Sleeping 0 0%
Cooking 0 0%
Free Time??? What's That??? 5 22.73%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 09:14 AM   #61  

Default Friday Morning Note

Well, good news on the kitty front! All her test were negative and she was wonderful at the vet. They showed me how to clip her nails. Doctor estimated that she is about 3 years old. With that news I purchased her a litter box, food bowls and cat toys. I think Dixie is happy about that too. Last night we were all in the chair and 1/2 together watching t.v. I told DH that kitty had been allowed in the house and he rather teasingly said "No." Then I told him about how good she had been and we decided to take it one day at a time. Later last night I called him and told him about the 3 of us together on the chair, he loved it. If they snuggle up with him tonight when they get home he will be in heaven! This morning when I woke up I had the dog and the cat on the bed with me! I told the vet that after spending $150.00 on the vet visit alone that she was now our cat! Now for a name!

Went to the gym last night and ran on the TM for 4.5 miles. Will have a long run tomorrow!

Supposed to get my hair cut today, go to the vet for Dixie, stop off at the office and meet a friend for coffee. Therefore, I gotta go get BUSY!

Happy Friday!

HOLDIDAY QUESTION OF THE DAY
"What is the one thing you've always wanted to do during the holiday season, but you haven't done yet?"

For me that would be going to see "The Nutcracker." I have never seen the ballet and have always wanted too. Next week I am going to a holiday ballet but not that one. Maybe next year.

Peace,
FROG

190/152.5/130
Old 12-14-2001, 11:30 AM   #62  
sef

HidieHo all!!

Wrote a post last night and lost it, very annoying! I was tired and just didn't do it right. Had a busy day, nursing home, errands and Habitat meeting last night.

I thought I had all my Christmas shopping done, then I added up and to keep things fairly even I have to get two more small gifts for dd and dil. Dd has a calculator in her head and would feel slighted that she got $10 less than anyone else. Dil could care less.

Am doing wash and cleaning up here today. Finished my cards last night, still have a couple of things to wrap.

Wednesday night is annual Christmas party for choir, I'll have to think of something legal to take.

FROG - Glad no-name kitty has a clean bill of health. We have three cats, one indoor/outdoor, one outdoor and one indoor. The indoor cat is mine and is the most affectionate, he is a wonderful companion. As I sit he's jumping up to sit with me. When I stitch he knows he can't be in my lap so lies on the footrest. He's about 13 and is hale and hearty. Cats can live to a ripe old age.

DEBELLI - You couldn't pay me to have a yard sale. I had three when I moved from Milford, they were hard work and loooooong. Of course, I did sell a lot of stuff. I had too much stuff!!

I don't hear the washer, so I guess it's time to throw things in the dryer and put in another load of wash.

Will try to check in later. I have been feeling pretty good and have to remember not to get cocky and overdo. I just like to do things!!

Take care. Shirley
Old 12-14-2001, 12:08 PM   #63  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!

Thought I better get on here and do a quickie before you all think I up and died on you-this is going to be really quick, so bare with me.

Got in a walk of only 3.5 miles-didn't feel like going, was tired.

Working on getting the stuff for the garage sale tomorrow done-still a ton to do but now I have to stop and get in the shower to get some things done before I have to p/u Michael and then Lauren at school. I'll get up extra early tomorrow and finnish, so I hope.

Scale is up 1.5lbs today-ate like a hog yesterday, all SB LEGAL but too much and WAY too much fat. Made some energy bars, with nuts-they were to die for, I ate 7 squares I easily must of had over 100 grams of fat yesterdayy Also had well over 50 grams of fiber which hasn't taken effect YET, but seems to be working it's way down the chute-maybe that's where those 1.5lbs are, in the chute. Better today, had 1 square and got rid of the rest-all gone now; thank goodness.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to you all today-I'm sure you understand. After tomorrow, I'll be back to normal (some would debate that) and will be back to posting as usual and will try to respond to those I have missed.

Have a wonderful weekend-oye, have to run to the potty!

Debbie
194/121.5(maybe less in a few minute)/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-14-2001, 01:00 PM   #64  
Mel

Default Friday

Drenching rain here for the last two days- can't get the dog to go out voluntarily, finally pushed here out for a few minutes. Running is out of the question, so I did my indoor workouts, and Cleo is getting fat and lazy. I once saw a dog on TV (Letterman?) run on a treadmill...hmmm. Just finished a heavy duty weight workout and am the human puddle.

