Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which below would you consider your occupation to fall under? Can check more than 1
Professional 15 53.57%
White Collar 4 14.29%
Blue Collar 1 3.57%
Student 0 0%
Homemaker/SAHM 10 35.71%
Retired 1 3.57%
Unemployed 1 3.57%
Self-employed 3 10.71%
Part-time 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 07:17 PM   #166  

Oops, sorry for the typos. I am also a mom to a 4 year old, so I multi-task - type and be mommy.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:06 PM   #167  

Momtomaya...Welcome to the board. It is slow on the weekends but will pick up over the week. I usually can only post on the weekends so I'm usually a little lonely here! Glad you joined I've been successful on SB and have learned that you have to watch your portions and when you slow down...cut out more of the carbs. On SB I normally have 2-3 starchy carbs a day but I was stalling out so this past week I cut out almost all of them. I will be going back to SB this week and hope not to stall again. I have 2 children 16 and 15 and like you I multi-task too!

BOB Arkansas beat Bama YES!!!!! AU had an easy win...hope we don't get too confident after that easy win...Rocky Top has their hands full right now huh?

Have to run.

Anna 222/161/140
Old 09-28-2003, 12:44 AM   #168  

Hey all, just wanted to post a quickie this evening. Had a good time at our weekly family pot luck. Weather was gorgeous. And looks like it will be that way for a week or so. I think we are going to try and get to the lake on Monday, and come home Tuesday night. Then we will go back on Saturday and bring the boat home on Sunday. Can't believe summer is over.

Well, my dear son left this afternoon. He went in to stay with my brother tonight, as he works over on the coast, and is giving Bill a ride back over. That way Bill doesn't have to pay storage fees on his truck. He will be gone about 6 weeks. They are doing King Crab this time out. We are supposed to get a box for our Christmas dinner. Dh and I will get the Prime Rib to go with it. It will be nice to have my house back to myself, but I will miss him also.

Beach-- That is interesting. Wonder which ones were the same?? Sounds like you have things in control now. Glad the stall is over for you, they can be very exasperating. Mine lasted over 6 months!! Thank God I decided I would try SB, it got me losing again. That is interesting about the maintaining. What is the reasoning behind the pounds staying off for longer times after doing the gain for so long??

Fillise--TOUCHE' I agree whole heartedly. Sore subject for me also!!

BOB-- Glad you are having a good time with the games. Guess I am missing something living in the PNW huh??

Momtomaya--Welcome to SB. Sound like you are ready to get back on track.....there is a whole lot of great support here, and also lots of great friends. Hope to see you around.

Well sweet dream all, see you tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #169  
I want candy

Jackie and Debelli, thank you so much for taking the time to type this information out for me. Very kind of you. And everyone else, who welcomed me, thank you very much. I'm very glad that I found this site.

The pasta that I bought was either WW or the first ingredient was Duram Semolina. I'll double check that latter, though, to make sure that it's 100% Semolina.

I made a mistake on the bread I bought, though. It has no sugars, but malt barley is listed in the ingrediants. Darn. I'll do better next time.

My book arrived yesterday, so that will help.

Thank you again for your help.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:09 AM   #170  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Shame on me...

Here a nibble ...there a nibble...every where a nibble nibble....

That's what I get for making a truly southern feast of childhood favorites. Oh well, since the crew doesn't eat like me its bound to happen from time to time. Fall just isn't fall without sweet potatoes. I should have opted for baked instead of pie. But I only had a bite or two and I'm done. No more sneaking in there. I won't list all the other indiscretions....let's just say...I cook too good and illegal for my own good.

Welcome MomtoMaya! I have five kiddos that keep me jumpin' We home school and live on a little farm. One day it might actually be a farm..LOL These guys are the best. Once again welcome.

Teensy...((hugzz)) I bet you will miss him. My daughter plans on going away to college next year...I am sooooo not ready.

Beach....Good morning.

Susan...happy Anniversay. I bet Belle is one spoiled kitty. I love cats. One of mine is close to be unloved at the moment. They have decided that my bed is the litter box...they keep wetting in it. And what's so bad is it's mostly on my husbands side.....bad kitty.

Howdy Green M....I don't know the answer to your question. But wanted to welcome you.

Deb....I agree. I went back and checked my notes. I've walked 128 miles the last three weeks. And over 270 for the last seven weeks and haven't lost an ounce! agh And it ain't like we are crawling out there. I can't wait till we are able to get some bikes. If that doesn't work I guess I will have to be happy where I'm at or go nuts trying to change something that won't budge.

