3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Simply Filling/Core

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #121
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Gee Sandra - your arms can't be that flappy if you're going sleeveess? I NEVER EVER go sleeveless - too scary in my opinion! Sounds like you had a good time - and with exercise in there to boot. We await your 'featured' picture with bated breath!

kathy - I also got this great visual of you cutting your hair with these clunky office scissors - did you even have a mirror or maybe just used the reflection from your darkened computer monitor? ha ha ha. I am glad you actually did not have to work all day! Hope you are having some fun now!

As for tomato plants most of them looked pretty sad - I got only two but will look for more elsewhere. So will the neighborhood bunnies be eating my veggies? (if and when they 'sprout'?). I am still indoors but as the sun is waning I will go out and plant the 6 veggie plants soon (ds is just itching to help me out).

Not sure what we are up to tonight? I am back in my jammies - tried to have a nap - but too many noises and stuff going on at home (dh was snoring away tho!). Got almost all the laundry done, and have to go look thru dd's room and bathroom - now that she is gone for two weeks! (she did not want to go by the way - lots of whining and complaining all day long!).

Thanks for the good wishes - honestly I was getting desperate with the weight loss. About 4 weeks ago (jun 12) I weighed in at a whopping 220 lbs (nekkid) - VERY NOT GOOD! Just about the time I visited the dr and got the bp meds, and booked the cruise - all of this was great motivation to at least get some of the weight off! It would be nice to see the 10 lbs off by july 12? And possibly another 10 before the cruise!!! (and while that won't even make me near being a lightweight at least some of my clothes will fit - or at least I won't be in pain in my elastic waist pants! )

Hope Vickie is swimming in the pool? I think today was the christening party, no?

Paula - hope you will check in and let us know how the garage sale went!

Melissa - So what veggies are you having with your dinner?

Ya - I pigged out at 'lunch' - I think I let myself get too hungry - ending up eating TWO turkey breast sandwiches (4 pm) and now not hungry - so we'll see what happens later - maybe a snack later on?

That's it for now!

Frouf

20 LBS OFF BY CRUISE TIME - January 21, 2012!!

Last edited by Froufy; 07-09-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #122
focused and aiming

frouf, believe me i should not have been sleeveless. we in an open field in the hot sunshine. i was afraid i'd get too hot with sleeves. i'm sure that photo is going to shock me into another depression. maybe it will help keep me motivated.

i am so proud of you for taking control and getting yourself on track. i know that's not easy especially with as much on the go as you are. you hang in there and i'll hang there with you.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #123
Melissa

I never go sleeveless either! It's one of my goals though!

DH got super frustrated working on his shelving project, and I think he wants to go to Dairy Queen tonight. So I'm going to investigate something low in points.

Sandra, it sounds like you had fun today. Frouf, watch out for those bunnies!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #124

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Couldn't sleep and just laid there in bed since 4, so I decided to get up. I've had my coffee out on the patio, pottied the big dog, and am now watching a movie.

I'll check in later to see what's going on. Have a great Sunday.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #125
Paula

Good morning everyone. We had a great yard sale. There were not very many in the area and our signs said moving sale, everything must go. They must have worked because I got home from work at 7:15 and the first people arrived at 7:30 and it was nonstop until about 2! We sold a ton of stuff (still have a lot) and made $390.00!!!! I think it is a yard sale record for us. Now we can buy the fencing for the dogs at the new house right away! I was so tired. We went to dinner to celebrate and then I came home and crashed. I slept from 5 yesterday to just a few min ago. I have lots of packing and moving to do today.
Melissa, I love pampered chef. I used to sell it but I just got too busy (and maybe a little lazy). I had a lot of fun and got lots of cool stuff.
Kathy, I agree with the punishment for sex being teenagers. I only have one child but she counted for about 4 from age 13 to 19. She is better now, almost 22.
Guess I better go eat some breakfast and get busy. Have a great day everyone.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #126

Good morning ladies! It seems that everyone is sleeping in here. It's just me and oldest dd, and it's 8:30 am, almost unheard of. I think this week that dh has had off work has just worn us all out.

I think my medicine is starting to take effect, which makes me happy. I did some reading on sinus surgery, and it sounds like something I'd like to avoid.

Today we're going to church, and then hopefully we'll just rest.

Later,
Angela

Old 07-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #127
focused and aiming

good morning. i haven't been up long. it's a gorgeous day. don't know what we'll be doing cept i know i need to clean the kitchen.

kathy, you're up awfully early. do you have something planned for today?

melissa, i am extremely embarassed about my arms, too. both grandmothers had huge arms. i have had them forever, too, it seems. i never thought many folks would see me sleeveless yesterday. i wore a denim shirt over the sleeveless tank till we got there and got registered. then it was sooooo hot i had to take the shirt off. never ever did i think a newspaper reporter would appear out in that field of high grass. a path had been mowed for us to walk target to target. that reporter stood in waist high grass (dont' know what kind of grass it is but i think they call it sweet grass) to take that photo. it's going to be all arms. oh, well, life goes on. i'm lucky not too many people in that area know me. not too many folks know me here in missoula either but i doubt the ones who do will see that paper. (thank goodness)

paula, congratulations on making the big bucks. i know they will come in handy while you're moving.

angela, i'm glad you're feeling better. makes me smile.

vickie, where are you?

