Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #181  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Welcome back Sandra - sounds like you had a very fruitful trip - along with a great drive and view! And no - I am ABSOLUTELY not happy with my weght. In fact lately I feel like I have just been sabotaging myself daily - something is bugging me - like I have a lot to choose from - and it's making me eat - probalby as a comfort to make me feel better. THIS IS NOT A GOOD PLAN! I am gaining weight instead of losing weight and I need to see the red light and just stop - or I'll be right back where I started. I just give in and give up too easily - where's that motivation I used to have?

Melissa - hope you have a great relaxing time on the couch - sounds like you could use a break!

Kathy - I'm thinking spa weekend? What do you think? Is there anywhere around there where you can go and get pampered for a day or two? How super would that be? (hmmm sounds like I might do some research at my end!). Actually I am still looking at cruises (of course - what else?) and there are some great deals going out of Houston - like around $500 for a one week oceanview cruise on the Norwegian Sun in November- check it out!

Sorry you have to wake up so early (we have instructed little dd to "read some books in the morning - like LOTS of them and to try not to wake us up too early?). Hope Judd's trip works out okay!

What was supposed to be a relaxing day wasn't! Dh went a bit out of town to pick up some piece of equipment (an oscilloscope?) which he got for free and says he needs for his bass guitar amp project (okay picture a big ugly light blue square DUST COVERED big box with big ugly knobs on it - my first reaction was - this ain't coming into my house!). Need to clear out some basement space and get it out of the car trunk and into the basement (where I won't have to lay eyes upon it again?). Took little ds to Mcdonald's for breakfast then to library for books and videotapes. Get a panic call from big dd like I'm supposed to be DRIVING HIM to music place to pick up equipement - and then to concert venue downtown - I DON'T THINK SO? He's making is sound like I knew about this - ya like I'm going senile?

So I get home and we "discuss" it and I MAKE HIM GIVE ME GAS MONEY! and little ds and I become "roadies". Go to music place - back loading dock, take apart back van seats and load up three big amplifiers. Then drive downtown, where there is MAJOR CONSTRUCTION, TRAFFIC AND COPS directiing this traffic trying to get to the concert hall - but of course all one way streets, and we don't know where the loading dock is and ds is trying to call on his cell phone and there is no answer - we finally get kinda there (a parking lot behind the bldg) and find our way to a side street where we park in a no parking zone and ds can finally unload the van!

Then of course we are running late for little ds' school hallowe'en party - rush home, put him into his cute puppy dog costume, I of course change into a pink shirt and put on my pink and white bunny ears ( ) and we're off again for a major SUGAR FEST! Yes those fresh crunchie bars, chips and sour peach thingies were so soo good!

After that home for a brief rest then off to the movies w/ds (both older kids out) to see Dreamer at the brand new movie theatre just opened in a neighboring area. Quite fun!

Now home in my jammies and almost ready for bed! But knowing dh and I we will probably end up staying up late and maybe seeing if there are any good late night movies on!

So far NOTHING planned for tomorrow - altho I should probably go get some groceries???

Vickie - how are you feeling? Hope you are getting excited for the game?

Patti - how was the home made pizza? Sounds like you had a great plan to get that craving out of the way!

Vivian - thanks for the water reminder - I find weekends are the worse cuz I'm always running around while at work I always have a water bottle on my desk!

I'll think I'll go off and play some trivia now!

Frouf
Old 10-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #182  
focused and aiming

frouf, your first paragraph sounds like something i could have written. i just don't understand why i don't seem to stick with anything and was wondering if maybe i'm more satisfied with myself than i realize (or should be). i know i hate seeing photos of myself. and i know right now my tummy is straining from being so full. i refuse to get on those scales till halloween. tomorrow i restart this journey. i wish you well. maybe we'll get to goal together. melissa, too. i think she's doing better about making good choices right now. she may be getting to goal a little ahead of us. melissa, hold the door open for us!

frouf, i think there's a world famous spa not too far from kathy. kathy, there's also beaumont ranch outside grandview. beaumontranch.com with a fabulous b n b and spa http://www.beaumondespa.com/

Last edited by ontarget; 10-22-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #183  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls! Sorry I'm neglecting you all so badly. We went to see the game at our friends house last night and we had a BALL! (No pun intented!) They surprised us by renting a 52 inch TV for us to watch the game on. They invited two other Sox friend neighbors over and they were VERY nice people. We REALLY enjoyed ourselves.

I spent most of yesterday getting myself organized for today. Security is quite tight and I'm not wanting to carry a big purse. I need my hands free for cheering. So I've packed my travel purse and as soon as I get my winter gear out I'll be ready to go. Winter coat with hood, thinsulate gloves, ear muffs, and pocket warmers. So that should do along with the body heat of 40,000 of my closest friends. Can you tell that I'm out of my mind with excitement? Jim is over the moon.

I'm still not well and the antibiotics don't seem to be working as well as last time. And....my TOM may make an arrival today. I have to go for a renal ultrasound downtown on Wednesay. I'm a trifle worried but am going to try to not think about it anymore until then. Doctor will have the results of the culture on Monday so maybe we'll have a few answers by then.

