Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #16  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

So glad to hear Bernie's knee pain is not serious and can be fixed with a little R&R.

And I too was almost in the 'land of the gimps' as I twisted my knee somehow last night while doing laundry - definitely in pain when walking on it this morning but by later it seemed to have gone away! I do have a massive mosquito bite on the back of my left thigh which is driving me crazy now - and something on the bottom of my right big toe? Not sure if I got a sliver from the deck yesterday or a bit or just irritation? Dh can't see anything there? and it hurts more tonighit than this morning - will have to have another look at it again!

Niki - sounds like a busy weekend for you too! No I did not see monster-in-law. Perhaps I should rent it and invite my mil over to watch with us?

She is not that old (76) but sure is getting bitter - and making those around her want to stay away. She did end up calling her daughter/my sil yesterday while we were all there - too funny as we all tried to stay quiet. But of course sil did tell her everyone was over so I guess she must have figured it out and realized she was not invited!

Kathy - have fun with the LO - I don't think I could pick up ice cream for someone and not get any for myself? You are a strong woman!

Vickie - do not NAP in the bathtub! But I guess you learned that the hard way? Glad you are all prepared for your 'party' tomorrow! Let us know how the lemon cake turned out.

Melissa - have fun visiting with your aunt - and I hope you get some down time too!

Paula - have a nice visit with your family - and it sure sounds like the 'moving' is coming along nicely! You seem very calm and organized (did I ever mention how much I HATE MOVING???)

Saundra - love the hairdo! I also couldn't believe how windy it was yesterday - today it was windy too but I don't think as much! Was in your 'neck of the woods' today - big visit to Walmart to stock up on my essentials (and then of course things I didn't really need but they sure looked good and the price was right?). Then some groceries at the Loeb!

I went to bed late of course - woke up early - put a load of laundry in the dryer - then was not planning to go back to sleep - just lay down for a few minutes (cuz that left knee was hurting) - next thing you know back asleep til 11:30!!! so had a very late start to the day - like breakfast at 1 pm?

And for some reason - I just can't stop eating tonight? Had some cut up veggies/dip when we got home - prepared dinner (lo hamburger, salad, roast potatoes) at it. Then dessert (sf rice pudding)....then could not resist the challah/egg loaf I got - so a couple of slices of that - then some mv popcorn!!! I don't think I was even that hungry? I think it is misplace 'sunday' night stress as I am going back to work tomorrow? (Yes Melissa - to be independently wealthy and to never have to work again...sigh). Have packed up goodies for work and planning to go to gym after.

I dare not get on the iron beast in the morning!!!

Frouf
Old 07-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks and Happy Fourth of July to the US Chicks!

I slept ok but no where near long enough. No nap for me later unless I'm brave enough to try to get another one in the tub. I need to stay on my back this time! We are supposed to be at the Niece's at noon so I need to get moving early this morning. It takes me a good hour plus to get ready normally. Now that I have to do most of the chores it takes me longer. I'm stopping at Dunkin Donuts on my way to get myself and my Sister an iced coffee. I'll use FF cream in mine. So, we need to leave here around 11:30.

Today is a really bad day for my pup and kitty. It's been bad for the last couple of nights but it'll be really bad today. I'll leave the house all closed up and put the radio on loud while we are gone. I'm guessing that we'll be home before dark, since Niece wants to go watch the official fireworks show. Fine with me so I can be with my scaredy pup and cat.

Melissa, did you enjoy Chilis? Could I eat Core there? Niece is often trying to get me to go there because she loves the endless chips and salsa. Where you able to find a great gift?

Saundra, I'm so glad you enjoyed the muffins! I think they are just right in size. I can't really recommend the peach ones. They were just WAY too moist, even though I cooked them longer. Blueberry are really the best so far. What great news about Bernie's knee! It must have been a huge relief for him. Now for the hard part.....staying off of it for a week. What is he supposed to do at work? I'm sure he stands all the time!

Sandra, I hope your blueberries are yummy! We don't have a Costco yet. They're just building ours so I'll be looking forward to it soon. Many people say they like Costco better than Sam's Club. I'll have to choose because I'm not going to pay two memberships. I was proud of myself for exercising in the pool. The weather is promising to be hot on the weekend so I'm hoping to be in there alot. I'll miss Jim though! What are you and Curtis doing today?