A large handfull of extra vitamins seems to be holding at bay whatever bug tried to bite me yesterday, so I'll repeat the dosage today and hope for the best. Today's excitement is trying to decide if I have the guts (or lack of a gut) to wear the dress I bought for tomorrow night's party. It's VERY low-cut- kinda like Frog's Elvira costume from Halloween without the wig. I don't want my boobs to be the main topic of discussion, but I do like the dress I was hoping to have about 5 more pounds off before I wore it, but can't see how that's gonna happen between now and tomorrow nite Boy these last 10-15 pounds move slow. I'm up 1.5 from my Wednesday low, but that was to good to be true anyway!

Gotta go wrap Hannukah presents for my family who we see tomorrow afternoon- this celebrating 2 holidays is a bit much!

mel
Old 12-14-2001, 04:10 PM   #65  

Default TGIF

I’m so glad its FRIDAY!!

I’m still hanging in there at the 144 mark. I’m hoping to see more gone by next week. I am going to try my hardest to keep up the water and exercise because I think that is what will get me where I want to be! I would like to see a trend of losing at least ½ lb/week (more would be nicer of course!)

I did a BIG thing yesterday – I got a totally new hairdo. Now, if you all have seen pictures of Debbie, then you can thicken it and curl it just a little more and turn it brown and you have an idea of what my MOP is – well before last night anyway!! I went to one of those really good stylists (really pricey too) and told her to just do what needed to be done – I was sick of looking in the mirror and seeing nothing but BIG HAIR!! She spent 1 ½ hours on me. There was so much hair on the floor when she got done, it was unbelievable that I still had plenty on my head! She layered it really good – I mean really good!! She thinned it and gave me a whole new shape and taught me how to manage it! It took me a lot longer than I would like to get it to look right this morning, but I’ll get quicker with time.

Guess what else she did to me ----- I was getting a conditioning treatment and she offered to wax my eyebrows while I was just lying there with my head in the sink! I’ve never had that done before, so I asked if it would hurt first, but then I let her do it. It kinda stung a little, but WOW – what a difference. My whole face looks different because my eyes really stand out now! So between the new do and waxing, I am looking much different, and I hope better today.

BusDeb – thanks for the kind words. Hope everything goes well with the ds.

Deb – I don’t envy you at all. I’ve had my share of yard sales and they are exausting!!! I hope you do well!!

Mel – glad the vitamins seemed to work – hope they can keep the bugs away!! About the dress, if you like it and it fits – WEAR IT GIRL – go for it!!

Sef – now don’t you go and overdo it again. I hope to see you post about a very restful day before too long!!

Frog – I wish my DH would let me have a kitty. I love them, but he hates them with a passion!! Oh well, glad kitty found a good loving home.

Gotta run,
Have a great weekend everyone!!
tv
Old 12-14-2001, 10:57 PM   #66  

I can't believe how long it has been since I managed to post anything on this board. But then it has been awhile since I have been home long enough to do anything. I feel like I walk in and out of the door just to change which bag I am carrying- either my work bag or the gym one. And I come home at night and fall into bed.

I have been reading everyone's post and know that I am not the only one who is in super productive mode. I can't believe that Deb is planning to have yard sale tomorrow- Deb more power to you!!!

I also notice that the pounds are slowly coming off for others and I can join that club. It seems sometimes, the harder I work that less I lose.

I have set a goal for the weekend. I want to get a handle on the
Christmas stuff and maybe even make my house look presentable. Boy I guess I have a lot to do this weekend.

Well, I wish each of you a wonderful and relaxing Saturday.
Laurie
Old 12-15-2001, 08:00 AM   #67  
Little Engine That Could

Frog--My answer to your question of the day:
I have always wanted to go to the program Disney has for the holidays, where there is a choir and other "disney stuff." However, there are MOBs of people trying to see, and anything Disney costs a ton. So we have not gone. We were going to go this year because last year a man in our church that works at Disney was going to get us tickets so we could get reserved seats. But, he lost his job there, so it didn't happen. We hate to fight crowds so much that I don't know if we will ever go.

Good news on your new kitty! When they are that age you can tell by then if they are going to be a sociable cat or not. So, congratulations on your new family member. There was a no-name cat in the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's." It was a orange tabby cat and Holly Golightly called it "Cat."