I've already decided that I'm sleeping in on Monday which means no weigh in. I'll probably go on Tuesday. I'm sure I'm up. I've been eating Core but not getting in enough fruits and veggies and I'm not sure there has been enough dairy either. And of course no exercise. I'm just going to keep doing the best I can until I feel better and then I'll recommit with a vengence.

Please know that my thoughts are with all of you. Watch for me in left field tonight. I'll do my darndest to catch a White Sox home run. I'll be in a black coat. Good luck picking me out in the sea of black, sliver, and white. Isn't it nice that my team sports slimming colors?!

Gotta go. I really need a bit more sleep before I have to start getting ready. We didn't go to bed until 1:00 and were back up at 6:30. Kathy, I know you can survive on that little sleep but I sure can't. We're leaving today about 1:30 and probably won't be home until after midnight.

GOOOOOOOO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #184  
Southside White Sox Fan

Dear Lord.....it's only 35 degrees here right now. Game time temperature is supposed to be 46 degrees and there is supposed to be rain. They are telling us to go to the Sox game but DRESS for a Bears game. Sigh.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #185  

Height: 5'7"

Stay warm, Vickie. You better pack an extra layer or two -- your defenses might be down because of the other illness (infection?) and you sure don't want to come home sicker!

I went to bed way after midnight too, then had to get back up at 6:00 to get the trailer ready. Good thing I was up, because FIL got here around 6:15 instead of 6:30 but I was already outside backing the truck up to the trailer and gathering tie-downs, etc. Of course after all that strenuous physical activity so early in the morning, there was no way I could go back to sleep! I started back in with the cleaning and cooking. Right now I'm making a big pot of black beans on the stove ... decided to add some salsa as usual but grabbed the wrong one. It was peach salsa and I saw the peach pieces going in a little too late! I was able to get most of them out. There isn't any sugar in the salsa, it's just regular tomato salsa with peaches in it. One of those weird things that MIL buys us. Whatever.

Now I'm working on the quilt and making two bracelets for SIL and niece. They'll be here at Thanksgiving; SIL's BD is Nov. 9 so her bracelet is for her birthday. Niece's BD is in the summer, but she had a regular charm bracelet and swallowed one of the charms. They have a nice x-ray showing a little high heeled shoe in her tummy! She's 4 and they decided maybe she was a little young for that kind of bracelet, so I'm assembling an italian charm bracelet for her. One of the charms is a high heeled shoe. They ought to get a big kick out of that. If you don't know an italian charm from a regular charm, none of that will make sense but hopefully everyone knows.

We have slowed down so much on the board, and I'm trying to figure out why. Is everyone frustrated? I know we have slow (and sometime NO) losses, but I think that's just the Core way. My dedication starts back bright and early in the morning so I can weigh and start fresh. I'm still at 153 but am starting to worry about my 149 goal for Halloween. I think I'll still write down to make sure I don't overeat on the Core foods, which is totally possible to do.

Nothing else going on today except for more cleaning. Oh and I cleaned the shower door and side glasses yesterday with Old English lemon oil. What a speedy way to clean it! I was shocked! After I got it all cleaned, I went back over it with Windex to get the leftover oil off. It is sparkling clean!

Have a good day and Vickie, enjoy that game! I'll be watching for you!

Last edited by Katpo; 10-23-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #186  
Melissa

Vickie, enjoy yourself and stay warm!!

Sandra, I don't think that I am doing much better than anyone else!

Frouf, I hope that you find some time to rest during your hectic weekend.

Kathy, I don't know why the board has slowed down so much. For me, it is mainly stress from work, etc. and then I am too tired to type and whatnot. That's a lame excuse but it is true. I've been reading everything but not posting much.
I hope that you get to do something fun today (cleaning not included).

Well the pup needs to pee. Talk to you guys later.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #187  

Melissa, I totally understand about work stresses, added to home stresses and money stresses and health stresses. It's a wonder any of us have a spare minute to even read, let alone post!

I just wish we could figure out a way to get re-energized!
Old 10-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #188  
Melissa

I could stand one, that's for sure.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #189  
focused and aiming

i'm here. we've been out of the house more than usual lately. i think that's why i haven't been online as much. i will admit that this was a week or making poor food choices. maybe i didn't make a special attempt to get online because of that. i'm not sure.

i am back on track today. i don't think i will make the halloween challenge but at least i'm not giving up. yesterday on the trip home curtis and i were talking about how we make good food choices most of the time. we just "deep end" every now and then. i have noticed that my food preferences have changed over the past few years. thank goodness! no telling how large i'd be if they hadn't.

vickie, enjoy your game. we'll watch for you.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:45 PM   #190  

Sandra, I think about the "old days" too and how I wouldn't give a second thought to eating anything I wanted. I'm glad that I found the awareness though, and even though I'm not where I want to be, I'm headed there.