Paula, you are SO busy! I'd feel the same way about sanitizing the new house.....clean freak that I am. If it's going to be dirty, then it has to be MY dirt. My Niece changes all the toilet seats when she moves into a new house. Makes me laugh! Good luck with the yard sale and have a great time and the BBQ.

Frouf, I'm glad you enjoyed your day with the MIL. It's weird that you have to be at work today. Enjoy your workout at the gym today. It'll be nice to get back into your routine. I certainly need to get back into mine!

Kathy, I'm jealous! I can't cook fish at home since Jim doesn't eat it and can't stand the smell. I can only have it out. All he'll eat is fried shrimp. Being home is actually one of the down sides to dieting. It was easier for me to distract myself from food while I was working. Of course, then there was the stress eating so I guess none of us has a perfect environment, huh?! So never mind....dieting is just hard for everyone!

Last edited by Vickie; 07-04-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #18  

Good morning ladies! Well, I did fairly well OP yesterday. We had a lunch bbq at my younger sister's FIL's house. That's confusing. Anyway, it was out in the Iowa countryside, and it was a beautiful old farmhouse that he's been renovating. I brought bubbles, a huge ball, and one of those velcro ball-catching games for the kids. And, instead of snacking on chips and sitting around while the food cooked, dh and I played catch for about an hour. My arm is sore now, but I was getting exercise! For the meal, I had a chicken breast, some Core potato salad, a tiny bit of coleslaw, baked beans, corn on the cob. That's the good stuff. For the bad stuff, I had a few chips, and about 3 cookies. All in all, not TOO bad. I'm a cookie monster, so I'm happy I was able to get rid of them later and not have them hanging around tempting me.

I wasn't hungry at dinnertime, so I just waited until later when I was hungry. I had some Cheerios, a tiny bit of LO meatloaf, and a nectarine.

So although I didn't stay OP, it was definitely a victory, because in the past I would have really gone nuts.

Today will be another challenge. BIL and SIL (the one from Colombia) will be coming over either for lunch or dinner (or both?) and then out onto the boat to watch the fireworks. In our city, City Hall is on an island in the river that runs through downtown. They set off the fireworks from the end of the island, so out on the boat is a great place to watch. But I'm really foggy about what the food situation will be, so I will just pray for strength. It helps that my beautiful bag of nectarines is ripe. Nectarines are my favorite fruit I think.

Anyway, long post today, but I just wanted to recap in my mind. I'm going to do my weekly weigh in in a little bit.

Angela
Old 07-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, you GO girl! You did great yesterday and you'll do great today. Even if you have one bad meal it's no big deal...just hop back on the wagon. I love long posts from you. I can tell you are focused. Me too!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good Morning Vickie and Angela,

It sounds like there's a lot of commitment this holdiday. Good for you. It's better to be prepared than not.

Of course, it's just a run of the mill Tuesday for us Canuks. Bernie is okay to be standing, he's just not suppose to run, so work should be fine. Only thing is that he's slower than usual. I'm going for my last massage treatment at noon. I'll submit my receipts, and that's it.

Okay, I think that I'll do some laundry and tidy up before I get back to my book. Oh, the life of an at home woman.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, Costco is SO much better than Sam's in my opinion. The produce is great, the meat looks much, MUCH better and I have found that they're more consistent in the products they stock.

I stayed up til about 1:00 last night so I slept a little longer this morning. Now I'm doing laundry and that's about all I'm going to do today. We aren't going anywhere and nobody's coming over, so it should be a quiet day. Oh and morning weight was back to 143.4 so I was relieved to see that.

Angela, sounds like you had a great day yesterday and another planned today! I hope you enjoy the fireworks!

