Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What are you most comfortable in wearing out in public?
Stretchy Pants (workout wear type) 2 5.71%
Jeans 18 51.43%
Casual Pants 5 14.29%
Dress Pants 2 5.71%
Skirts 2 5.71%
Dresses 0 0%
Shorts 2 5.71%
Other 1 2.86%
If it was an option, I'd go out NAKED!!!! 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 06:13 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/10-3/16

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=25528

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-10-2003, 06:18 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

WHAT IS ENOUGH

You are very capable, but that capability is not enough. You have the opportunity to do great things, and yet opportunity is not enough. You have the desire to make a positive difference, and yet that desire is not enough. You have made great plans, but planning is not enough.

What is enough is to actually step forward and do it. The smallest action has far greater power than the most profound and well thought out intention.

Today is the day to do the things you're capable of doing. This is your moment to fulfill the best of the opportunities and possibilities that are open to you. Transform your most treasured desires and your well laid plans into magnificent reality. Fill your days with action and you'll fill your life with richness.

-- Ralph Marston

THE NEXT HORIZON

The steeper and more difficult the climb becomes, the closer you are to the summit. The more you feel like quitting, the more there is to be gained by continuing to persist.

When it seems you cannot go on any more, that means you're getting closer and closer. Find a way to keep going and soon you'll make it all the way there. With every difficulty that arises, the eventual accomplishment becomes that much more fulfilling. The more effort and sacrifice that's demanded of you, the more value you are creating.

What a shame it would be to turn back when the goal is almost within sight. For the sake of all your previous efforts, keep going and make those efforts count for something truly great.

Every bit of weariness you feel is proof that you've already made much progress. What a blessing it is that you have what it takes to keep moving steadily forward.

Keep going, especially now, for just over the next horizon is where you were meant to be.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-10-2003, 06:25 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES!!!

We continue on with our exercise challenge of getting in at least 3 days of exercise. Keep going with our water challenge of getting in at least 64oz of water a day.

NEW CHALLENGE THIS WEEK!!!

Seems from looking at last weeks post the majority of the board hasn't a clue just how many grams of fiber they are getting and those who do know know they are getting way too little grams of fiber. Remember, the more fiber the better, in more ways than one! Fiber adds bulk and fills you up. It keeps you feeling full longer AND is NOT digestable so if you have a food, for instance, like FIBER ONE that has 24 grams of carbs per serving (1oz) this has 14 grams of carbs, thus, only 10 grams of active carbs, not to mention, this 1 serving provides more than half of the recommended intake of carbs for a day.

So, with that, I'd like to see you keep track of your fiber intake for at least 1 day this week and post your total along with those foods you had eaten with carbs in it. If it's a packaged item, you'll find the info on there. Fruits and veggies you'll have to look up on a site like CALORIEKING.COM or in a book. Not sure, ask me

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:55 AM   #4  

Good Morning! Happy New Week!

My MIL is still here. She is a lot quieter than usual, and I have not had any opportunity to have to be alone with her for any length of time, which is good. She tends to be rather critical of me, but is afraid to say anything in front of my husband. My sister in law has blasted her for saying tactless things, and she is beginning to realize other people have feelings. (she is always very upset if someone hurts HER feelings, but rarely considered others feelings)

I could not sleep last night, and so I got up at 4:30 and made mayo, put on a batch of bread, finished loading the dishwasher and turned it on, made lunch and snacks for the hubby to carry to work, and fixed a pot of coffee. I still feel bouncy, but in a tired sort of way. I hate not being able to sleep!

Lots to do today...gotta do the floral things, and make a big dinner of homemade whole wheat pizza for the whole family. The scattered kids are coming to see their G-mama.

DEB: If the arrangements turn out nice, I will take a pic with my digital and post it. If you really want to see some arrangments I have done, I will dig out the digital pictures of the coursages I did with my own roses and flowers for homecoming last year.

SEF: The funnies were great! I loved the one about the old lady making money betting....

Gotta go check my bread! Have a great day everyone!

Lets make this the best week EVER!!!! A week where everyone meets the challenges, and sees incredible progress in reaching their goals! We CAN do it!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:12 AM   #5  

Here's a quick Monday Morning Report!

Did anybody see the big dust cloud over my house when my butt hit the ground this weekend. Yes, I fell off the wagon. Full confession to come. Just had to come clean to all of you. Today is another start and back to the regularity of the work week. Thank God for that!

DEB---I will take 2 of the 3 challenges. I will do the 3 days of exercise and the 64 oz. of water. I did not try the water last week, so that will be added into my daily grind. Suggestion: at some point, do you think the exercise challenge could get increased to 4 days a week?

