Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Guess who . . .

OMG, did I ever miss this place. Talk about withdrawal pains.

Everything is still not perfect, compter-wise, but we are getting there. I've lost a lot of data files that I really counted on and will have to start rewriting some Excel applications tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm having to get used to XP again on the desktop (my son had replaced it with 2000) because the "wizard" thinks it's best to run the operating system the machine was originally designed for. And, for that same reason, I'm also going to try to work with the Vista that came on the new laptop. At least it is also now internet friendly although the litte built-in mouse-like pad is driving me nutttttz.

Also have a new mouse and a new keyboard on order (currently using loaners). When the "wizard" finally brought back my CPU, he discovered that both the Mouse and keyboard seemed to be having problems too -- leading him to decide that all the internal damage to the CPU must have resulted from a little electrical hit (so much for the glories of surge-protection )

Have to admit to not being very OP the past few days. Don't really know how bad things have actually been because my little home-grown diabetes and nutritional tracking program is one of the things that I have to rewrite.

Never a dull moment . . . hope everybody else is having a good evening . . . and I sincerely hope I'll see you all tomorrow and get all caught up with my 3FC reading. . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-10-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: -- and I still can't type either
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #32  

Going to try this tomorrow. Only use agave instead of honey. Meowee I'm soooo glad you back.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. wheat germ
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 c. mashed ripe banana
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Combine banana, oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add banana mixture and stir just until moistened.

Spoon into well-greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bread tests done.

Last edited by Toni48; 09-10-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, sorry I was MIA yestserday, I had the great gyno appt yesterday evening and had to leave early. he was delivering a baby when I got there. That hasn't happend in over 20 years. I waited and he was back within 5 minutes. Made it to the gym last night and will go again tonight. that will be 3 times this week.

My friend that I had talked about a couple weeks ago that had cancer so badly, passed away last night. they had given him 2 weeks on Monday but he didn't last that long. My heart breaks for his wife and boys. we really take life for granted and don't realize how precious it really is.

Tech, I hate when clothes tear up that easily. They aren't made like they used to. Boy that made me sound old. I think Petyon was off too long with his knee and just needs to get back in the groove. Hopefully. Of course, I love the other Manning of the Giants too. I always find BWW expensive. It was over $16 just for my DD and me. I guess the kids meals are cheaper.

Toni, It is cool here in the mornings, but has been warming up and then cooling down. I need to get my hot tub filled this weekend. These cool nights would be a great time to hop in there. Do you have to use the wheat germ in that recipe? I don't have any but need to get some. Can you only get it at health food places? I have a recipe for homemade dog treats. They are made with wheat germ, baby food and something else. Rudy loves them and they are good for him. I will get you the recipe.

Meowee, glad you are back on here. We have missed you.

Better get busy, I just finished some cottage cheese and I need to go get my yogurt or something. Have a great day
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #34  
Addicted to potato salad!

Yesterday, eating was bad. There was a toaster struedel in there, I believe.

Today is off to a good start... Breakfast was two scrambled eggs, some cantaloupe and grapes. Lunch will be my standard yogurt and peach with some peanuts. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I get busy and that's all I have time for.

Okay...off to work I go!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #35  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . . . . and it definitely is a gorgeous one around here -- sunny and cool -- just the way I like it.

Guess my plans for 'playing' with the computer all day will be postponed since this is Thursday and so it's time for the regular 'mall-crawl afternoon with my buddy LouLou. Since I'll be away as of next Thursday -- long weekend in North Carolina, if Ike is cooperative -- we have to make this outing last us for two weeks.

So sorry to hear about your friend, SOLLY, but at least he is at peace now. Good wishes for his family and friends . . .

Okay, must go and check into a few more 3FC places before I hit the shopping trail. At least I'm very happy to be able to say, with reasonable certainty, that I will see you all later.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #36  

Afternoon everyone. I'm a little slow today. But do have my pot of beans on the stove cooking. I think we're supposed to get rain in awhile and beans sounded good. Plus Big Brother is on tonight and I like something fast for dinner. Eating was so so. I did make chicken egg rolls yesterday.

Solly- Dang I'm so sorry about your friend. How very sad that is. Prayers for his wife and children. Yep time to get that hot tub filled. You've done great this week on the exercise. Looks like Ike is going to curl around and get us, so we're expecting lots of rain. Would love the recipe for dog treats. Wheat germ is at the grocery store I think on the cereal isle. I've not made this banana bread before so don't know if it would make a difference.

Techwife- Hope you're busy. But boy I would be so hungry with that lunch.