Well, I'm off for a bit. Robert is going hunting this afternoon so I don't have to cook this evening. Leftovers...yeah.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 09-28-2003, 11:14 AM   #171  

good morning to all,
I am a wife, daughter, mom, grandmother, and a nurse. RG and I have our 18 year old grandson living with us for now. Work full time in an Intensive Care unit, love to cook and travel, and watch Dallas Cowboys. Hope we can beat the Jets, I think Parsel would like that, at least I know RG and I would. Off to church, have a great day and live the SB way.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:19 AM   #172  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OH MY GAWD!!! Talk about winning games in the last few seconds!!!! MY VOLS followed THE CROCS lead and did the same thing! They just thought S.C. was going to be an easy win!

BEACH...you're so right...they had their hands full, and they almost overflowed to the ground! I believe they honestly thought
they could waltz right out there and lead the pack right on thru the 4th quarter! WRONG!!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!! and my heartfelt SORRY to JACKIE AND DAWN!!!! BOB tried...hosestly I did, even had Kate pulling for the CATS....just didn't happen though...typical 4th quarter KY ball....of yesteryear!

I'm off to do....YES....laundry!!!

BOB
Old 09-28-2003, 01:49 PM   #173  

Good morning all-
Thanks for all the welcomes. I am happy to be here. I feel newly motivated.

Question- Is the South Beach Diet similar to SugarBusters? I read a little on it, and it sounds a lot like SB.

Beachfan- Thanks for the tip on cutting carbs to jump start weight loss once again. I will try that. I would really like to see the scale move down again.

Take care all,
Rebekah
Old 09-28-2003, 01:57 PM   #174  

Thumbs down Happy Glorious Sunday

The weather here is just BEAUTIFUL The sun has the fall shine and there is a crisp wind in the air. I love this time of year. I like the leaves falling but since I have 2 kids and 1 dog that love the outdoors...my carpet and floors get lots of leaves in the house!

Yesterday was a great day for me....ate well and had a nice walk with hubby in the afternoon. I've cleaned house already today, started laundry (that is never finished) and have my grocery list and coupons ready for the store. Will probably have pork chops for dinner. Haven't quite decided yet.

Country Try using a stretch tube at home and doing the strengthening excercises. It has really helped me over my stall. I still walk every other day. You have to trick your body into losing weight! Are you keeping the carbs down some? Eating enough?

Teensy: It would be interesting to know which answers we had the same on the quiz. I thought it was interesting that most people on the board said they were around the 136-142 range. I know you'll miss your son but will enjoy the peace and quiet too. It really is a conflicting emotion.

Green RN and Lesbia...welcome!

BOB Know you are glad the Vols won. I guess next week you and I will be going head to head when AU plays Tenn. My DS is going to the game. I thought about just going to Auburn to soak in the atmosphere even though we don't have tickets. When we win I could join in the celebration at Toomer's Corner. Right Susan

Have a great day everyone.

Anna
222/161/140
Old 09-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #175  

Hi,
Thanks for all the welcomes. I am making fried chicken with stone ground whole wheat flour; brown rice with celery, onions, and chicken bulion, and boiled okra with tomatoes. Trying very hard to stay within the rules of SB. Any suggestions? So far I
have lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks and I have not started an exercise program yet. Should I be loosing weight faster, as I have a long way to go? started at 242, so my first goal is 200. Is it safe to shoot for Christmas to make my first goal?
My husband is eating most of the same foods I am eating, but my 18 year old grandson doesn't care fro the diet, any suggestions?
Oh, yes did I forget to tell you all that 6 weeks ago I was told I was now a Diabetic? TIME TO WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I planned on being good this weekend- BUT THE KIDS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!! Geez- I need a break. They are being their worst. Anyone ever have so much that they just go off? Well, that's me today. Boogie's had at least 3 spankings today and Ashley has been made to go to bed. I have to say that my sweet little toddler is starting to be a spoiled brat. So I'm putting my foot down and it's not going so well. I wish someone would keep them for awhile and just let me relax. Mom hardly ever does and hubby refuses to watch both of them at the same time. I decided to treat myself yesterday to my first manicure. Too bad I had Ashley with me not minding and aggravating me the whole time. Anyway, my nails look good. The tech thought I had manicures before-she said my cuticles were in good condition. Well, because of the stress-induced weekend, my eating hasn't been that good(again). I'll eventually get this right. Hubby's at a friends house watching the Nascar race-must be nice. Can you guys tell that I'm just slightly irritated? I rented Confidence last night and watched it- it was okay, but I'm not a big fan of that kind of "style" of movie. Then I watched Adaptation- it lost my interest and I cleaned up and left it running and then it started to get better towards the end. I'm bored so I'm going to see what else I can find to watch, if the kids leave me alone enough to enjoy it.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #177  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Sunday Evening All

Just got home, took ELI'S daughter DENISE out with us today, nothing exciting, short day as ELI has a funeral to go to for one of his employees father.

