Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #106  

Good morning everyone! I've got nothing interesting to say, but thought I'd check in anyway.

Looking forward to another Saturday here...I'll probably go walking, and then putter around home the rest of the day.

Still on the wagon..now it's time to find some breakfast.

Angela
Old 07-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #107  

My ds had the sleepover, no phone call saying he wanted to come home which is good. It was weird not having him around, dd fell asleep at 6:30pm so dh & I were alone for the first time in who knows how long. DD woke up at 4:30am this morning, I am soooo tired and my brother his wife and my 2 yr old nephew want to come to visit and go to the lake today (yawn)

Kathy & Sandra thanks for the encouragement! Kathy too funny about our punishment for having sex, and that is only sex could you imagine if you did something worse That is exactly why I fret about the teenage years, been there, done it. I was a pretty good kid, but still bratty and I can see how some kids can steer you wrong
Old 07-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #108  
Melissa

Hey everyone! I hope that you're all having fabulous Saturdays.

Where's Vickie? Did I miss something? (not that I can say much, I'm so behind!)

Kathy, I hope that you aren't working too hard. I'm sure you can manage to find one of your children who will let the dogs pee!

Niki, glad to hear that ds managed his sleepover okay. Letting him stay somewhere else overnight had to be hard. But I bet you enjoyed alone time with DH!

Angela, hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

We've been busy this morning. We had to take Murphy to the vet for his yearly vaccinations. That took awhile, then we went to the Farmer's Market. I spent quite a bit but still didn't get as much as I wanted. I did get some great strawberries, peaches, squash, zucchini, and green beans. As well as some awesome seasoning. There is a place that comes to the market called Herb'N Renewal and their stuff is wonderful. So we got several new flavors of spices.
I've got to get going and do some cleaning and organizing around here. It's hard to clean when you still aren't unpacked, but it is a work in progress. I also hope to get some real exercise in this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #109  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Sandra - BIG CONGRATS TO YOU - definitely worth bragging about - you go girl!

Angela - sounds like your sinuses are doing much better? Hope you have an enjoyable walk!

Mrshillflipper - welcome and I can understand how you feel - definitely get a cover up you feel comfortable with and go and enjoy yourself! I think you need to realize that your company is more important than what you look like!

Melissa - sounds like you found some very yummy things at the Market - I'm sure you will enjoy them. I love shopping at markets for fresh produce!

Niki - congrats on a successful sleepover - how exciting for your ds - I'm so glad it was a good experience for him. I agree w/Kathy - when they are teenagers it will be a different story! Someone at work sent me a cartoon the other day: Mothers of teenagers can understand why some animals eat their young! ha ha ha

So are you off to the lake? or having a nice snooze?

We ended up going to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night with big and little ds in tow! (Dd was actually already gone to the theatre w/friends!). We had so much trouble getting in - huge lineups and I was super crabby - but we eventually made it (and even found 4 seats together). It was pretty good, but very long and we weren't home til midnight! I am very tired today of course.

Tried to sleep in but couldn't - so I decided to GO TO THE GYM? What was that you say? A froufie waking up on saturday morning to exercise? Well the great motivator was the number on the scale I saw when i weighed myself this morning. (I have been 'stuck' for while and trying to get to 10 lbs gone by next week's gym weigh in/measurement). So far I am about 8.2 lbs down - which is really encouraging!

On the way back from the gym I stopped at the grocery store outdoor nursery lot - of course everything is now on sale (yes I"m a bit late)...but I got some great deals: 2 tomato plants, 2 green peppers, 2 orange peppers, 1 burning bush, 1 weigela, 1 potentilla (pink), 1 purple bell flower (perennial), 1 silver leaf euonymus, and a small blue spruce spreading thing - all for $37!!

I have not planted them yet - but 'placed' them in the front garden - still looking for my big/major piece (hopefully a weeping peashrub?) and then can add the other shrubs and get some more perennials to fill in the gaps! Too hot now to garden tho (around 90 degrees!) so will try to do this later (want to plant the veggies along the side of the house) maybe when the sun sets or tomorrow (altho there is a chance of rain?)

Still need to order some patio furniture (sale ends tomorrow) and go bra shopping!