Have a great Monday!
Kim
Old 03-10-2003, 07:53 AM   #6  
Bustin' Buddy

Morning!

I'm back! I should be able to check in from work from now on! So, now maybe I can stick to things again. You know when I don't check in...I cheat. i've got the Mardi Gras pounds to take off now! But, I sure had fun!

Missy
286/259/170
Old 03-10-2003, 08:49 AM   #7  

Good Morning All

Just a quickie before I scoot out to the hairdresser. I won't be able to take the challenges this week. I don't know how much exercise I will get while I am away. Probably be quite a bit of walking but also lots of sitting on that tour bus. And as for the water and extra fibre, well, I don't want to have to use the facilities on the bus. .

I weighed in this morning and still below that 200 mark at 199. I was down to 197.5 one day this past week, that's the lowest I have been. Will try to stay op as much as possible while away. I just don't want to pack those pounds on again.

I'm being picked up early this afternoon, my flight leaves at 5.30 p.m. and I have a few last minute things to pick up at the store.

So have a good week everyone. Talk to you all when I get back.

Marie.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:55 AM   #8  
Gonna be a 10 again

Good Monday morning to everyone! I've been lurking on this board since starting sugar busters on January 21st and I guess it's time to jump in instead of just reading. This is a really special group--so supportive-and really nice people. I've posted my bio on the bio board and a couple of recipes on the quarterly board. I've lost 11 pounds since starting this way of eating. I no longer refer to it as a diet because even after I lose the weight I will continue to eat this way. I can't believe how much better I feel and how much more energy I have.

My big question is how do you keep track of everybody when you want to respond? There has to be a secret because I've noticed that quite a few of you are close to my age---CRS syndrom has to have hit you too.

Serene--I cried with you and I don't even know you! There's a site on the web----www.petloss.com which has the most beautiful poem about pet loss--it's called Rainbow bridge. I would post it but then I'd be crying again. Except for my children,the softest part of my heart is for pets. I have three dogs and they are my children with fur.

I'm off a few days and hope to get in some spring cleaning--at least my house will be clean if spring ever gets here

I'll check in later--once I start chatting I never stop.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:04 AM   #9  

Welcome Earlybird! I lived in central OH my whole life until we moved last August. So it is good to see another Buckeye on board. Alot of us open up Notepad, and then while we read this board we write the replies. Then copy it all and paste it in the "reply" section. I hope this helps.

I will try to do all the challenges Deb. What is the recommended grams of fiber per day? I also have another question--is there an upper limit of carb grams per serving that sugarbusters recommends? I loved the MM about the steeper the climb, the closer you are to goal. I will remember that.

My oldest son and his girlfriend are here for the week (Spring break). They have a full week planned for me (sightseeing mainly). So I will be reading but not sure how much responding I will get in.

Kim-I haven't been to Ridgewood for 5-10 years. I sure want some now after hearing you talk about it. The BBQ is good in SC too, though.

Monet-Was it you who cooks salmon in parchment paper. I would like to hear how you do this.

Serene-sorry to hear about your dog.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:10 AM   #10  

LIN: I have never fixed salmon in parchment, but I have fixed other things in it. If no one else fesses up, I can find you a recipe for it! Or if you just want recipes for Salmon, I have a ton of those...some of them actually edible! (I am not a fan of salmon, though my husband is, so I have to endure regularly! )

Last edited by Ellen; 03-10-2003 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:04 AM   #11  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Don't ask me how I did it but somehow I was able to get in my 4.5 miles in 52:34, a time I haven't seen in a while. Surprises me also since I'm sorta sick. But hey, I'm NOT complaining, quite the opposite, I'm ecstatic!!!! Off to tackle my yoga in about an hour.

Have a meeting at the school tonight. One of those days I have to go back and forth 4 times. It seems I'm filling up my gas tank a LOT these days!!!!

Want to get in a few replies before I go in the shower...

MONET, sounds like your MIL has taken lessons from my GM! But luckily, she can hold her tongue, unlike my GM who doesn't and claims she's entitled to her own opinion, no matter who she hurts. No love loss for me! Sorry you had a sleepless night in Lanta, I had that the other day in SOFLA.

QUILTER, nope, didn't see that cloud. It was such a fast and fleeting moment I guess it just didn't register, esp. since you are back on track today-it's a distant memory!!! I think we'll try to increase the challenge next month. I'm looking for everyone to be able to get the 3 days in and then maybe we can increase it slowly, like another 1/4 miles, or another 10 minutes and so on. What do you think?

FRUIT, glad to see you starting anew-MG is gone for another year!!!!!

