Cooking 0 0%
Free Time??? What's That??? 5 22.73%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 04:30 PM   #16  

Thumbs down Frog is back in town

Good afternoon buds!

Back from Raleigh this afternoon and have already had a nap. I needed it, didn't sleep well last night in a room with 3 other women. DH has gone to Atlanta so I won't sleep well tonight either.

Conference is more about shopping than learning. Everyone trying to finish up their Christmas shopping at Crabtree Valley Mall, like Lenox Mall in Atlanta for those of you who know. Went to the Bobby Brown counter (make-up not former New Edition rapper now married to Whitney Houston ) and got very pampered, loved it and would do that every day if possible. Got some make-up tips and bought a few new products.

My wonderful boss didn't win the award that she had secretly been nominated for, will try again next year! She is deserving of recognition, even if it is not at the state level.

Dixie has to begin taking special Rx dog food and antibiotics, then the vet will repeat her blood work in about a month. The ultrasound showed a hyper-pigmented liver and a shortened heart. They admitted the heart thing could be an equipment failure or it could be a sign of heart disease. The doc was glad to hear that her energy level is good and that she eats and plays like a champ. Will go to the vet tomorrow for her during my lunch break.

Kitty is still with us, and she REALLY wants to come in the house. I would like to let her in too, a little damp and cool here tonight. I hate the thought of her being out in the rain and cold, but she does have a warm, dry place to sleep if she chooses it. I am going out to K-Mart later to get a small pet carrier for her so that I can take her to the vet Thursday. I will work on naming her after that fact. Does anyone have an indoor/outdoor cat that has claws and doesn't have an indoor litter box? Am searching for answers, possible solutions here.

Have got a 6-mile run tonight and will do it at the gym. UGHH!! I am not going out on a distance run on the road after the painful one I had on Saturday. Want to be where I can stop and get home if I need to.

The toe is still red and I am still soaking it like a good girl, but no change. At least I don't think it is getting worse. However, now I have this RIDICULOUS rash around BOTH armpits. A reaction to detergent or deodorant or something!

Hope to be at chat this evening.

Here is the HOLIDAY thought-provoking question for the day:

In your opinion, what would be the ideal temperature during the holiday season?

I think for me it would be just cold enough to snow from Thanksgiving to New Year's. I want it to snow and be a beautiful winter wonderland. I want the Currier and Ives scene.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Peace,
FROG
Old 12-11-2001, 05:16 PM   #17  

Just a quicky to say HELLO! The count down to Payroll deadlines has begun and with the holidays comes a big push to get it done early! I hope to be able to check in at least once and browse your emails. Much love....by the way, you all saved me from a candy binge, I opened the can and thought of you, THANKS!
Old 12-11-2001, 08:00 PM   #18  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

Just a quickie cause I've got some work to do tonight! Had a great day OP but a terrible day mentally.

Another one of my friends is pregnant. And as usual - I'm the last one to find out and it's never done in a good way. Like - I accidentally find out by overhearing conversations. I'm happy for her and I hope everything goes good but you know - I'm just really sad for me and I'm tired of watching all of my friends have babies and all of the wonderful things that go along with it.

Usually on a day like today I would pig out - but I didn't. I was actually sick to my stomach and thought I would vomit. For lunch I just picked my meatballs out of my spaghetti and didn't eat any pasta. It's hard to cry and eat and not vomit - you know? Ok - enough of my pity party.

DEB: As always - thanks for the continued support!! I love ya!

ZANNE: Yeah - I agree - the board really helps me to stay OP. I know that y'all will be looking out for me so I need to do good.

SOL: Welcome back girl! Great to see you!

FILLISE: Oh yeah - we are loving it here! The people in New Orleans are so full of ****! The people from here will spend tons of money. They just want to rape everyone by making them stay 3 nights, etc. If they wouldn't jack people around, people from here would go, spend 2 nights, party there for New year's eve and drop loads of cash. All they are doing is pissing us off by talking like that!! Makes us not want to spend the money.

BOB: We may be going to the SB afterall - couldn't get the fax through to cancel our order. I'll let you know!!!

Well, let me run!

Missy
284/265.5/170
Old 12-11-2001, 08:05 PM   #19  
sef

HiHo all!!!

Thought I'd better check in before you send out the posse!!! I have just been so busy and of course tired. I have been shopping, going to nursing home,church, stitching, some more decorating and other things in general. Actually I am doing a pretty good job of pacing myself, (let's see...my fingers, eyes and legs are crossed!) yeah I can say that!

Now everyone one of you should buy tickets and come to the best bowl game. New Orleans has so much to offer, especially if you like to drink and partay! Of course, we know LSU will win!

