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate and understanding, someone who will always cheer them up and help them out.

31 TO 40 POINTS: Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends quickly or easily but very loyal
to the friends you do make and expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends. but equally it takes a long for you to get over that trust if every broken.

21 TO 30 POINTS: Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy. They see you as very cautious, extremely careful.... as slow steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something implusively or on the spur of the moment... expecting you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then usually... decide against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your careful nature.

UNDER 21 POINTS: People think you are shy, nervous, and indecisive, someone who needs looking after, who always wants someone else to make the decisions and who does not
want to get involved with anyone or anything! They see you as a worrier who always sees problems which do not exist. Some people think that you are boring; only those who know you very well know that you are not.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #139  

I thought some of you would like to take this. I scored a 39. The description fits me to a tee! I am very practical, loyal, but a bit "stand-offish". Definetly not a socialite. With my friends, if they betray my trust then basically the friendship is over. I've had people tell me that I intimidate them at first, but then they get to know me. Really, I'm just a bit shy and "cautious" and it's sometimes taken the wrong way. And yes, I'm very modest. I don't think I handle compliments that well- which is stupid, but I feel "embarrassed" sometimes or think people are full of it when they compliment me. There are some things that I wish I could change... Anyway, that's enough about me!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #140  

HEART - I scored 35. It fits me exact too. At least I think it does. Thanks for sharing!

Chris
Old 09-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #141  

Okay, today is Friday and I had a Friday Funny and lost it! Maybe I can find another. Not much going on, just gotta do the usual Friday thing- grocery store and pay bills. I finally stepped on the scales. It's back down to what it was last Friday-181. Still up one pound from my low. Feeling somewhat better. Oh, these ladies from Ashley's church came over last night and said they have a free aerobics class at the church on Tues and Thur. I think I might try it out and see if I like it. I need to get out more anyway and it will be a change of pace from the WATP tapes all the time. SHe said they will have the step thing and hand weights. I just wonder if there will be a bunch of spandex-clad, skinny women there. If I feel outta place, I won't go back. Hopefully, it will be a variety of people. Anyway, I put on a bunch of redbeans and sausage in the crockpot about an hour ago. Hubby has asked me to make them for 2 weeks now. Finally gave in. I'll make theirs with white rice and use basmati brown for me. It's still a very starchy meal. But a treat- I make a "mean" bunch of red beans,lol. I don't measure but it's pretty simple: soak your kidney beans overnight in the fridge. Drain and add water to pot, 1 onion, several bay leaves(dry is fine), 2 stalks celery, fresh or dry minced garlic(lots), hot sauce, salt and pepper, parsley, and smoked sausage. I cook them for several hours until they make a "gravy". In a couple of hours they will be smelling great. Okay, I'm going to try the photos again and look for a Friday Funny...
Old 09-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #142  

A Golfer's Deal With the Devil

A golfer was having a tough day and in his frustration he blurted out, "I would give anything for a birdie on this hole."

A nearby stranger walked out of the woods beside the hole and whispered, "If you give up one quarter of your sex life, I guarantee you will make this shot."

The golfer said "OK." He made the shot for birdie.

A few holes later, he was having trouble on another hole. "Please, let me make this for eagle" he said.

Again, the stranger stepped up to him and said, "If you give up another quarter of your sex life, you will make eagle."

"You're on," the golfer said, and made the shot for eagle.

On the eighteenth hole, the golfer needed an eagle to win. The stranger again stepped up and said "If you give up the last half of your sex life, you will make eagle to win."

"OK," the golfer said, and made his shot for eagle, winning the round.

As he was walking back to the clubhouse, the stranger walked up beside him and said, "I think I should inform you that I am the Devil, and from now on you will have no sex life."

The golfer turned to him, smiled, and said, "Nice to meet you, my name is Father O'Malley!"
Old 09-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #143  

I give up! I renamed all the pics I was going to use and it still wouldn't load them because it's an "image" I've used before. Oh, well.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #144  

Just wanted to quickly say hi to everyone on the board. Busy here at work, but I might have a cahnce to get back on the computer later.

Laurie- I scored a 51. I think some of those aspects are true, but I probably favor more of the range lower. 51 was so close, oh well, I just need to take my 51 and deal with it. It is likely true!!!

JackK- I will be thinking of some things you can do. 7 days will be great. Where are ya'll staying? (I am not the best at choosing cheap restaurants (not my strong suit), but can definitely come up with places that are reasonable!)

Crystle- Are you training for a marathon? Way to go on all that walking..

To everyone else that I did not have time to respond to, I will hopefully chat with you later. If not, see ya on Monday
Old 09-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #145  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Taking a break from taking a break..LOL We haven't done much of anything other can going to the grocery store. I really liked the soy milk so I bought some more. I think the little bit of sugar in it will be okay. At least I'm getting the protein.

Thanks for the test Heart Mom...I scored 42 but I think I'm more like the one underneath. Actually a little of both. It's funny you are making beans tonight. I just told my daughter when she goes into town...not ours but one next to ours to see if she could find me some Basmati rice to go with some beans. Our town is too tiny for anything other than white rice. I'm surprised they even carry the brown.

JackieO...no, no marathons. I don't run at all just walk very fast. I've been walking for almost 3 years now. I was hoping the extra miles at a faster pace would get the old scales moving but no such luck. Every one keeps telling me that maybe I am suppose to be this weight but I refuse to believe I'm suppose to be at the hight end of healthy or over weight depending on what weight chart you use.

Jack-K woo hoo...LOL

Love,
Crystle
Old 09-26-2003, 03:41 PM   #146  

The board is slow today.. got back on the computer because I'm in my room where it is cool(AC is still broke in LR). Just got finished with lunch. Glad I had protein this morning- I was able to go from 9:30 until 2:30 until I had lunch. Didn't want to wait anylonger for hunger pains to set in. I ate leftovers. I had a chicken breast and cabbage- still wanted something so I had a ham and cheese rollup. Good to go now. Man, it's steamy today. Can't wait for another "cool" front to come in Sunday- the temp will be 78.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:00 PM   #147  

HEART: I scored 43 on the test. Interesting.....
Old 09-26-2003, 04:02 PM   #148  

Ok, time for Friday Funnies....

Hmmm?

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered
assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, why is sandwich meat round?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny"
for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were
buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would
be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up
like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you?

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in
binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for
Miss America?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see
you naked anyway.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

and finally...

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Hmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 09-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #149  

Reading

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't

mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt

tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset

can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by

istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:06 PM   #150  

THE LONELY LITTLE BRAIN CELL

Once upon a time there was a female
brain cell which, by mistake, happened
to end up in a man's head. She looked

around nervously, but it was all empty

and quiet.

"Hello?" she cried, but no answer. "Is

there anyone here?" she cried a little

louder, but still no answer.

Now the female brain cell started to
feel alone and scared and yelled at the

top of her voice "HELLO, IS THERE

ANYONE HERE?"

Then she heard a very faint voice from
far, far away . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . "We're down here!"
Closed Thread