Later,

Frouf
Old 07-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #110  
Melissa

Congrats Frouf!!! That is such a great loss!!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #111  
focused and aiming

frouf, congratulations!!!! that's a great loss. i am very very happy for you.

hello to all who have been here or who are yet to come. we just got home from the local archery tournament. we had a great time and did a lot of visiting with folks around burgers afterward. i even get to log in some exercise minutes as we did a lot of walking. life is good.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #112  

Wow Sandra and Frouf.........look at you two go...that is amazing!! Big big high five to both of you!!!
Im off tonight.,,,,hoping if not to lose while Im away at least maintain. Not bringing my scale this time..(yes I usually travel with it...yes kathy..I too am addicted haha)
Ill be checking in prob on monday........
have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #113  
focused and aiming

patti, have a lot of fun on your vacation. i'm addicted to scales, too, and usually take ours with us when we go south. i'm not sure it ever did me any good, though. maybe it was just a security blanket. enjoy your evening off.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #114  
Melissa

Have a great time Patti!

Hi Sandra!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Enjoy your trip, Patti!

Frouf, you ROCK, girl! That is awesome -- and your very, very hard work is paying off! I am super impressed, not only with the loss but also with that Saturday morning gym visit!

Melissa, great vegetables! I should go too ... we have a vegetable store (but no Farmer's Market) nearby that has great stuff and prices too. Maybe I'll go next Saturday since Judd will be home by then. Otherwise, it'll be after we get back from Colorado. I'm sure you're excited about having fresh produce AND new herbs to experiment with!

Oh and Frouf, great finds at the nursery! I would LOVE to have some tomato plants but waited too long and now they're all gone, at least from Home Depot. I was going to plant them in a pot on the back patio. Maybe I'll try another place. We can be farmers together!

Sandra, it's nice to hear you so happy. Visiting with folks over a good burger sounds like a great time -- PLUS getting in some walking! You are doing so well and I'm really looking forward to watching that ticker drop!

I cut my bangs today and feel much better about all these haircuts ... finally I think I might be able to live with them. Of course, don't tell anyone but I used my desk scissors (so dull they barely cut paper) and sat right there at my desk this morning ... just cutting away.

Guess I'd better get crackalackin' and do something around here. I ended up leaving work at 12 because that's when the last security closer was leaving. I wanted to stay longer but oh well.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #116  
focused and aiming

kathy, i can just see you sitting there whacking away at those bangs. i'll bet you did a good job. it sounds like you're happy with the results. you go, girl!! we did have a good time visiting with everyone today. it's hard to believe we had competed, eaten, and visited and were gone before noon. results won't be in till 3 but we decided it was time to head home.

melissa, we stopped at a market in the town where we were shooting this am. all i got was 2 great looking bunches of green onions. they have big bulbs. i love them like that and can't get them at local grocery stores. their green onions are just "straight" from leaves to tip. it sounds like you're well stocked and ready to enjoy yourself.

kathy, i'm glad you came on home earlier. you deserve some time off. do you have any plans for today? my niece down in ft worth is having her 12th bday today. they're all going to a place called charleston's over on hulen. i had never heard of it before. have you been there?

curtis is still napping. i'm trying to be quiet. not much else going on here. have a good afternoon, all.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #117  

Congratulations frouf & Sandra!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #118  

Height: 5'7"

I have been to Charleston's before with Judd and his parents. It was really good; in fact, last week when I went to Central Market (it's on Hulen and I-30), I had gone from Arlington down 30 to Hulen, then when I left, I went south on Hulen to 20 and then back to Arlington. I passed by it and thought about that time when we went. Funny you should mention it.

I hope you did well in the tournament.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #119  
focused and aiming

thank you, kathy. we were just shooting without sights today--not our high tech gear. a funny thing happened, though. a reporter from the newspaper down there took a photo of me. she said it would run in wed's paper. i think i must be a novelty being the only old woman who was there. i know that photo is going to be AWFUL. i had on a sleeveless top, very very baggy clamdiggers, and hiking boots. we were in tall grass and i needed to keep my legs covered even though it was way too hot for me to wear jeans. i'll post that photo when i get a paper. it's going to be an excellent "before" photo. my arms are probably flapping in the wind. oh, well, life goes on.

charleston sounds like a neat place. ahhhhhhhh maybe some day. that is a coincidence about your thinking of it, too. i have a question. is rick's on the bricks still out in camp bowie? i loved his fried pickles.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #120  
focused and aiming

(i talk about restaurants a lot, don't i?)

vickie? where are you? i hope you're out in your pool having fun.
Closed Thread