I had a piece of paper that I had notes on about some of the posts. FRUIT, was it you who has the purple and gold Christmas tree? Heck, that' not a Christmas tree, that's a Mardi Gras tree!!

I want to keep stitching, decided to make a couple of small last minute gifts so have to keep going!!

I have been doing okay staying OP. although don't feel as if much has gone away in the past week. I refuse to weigh until next doctor appointment.

Will try to get to chat. GD has a lot of homewrok and has been using computer in evenings.

Take care, sef
Old 12-11-2001, 08:38 PM   #20  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking WHEW!

Just finished on Ellie. Got in about 5 jogs! And NO puffer!!!! I have asthma and have been using the puffer before exercising. Only slight wheezing now that I'm done. WOW! Only 10 days back at exercising and I can see the health benefits. I FEEL GREAT!!!

Just wanted to get in here for a minute. I'll get to y'all probably in the morning!
Old 12-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #21  
"I'm working on it!"

Question Where is it?

I just got notification that BUSDEB replied here, but I can't see her message!

BUSDEB, if you can see this, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't see what you've written! maybe your message will appear later!
Old 12-11-2001, 08:54 PM   #22  

I don't know what happened to my post. I don't have the heart right now to rewrite it all so maybe it will appear later ....if not I will right another one tomorrow or the next day.

Cya,
Debbie
Old 12-11-2001, 09:29 PM   #23  

Deb, Mel and Viv - Hope it is not too late to wish you a HAPPY CHANUKAH

I don't know if I should weigh tomorrow for wiw. I've really fallen off of the wagon to-day. There was a box of chocolates sitting on the table from one of the patients at work to-day and I dug in and gobbled down four of them. Tonite I cooked some basmati rice with some fish and veggies. I added some onions, red pepper and spices to the rice and it was really yummy and I just sat there shovelling it in like there was no tomorrow. Now I feel really stuffed and not very pleased with myself.

I managed to get some chores done on the weekend as well as some shopping. I don't usually like to shop on the weekend as it is so busy but I was determined to get most of my Christmas shopping done. I also washed inside windows and washed curtains while ds washed the outside windows.

Deb - 6 months at goal - that's great. You must be very pleased. I hope the Dermalin works for you. It's worth a try if it can prevent you having surgery.

Solshine - Glad to see you posting again. I had been wondering what had happened to my buddy. It's good to see you are back exercising again - I wish I could say the same for myself. I'm still playing badminton but that is about it. I'm still hanging in at 195 lbs. I just can't get it to go any lower however hard I try.

Tv - Sorry to hear that the bereavement group didn't turn out very well for you. I'm sure some people feel a benefit from attending these groups but it definitely is not for everyone. I hope your Mom got some comfort from it.

Fillise - I hope you are not working too hard and that your cold is better soon. I love to hear your kitty stories. They are so cute when they are little.

Zanne - It sure is getting cooler these mornings. Several times I have had to scrape the windshield but that is certainly better than the white stuff.

Fruitloupe - Congrats on your progress. It's good to see you are doing lots of walking. It certainly makes it more enjoyable with all the decorations and lights to see.

Meliris - You showed a lot of willpower resisting those latkes. Your 11 year old ds will be a 'real person' before you know it. They grow up so fast. Enjoy his boy humor. My oldest ds used to be a good one for telling jokes at the table at a very young age. Some were quite risque but I am sure he didn't know what they meant. Stuff he picked up from the older kids in the school yard. It used to be hard to keep a straight face. That's a nice pic of you and puppy. Glad to see the scale is moving down for you.

Frog - I love to see the snow but I really don't enjoy driving in it. So as I will be working a lot over the holiday I will hope the snow keeps a way a bit longer. I don't mind if it is cold - as long as the sun shines.

Sef - It sounds like you are as busy as ever. Hope you are feeling well.

Bye.

Marie.
Old 12-11-2001, 10:13 PM   #24  

Angry Message to Fruit

Dear Fruit:

Your message touched me. I am sorry to hear your friend's may not be handling your feelings in this manner in the best way. They are probably trying to protect your feelings and end up making you feel worse. Maybe all would feel better if you told them how you feel and how you would like to be directly included in their happy news.

I am one of those 35 y.o. women who still hasn't decided if she wants to be a mother when she grows up. You said that you are tired of seeing your friend's having babies and all the joys that go along with it. I see the advantages and joys associated with becoming a parent, but I also see the advantages and joys of being a 2 person family; "DINKS" - Dual Income, No Kids.