Spoke to FROGLOVER and MELF yesterday - both have been ultra busy but say hello

Want to get in some posts before someone asks for the computer...

TEENSY, I've made lasagna with ww noodles that everyone loved and was so easy. Spinach, mushrooms, garlic, spices mixed with an egg and ricotta and shredded mozz. cheese, then the usual sauce and sprinkled with shredded cheese and parm. cheese-I thought about making it the other day, but of course, it was just a though Summer over? Not if you come to Miami!

PANCHO, one thing about the zucchini cake, it's def. better when it's had time to sit a day or so, maybe the same would hold true for the spice squares. I think you chose the lesser of 3 evils with the muffins, besides, you're at your low, you can splurge from time to time and not feel guilty.

FRUIT, thought you'd probably like seeing those MG items-aren't they a hoot! I'd wear them for sure! What did DH say about the idea so I know when to spill the beans to everyone?

BEACH, I hope your job tells you what's going on and doesn't leave you suspended like you are, it's not right. I hope everything goes the way you'd like it to. I do have the CURVES book but just read bits and pieces, I didn't care for it really, but maybe if you can tell me what pages you are referring to I can read it before I take it back to the library. I'm glad to see you are doing better and are so much closer to your goal weight now-you'll do it for sure!

FILLISE, sorry I missed you at home, nothing important, just a friendly hello! The bank where I go put these coin counters in each branch lobby for anyone to just go in and use, another way to get customers. No harm in asking your bank if they have a counter to count your coins for you. Place here in Winn Dixie and Albertsons have the nerve to charge 10% for counting them!

BOB, I can see you were probably rolling around in the lounger yesterday, I think I could hear you yelling down here! Good talking to you yesterday, as usual. So did you find any of those euphemisms that you liked?

MOM, Glad you've decided to join us. I see you aren't new to the site, but I hope you'll find that you feel right at home in our little area of the boards I think, despite your small set back, you've done wonderfully. To lose 14 pounds in a months time is stellar, and far more than the average of 2lbs a week, then another 4lbs more, really it's great and you should be applauded I'm sure you'll be not only refocused as you start your 3rd month, but hopefully enspired and encouraged by all the wonderful people on this board who will not only offer you their advice and personal inspiration, but friendship as well Oh, and typos, we don't worry about those, you don't need to have a 4yr old to make them, I think we all can do a fine job of making them without any outside intervention Oh, yes, the SOBE diet is almost identical to SB in PHASE II, Atkins for Phase One.

LES, I wouldn't worry too much about the barley malt, esp. if it's way down on the list of ingredients, which it probably is. How many grams of sugar does the bread have per serving? If it's 3 or less, it's okay. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, esp. with the book. It can be misleading, confusing and contradictory at times. If you can find a copy of MICHEL MONTIGNAC'S book, EAT YOURSELF SLIM at your local library, this will help as well. When you get a chance, let us know a little more about you. Again. welcome!

COUNTRY, I thought about you last night when I read an article in the latest SHAPE MAGAZINE about what happens when we reach a plateau-it talked about the problem with doing the same repetitive exercise and not seeing any results. If you can't find a copy of it to read, let me know and I'll scan it and send it to you. I think we both need a def. change - but to do what, that's the question

GREEN, sounds like you are a jack of all trades there! We have a few nurses on the board, so you are in good company there. How'd your chicken come out with using the ww flour? I haven't had fried chicken in probably about 10 years, maybe more. I used to love KFC when I was younger. You are doing great with your weight loss and losing an average 2lbs a week is not only awesome, but a good rate as they say, one can lose 1-2lbs safely a week, any more than that is not. Suggestions, there's a ton of them out there but the best one is to stick with us here on this board and you'll learn them in time. My best suggestion, don't cheat, be true to this WOE and you'll lose the weight. I don't know if your goal for Xmas of 200 is feasible or not, that's about a 10lb a month loss, more than what one may lose safely, but I wouldn't say impossible. What's more important is not the number you acheive on the scale, but how you much better you feel about not only yourself, but your attitude of how you are acheiving your goal. Whatever losses you have until that point will be wonderful. Can't give you any ideas for your 18yo GS, my 17yo DS is hard enough to feed being a vegetarian. If he doesn't like your food, I'd say let him cook his own As for being Diabetic, there have been many people who've been diagnosed with borderline diabetes or have been on diabetic pills who've lost the weight on SB and were able to be relieved from taking the pills - here's hoping!!!