Deb--good luck on the garage sale today. I am going to practice my golf today by hitting some golf balls this morning.

Outback sounds OK. We ate at an Outback last time. I do remember SolShine talking about Uncle Jones' BBQ, which did sound yummy. "Nothin' mo better!" Right, SolShine?
Old 12-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #68  
Bustin' Buddy

Morning ladies!

How are ya?! I'm still kicking! I'm stuck on the scale though - but I have to admit - I had a daiqueri yesterday! UGH! DON'T FUSS! You have to listen to MEL and what she says about teachers! I'm about to lose it right now at school!! I really NEEDED a drink last night!

MEL: I had a mother stay with my class just for an hour while we had our Thanksgiving Faculty Dinner at school and when I got back she told me that I deserved a medal! This year is the worst class i've ever had - they are absolutely horrid! I told her - don't get me a medal - a gift certificate to the daq. shop where I hang out would be sufficient!! HAHA!

MUSIC: I hear you about the poor/unwanted kids. It is so depressing. I've got 2 kids in my class that are poorer than dirt and all the kids in both families are special ed - including the parents - and one family has 6 kids and the other has 7 kids. In both of the families, none of the parents work because they can't - they can't read, etc. ( we know what they do know how to do though!) I'm sure rubbers cost less than the cigaretts and beer they buy though! It's a shame they don't invest in that!! makes me sick! cause who's paying for those kids - us - the taxpayer! One of those kids in my class is supposed to be in 3rd grade (I teach 1st) she has missed over 50 days of school each year because of lice. She still doesn't know her ABC's - what they look like or the sounds they make! That's how pitiful they are - and you know - we've reported them to the police, OCS, etc. and nothing happens - those kids would be better off in a decent home! It's horrible! My luck - if I did have kids, I'd give em a good lick for something that they did and I'd get reported!!! And - they'd take the kid away - but they won't touch these families! The other one has running water at his house SOMETIMES! isn't that horrible!? Ok - enough of that crap!! I HEAR YA ABOUT NEGLECTED KIDS - BURNS ME UP!

GATOR: I hope to check out some of those sites you sent me today. Good luck on your test! I know a little french myself - but it's cajun french - pretty much the same though! i'm not fluent but I can pick out bits and pieces. My hubbys family speaks is all the time.

KAREN: I'll check out that info you sent me too! Thanks again!

Well, I've got to run. I'm baking pumpkin bread for christmas gifts today. That's what I'm giving to all of my friends that I work with. The numbers get higher every year and it seems that the funds don't!! So, I'm going to be Betty Crocker today!! Talk to you later!

Missy
Old 12-15-2001, 12:20 PM   #69  
Goddess

Default Good Saturday!

A beautiful day here today! After I finish Playing on the computer, I'm going to pot some paperwhite bulbs for all my ?sunday School teachers as a Christmas present.

Deb---DCE is Director of Christian Education. I am adminsitering all the educational programs at my church. The jury is still out on whether this can be done is only 15-20 hours a week. Good luck with your yard sale! I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.

Frog--You will enjoy for new cat. I asked Miss Belle and she said that Miss Kitty is a fine name. Am I remembering correctly that that is how your referred to her in other posts?

BigK--You go girl! It's a wonderful feeling--especially when you are shrinking through the holidays when everyone else is expanding! I'm putting a recipe on the board in a few minutes that is a good, entirely legal, holiday treat.

Missy--Too bad about those kids in your class. Last night I went to a party with a group of friends. Instead of exchanging presents with each other, we take the money we would have used to buy presents, put it in a pot and take the whole amount to Walmart where we shop for a family we have adopted from the Salvation Army. Our family this year has three kids. We had $450.00 dollars and at Walmart that goes a very long way. We got lots of clothes and, of course, toys. One of my friends who has a 10 year old son who no longer believes in SC--but decided that SC does exist because hme helped make the magic happen for these kids. It was kind of sweet.

Gator--The last time I went to Disney World was at Christmas and it was fabulous! I especially liked the part where I was laying out by the pool on December 23rd! Of course it was more than 20 years ago and I was SKINNY then!

Laurie--It is good to hear from you. Just keep doing what you need to be doing and the weight will eventually come off. Trust me--I get in those periods too. The trick is not to get discouraged and stop eating OP. That's what I did and now I'm paying for it.