Judd and the neighbor just got back, courtesy of my FIL and our motorcycle trailer. The tire is pretty bad. Funny thing is, I asked him the day before they left if his tires were in good shape and he said they were. I even looked at them too and yep, they were good. He must have either hit something or just wore them down quickly but either way, we'll be buying a new back tire this week.

Dinner tonight is the baked italian chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. I'm thawing shrimp for salad tomorrow at lunch, and the LO shrimp will go in Tuesday night's WW pasta, tomatoes and broccoli. See? I *do* have a plan. Now let's see how long I carry it forward.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #191  
Card Carrying Princess

Hi all,

Well Vickie - I hope you are TOASTY WARM and have a great time at the game (like it's possible that you won't?). Will be looking for you in the black coat! (holding up the sign right?)

A rainy icky drizzly day here - and I can't stop eating! Was talking to a friend of mine (who is a counsellor) and she said to try some journaling and just write down what I am getting out of overeating and what it's doing for me! I know it's partially a comfort for me as I am very stressed at home, and also shows a lack of respect and concern for myself - I think deep down I feel like a failure and that I'm "fooling" everyone by seeming to be this competent happy professional woman! Yes inside I am starting to feel like a failure - bad wife, bad mother, can't keep control of things, can't stop eating, can't do anything right? That is so weird - most people that know me would be very surprised to hear me saying that! Those that know me would be adamant in saying I am a cheerful, happy optimistic person - yes given the circumstances I now find myself in - I feel more like a pessisimist. Like I now believe everything that dh has been spouting for years - that no one here cares, that the kids are spoiled brats, who don't appreciate or care about anything and that nothing good is going to happen! He is a true pessisimist and I guess living with him has finally rubbed off on me!

Kathy - glad Judd is home safe and sound and all you need is a new back tire! I certainly feel for you having to get up that early! Hope you get a good rest tonight.

Sandra - I need to figure out what motivates me and focus on that. Maybe you can do the same? I also think at this point teeny tiny baby steps and goals is the way to go! Like the next 5 lbs or something like that? I am truly struggling and it ain't pretty!

So I bought some lottery tickets last night - something I rarely do - but big PR going on as jackpot was up to $30 million dollars (no one has won in a couple of weeks?). Draw was last night and I don't want to check my numbers cuz until I do I can keep on dreaming that I'm a millionaire and thinking about how I'm going to spend the money - ha ha ha What a silly Froufie!

Did many errands today - first stop at michael's (craft store) to pick up bday gift for party ds is going to Friday. Then of course a stop at Starbucks (next door) for a maple macchiato (delish!). Then off to buy some picture frames (have ds and dd's graduation pictures on my dresser in those flimsy cardboard holder things and they're starting to bend!), and some new glasses for the kitchen (all my glasses seem to have disappeared and we only have mugs and some mismatched things left and I was getting tired of it!). Bought a set of 16 glasses - 8 hi ball and 8 cooler size - and they are in the dishwasher now. This means the next step will be cleaning out the kitchen cabinet where these are kept and giving away some of the old stuff! Also doing more laundry!

Dh was very busy working in basement storage area today so he can bring that big ugly dusty oscillascope into the house. At least this is getting him to clean up down there which is a miracle as he is a true pack rat and rarely does he get rid of anything (as I have witnessed today as electronic relics from his teen years keep surfacing!). He is off tonight to see a movie w/his pal.

Also got groceries and made up some couscous salad for work (took the leftover veggie couscous I made the other night - chopped in a lot of fresh parsley and tossed w/lemon garlic olive oil dressing! - very yummy!). Also cooked up a pot of whole wheat pasta and I am marinating some boneless chicken breasts in the lemon garlic dressing as well for dinner tomorrow night!

Time to go hunt out some more cruise bargains! (A girl can dream can't she? )

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 10-23-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #192  

Frouf, don't be trying to book anything out of Galveston. They say that nothing is available until after December, no matter what it says on the website. Several friends who have had cruises booked have been contacted to say they were cancelled.

I'm having a very bad night. Maybe I can talk about it tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #193  
focused and aiming

{{{{{kathy}}}}} i hope your night gets better.

frouf, you're right about baby steps. i try to stay positive but sometimes it's very difficult. i had planned to have lost a lot of weight before training season started. well, it starts tomorrow. life goes on.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #194  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks for the heads up Kathy - what about out of Houston harbour itself (Barbour Cut or something like that?). The original NCL sailings out of New Orleans have all been changed to sail out of Houston as of Oct 16!!

Frouf
Old 10-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #195  
Melissa

Hey guys. I'm having a pretty cruddy night too. It is the back to work blues I think. I've never dreaded getting up and going to work this much before. I don't know what to do.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you are having a bad night. We are here whenever you want to share.

Frouf, it sounds like DH is out of his funk, at least for now?? Your menu sounds good. A plan is always helpful!

Sandra, you are going to get there girl. Like Kathy and you said, think of the choices we used to make. So much worse.

I have the game on but don't know anything about baseball. Oh, they just hit one down left field but it went sort of fast and there were lots of people wearing black. Vickie needed to wear orange or fuschia something.
Closed Thread