ROSALIE, if you do see this, have a wonderful time, and a safe trip. We look forward to hearing all about it when you come home. Do take pictures, esp. with you in them so we can see how much fun you had and what places you went to!!! ENJOY!!!!

EARLYBIRD, Glad to have you joining us. As you have mentioned, we are a wonderful group and we always are happy to welcome another wonderful person to join us. Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD, it was nice to learn more about you. Also, thanks for the recipes, they sound great! You are doing wonderful so far. This is a great WOE and it gets easier as time goes on. March 22nd will be 3 years on this WOE for me - and I still love it! Okay, now I must ask, what do you do at the library that takes you there at those odd hours? I've been going to the library more since I started SB than I had in my entire life. I not only go for books but now I'm taking a yoga class on Mondays there. You and QUILTER not only live in the same state but she too does a lot with reading and the library-you'll have to compare notes! If you are anywhere near each other you two should meet because I can tell you, she's one awesome person!!! In time, you'll get to know everyone. It may be a bit confusing sometimes with the names. Long names we tend to shorten, like for you, I'll probably call you BIRD, which is what I call my DS (dear sister vs dear son). Don't worry, I'm not close to your age and I've been suffering from CRS for a longgggg time now If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. As you've probably read, we're all really happy to throw in our 2 cents worth of advice. Again, happy to have you join us!!!!

LIN, you should try to get in at least 25 grams of fiber a day. Think of it like this...if you ate a small container of raspberries and an ounce of Fiber One, you'd have probably a little more than 25 grams of fiber already. It's really not hard to do. SB recommends 40% of your intake come from carbs but you can up that a bit by going down a bit on protein and/or fat, but you don't want to go too low. I try to do about 45% carbs a day but many times go over. Enjoy your time with your DS and his GF!!!!

Time to hop in the shower. Before I go, please remember:

TOMORROW IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST!!!!

Have a great week!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 03-10-2003, 10:05 AM   #12  

Hi guys,
I am now in day 7 of being op!! This weekend was my son's 11th birthday, there was cake everywhere! LOL I am proud to announce that I had none of it. I am trying to pump up my cake business so I have been trying new recipes for cake and icing. Dh is the taste tester. He loves his job!! Luckily he has absoulutely no weight problems!

Welcome earlybird-it is hard to keep up with everyone, but like Lin said opening notepad is probably the easiest way to reply to everyone. Like they told me a few times don't worry about replying to everyone all the time. Just keep reading the boards, Everyone here is great about answering questions! Glad you found this WOE and the SB boards..the board is great and will help you stay on track.

Serene- Sorry about your loss.

Monet- wow you are busy so early in the morning.

Rosalie- Have a great time!!

Deb- I will take the excercise and water challenges....and possibly the fiber...I don't like to keep track of food though.
I like to try not to think of food...LOL.

Bye for now.
Chris
Old 03-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #13  

Default starting sugar busters today after atkins

i have been on atkins since january of this year and have been playing around with the same 10lbs weight loss ever since and then i went and had blood work done last week and everything was great Alc 5.2 cholestrol total 150 nothing out of whack except my bun/creatineine ratio was 25 .......i was upset by this and found out the atkins diet has affected my kidneys. i am drinking at least 96 to 120oz of water a day. so now i am going to use sugar busters and hope this works i take lots of meds so i know this hinders my weight loss and i have been working on my weight seriously for about a year and have only lost 20lbs so i am very disappointed when i hear how people lose so much weight so fast., so i am looking for support here and would appreciate any that i get,,,,,,,thanks
Old 03-10-2003, 10:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

Hope everyone is ready to face the new week. I am exciated my DD has decied to do something about her weight. Of course with the wedding in 2 months she wants something quick (which there isn't anything). Anyway, she is trying the diet I asked about here a while back. Simply weight Loss. It is so similar to SB, eaxcept they limit fruit. She does take a herb supplement. I wish she would just do SB, but I'm hoping taht after the first 6 weeks on this she will switch over. This is costing her $200. SB is free. Everyone say a prayer that this works for her and she continues on to get rid of all that she needs to.SHe is such a pretty girl and I hate to see her like this.

My weekend way busy as usual. Wedding stuff and beads. It was a good eating weekend though and I'm happy about that.

I did get in 5 days of exercise last week. I'm sure I fell short on the water on Sat & Sun. Will start anew this week on both challenges though. I'll try to do the fiber one, but not much on counting stuff and probably don't eat near enough fiber.

Didn't get on the board this weekend, just skimmed the posts quickly.

Rosalie, How much longer will your MIL be staying. Hope things go ok with her. Sometimes we just have to bite our tongue and go on. This to will pass.Sounds like you have already completed a day's work this morning. I hate thsoe sleepless nights. Had one myself Sat. Have a good day and take a nap later.

