South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default I'm back on Ph.1

Glad you started this thread,I planned on starting at this time..Jan.was just too too busy. Count me in with the newly starting ph.1 peoples...
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #17  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

I need to start drinking more water, too! Gosh, I have gotten used to a lot of crystal light! Otherwise, it was a good first day! I just love this plan. I tried Weight watchers recently and it is just NOT the plan for me! This is much, much more agreeable to my life. Yay!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #18  

Do you guys ever feel like you count calories on this diet? I was an avid calorie counter for years and even without realising it I count how many I've had each day. Then if I eat too many feel guilty, what gives!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #19  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

USAM- I count calories and I know lots of others do too... however, I don't think you should do it until you are in p2... Just worry about cutting the cravings in p1!!! I count calories because I know myself too well, a pinch of cheese here and a pinch of cheese there is the end of my losing!!! I use Calorie King... I have used fitday in the past and like it but being vegetarian calorie king had many more of the items I eat in their database so I went with them when I decided to purchase! Good luck with your p1!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

On most days I count calories in my head. I am small boned and petite and simply can't just eat whatever I want, no matter how healthy the foods or what plan I'm on.

Can I get away with more than my normal 1400 calories/day or less on SB? I'm not sure, since I've been eating from 1200-1400 calories daily on this plan and with the exception of one "hungry" day (where I just ate Phase I foods to fill me up), I'm not stopping because of calories consumed, I'm just not hungry.

Funny thing is, I didn't do my "mental count" today and I feel good about it. I ate my 3 meals and 3 snacks and know I kept in my normal calorie range. I'm not hungry and feel just right.

I don't know if this is just a good day or my body and SBD are really clicking. This is my last week of Phase I although I'm not on the edge of my seat to start Phase II, which I expected to be.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all - I am in week two of P1. Have done this before and am back with new determination to make this my way of life. I had been doing very well with my water till last Friday when it would not have been convenient to visit the bathroom every 5 minutes , lol. I have had a sluggish system since with an awful headache and it has taken me awhile to get things going even tho I have had lots of beans, good carbs and such. A little lacking in my milk tho. Today things seem much better and had a visit with my scale. Have a 10 # loss at the end of my 2nd P1 week . Very busy patting myself on the back. It's great to be here. Very glad for the support and all the recipes are so helpful. Linda
Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 255/SB re-start 236/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I started 2/2

Hi! I started P1 on 2/2, too!

Day 1 went ok, though I really really really wanted a cookie. Instead I had decaf tea with 1 tsp honey (I know the sugar, but I'm also sick with swollen lymph nodes and sore throat) and went to bed! I woke up feeling better (even though I still have the swollen nodes) than yesterday, not as lethargic or crabby. So, today, obviously, I start day 2. I had an egg and cheese (just a tablespoon of shredded cheddar) omlette and I'm planning a salad with chicken breast for lunch. For dinner I think we'll have chicken breast and something else, but I don't know what!

I'm already feeling stressed over the small variety (I'm used to having rice and potatoes or pasta for dinner) and increasing the veggies. My family and I are not big on veggies. I thought I was being good last night because we had baked Talapia and broccoli, but then I realized that microwaved broccoli isn't as good for you as raw so I'm hoping I didn't mess myself up already - with broccoli! If I mess up I want it to be with JUNK!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #23  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

twilightmom - you're overthinking this plan. While cooked broccoli isn't as good nutritionally speaking as raw, it still is 100 times better for you than junk. If your family isn't big on veggies -- try different methods of preparation. Boiled or steamed broccoli isn't very flavorful, but roasted broccoli is excellent and much more flavorful. You can substitute mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash for pasta, etc. Also, your family can have the extra grains. I always make an extra grain for my husband and son, they are both big eaters and need more carbs than I do.

There are so many different veggies out there -- far more than just broccoli. Start experimenting!

Just follow the list of phase 1 foods and realize that it will become second nature sooner than you might think. Overthinking is what ruins a lot of people on this diet.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #24  

I used to use coursely chopped cabbage as a substitute for rice in phase 1 so that is another good substitute.

There is nothing at all wrong with microwaving vegetables. I fix many that way. The important thing is to eat the veggies.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #25  
beachin'

Thanks, Barb. I meant to say that there was nothing wrong with microwaved veggies but I guess I missed that point.

My family eats steamed veggies all the time when I don't have time to do something else. The truth is, raw food gets very boring.

Last edited by zeffryn; 02-03-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #26  

Talking

I totally understand what you both are saying. Whew *wipes brow*! I thought I was in for it.

I had a large salad today (unfortunately, though, it was iceburg) with an egg, ham and turkey (both lean) and ranch dressing on the side. For something different, I added green peppers (which I HATE), black olives, banana peppers (ewww) and I ditched the ever so crunchy croutons. Let's face it - they may be crunchy, but they really aren't good (I'm talking about those pre-packaged ones). Instead, I put a few almonds on top and the crunch was the best!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 240/240/165

It's so important to try new ways of eating and find substitutes for your old favorites. The almonds on top of your salad sound perfect!

I am really trying to focus on finding foods that I like, are easy and quick to prepare, and affordable so that I can make this my new way of life and not just a quick fix. I am in my second week of P1 and I am down 10 lbs! I have been working out, moderately (to my comfort level), because I feel tired/worn out sometimes. I am trying to take care of myself-almost as if I was sick. And I haven't tried any of the desserts yet. I am a little anti-artificial sweetener, so a few times I have had 1/2 c of fresh blueberries for dessert. It's not exactly on plan, but I have to find a way to eat for my future (doctor's orders).
Of course, on superbowl Sunday, I ate like there was no tomorrow-so I am definitely not there yet!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #28  

Talking

I knew I would eat like a hog at the our Super Bowl party, so I didn't even start until Monday!

I have been dreading the shopping I have to do, though. I'm kinda scrounging around my house for foods we can eat until I get the gumption to go to the grocery which is a baaad idea. I live in Ohio and we don't have farmer's markets around this time of year, and the produce is so expensive that I keep putting it off. Oh, well, I'll have to go sooner rather than later!

I have some SF Jello-O waiting in my fridge for this evening. I cannot wait to have something sweet in my mouth!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I've made a few recipes from here and from other low-carb sites and some are so good I've been eating the leftovers for lunch. The first few days lunch was a bit difficult. I was eating lean roast beef with a little mayo, shredded cheese and wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf. That was fine for a few days but until I started cooking some of the recipes and had some great leftovers, I was getting afraid of what I was going to eat each day, especially for lunch.

I'm not a huge veggie lover, either, so I just make what is on the list and a lot of recipes call for chopped, sauteed veggies like onions, celery, bell peppers, etc. I have had a few salads and made an lc cole slaw that my husband said was the best he ever had (he's not on the plan - he's super skinny - but still eats what I make).

The more I got into cooking some of the recipes, the easier it's been for me on Phase I.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #30  
beachin'

I'm craving the heck out of jello. seriously. I never thought I would say that.
Closed Thread