Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Thanks Melissa, that's probably the case.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

If you see something that says buy it now (BIN), you would just click that. If they started it as an auction and added a BIN, and you are the first bidder, the BIN goes away. There's a new (well, sorta new) option though that it can be strictly a BIN price and not be an auction. That's probably what you were seeing.

Confused now?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #33  

So, I sent the seller a message asking if he's taking bids on the item.

Is this WW Core, or EBAY 101?

I hope everyone is having a great holiday!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #34  
Melissa

It's a little bit of everything!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

saundra, i think you're wise to stay in pt. i'm glad you're getting bernie into it, too. we are halfheartedly looking for land (5-10 acres), but we have been looking around our place thinking how much we like it. sure makes a difference with roses blooming and fruit on the trees. we have a cherry tree in the front that is ready for picking. apples, pears, and plums are still in process. to move, we'll have to find "the" place. i'm really thinking we'll stay here. but ask me tomorrow and i may have a different story. we keep flipflopping on this.

i had some core popcorn and a diet coke this afternoon. felt sinful it was soooo good.

tonight we'll watch fireworks in the valley below from our deck.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #36  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Saundra - too funny about watching myself in the laundry room - no stairs for me - I actually have a 2nd floor laundry room, right outside my bedroom (highly recommended by the way) so at least I can't go down a flight of stairs!

Angela - way to go - very inspiring - keep up the good work!

Sandra - hope you had a lovely display of fireworks and are still enjoying the roses, cherries, plums, apples and pears tomorrow!

...which reminds me must go check my ebay bids to see how I'm doing. I actually did 'win' a couple of skirts the other day. Lane Bryant - one black long kinda crystal pleated chiffon overlay on black, and a more 'peasant' like one, long, flared - black alternating w/pink/purple flower pattern! Thought they could be something to wear on the cruise for the less formal evenings? and both cost about $17 US!!! (plus shipping of course).

I was very bad tonight - seems like the 'home environment' is my downfall? Came home fromt the gym - dh had roast chicken ready to go...I made a sweet potato in microwave and some buckwheat/bowties as well - but first a slide of bread went into my mouth. Then had dinner - then had seconds - then felt bloated....then had another piece of bread....then ds wanted ice cream and there was a couple of spoonfuls left in the tub so I had that...then dd had baked a marble cake w/chocolate icing - so I had a piece of that as well....wow - what an eating machine. How can I possibly lose weight if I continue to eat like this in the evenings? Maybe need to get out of the kitchen as soon as dinner is over?

Good news is I did go the gym after work (thank god for that) and obviously have to go tomorrow as well! That or some duct tape for my mouth!

Frouf
Old 07-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm very tired. We had to stay up until after 1:00 before Cassie would go outside. She really had to go but was too scared. Anywhoo, Jim got back up at 6:15 and it woke me up too. He has PT at 11:30 so my day needs to get moving shortly. I have NO idea what to make for dinner so we are probably going out.

It got quite cool here last night so I opened up the house for some fresh air. I have no idea what the temperature is supposed to be today. Still it's nice to have fresh air if only for a while.

The party was great fun yesterday. I ate too much but almost all was Core. I had a chocolate dipped strawberry from the chocolate fountain and decided that it wasn't that exciting. I acually prefer a piece of Dove dark chocolate to messing around with the fountain. The lemon pop cake was very yummy and completely worth 3 points. Next time I'd skip the poppyseeds since everyone doesn't like them. I brought a couple of pieces home, since Jim didn't get a piece yesterday and I'd like another.

Now I've just got to figure out what my routine is going to be. I must start losing weight again. I'll be introspective for the next couple of days while I figure it out.

Let's go see what you are all up to.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, it's a relief to know that Bernie can still do his job without making his knee worse. And, I'm very glad that you're staying in therapy even though you have to pay for it yourself. It would be short sighted to stop if you foot isn't better yet AND they say they can still help you some more. I'm guessing they'll reach a point where they'll say this is the best it's going to get. I'm hoping your foot is like new by then!

Kathy, congratulations on being back down under 144. You sure are an inspiration for maintenance! It's good that you had a quiet day. You needed one. I love the idea of scattering your Sister's ashes in a place she loved. For me and Jim it would be the ballpark!

Paula, Jim and I feel the same way about fireworks. We LOVE them but have no desire to shoot them off ourselves. You know the Chicago White Sox where the first baseball team to do fireworks. Since I was a kid they've been having a fireworks show after Saturday night games. They are SO spectacular and are even set to music. We didn't see any fireworks last night since we we busy comforting our doggy/kitty.

Angela, OMG! Congratulations on dropping almost a THIRD of what you are trying to get rid of. I'm so very proud of you and encouraged for myself at the same time!

Sandra, you and Curtis are just like me and Jim. We have SO much fun together. I need to start considering fruit as dessert. It would save me many WPA's! I love all kinds of beans so I'm looking forward to your coreified baked beans recipe. Did you see my note about your friend's lemon cake? It was good. Now certain people look for my ww dessert at parties so they can try to save calories and have something tasty. I wish I could be at your house to eat all that wonderful fruit picked straight from the trees. Is it good?

