Cooking 0 0%
Free Time??? What's That??? 5 22.73%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 08:16 AM   #31  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone

Up really early today, starting this post well before 6am. Michael has been up most of the night/morning doing some AP EURO homework and the light in the hallway wakes me up (light sleeper), not to mention some jack hammer that seems to be non-stop noise next to me in bed (Eli, over tired). So, I thought, what better way can I spend some extra time I have but to start my morning post

Went to the Super Walmart yeterday, got a steal on Asian pears, 2 or $1.00 (reg. .97 cents each). Bought 26 of those babies. They had blackberries on sale too for $1.50 1/2 pint. Needless to say, I'll be getting in some good fiber!

Thanks to those of you who joined me in the chat room last night. I was surprised that anyone would show due to the holidays-actually, I was surprised I stayed-honestly, I was feeling barfy and tired!

Barfy and tired, you know what that means for me! Thank goodness I didn't physically get sick, just the naseuas feeling, but it usually results in a loss when that happens. I'm down 1.5lbs from yesterday, to 120lbs, but still up 1.5lbs from my all time low. I'm happy though

So, with it being WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY I hope you all have good luck on the scales today

I gooped up my stomach again last night with the Dermalin-that stuff is hard to wash off your hands! Hoping to see a difference in 2 weeks time and will keep you all informed.

Eli is off today, so it's up to Broward we go Dying for Ole Ole and of course, Carbolite for dessert. Going to stop at some sites in between.

Time to take a break, have to go make Michael's lunch and get ready for my morning walk. I'll finnish this up when I get back during my cool down...

I'm back, ended up doing only 3.5 miles today, decided to take it a little easy

SOL, glad to see your post. Did you get my e-mail?? Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Have to see what we can plan. I'll try to call you sometime soon

FILLISE, sorry to hear your still not feeling well Hope you shake this off soon.

MEL, e-mail me the picture and I'll see what I can do-I'll try to fanagel it somehow to get it to post bigger. Hmm, not sure about rubbing the goop on your face for a face lift, but I found if you really pull your hair back tight in a pony tail, REALLY tight, you get a mild effect-but darn, your hair is short-hmmm, okay how about taking masking tape and pulling some saggy skin back and taping it up? Hey, it's a lot cheaper! Seriously though, I'm really in need of a neck lift. Tom the Turkey has nothing on me in the neck dept!!!

FROG, I've been to the Lenox Mall years ago-nice place. Do you ever stop at Harry's when you go to GA? Love that place. Ideal temperature for the holidays, anything below 70 degrees would be ideal down here!!! But above 50! Okay, as our resident "Foot Dr.". how the heck can I tell if I have a corn or wart on my 4th toe? It's driving me nuts, hurts and not sure what to do for it. Any ideas?

LDBLOND, glad to see your post-hope things settle down a bit for you soon

FRUIT, sorry to hear about the mental anguish ordeal. I think there wasn't any ill-intent not telling you. I think people feel akward, esp. knowing your circumstances. They want to probably tell you, but then they may feel like they are "rubbing it in" and then they may not want to tell you because they know it's going to hurt you in someway. Really, it's a Catch-22 situation on the other end and some people just don't know how to handle a situation like this. I'm proud of you for not consoling yourself with food over this, it doesn't help anything even if you had. Just know that you are doing something good for yourself by losing weight and hopefully, once you are down to a healthy weight for your body, those hormones will kick in correctly and you'll be the one getting pregnant. I've been there, so I don't speak out of my rear, but from experience. Heck, when you look at my picture when I was 284lbs, can you only imagine me getting pregnant at that weight! Thank goodness that didn't happen. It was a risky pregnancy with Michael as it was at a lower weight. I truly believe everything is destined. There's a reason you are back here with us and back on track-keep going in the right direction and see where it leads you Hey, not to worry about the gain, it's temporary and you know it. At least you haven't gone up like I can 5-6 pounds!

SEF, as usual, I see you are over doing it again! At least you found time to post during your hectic day. Glad I didn't have to find out where you were-but I was starting to worry about you, so glad to see your post on the board!