While I am not attempting to tell you that you shouldn't be sad, I am just trying to point out that there are advantages to being without children. Maybe it would help to appreciate some of them while you wait for that EPT to turn blue. Here are some of the things I often think of: I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to feed, diaper or handle a crisis of some nature. I can get 8 hours of consecutive sleep. I don't have to worry about carpool, PTA fall festivals and teacher gifts this time of year. I don't have to be concerned about chosing between career and family. I don't have to worry about becoming my mother (even though she is great!). I can pursue events in my life right now that would be difficult if I had children. And this January I can go to Disney and skip the Dumbo ride.

I hope that you can enjoy this time with your husband, because when you do become a mother, you may have less of this type of time together. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will become a mother soon. Hang in there sweetie.

And BTW - "ATTA GIRL" for not shoving your feelings down your throat with a fork!

Peace,
FROG
Old 12-11-2001, 11:28 PM   #25  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--Here’s the answer to your query about UT going to the Citrus and the Gators going to the OB: It’s all about money!! I think the Gator fans are KNOWN to be huge supporters of their team and will go and spend lots of money. Any city loves that. And Miami folks thought that UF would bring in more people than UT, so they picked based on the bottom line.
Also, what Missy said is also part of the equation. I happen to agree with your hubby, Missy. Let’s go for a playoff. Most Gators are in favor of a playoff system, and think the BCS computers are awful. Even our Head Ball Coach would like a playoff system.

SolShine--Nice to see you back.

Fillise--were you the one asking about the cat-indoors and outdoors? We have an indoor/outdoor cat. He has been declawed on his front claws and spends most nights out. We don’t have a litter box indoors. We let him stay in at night about 10 days out of the year=when it is very cold, a hurricane, or when he is sick or wants to get in a cat fight. He then will sleep on a towel at the foot of our bed. Otherwise, I don’t know where he sleeps when he is outdoors. We have a cat bed for him on our porch, but he often is not in it when we get up. He does very well, and prefers to be out. Although, during the day, we will let him in if he wants, and he likes to sleep by a window or be around us begging for food, like a dog.

Debelli--Still looking for your e-mail. I have changed my e-mail address from the old [email protected]. That is not a good address. I believe I have posted the correct one on the bio page. BTW, Happy Chanukah.

Well, it’s late, so I’m off to bed.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:29 PM   #26  

Default Fruit

Found something that may or may not be helpful to you.

For info on fertility click here

Peace,
FROG

Last edited by Frog Lover; 12-11-2001 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:20 AM   #27  
Bustin' Buddy

Morning everyone!

Up a pound today! UGH - I guess it has to do with mid-cycle or something! But, I'm still down by 2 pounds from last week so that's good!

FROG: Thanks so much for caring and understanding! Many of the girls on this board have been through some of my miscarriages with me and know how hard I've been trying to have a baby. Lately I've been doing really well - coping that is...and I think that my friends think - Oh - Missy is doing so good - she's cured - she's not a depressed lunatic anymore!! So, in turn - they've been talking A LOT more about their kids and what's going on with them, bringing pictures, etc. Drives me NUTS! I know that when you have kids they become your life and that's all you talk about. I don't want them to feel like they can't talk about it around me because that wouldn't be fair to them...just limit the conversation - you know what I mean?!? I have now asked my friend - who also happens to be my boss - to let me know when someone is pregnant. I just can't handle the surprise finding out you know - in front of everyone. Just come to my room, call me, something and let me know so that I can get my emotions out before I see that person - that way, I can have my fake smile on and say congratulations and not cry!! I totally hear you about the perks of not having kids though. As my hubby and I were on our flight to Hollywood this summer I looked at him and said "you know, we wouldn't be doing this if we had kids!" I've actually been trying to do that more often - especially when I'm down in the dumps. I try to steer my mind off of it by reminding myself of the things we get to do because we don't have kids! But, I see my friends with their kids and it just makes me sad because I want to be able to go and cheer for them at soccer games, etc. POOR ME! You know the saying.....you always want something more when you can't have it! Kind of like a diet!! Thanks for being such a good friend...I'll check out that site you posted tonight!

SEF: Girl - it's not a Mardi Gras tree - it's an LSU tree that will convert into a Mardi Gras tree after new years!! HAHA!

By ladies - have a good day!

Missy
284/266.5/170
Old 12-12-2001, 07:21 AM   #28  

Default Good Morning

Just wanted to be first but FRUIT beat me to it.

FRIUT - Glad to see your post. You sound like you really have your emotions in check. I don't think you're a lunatic and I have seen others experience what you've described when learning that others are pregnant. It sounds like you have a positive mental outlook. Keep your chin up and pray for the best, God's will, whatever that may be for you, and accept His gracious gifts. I hope my words are helpful.

Good luck with WIW today. Will post results after I weigh!

Peace,
FROG

Last edited by Frog Lover; 12-12-2001 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:54 AM   #29  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Good WIW!