TV--You are right about the waxing. It makes all the difference in the world! I get my eyebrows done everytime I have my hair cut--I'm going Monday in fact. It really opens up your face. It hurts--but only for a brief moment. Though I cannot imagine getting more delicate areas of one's body waxed--if you know what I mean!

Mel--You will be stunning in that dress! Flaunt it girlfriend!

BOB--good luck with the glucose test. No football--what do we do this weekend?

Liz--Are you lurking? I'm thinking about you!

VIV?????? I miss hearing from you?

Sparkle--same goes for you!

Ok I had a good Op day yesterday. My fridge is full of half-eaten party foods (all OP) that I've taken to events this week. I think tonight I'm going to wrap presents and call a couple of friends to come over for low key noshing.

Susan
Old 12-15-2001, 03:26 PM   #70  

Default Saturday Afternoon Post

Hey y'all! Back from my Saturday run. Ran it this time with DH. Didn't do nearly the miles that I was scheduled for this week. TIRED of running! Wish today had been race day. Great weather here and felt pretty good. Went for only 8 but my pace was much quicker than my usual.

Going to a Christmas party tonight with a former chic, Belinda Wannabe. DH wasn't interested in going. Doesn't believe he knows the hosts well enough to feel comfortable. Whatever.

DH is struggling a bit with the house cat idea. I can never quite figure him out. He doesn't mind if she comes in, just doesn't want her staying in all the time. He especially hates the thought of the litter box. And it didn't help this morning that she peed on the bathmat rather than her litter box! She used it yesterday and I immediately cleaned it out, but not today. Anyone have any advice for that? Anyway, other than the peeing on the bath mat "thing" she's been absolutely terrific! It was really sweet, while we were "dicussing" the options with the indoor/outdoor situation, the cat jumped up beside him on the couch and went to sleep! Such a bad cat! And then whenever she gets a chance to shoot out the door she does, making me think she'd really rather be outside. Who Knows? We may have decided on Stormy for the name, suits her storm cloud colored fur AND the start to the room and board situation here! I'm sure we'll get something sorted out. Why do men LIKE to say '"NO?"

Time to go hop in the shower and rinse the sweat off this bod.

BTW DEB Hope you had a successful yard sale. Got your email, Jan 5 plans are great!

PEACE,
Frog

190/152.5/130
Old 12-15-2001, 11:15 PM   #71  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise--If you were in Fla right now you could lay by the pool and even go for a swim, it is that warm. We have not had our AC on because "you just don't have your AC on in Dec. But we actually are going to turn it on tomorrow because we are having a party for about 20 people. It is in the 80's. here in the daytime.

And what do we do now that football is over? Why, root for our basketball team, of course! It's great watching Billyball, and the Gators are doing very well so far this year. We went up to Gainesville last week and watched them beat Mich. State, the team that beat them in the NCAA finals a couple years ago.

Well, I'm gonna run and check out some other web sites before I hit the hay.
Old 12-15-2001, 11:24 PM   #72  
Little Engine That Could

Missy--This post is for you. Here is a present--an LSU avitar. Use it if you want.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:14 PM   #73  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey ladies!

Just popping in to say hello!

GATOR: Thanks so much! I loaded it up and hopefully I'll see it when I post this time - if not - I'll have to play with it some more I guess! Thanks again!

Well, I'll talk to you later!

Missy
Old 12-16-2001, 02:18 PM   #74  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok that didn't work - so let's try this!
Old 12-16-2001, 03:42 PM   #75  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

GATOR BILLYBALL ??? I swear he looks just like EDDIE MUNSTER Does anyone else agree with me???
As for the air conditioning I have brrrrrrrrr.............mine on FIFTY WEEKS a year...the other two I use the heat...that's really all we need heat over here on the SW COAST OF FLA....

Finished all my Christmas shopping OFFICIALLY this afternoon...now all I have to do is wrap it!
Was at the mall when it opened to get that part of it over with.
Only had one other stop to make and then I was home by 1:30, let the girls out of their "holster".....on with the house dress so EVERYTHING cold hang out!!

Board is awfully quiet.....WHERE IS EVERYONE?????

I'm off to start my wrapping....trying to watch everything I've taped this week so I can begin again...

BOB
Closed Thread