Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #196  
Paula

Hello everyone. Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday or until now. I am supposed to be at work tonight but I am on call. We have to get 5 admissions before I will be called in. I worked last night and was sooooo busy all night. I am glad for the break tonight even if I end up having to go in later. I am using the time to pack some stuff....I am really tired of packing. Oh well, it must be done. I better get back to packing in case I have to go to work later. Have a great evening everyone.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #197  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! Whew....another busy day. I haven't sat down all day. Ran to Walmart and then to pick up Jim. I came home, put away the stuff I bought, did some laundry and made some blueberry muffins. I just finished cooking dinner and am mostly done cleaning up. I told Jim I needed 10 minutes in front of the computer to unwind. He's a great guy.

Oh yeah...and I walked on the treadmill before I left. Only did 25 minutes. I wore out quick today. My treadmill is acting funny again. I hope it's not the motor. It won't increase speed while I'm walking on it. Sigh.

So let me go see what's been up with all of you.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #198  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Melissa! You are one sweetie pie. Jim's situation is not as stressful as I thought it would be. I sure am tuckered out though. He's trying to help anyway he can with things that won't hurt his shoulder. I don't complain out loud to him because I don't want him to force himself to do things that he shouldn't. You'll get back op soon. It's hard to follow any program when you don't have the time to plan, shop, and cook. Sometimes you just have to make choices that don't coincide with the program.

Frouf, Melissa made a great point.....the exercise could be making you a bit more hungry. Patti could also be right about needing to drink more water. I find that when I'm successful on Core, I need to drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of pure water in addition to my other beverages. I think that fiber needs to get washed through! I'm with you GF...I love the sparkly. Thanks for telling me how you handle your Quaker Factory stuff. Now I won't be afraid to order it anymore! Woo Hoo! I'll go look at the outfit again when I finish this message. I'm afraid to lose this post if I try to look again now.

Kathy, my fingers are crossed that you hit 141 on Monday if that's what will make you happy! I'm not backing away from my potatoes though! You make some excellent points and for sure we need to make sure that we stick to one serving. You're right....we've all got to learn what our triggers are and deal with them in a rationale way. Actually for me, it's harder to eat one serving of avocado than it is to eat one serving of mashed potatoes. Weird huh? I'm still trying to finish reading the Sugar Solution from Prevention Magazine. It's all about the glycemic index which I'm very interested in. You probably know enough to be a Nutritionist!

Patti, I never heard of Crocs. I'm a Clarks and Birkie girl, myself. Sooooo comfortable. It's all about comfort for me now! I think Sandra and my friend Deborah both recommended evening primrose. I need to do some research to see what it's all about. I'm open to considering natural alternatives. I'll check my Sugar Solution book to see the glycemic index of fruits and veggies. I know there are a couple of lists in there. I don't think it recommended to avoid the high glycemic foods but rather to limit them to one serving in a day. Maybe that's the reason that we can only have potatoes/rice/pasta once daily.

Alrighty then, I'm off to clean the broiler pan. Harumpf! That was for you, Melissa!

I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #199  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I have heard from more than one source that EPO is good for PMS. E-I-E-I-O. That's what I always feel like saying when I have more than one acronym in a sentence.

I'm closing this one and starting another. 200+ posts is pretty much our new limit. See you on the other board!
Closed Thread