Frouf, what's a samosa? I understand about the eating at home dilemma. It's not easy....not that I'm making excuses.....

Ok...off to the menu thread!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #39  

Vickie, great idea, I just opened some windows here too. Actually, I'm having someone come in today to give an estimate on moving the air conditioning unit from the back of the house to the side. We had the system put in when we bought the house from the builder, and weren't asked where we wanted it. It's on brackets at the back, where we put a deck three years ago. It would be so nice to get rid of the noise too. So far, it seems to be over $1000.00, which is nuts. I figure $500.00 would be acceptable.
Glad that you had fun yesterday. You really have been taking care not to go off plan. Bringing the ww deserts is a great idea. I brought a blueberry muffin to my therapist yesterday, and she loved it. I put the recipe through e-tools and they are only 2 points. They're a hit for either plan.
I bought a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker (another toy), and made a quart of raspberry herbal yesterday, which I drank easily. It's a great way to have required water. I wish now that I had an automatic ice maker on my fridge.

Frouf, we were suppose to move to Central Park originally (they put the wrong house on the lot), and the laundry was on the bedroom floor. This house is almost the same plan, but bigger rooms, and laundry in basement. I figure the exercise is good for me. It's a nice day here to go for a walk. Bernie is working split, morning and evening, so maybe we'll take a little stroll later. His appointment is for 2:30.

Sandra, I know what you mean. Your present house sounds so beautiful. When you mentioned watching the fireworks, it sounded absolutely magnificent. Combined with the roses and trees, it's a difficult decision. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will work for you and Curtis. Oh, the pros and cons.

Melissa, did you visit with your aunt yesterday? Hope you had time for Aaron as well. I didn't here from Ebay yet. It's only a book, so maybe I'll just pay full Canadian price and bite the bullet.

Kathy, glad you had an easy day yesterday. Did you have your leftovers?

Okay, time to see what has to be done today, which isn't too much. I think I'll have another bath, sounds like a plan....
Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #40  
Melissa

Good morning all!
It's a rainy day here today but it's also cool, which is nice. I'm feeling good because I get to leave today at 5pm (I usually stay till 6:30-7 on Wednesdays). I will have to go to church for a little while but I'll just be happy to get out of here. I even wore a skirt, which is highly unlike me. I got it on Saturday, it's a black and off-white print and fits really comfortably. Anyway, enough about that.

Vickie, sorry you two had to stay up late. Murphy did go out but was growling and running all over the place trying to figure out what was going on. He's a crazy pup. I hope that you have a good day and get something core-iffic for supper.

Frouf, your ebay finds sound really nice. And I too understand about eating troubles at home. Especially right after I go to the grocery--I want to eat everything in sight! I hope that you had a restful evening and feel good today.

Sandra, I say you take all the time in the world to decide whether or not to move. It sounds like you have a wonderful place there but I can understand wanting something different, too. I think it's wonderful that you found a core snack to feel sinful.

I hope that you all have wonderful Wednesdays...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #41  
Melissa

Saundra, thanks for asking, yes I went to see the family for several hours yesterday. I'm glad I went of course, but I'm also wishing that I had another day off. Good luck on your ebay-ing. You can get some great deals that way.
I want to get one of those ice tea makers too. I bought my mom one several years ago and she doesn't use it, so she told me that I could have it back. Did you just put flavored tea bags in? That sounds so good.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning -- quickly dropping by to say I can't stay. Hope everybody has a good day and I'll be back tonight. I'll be working 10-11 hour days for the rest of the week.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #43  
Melissa

Alright Kathy, I guess you're allowed to work. We miss you though!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, that does sound like alot to move the condenser. Jim and I hate that we aren't handy because it costs us so much to pay people to do things for us. I'm really happy that you're enjoying those muffins. I wish everyone else would give them a try. They really help me when I'm craving "baked" goods. I came up with 2 points too.

Melissa, you like black and white, don't you?! The skirt sounds cute. It's fun to be girlie once in a while. I'm glad you're getting sprung early today.

Kath, they have a lot of nerve making you work so hard. How's your foot, anyway?

It's funny to here you guys talking about the Ice Tea maker. I've had one for years and I've been trying to sell it at the garage sale becaue I stopped making tea at home. I think I'm going to pull it out and use it. I stopped drinking iced tea out because I quit caffeine and no one makes decaf ice tea. It just occurs to me that I can make decaf ice tea at home. Thanks Saundra and Melissa!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #45  

Good morning ladies! We're getting a slow start to the day here. We were up late out on the boat watching the fireworks. The kids get so tired when we keep them up late, they don't really enjoy what we're keeping them up for! But I had a good time, and my youngest dd was loving it. Earlier in the day, she watched a Sesame Street where they showed you how to do the chicken dance. So last night, when the fireworks were going off and the music was blaring, she was doing the chicken dance in the boat! It was a hoot...she's best at the "tail feather wagging" stage of the dance.

I did eat a few cookies yesterday but they were oatmeal and they were small...does that count? All in all though, I think I did OK with eating. I'm up to 128 this morning, but I'm not too concerned. I'll eat better today.

I have to plan my monthly menu this morning, and go grocery shopping.

Well, I hear my little chicken dancer waking up...later ladies!
Angela
Closed Thread