Quilter, pinch yourself. Did it hurt, then you are normal. We all fall off the wagon at some point. Put it behind you and go on. THe most important thing is that you don't let it get you. Jump right back on track and continue on. You will be alright.

Fruit, I thought of you a lot during Mardi Gras. I would have looked for you in the news but didn't know who I was looking for. Glad you are back.

Rosalie, have a wonderful trip. I'm sure you will do fine with your eating. But enjoy yourself too. Afterall, it is your vacation.

Earlybird, Welcome to our board. I'm glad you decided to join us. As you can tell this is a wonderful group. Congrats on that 11 pound loss. Keep up the good work. You are right, this is a WOL not a diet. I keep track in Word notepad. Read and then switch over to notepad and write a response. Just keep going back and forth and then when I'm ready to post I copy and paste.

Linworth, enjoy your week with DS and GF. Sightseeing is exercise.

BOb, Whew, what a game. It had me pacing there at the end. I wanted to get on the board and tell Kate to cheer harder, but couldn't leave the tube. Glad that's over.

Serene, I just went back and skimmed the posts and saw where you puppy passed away. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much your dogs mean to you. My heart just breaks for you. Do the other two miss him already? Take care. Know we are here for you.

Deb, congrats to Michael on his French competition. Of course, we knew he would do well. Glad Eli got a new used car. Hope you all like it.

ChrisB, Congrats on being OP for 7 whole days. And WTG on passing up al lthat Bday cake. This does get easier.

Not looking back, Welcome to our board. This is a great WOE and I think much better than Atkins. It is so normal. Everything you read now days is so similar to SB. Glad to see thw world is coming around to our way of thinking. This is something you can do the rest of your life. I hope it works for you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Need to get to work. Be back later. Everyone have a great OP day.

Jackie
257/161/145
10-10-01
Old 03-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #15  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

The sky is clear blue and the temp is supposed to be in the 70s today--could it be. . . Spring????????

I think I'm finally recovering from yesterday! My back and knees were killingme by the time I got home--but our dinner and auction was a smashing success--we raised a littl over $2,400.00 to send thhigh school youth group to Montreat this summer! I, however, do not want to see a plate of spaghetti for a very very long time.

Eating was good yesterday--I did have a small plate of spaghetti, but I bought the kind that is 100% durum with no enriched flour, and it plus a slice of WW bread for breakfast were the only starchy carbs I had all day. So that was my 5th day being back OP!

Deb--I was wiped out Sat night, so I wouldn't have been much fun to talk to. Last night was the same story. I'm still working on the first two week's challenges. I think I can count the amount of fiber for one day, except for I have no idea how much is in my homemade WW bread.

Monet--I hopeyour get through the rest of your MIL's visit unscathed. Sounds like you have a busy day anyway--good luck!

Kim--Well just pick that butt right up and get back on the wagon girlfriend! We are here for you and all sins are forgiven!

Missy--It sure looked like you were enjoying the Mardi Gras festivities--but it's Lent now so we pay for our sins ;-) I gave up everything SB says to give up for Lent--want to join me in a Lenten SB fast?

Marie--Have a good trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Earlybird--Welcome! You are doing GREAT! I'm glad you've decided to stop lurking and join us. As for keeping up--I open notepad when I start reading the new posts and then I write my response after reading each post. At the end I cut and past into the response window. Hope that Helps--it is much faster!

Linworth--I don't think there is an upper limit of carbs, because SB doesn't recommend counting carbs (or calories, for fat grams, or protein). It's one of the reasons I like this WOE! I have to be in Charleston for a wedding in July--I'd love to get together with you! I cook salmon in parchement. I spray the PP with a little olive oil cooking spray and place the filet on it skin side down. Then I rub a little fresh grated ginger over the top, sprinkle some dill over it, and cover it in lemon slices. Then I fold the PP to make a packet and cook it at 350 for 3o mintues. It is delicious!

Chrisb--WTG on avoiding the cake! I do some special occasion cakes too--not as a business, but as a hobby. I don't ever eat them anymore, but it is fun making them look pretty. Monet is the true cake artist though!

Marlene--Welcome! We have some folks that have switched from Atkins to SB, so they will be able to tell you what to expect. I think you can live with this WOE for much longer than you can Atkins.

Jackie--I hope you DD's commitment will help her shed the excess pounds! It's good that she has you to be supportive.

Gee, the board has been busy already this morning! I haven't gotten on the scale and will probably wait until Wednesday. But since I'm eating OP--I'm not worried about the scale.

I hope everyone has a good OP week!

Susan
300/270.5/150
Closed Thread