Well, I guess that OD on shortbreads didn't effect me too much (still get queezie looking at the box-but that's a good thing )I'M DOWN 2 LBS--FINALLY Now the tricky part is to keep it off!

Looks like the board was a bit busy last night.

FRIUT I know how you're feeling. I was going thru the same thing 5 or 6 years ago. No sooner had one friend had a baby, another was pregnant. Or it seemed some couples could just look at each other funny and get pregnant. At that time our gang was getting together almost monthly-guys would play cards, girls would yack. The yacking always got onto the kids, or pregnancies. I was happy for my friends, but sad for me. I'd come home depressed and sometimes stand in the shower and cry. We were doing everything we were supposed to, but nothing happened. We tried fertility docs, the pills the shots, the aritificial inseminations--still nothing but grief. Next step was to try in vitro--very expensive and still not very good odds. We decided to stop the medical stuff. The drugs had wrecked havoc on my body and I didn't want to do it any more. And it's no fun when someone else tells you exactly when to have sex! Emotionally it got too much. I was very sad. The only thing I'd ever wanted to do with my life was be a mom. That was supposed to be my career.

DH and I decided to adopt. Very difficult to find an infant or child under 2. We decided to adopt from Guatamala and brought our 14 month old son home December 23rd (nearly the 24th cause we got in near midnight) in 1998. What a wonderful Christmas present!!!!

We're now starting to think about a sibling for him. I'm doing SB cause the docs think I may have PCOS. I don't have the one dominant symptom of irregular periods, but have several others, so PCOS isn't totally ruled out. I'm also 37 which means the clock is ticking. We're going to try again on our own. I'm trying to lose weight cause sometimes that helps one to get pregnant. I have DH do reflexology massage on my feet every night--the pressure points for my endocrine are really sore which is supposed to indicate a problem. I'm trying everything "natural" and if that doesn't work, we'll adopt again. (expensive, but at least there is a guaranteed outcome). Mind you, we have friends who did in vitro twice successfully and then against all odds conceived on their own (she thought she had the flu at first )

Now, what FROG says is true too. I've been on both sides of the coin. I've had the extra time with hubby before child came and I think it was a blessing. We got to know each other better, we had more money to do what we wanted, paid off our house, went on trips etc. I too think your friends were trying to spare your feelings.

If you want to talk more, email or PM me. Take care of yourself and GOOD FOR YOU for not "pigging out".

FROG Your point of view to FRUIT is true. At the time I couldn't see that. I was only focused on one thing--becoming a mom. But after our little one arrived, I could see the benefits of having DH all to myself for those extra years. Thanks for posting the link to the fertility site. I'm always reading up in case there's something new I haven't heard before.

I'm keeping Dixie in my thoughts. At least you know what you might be dealing with. When you don't know it's scary cause you don't know how to deal with it. Sorry I can't help you with kitty. My kitties are indoor only. The big chicken cat, Freddie, will barely poke his head out if I leave the door open and itty bitty Tiddles will wander out, but I keep an eye on her. I figure the cats bring in pollens and stuff on their fur and that bugs my allergies. They seem very happy inside. And they have their claws. They usually only scratch their post, but sometimes scratch at the carpets.

SOLSHINE Glad to see ya post. I know it's sometimes difficult to get here often; glad you checked in.

FILLISE thanks for the encouragement! Scale went down today. Now to keep it down......

ROSALIE Yup, it is getting cooler. Had to wear a hat when I took DS to school, but by midday I was ready to ditch the winter jacket and just put on a light windbreaker. It's been perfect weather for getting windows done I've been doing that too! Don't fret too much about the chocolates and rice. I had a pig out on shortbreads last week and today the scale went down for some reason. And at least the rice was legal!

BUSDEB Saw your message saying you lost your original. I hope you're doing ok. How are the horses?

SEF That's pacing yourself??? Boy you sure are busy! Just take care to keep well.

LDBLOND Hooray for keeping away from the candy.

MEL YUCK! Cold rain is worse than snow. And wet feet are bad too . Hope you got all toasty warm when you got home. Don't want to get sick this time of year--or at all for that matter.

DEBELLI That dessert sounds good. I'll have to try it sometime. Chanukah sounds like it takes some planning with the gifts! 8 days worth. I hope that goopy stuff works for you then you can wear shorts and show off all your hard work.

I found a legal chocolate bar yesterday. " Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa". MARIE In case you're interested, I found it at Loblaws for $2.99 (I think) for 100g.

Wow, I've been at this for nearly an hour! Gotta get. Talk to you all later!
Old 12-12-2001, 08:09 AM   #30  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Fruit and Frog

Looks like we were all typing at the same time. and we're all on the same wave link! Witchy women we are!
Closed Thread