ZANNE, CONGRATS on your 2lb loss-that's wonderful news. And good going on Ellie and not having to use your inhaler!!! See the great benefits while you're not starving yourself. The Lindt is good. There's a ton of others out there. Eli brought me a bar back from Montreal last year, 80% cocoa-highest I've seen-haven't tried it yet though. Yes, 8 nights of presents can be hard to find, but I usually don't have that much of a problem, it's getting harder each year though.

ROSALIE, was wondering where you were! Thanks for the Chanukah greetings, nope not too late-we're only on the 4th night tonight. I doubt those 4 pieces of chocolate haven't undone all the good you've done the rest of the week. I'd say, get on the scale and see what's going on and start anew today.

GATOR, thanks for the holiday wishes. I'll e-mail you later.

Okay, I'm outta here for today. Will check in sometime later. I'll be glued to watch THE AMAZING RACE tonight! I hope they bring that show back on soon-I'm going to miss it!!!

REMINDER TOMOROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have any good SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share, please, try to post them tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-12-2001, 08:26 AM   #32  
Mel

Default WIW

Real quickie- will post to all of you later but just had to do WIW. DOWN 3.5 from 2 weeks ago (last week was too aweful to post)! I couldn't believe it actually hung in there for Wednesday!!!

I have so much I want to say to you all, FRUIT and FROG,esp., will try to get on later!!{{{hugs}}}}

mel
175/141/13?
Old 12-12-2001, 08:26 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Peeping out of Lurkdom

Wow! What a busy thread! You gals are such keeners.

I am a low carber and post over there but am edging around trying Sugar Busters. Will be getting the book to read over Christmas. So you may see me on here one day soon.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:38 AM   #34  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Hi Ruth!

Another Canuk! This is a very helpful, supportive board. Join in whenever you're ready. I really like SB and find I can make it work with my lifestyle/family eating habits.

Hope to see you here!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:39 AM   #35  

Default WIW

Finally - I broke the 145 mark!!!!

159/144/125 since 6/4/01 - this is a new low for me by 1 lb!!

Its about time! I really am surprised though because it is day 3 of TOM, so a loss is kinda unusual......... I have been doing much better on the water and have actually exercised the last 2 nights, so I guess that made a difference! I'll have the motivation to keep it up now!

Don't have much time right now - haven't had much time lately at all. Will try to post more later!

Take care,
tv

Last edited by TVthatsME; 12-12-2001 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:49 AM   #36  

Thumbs down Hello All

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and still doing OK. Sticking to plan really good,since it seems that it is the only thing I can control Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Liz
Old 12-12-2001, 11:40 AM   #37  
karen3000

Default Just a quick post

This is the first time I've had to read some posts for awhile. I won't even discuss my eating - let's just say I'm making BIG New Year's resolutions! I wanted to jump in on just this one topic...

FRUIT - I hope I can put this in words that don't offend or upset you--I'm trying my best. I can understand your anguish. I was diagnosed with probable PCOS back in the late 80's when there wasn't much known about it. We tried to get pregnant on our own and nothing was happening. I had always been irregular, so I knew that I was probably the reason we weren't having any luck. I went to the infertility clinic at the University here in town which has a very good reputation. I did all the normal tests and got to the point where the next thing to try was the shots. I balked at that because of the great possibility of multiple births. I guess I didn't have that overwhelming need to GIVE birth, as I was truly happy for all friends who were pregnant (And there were ALOT all in the period of about 4 years). I just wanted to have a family. We decided to adopt a baby from Korea and he is the light and joy of our life - even if he is a teenager now with all the moodiness that entails! I still get a newsletter from the adoption agency and there are many children-babies-available if you are willing to go out of country. (You won't have a birth mother or father knocking at your door wanting their child back!)

Adoption has also become much less of a financial burden, as I think now up to $10,000 could be a deduction or credit on taxes. Nothing like that was available 13 years ago. I think it is very sad that the costs prohibit more people from adopting. Maybe this new tax law will help.