Better get going ... I just thought I'd stop by quickly between laundry loads.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #22  
Paula

Good morning all, Craig is sleeping since he had to work last night so I am finding more stuff for the yard sale. I had to make the potatoe salad and baked beans for the BBQ today. The potatoe salad is core but the beans are not. I jut won't eat very many beans. My mom made apple pie with splenda so other than the crust it should be ok.
It is pretty hot today. Close to 90. For the mountains of Western North Carolina, close to 90 is hot even in July.
Frouf, if you saw my house right now, you wouldn't say I was organized at all! Oh and I really hate moving too but it is worth it to get the house we love out in the boonies!
Vickie, I can sometimes be a clean freak too. I agree, if it is going to be dirty it has to be my dirt. It is always nice to move into a fresh clean house. I have the steam cleaner in the truck ready to go and lots of cleaning supplies.
We may try to fit it seeing some fireworks tonight. I love to watch them. I don't like to shoot them myself but I don't mind watching others. Have a great day everyone. I better go find some more stuff to get rid of while Craig is sleeping.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #23  

Okay all, I did my weekly weigh in this morning, and I am down 3 pounds! Some of that is from TOM this week, but hey, I'll take it.

Time to go change my tracker...

Angela
Old 07-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #24  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL MY AMERICAN CHICKIE FRIENDS!

Hope you are enjoying your day off and taking part in lots of celebrations!

I am of course AT WORK! and hating every second of it. Too little sleep didn't help - had lots of trouble falling asleep last night - and obviously even more trouble getting up today!

Had an unscheduled 'samosa' snack this morning from a co-worker - not on my 'daily plan' but it was really yummy. Just finished lunch and trying to drink more water!

Sounds like a lot of bbqs and parties and fireworks going on - hope the weather cooperates.

I am off to the gym after work...and need to visit the library - might do that after dinner? or ???

Later,

Frouf
Old 07-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #25  

Angela, congratulations! You're on your way!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #26  

Angela CONGRATULATIONS, great loss!

Knew you would do it!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #27  

Frouf, I must say that's the shortest post I've ever seen you make!

Paula, good luck with the yard sale. I need to have one too but it's not so imperative as yours, since I'm not moving any time soon. And congratulations on the new house (I meant to say that earlier but forgot) ... as you know I just LOVE Asheville and plan to visit within the next year or so. My mom has decided I should take my sister's ashes to the Blue Ridge Parkway and find a pretty place to scatter them. That was her favorite area, and her years in Asheville were some of the happiest in her life.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

kathy, you are 100% right about our bods having default weights. mine for years was in the 170's. recently it's been the 190's. it seems to fight me when i try to lose below. one of my ww leaders (i've had many) said she has to stay near the upper end of the ww goal cuz she'd have to live on lettuce to stay at a lower weight. she chose to weigh the higher amt and be more comfortable with her eating.

congratulations on your fabulous morning weigh in.

saundra, sounds like bernie will soon be jogging again. that's good.

okay, frouf, no more doing laundry for you. we don't want you hurt.

vickie, i know you're having fun at the party. enjoy every minute. curtis and i went to golden corral for lunch. we both did well and had fruit for dessert. you know how it is on the 4th of july--watermelon! we're not doing anything else today but staying in keeping cool. we will watch the fireworks display down in the valley from out deck tonight. it's always magnificent. (and romantic)

angela, congratulations on making good choices yesterday. i'm sending you for today. you're a steel magnolia and will do fine. congratulations on losing 3 lbs. that's amazing!

paula, enjoy your day. curtis had some campfire beans at golden corral today. they tasted a lot like baked beans to me. (he gave me a taste.) have you had any? i'm going to look for a recipe and see if i can "core" it.

have a great day, all.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #29  

I decided to stay with therapy a little while longer. I'll go every two weeks and just pay. My therapist thinks she can help Bernie in a quick manner. I've made and appointment for him to see the doctor at the clinic, as a referal is necessary for our plan. Of course, I haven't told Bernie about this.

Kathy, I'm lost on Ebay. I see an buy it now price, but don't see where I can bid. HELP please!

Sandra, any plans for today? Are you and Curtis still looking for a lot to build on?

Frouf, careful with that laundry. I'm so acident prone, that I'm always watching those stairs very carefully.

Speaking of which, better go down and bring up load two.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #30  
Melissa

Saundra, I don't know if I missed something, but about your ebay question, some items do not have an option to bid. Some are only buy it now. When you click on an item description there should be a spot right in the middle of the page that have a spot to bid, and below will say "buy it now..." If there isn't a spot to bid, it might be a buy it now only option. Just a thought, hope it helps.
Closed Thread