Meowee- Sounds like you have a good day planned. Wish I could go on your mall crawl......

Okay off to make lunch.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #37  
Onward and Downward

Another beautiful morning in northern NS . . . hope things are glorious in your neck of the woods too.

The Mall-Crawl was great, but after I got home yesterday and started playing around with the computers I decided I'd have to 'go to town' again today to find a book -- something along the lines of "An Idiot's Guide to Vista for Dummies" might be appropriate.

Other than that -- SSDD -- weight is still stuck on the ticker number -- blood sugar numbers are stuck in the 'much too high' spot (beginning to wonder if I've got a bad batch of test-strips).

Hope you all have a great day . . . see you later
Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #38  
Onward and Downward

Hey . . . I'm talking to myself in here . . .
Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #39  

Don't you just hate that when you're all alone in this big room. LOL..... I've been lazy so I don't have allot to say. We went and got our truck out of the shop yesterday. It still needs some work and Steve just wants to get rid of it. But we have to have a four wheel drive where we live so he's going to have to get another one. I put a roast in the crockpot this morning. Wish I had a sweet potato to go with it. But I don't unless I get ambitious and go to the store. Guess I'll get busy and do some laundry and clean up a bit... Have a good day...
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #40  
Onward and Downward

I found a package of frozen sweet potato fries in the health-food section of my grocery store yesterday. Probably a little too much fat in them for my liking, but I can hardly wait to try them. Maybe with some chicken for dinner tonight.

Other than that, nothing exciting -- heavily overcast and quite muggy this morning -- think it will be a good day to get some household chores done. Absolutely must do a little ironing. I absolutely hate ironing and tend do as little as possible and to put it off as long as possible. After that, guess I'll play around with my computers for a bit.

Hope everybody has a good day on the go . . .
Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #41  

Wow we got the rain and wind all night. Steve woke me up early this morning to get out of the bed. He was nervous because we live in the woods with tons of big oak and cedar trees all around us and he was nervous about one coming over on us. It did knock out the computer network till just a bit ago. I've been lost without it. I had Steve dig out the treadmill so I could get back on it tomorrow. Eating has been pretty good. I made a yummy roast yesterday and had a nice salad with it.

Meowee- I've been wanting to try those fries so bad. But just can't find them. It would be so fun to have some fries. And I love sweet potatoes.

Hope everyone fared well in the storms.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #42  
Onward and Downward

Try looking in your nearest Health Food or Natural Food store -- although I have seen some nugget-like frozen Sweets in my ordinary grocery store I haven't tried them. I'll try to remember to make note of the brand next time I'm there.

Well, we seem to be having a return to the hot and muggy days of Summer around here today -- it's also very windy and 'almost' raining -- guess this is our little taste of Ike (along with the sky-high gas prices this morning ). Things are supposed to settle down again tomorrow.

Have a fun day . . .
Old 09-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #43  

Hello..... And good afternoon. Just finished a spa lean cusiene meal for lunch. I'm slow to getting around today. Still need to get on the treadmill but think I'll wait till later today.

Meowee- I live in a town of 600 people. We only have one little grocery store. We drive over an hour to go to a Wal Mart Super Center once every two weeks and they don't have the fries. So I hope I can find them somewhere. We're cool here today only 62 outside.

Well guess I'll go. Be back later....
Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Wowee . . . and I thought my little town of almost 4000 was small . . . for a girl, born and raised in Toronto (over 3 million), it was quite a shocker when I moved here.

Well . . . we had quite a change in both temperature and wind direction overnight. I actually had to close my bedroom window at 2 am. Unfortunately we still have heavily overcast skies, but hopefully will see some sun later today.

Now, if we could just see a change in gas prices -- they zoomed up about $0.14 a litre (that's about 1/4 of a gallon) on Friday night and haven't get dropped back down (although they have in many places West of here). Can't put off the fill-up much longer.

Nothing much planned for me today -- some laundry; some packing (for that little weekend trip to NC); a trip to the drugstore -- my life is sooooo exciting. I really am looking forward to the NC trip, though.

Hope everybody has a great day on the go . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #45  

Good afternoon. Just put a loaf of whole wheat banana bread in. Hope it turns out good. I'll let you know. I've also made some plum wine and will have to bottle it later after I rest up. Didn't walk on the treadmill yesterday but I hope to today.

Meowee- Wow lady we're alone again. Wonder where Solly and Techwife are. The high today is 62, so we've got some cool weather. I'm kind of enjoying it. Next week I have to start packing for my trip to Calif. Can't wait.

Well hope someone else shows up to keep Meowee and I company....
Closed Thread