If I hit a sore spot with you, I'm very sorry. I guess I feel strongly that adoption gets a bad connotation - you know, adopt a highway, adopt a cat, etc. It makes a family, which was my goal.

May your dreams come true, soon! Just hang in there! If you want to talk more, please feel free to e-mail me. Even if I upset you, e-mail me and let me know so that I keep my mouth shut in the future

Karen

Old 12-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #38  

Talking WIW Results

At work, will post more later! Am down to 152.5!

Old 12-12-2001, 03:42 PM   #39  
Mel

Default Back again

Back after a day of everything going wrong so far, all minor but real annoying. Mostly undoing mini-disasters caused by ds. Thank you sef, for assuring me he WILL grow up! (if he lives to see his 12th birthday....)

Deb- Love the masking tape idea. Maybe for our next holiday party I'll decorate strips of tape with alternating xmas trees and menorahs. Should be the talk of the party, but at least nobody will notice all those eye wrinkles and forehead crinkles! Now I just need a hair style to incorporate masking tape DH's solution was to tell me to buy a lower cut dress and miracle push up bra, and no one will look at my face. Very tactful. Tho he did make nice by saying "what wrinkles" after the cleavage comments. (i'll email that pic to you later today. thanx)

Frog- Great the scale is moving, do you think the change in meds was it or are you doing something else? re fence sitting on having kids: I love my kids, but mourn my career, all the vacations we've never had, and the retirement that may never be. Family is what you make it and people who bring you the most joy and to whom you mean the most do not necessarily have to be biological offspring. On the other side of the fence tho, at 35 you don't have a lot of deciding time left if things don't go smoothly. I goota say tho that some of the happiest couples I know are those who chose to be childless, and invested their time and emotions in their marriage. Just my random observations.
oh yeah- about cats: we've had more that I can remember. Our current kitty is INDOOR only because all the indoor/oudoor ones got 1)lost, 2)hurt, 3)sick or 4)flea and tick ridden. I finally decided it was far less cruel to declaw and keep her inside rather than running the risk of lossing her one way or another. 1 cat had to be put down becuase she was on the short end of a battle w/ a racoon!

and while I'm sticking my nose in everyone else's business...

Fruit- I think everybody has already said all the things I wanted to say to you. I've been there too, but with secondary infertility. The 8 1/2 years between my kids included 3 miscarriages, surgery for endometriosis, then 2 years of fertility drugs, then 1 year of giving up. I know it was easier to face already having had 1 healthy happy child, but it was still miserable. People have no idea what to say, so say and do incredibly stupid or insensitive things, not realizing how it is being received. And it does look like the whole world is pregnant except you. I just kept trying to remember the saying "never ascribe to malice what can be explained by studpidity". Unless someone has been through it, I truly believe they cannot understand the despair you can feel. My heart goes out to you, and hope that someday you will be as surprised as I was.

Gotta go, the timer for the haircolor goop just went off!

mel

Last edited by meliris; 12-12-2001 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:18 PM   #40  
Little Engine That Could

Karen--I don't think Missy will be upset with anything you said. I've already told her that many people have "been in her shoes," and that I myself have 2 children, both adopted. That was back in the days when adoption was the logical thing to do for women who found themselves in a crisis pregnancy. With the changed mores of our society and the huge number of abortions now, those kind of adoptions are much rarer now a days. I know many people who have adopted children from a foreign country and they all have been very blessed in that experience. Hmmm, seems like there are quite a few of us adoptive moms here on this board.

My kids are now 31 and 28, but I can still remember that all that "stuff" with infertility sure took some of the fun out of sex then. Thank goodness that only lasted a couple of years till we "got smart" and got our children the "new fashioned way."