HEART, wish your pampering experience had been better. Kids like to test the parents I think. I'm not sure it gets much easier though, sorry to say. So, you didn't like Adaptation? I have it on hold at the library. Hope this week is better and you have less stress

Okay gals, I'm outta here til tomorrow morning. Hope I didn't miss anyone, if so, it wasn't intentional. Will be back to start the new weekly board, get in my walk (hopefully) and then spend ANOTHER day with ELI - yes, he's off on a Monday, unheard of, and two days in a row - rare. Maybe I can get in a little extra exercise if I'm good

Toodles

Deb
Old 09-28-2003, 10:40 PM   #178  

The week is almost gone, and yet I am going to do a quick post. The weekend has been horrible for me. I have been stressed, and way too busy. Tomorrow I have to go work with the wicked witch of the bakery, and I am dreading it. My sister is in town, and I have been trying to spend time with her, but there was so much going on, it has been hard. Eating has been bad too. I made dinner for 30 for a luncheon for church today. I made lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and cheesecake. I was not staying for the luncheon, because of my sister being here, so I dropped it off and left. Unfortunately, I did nibble on stuff while making it. I ate entirely too much cake crumbs, and licks of icing, and even indulged in a snack bag of chips. I feel pretty nasty right now, but I hope it will help me keep from doing it again. We went to church this evening, then afterwards went out for dinner with a group of people from church, and a man from England who graduated from the Royal Academy of Performing Arts. He was wonderful, and I had a great time chatting with him. Time to finish up getting ready for bed. Night everyone!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #179  

Good Evening all. Been a busy but quiet day. Bill left yesterday, so the dogs and I just kinda moped around today. Did get his bedding all washed up and ready for when he comes home again.

Dh took me out to a breakfast buffet this morning. Ate way too much, and with the choices that I had, it was way too much fat. But I didn't eat many carbs, so I will call it a PP day. I did stay away from all the nonlegal foods. And we didn't win anything at the casino either!

After we got home I did a bunch a raking.....so hopefully I worked some of my breakfast off. Didn't do lunch because I was still too full. I know that is not a good thing to do, but I just couldn't eat.

Lesbia--Welcome to Sugar Buster's. This is a great way to eat, and a super healthy one!! You will finds answers and all kinds of support here. Hope to get to know you better, and good luck on your weight loss journey.

Country-- Boy the house sure seemed quiet today. What a difference one person can make in a family, huh!!

GreenRN-- Welcome to you also....if I haven't already!! You will love this support board, it is the BEST!! Sounds like you are doing great so far. Each person looses at a different rate, so it is hard to know . As for your Grandson.....just cook as you do for yourself, and it is a healthy meal without really being diet food. Lean meat, whole grains, fruits, and limited sugars. Of course he will probably still want some junk food.....I have two boys so I know what they can put away.

BOB-- Sounds like you had a great time watching some close games. Will your poor little heart hold out if the excitement is like this every Saturday?? Sure hope so!!

Beach--I know the feeling.....I should sweep my floor at least 3 times a day.....but I don't. 3 dogs in and out all day long!! Ours is mostly fir needles. Did some raking today because Dh cleaned all the needles off the patio roof. He gets the easy job of spraying them off with the spray nozzle.....I get to rake!! Go figure. Guess I can just claim it as exercise for today.

Heart-- I know the feeling. I remember when my boys were little.....oh there were times that I was begging Calgon to take me away!! Hang in there, you really can do this. But you already know that.....as you have done a great job already!!

Deb-- Yes, that lasagna does sound good. It will be one of my new meals to try soon. I think summer may be back here too. Has been in the eighties again. Had to drag the hose back out to water the garden. Was hoping though that I wouldn't have to mow the yard again, but looks like I will. Darn!!

Monet-- If the wicked witch bothers you.....just throw water on her. Isn't that suppose to melt them?? Sorry you are having such a rough time with your eating today....tomorrow is a new day. Climb back up on the ole wagon, we are here for you.

Sweet dreams friends.....
Closed Thread