South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 228/202.2/180

Height: 5ft 7in

Hello everyone. I started SB again on Friday of last week. I am down 4.6 lbs so far in 1 week. I have been cheating a bit too. But just like a pretzle rod her or 2-3 animal crackers that my son refuses to eat. I also made the phase 1 SB brownies but I am really looking forward to try the updated versions by you all. They sound way better.

Oh and I started SB a few months ago and lost about 30 ish lbs. Then the holidays came, and then a pregnancy loss. So I was comfort eating. So I want to get back down to 195 and then go from there. 195 is where I ended.

Oh and I am not adding my tredmill until I get back down there. I need to make sure it is OK'd by the Dr's since the D&C etc.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 246/242/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
to all the Newbies! You all seem to be doing great and I love all the support and motivation in here!
Thanks!!

TwilightMom, I'm sure all will be fine. Just keep moving forward!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 255/SB re-start 236/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Thanks!

First, Welcome, LM! I'm truly sorry about your recent loss, but I'm very proud of you for focusing on your future! We're here for you

Thank you to everyone that help reassure me that my Fr. Vanilla oops (and it really was an oops, not an intentional cheat) will not hurt me. I did notice last night that I was dying for something sweet, so I ate my SF Jello and I was ok. I also drank about 96 oz of water yesterday, too. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 238.4. I'm a bit hesitant to get too excited because I was in scrubs rather than jean (which is what I usually weigh in), so I'll weigh myself Monday morning with jeans and I'll know for sure how much I've really lost in a week!

My family, who is supposed to be on this with me, have been cheating like mad but I'm not letting them get me frustrated or down. They eat what I fix and if they don't like it, they can fix something else. I think the shock will come when I clean my cupboards to take the food that is not good for me to the local food bank and I replace it with good for us food. Hah!

Anyway, I wanted to share my excitement!!! Now I need to get some recipes!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #64  

Thanks! I think you are doing great. Do you have your scale at home? I prefer to weight with nothing on. I will take every ounce I can get at this point, lol!

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see yuor total on Monday! Maybe you should skip undies and socks too just for the few extra ounces with clothes on!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #65  

LOL! My scales are in the kitchen, so I can't weigh myself in the buff! My plan is weigh myself in the same exact outfit until I can't fit in it anymore. That will be nice!!! I can't remember what shirt I was wearing, but I know it wasn't a heavy shirt, so I'll be able to use a comparable one.

The weekend is the hardest time for me, though, so I'll have to stick to my plan like super glue {insert trademark sign here }
Old 02-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #66  

Natalie's Mom - how are you doing? I noticed you have posted for a bit, so I just wanted to see where how everything is going?!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #67  

Blech, I cheated today. I am so mad at myself.

We decided to do famous Dave's for lunch. So I figured I would have Briskett (not a great choice) and chiken. I knew I would eat the muffin, but then when we were ready to get the chec, this cute older couple behinded suggested the bread pudding! Why did I go there? Oh but we did. So I won't be eating anything else tonight, and maybe not much tomorrow. Darn!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'5"

I am going to start Phase 1 on Monday. I have done SBD in the past (in 2005) and had good results...on Phase 1. I need to do a lot of research in the next two weeks to make a successful transition to Phase 2.

Hurdle number one will be lunch - we are going to a mexican restaurant to celebrate a co-workers birthday. I am thinking I can eat a "taco salad" with grilled chicken and not eat the shell.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Bob!

Taco or fajita salad without the bowl is what I have at a Mexican restaurant. My challenge is the chips. Sitting on my hands helps.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #70  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMocarsky View Post
Blech, I cheated today. I am so mad at myself.

We decided to do famous Dave's for lunch. So I figured I would have Briskett (not a great choice) and chiken. I knew I would eat the muffin, but then when we were ready to get the chec, this cute older couple behinded suggested the bread pudding! Why did I go there? Oh but we did. So I won't be eating anything else tonight, and maybe not much tomorrow. Darn!!!
not eating in an attempt to "fix it" isn't going to help...it will just cause your blood sugar to go haywire. Eating and then not eating is what causes our metabolism to get confused...and basically shut down. Just pick yourself back up and work on getting your willpower where it needs to be.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #71  

Yeah, I was just being a drama queen, lol! I stayed the same so that is better then gaining. I will be eating my eggs this am, and I haven't thought about the rest of they day.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #72  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Starting Ph1 today with my DH. This is our second time around, as we started Ph1 for the first time on Black Friday. It was surprisingly very easy for me...especially after finding this forum and using the Supercharged food list!! I am planning on working out but not rigorously. Good luck!! Thanks for starting this thread.

Oh...I am also starting my kids on a modified Ph2, as I want to eliminate processed foods from their diets in the hopes that it'll help with DS's focusing & hyperactivity issues.

Last edited by 262mom2three; 02-08-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm new here, going to start on the phase 1 tomorrow. I've been kinda doing ph 2 for the past month and I've lost about 4 lbs.
I'm doing ok not eating the white bread, taters, etc. Not too good with the fruits. Sweets I can do without.
Looking forward to reading and learnign more here.
I have about 50 lbs to lose.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #74  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Beans: I do refried beans as a side, lentils in soups are good (making a red lentil soup tomorrow, so excited) and I also do red kidney beans heated with Mrs. Dash.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #75  
Om shanti

So first week I lost 3. Second week gained 2 1/2. Didn't do anything that I shouldn't have; didn't not do anything that I should have.

Very disappointing.
Closed Thread