Been studying French all day. I'm having a big test next Wed. night and have a review tonight. Have been slacking off a bit, so now need to catch up. I don't think a foreign language is a good thing to try to play catch-up in.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:50 PM   #41  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Getting ready to go over to my sisters for BIL birthday, ice cream and cake, and unless there's some Breyers Vanilla, I won't be partaking in anything, besides, I had a LARGE COCONUT CARBOLITE after lunch at Ole Ole today

After running errands with Eli this morning we didn't have that much time to schmize (run) around up in Broward, but the time we had was nice

MEL-CONGRATS! That's great news on the loss this week! WOO HOO! You're inching your way closer and closer to goal! Got the picture, yes, it's a bit big. Will try to reduce it and send it over so you can load it up there. Looks like you've got DEVIL DOG next to you, all I can see are the reds of his eyes! Wrinkles, what wrinkles?????? You look great!!! Eli's son has a bumpter sticker that says "avoid wrinkles, go braless". Hmmm, that just doesn't seem to work for me!

RUTH, WELCOME We're glad to hear you are joining us soon. I know you'll feel right at home with the wonderful group of women on this board. Please, don't hesitate to ask questions about SB, the book can be vague and misleading a little and we're more than happy to help decipher it. I also recommend Michael Montignacs book, which is supposedly quite big in Canada and a good read (his book is what SB is based on). Okay, now I must ask, where is DELTA????

TV, CONGRATS! What great and wonderful news to finally hit below your low. You must be doing a happy dance!!! Okay, I'm doing one for you!! Keep up the great work!!

LIZERY, glad to see your post-we've all been wondering how you were doing. Please let us know what's going on and how you are doing when you can. I really do wish you'd try to come meet us in Orlando in a few weeks, I think you'd have a good time-try to think about it, if you can.

FROG, WOO HOOOOOO!! You go girl! That's great news! Anoher 1.5lbs!!! You're certainly headed in the right direction!

Gotta run. Will check with you all later~

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-12-2001, 07:00 PM   #42  

Thumbs down WIW evening post

Words can't describe how happy I am to see ANOTHER loss after all those months of gaining! Every pound I can lose between now and race day is one less I gotta hawl for 26.2 miles!! I was at 150 in July, the same month I was at my lowest of 146 AND the same month I started on the meds I think are responsible for the gain. With the exception of 1 week I have been losing since going off of that blasted stuff! The other thing that is a benefit of going off the meds is that I haven't seen any sort of return to the pain that I was having. I honestly think the topcial ointment treatment is working better than the drugs!

Called the vet for an appointment for no-name Kitty. She is going in at 3:00 tomorrow for a poke and proud. Hope she is feline leukemia and AIDS negative! Am going to talk to the vet more about the indoor thing. DH is probably gonna have a hard time with that. Will have to see how it all plays out. Hope I can postpone the spay until Christmas or Disney trip. Don't know what I will do with her during the holiday. Dixie goes to my in-laws (AKA "camp") but there is 100% no way they would have the cat there, especially with 2 labs (Dixie and Blaze). I think she (cat) may be getting used to my routine. Tonight when I got home I called her and she immediately came hopping over the back fence for a little din-din. LOVE to see her scale the back fence, one of those 6-foot wooden ones.

Dixie gets excited to see her too and charges up to her. She sorta cowers, but I think she is getting used to Dixie. They really are cute together. I told my boss today that I would have to have a pay raise to pay for these animals. When I made the vet appointment for the cat today I could hear the cash register ringing!! Friday I have to go to Dixie's vet to get her Rx and dog food! But I love animals and they are certainly cheaper than children. I have a pillow on my couch that says "My dog is my baby" and that she is!

Now a chance to respond to my online buds!

Congrats to all the losers!! Look at how great you are all doing during the holidays!!! That is terrific!

TV - New low! I hope I am hot on your heels!

MEL - I definetly think it was the Rx that were causing the gain. The increase in exercise between now and then is not that significant to cause such a sudden loss. It totally correlates with the ceasing of the meds. Congrats on your loss too! Thanks for the tips on Le Chat! I am so much more in favor of an insde cat, for just the same reasons that you are. One thing I struggle with is having them on the kitchen counter after a visit to the litter box. That is why I think a blend of indoor and outdoor may be a good bet for us. But on the other hand, as I drive down the street each night I worry that I will see her lying in it. The thought of it breaks my heart! I am sure that I will reach a happy conclusion, even if it means finding her a terrific indoor home.

