Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Our high made it all the way to 59F (15 C) but at least the sun came out a little around 5 pm.

BTW . . . those Sweet Potato Fries are from a company called IANS in Revere, MA so you might ask Walmart if they could consider getting them. The Sweet Potato Roasters (which I got a package of just now) are from MCCAINS which is a New Brunswick company so doubt that you'll ever see them; but there are probably some US brands that are similar.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #47  

Thanks Meowee for the info. I made the banana bread and its good. I have enough to make a second batch and think I will to put in the freezer.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #48  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning, ladies!!
I have just gone back and read the September posts and it looks like Solly, Techwife, Toni and Meowee are the true blue Sugar Shakers! Good for you ladies to be so consistent with posting. I, on the other hand have been very negligent with checking in. I'm still trying to lose these last stubborn pounds. I have to say I haven't been trying as hard as I should be, at least with exercising. I am down 1 pound this morning. Weighed in at 150.

Work has been good. The day goes very quickly and I'm starting to feel more comfortable handling the day to day problems. My girls are good and enjoying the new school year. It's really nice having time with just my husband for a change.

Well, I've got to get back to work. Have a wonderful week ladies!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #49  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

And the good news this morning -- gas did drop back down by 9 cents a litre this morning (even though it had gone up by 14 on Friday ) So I will save a tiny bit of money by waiting to fill up.

Other than that, have to clean up a few things before I can get packed for my little weekend trip to North Carolina.

Don't know what kind of computer possibilities there may be over the weekend so if I don't get back here before Monday I hope you all have a great one.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, sorry I have been MIA but Ike has struck havoc in Louisville. Luckily I did not lose power but 90% of the city did. We had winds over 75 mph. The office just got power back yesterday. There has been lots of damage everywhere and I think we still have 150,000 homes w/o power. They are saying it has been worse than when we had the bad tornado years ago. I know it is nothing like what the people in Texas have suffered but you just don't expect hurricane winds here.

Needless to say, eating has not been good. We had ot orer out every day at work so it was pizza, mexican, etc. Our gym was spare the outage so I made it once this week.

Yesterday we had a bowl-a-thon for UPS for the United Way so I did that. It was fun.

Better get going, lots of work backed up. Just wanted you all to know where I was.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #51  

Hello, The internet here was out all day and just came back on this morning. Eating has been so so.... The weather is so cool in the morning. And warms up nicely in the afternoon. Still haven't gotten back on the treadmill.

Solly- Its so good to hear from you. I'm so sorry your town got hit so hard but glad you're alright. Now the trick is to get back to eating right.

Meowee- Glad your gas went back down a bit.....

Chris- Welcome back!!! You can do this.....

Now got to run.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #52  

Have a great weekend everyone! Got to run
Old 09-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #53  

Hi Solly...... Hope you have a good week end.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #54  

Hi Ladies,

Sure hope this is a normal week. Last week was crazy. Not everyone has power yet. Most everyone I know got it back sometime over the weekend. That had to be a nightmare.

Weekend was a crazy one. We had a yard sale on Saturday. I made about $55 and my DD about $90. So it was a decent one. My DD still did not get rid of her dishes. That was the main reason to have a yard sale. They are the fiesta ware dishes and she was trying to sell them for $100. Which if you bought them they would be over $400. So I don't know what we will do with them. Maybe put them on Craig's List or Ebay.

Had a bad bout with my discs (I guess). I could not lay on my sides w/o my hands going totally numb. I kept waking up every hour Sat night and it would take aobut 20 mintues for the numbness to go away and then right back again as soon as I laid on my side. I tried laying flat but then that hurt my back and I guess when I did fallasleep I would turn over and it would start all over. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep and I was wiped out yesterday. I was supposed to go the the Ryder Cup with my DH & SIL but I did not think I could make it all day so my nephew took my ticket. I'm glad I didn't go. I got to spend the day with my girls and for me that is much better.

Eating has been a mess, so got to get back on track this week. Still no rain. Our yard is like straw.

Toni, hop you had a good weekend.

Tech, what kind of hair product do you recommend to "mess up your hair"? I used Head Games "All Messed Up". It finally ran out so I bought "Manipulator" but not sure I can handle it. I can't do anything with hair. I like the back of my hair to spike up sort of.

Meowee, are you still getting rain?

Chris, hope you can join us more.

Got to get some work going. Have a great day.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #55  
Onward and Downward

It was raining when I finally got home about 11 pm last night. It is sunny right now and wish I was in good enough shape to enjoy it.

I am soooooooo very tired. Guess it might have been a good idea to do a little more sleeping and a little less talking this weekend. Both the blood sugar and the weight have done a little upward bouncing. BTW, there is this wonderful little shop in Asheville, NC called "Chocolate Fetish" -- need I continue.

Okay, think I'll have to wait a bit to get totally caught up with my reading. Definitely need a nap.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #56  

Good afternoon. This is my busy week cause we're going on vacation at the end of the week. We have someone to housesit for us. I get my hair done tomorrow and lots of packing to do. Lots to do! Eating is not great. I have a feeling I'm going to have a rough time with it.

Solly- Man I can't believe your daughter didn't sell her fiesta ware dishes. But sounds like the yard sale was good. I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time health wise. I'll keep you in my prayers.....

Meowee- REST UP! Its nice you had a good time.

Well off I go to do somemore getting ready work.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #57  

Hello everyone! I am stopping by to say hello. It has been a roller coaster month, and I am glad it is almost over.

We had a going away party for a young couple we are friends with...that we love like our own...then last night in church, we prayed for them, etc. I cried all through church. They are moving to Jacksonville Florida...not far, but far enough that we won't see them often. Their five month old daughter was like a granddaughter to me, and I am really going to miss her. Her REAL grandparents will be much closer so I am happy for them, even while I am sad.

MEOWEE: Ah, The Chocolate Fetish. Looks like you all had a nice weekend. Was the turn out good? Did you wave as you passed through Atlanta?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #58  
Onward and Downward

for everybody

Special for Ellen. Turnout was an even dozen and I actually got the best deal by flying Continental via Newark. No waving, but I was thinking about you.

After lots of extra sleep yesterday, I'm finally feeling almost human. Blood sugar is still up there but the 2 pounds have disappeared again so guess they were just www. Weather is spectacular today -- sunny and about 14C/57F -- so, as soon as I clean the litter pans and take care of the regular morning 'stuff', I'm off to do some grocery shopping.

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-23-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #59  

Just a quick good morning. I'm having coffee and trying to get woke up. I have a hair appointment this morning and then need to start packing. So I've been busy busy. Made a pork loin roast in the crockpot with sauerkraut and it came out so good. Tonight the leftover roast may be burritos.

Ellen- I remember you talking about the young couple and I'm sorry they're leaving. Hope everything runs smooth for you soon. Sure do miss you....

Meowee- Glad you got some rest... Enjoy the day.

Solly- Howdy!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Oh Phooey . . . I've come down with a cold . . . too many airports and aircraft over the weekend I guess.

Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon.
Closed Thread