Last edited by ontarget; 07-09-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #128

Height: 5'7"

I have nothing but housework planned for today. Oh and going to the grocery store. I already cut up a bunch of cherries to add to blueberries and strawberries this week so that when I want fruit, it's ready to go.

Judd left a little while ago for Whiteman AFB and will be home Friday. For now it's quiet but Kate is coming over in a little while to get her new insurance card (renews today) so it'll liven up a bit. She's a wee bit louder than the others.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #129
focused and aiming

we're home from practicing and having lunch. we went to kfc (again). i am finding that i'm not eating as large servings as i had been. i ate 2 chicken tenders instead of 3 today. this was not a core lunch, but i will be extra careful the rest of the day. i get to go back to water aerobics tomorrow night. i can't wait. i'm already addicted.

vickie, i'm getting worried.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #130
Melissa

Hey ladies--
Just woke up from a nap. I've been so tired this weekend and not slept at all like I wanted to. Of course was up early for church then after church our sunday school class held a cookout at an apartment complex. Yesterday was busy too, and for some reason I didn't sleep very good last night.

Vickie, I hope you are just off having fun somewhere.

Kathy, are you saying that Kate is more like you than the rest? I hope that you enjoy some time with her, I know you've missed her since she moved out. And I'm so glad that you are resting today!

I hope Saundra is enjoying her weekend, too!

Sandra, I still can't get over your great loss. I'm waaaaaaay behind.

I'm actually not sure what's going on with my body. WARNING, TMI TO FOLLOW, WARNING. You all know I went off my bcp...well my period is a week late (well, later than it would have been on bcp) but I got a big negative on a pregnancy test. The thing is about 1-2 weeks ago I was having serious symptoms--cramping, major bloating, etc. etc.--and now they're all gone except for the bloating, which is driving me crazy. I feel so fat, and I'm just too scared to get on the scales. Anyway, my point is to ask you all if you have experienced this and what you think I might ought to do. I'm kind of at a loss. OK, sorry for the overload of info, but I'm just looking for suggestions.

Gotta go get ready, I think we're going to go buy a grill this afternoon! I'm so excited and my mouth is already watering.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #131
Melissa

Oh I forgot to say Congrats to Paula! What a great earning from your yard sale!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #132

Melissa, I'd test again if I were you. When did you test last? Do you tend to have pretty irregular cycles, or not? I know each time I was pregnant, I was sure TOM was coming. The symptoms are very similar...cramping, bloating, sore breasts, etc. Another symptom of early pregnancy is fatigue and nausea. You did say you were tired, didn't you?

Any way you look at it though, it's a huge waiting game. There have been times I've convinced myself I was pregnant, even though I knew I couldn't be. Tests are so inexpensive now, you might as well buy a few 2-packs and keep them on hand.

Good luck, and my fingers are crossed for you.

Angela

Old 07-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #133
focused and aiming

melissa, i don't know if i'm right or not, but i'm thinking your body might be adjusting to not being on bcp. but i think you should keep testing, too. this is exciting!!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #134
Melissa

Thanks Angela. Yes, I have had all of those symptoms. They have come with full force and are now less severe. I'm not sure how my cycles are, because I've been on bc since I was 17 (due to ovarian cysts). I saw some tests at the dollar store the other day and have heard of others using them with good results, so I might stock up. But I just tested yesterday, so I guess I'm going to wait a little while longer. Thanks for the well wishes!

Sandra, hi! That's why I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I was just sure that test would be positive though. Anyway, like I said I've been on bc for a long time, so I'm sure that my body is having a crazy time adjusting either way.

Thanks ladies!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 07-09-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #135

Hi everyone, we took the children to play miniature golf today and then to McDonalds, can you believe I only had a Iced Coffee with equal and 2 % milk, boy those fries were looking good but tomorrow night I go get weighed so I didn't dare eat one. Ds lost his second baby tooth while eating his burger, so the tooth fairy has to make another appearance tonight. He asked me what she looks like, I told him I never saw her she comes when everyone is sleeping, kinda creepy if you ask me. The innocence of a child is wonderful

Sandra I never wear sleeveless tops but I have a black tie wedding to go to in August and i found this gorgeous Black Evening dress brand new on ebay for $38.00 which is sleeveless so I will wear a shawl with it to cover the upper arms and I am sure it will be cold in the reception hall they always have the air conditioner on fall blast, good excuse to keep the shawl on.

Melissa when I was pregnant with ds I had all the symtons that it was TOM, I even took a pregnancy test which came up negative, A week later no TOM and I took another test and it was positive. So if it doesn't show up by next week do another test, you never know.

Angela glad you are feeling better with the meds.

Paula great yard sale, I have so much stuff in my basement that i need to clean out I really should have one.

Choo Choo, I think I can I think I can!

Closed Thread