LIZ - It was great to see your post. Hang in there and PLEASE let us know how you're doing!

KAREN and GATOR - Thanks for sharing your comments on adoption! I have never tried to become pregnant, but have always thought that I would heavily consider adoption option. The friend of a friend had a private adoption in Florida and she has a wonderful son that is a complete joy. I also know of others who have adopted internationlly with mixed results in ease of adoption and the child's developmental level. Working in the profession I do I see many children who have been adopted internationally. It is amazing to see the trends.

DEB - You need to get Eli some Breathe Right strips for that buzz saw of his. I am not familiar with Harry's. What is that? Love your new avatar BTW. It is soo cute. Corn vs. wart, hmmmm. Let me look that one up. Found a great site for you. Link to it here: Corns and Wart Info for DEB I think that might be just what you need!

APB now being sent out for the following chicks!!!
NANCE
BELINDA WANNABE
SPARKLE SCAMP
NASCAR GIRL
QUILTER
AMSERAPHIM
BEACH FAN

If you see your name, please let us know how you are. We miss you when you are away.

It's about time to go get comfy on the big red couch and continue crocheting grandma's Christmas gift, a shawl. Happy Thursday tomorrow.

Peace,
FROG

New numbers: 190/152.5/130
(37.5 down, 22.5 to go)

Last edited by Frog Lover; 12-12-2001 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #43  
Mel

BRALESS AND NO WRINKLES? Deb, you were looking at the dog!

mel
Old 12-12-2001, 08:50 PM   #44  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Got a letter from my Doctor today saying that I have to do a fasting glucose tolerance test. My sugar was 122 and she thinks I need to do this test to make sure... Diabetes is in my family, my Paternal GM had a mild (is there such a thing?) case and took
pills...not injections. She didn't mention my cholesterol or triglycerides...I guess she will lamblast me when I see her in January..

DEB AMAZING RACE is on TOMORROW NIGHT AFTER SURVIVOR....it will be the finale..

FRUIT Sorry you're down in the dumps..I know how badly you want children, and I firmly believe that one day you will have just what you want...
Let me know if you go to the game...I'll be sure to watch for you....you'll be the one in gold and purple right????

FROG Hope DIXIE is feeling better. The kitty will help her to feel better. Scratch her ears for me will you?

HELLO EVERYONE ELSE I'm about to climb up in my bed and get comfy....
Had to take SKEETER to the vet today with his annual Christmas ear infection and to get his allergy shots....WHAT was that you said FROGGIE about animals NOT being as EXPENSIVE as KIDS????

BOB
Old 12-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #45  

hi everyone,

sorry haven't posted in a week but work has really been busy I seem to have the bad luck when it comes to being on call had two 15 hr days then had to go to work on sunday. today was first day i have come home on time. well i am going to continue on SB and continue to post but i am just trying to maintain now since i just found out i am pregnant. I still am in shock. We have been trying for years. I was told i had pcos i had many of the symptoms no periods to very irregular periods. since i lost the 50lbs and have been on SB my periods have been coming on a regular basis. I had really just accepted that maybe it wasnt meant to be and i was happy with the life i had. My husband and i have gone on some great trips over the last few years. we have been to alaska panama canal and many caribbean islands. iam glad that we made the most of our time. I do understand depression about not getting pregnant it is very easy to focus on that. one day though i realized that i was alive and life was going on without me. and i remembered my sister that died when she was 17 and about all the things she would never get to do. well didnt mean to get preachy. hope i didnt offend anybody. I really do understand though about how it feels when everyone around you is pregnant and your not. I have to get back on the sb legal eating i have had bad few days have to be careful with weight gain eeven though i lost alot of weight iam still to close to danger zone also with pcos iam prone to diabetes dont want that

well got ot go very tired
susan
Closed Thread