Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

kathy, you need to call the dentist monday and get checked out. that pain has to be wearing you down.

kathy and frouf, i'll check in for my absentee pass before nov. 12. how funny! we're going to the movies in a few minutes to see "wedding crashers." i know. we're behind. we're going to the cheap seats theater. should be fun.

vickie, just knowing we're going on this (non-archery-related) trip soon has both of us excited. i now need to go shop for at least a new pair of slacks. (maybe a whole outfit) theater, here i come!!CONGRATULATIONS, MELISSA AND KATHY!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

i've never heard of sweetest day either. sounds like a neat idea, though.

angela, i'm happy about tom if you're happy. are you planning on stopping at 3 or do you have other plans?

well, everyone, it's almost time for my movie date. i'll catch you later. have a super saturday afternoon.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Enjoy! I haven't seen it either -- because it's not out on DVD or PPV yet. Judd goes to the movies all the time by himself, during the day though when he's supposed to be at work and knows I can't leave. I guess that's why it's been years since I've been to one!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:26 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

how does he manage to do that?

we usually watch movies on dvd or video. movie going is a renewed thing for us.

well, it's almost time to go. i'll catch ya'll later.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #35  

Sandra, I'm 99% sure we're done at 3. I just don't think I could face another baby right now. Child, fine. Baby, no.

We don't go out to movies much at all either. We rent, and watch it in our theater room, which is more comfortable and convenient than the theater any way.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my "lazy" day. I've been playing my computer game and letting the girls have run of the house, pretty much. I'll clean play-doh out of all my kitchen utensils later.

Angela
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #36  
Melissa

Thanks ladies! I'm home from shopping and had a great time. My mom bought me a ton of clothes. I just can't get her to stop spoiling me. I've given up though, because I know once she has grandkids that it will be all over for me.

Kathy, Yea!! That's a big scale drop for you!

Vickie, that is really sweet of Jim to get a card for you. I have heard of Sweetest Day but didn't know that it was today.

Angela, well, I'm glad that we can put our balloons away if that is what you want. And I'm glad that you are enjoying your "lazy" day!

Sandra, hope you are enjoying your afternoon date. We like to go to the cheap movies too. They have great popcorn.

Frouf, always excitement at your house. I hope that you got out and went to the museum or something. That sounds like fun!

Well I think that we are going to go out and take pictures and video. I'll take pics, DH will take video. He makes videos for church and whatnot. It is a gorgeous day here, and just wonderful weather. I know that it won't be like this much longer though!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's been a beautiful day here. We've already had our salads and Jim is outside cooking our steaks. I'm really hungry again today. I bought some gorgeous NY strips with bone in. They look great.

Enjoy your nature walk, Melissa. I'm glad your Mom spoils you. Some day you'll be taking care of her and spoiling her too. I miss my Mom still. Hope you enjoy all your clothes. I need to go shop again but I'm not in the mood. Maybe one day next week.

Angela, Jim and I would love a theater room. Maybe soon. I'm glad your cold symptoms didn't get worse.

Sandra, have fun on your movie date. Jim and I are real far behind on movies. We hardly ever go to the show. We still haven't even seen Fever Pitch. We aren't watching much but baseball around here these days!

Kath, in my early years we didn't go out to restaurants. My Mom, though, in later years, was tired of cooking. So I was working and making good money so I used to take her out alot since she and I were living together. Once I met Jim, he introduced me to fine restaurants and I've been kind of spoiled since. We really can't afford to do the really expensive ones anymore but we still manage to go to some pretty nice ones. It's entertainment for us. Part of the reason I ended up at 307 pounds!

Well, gotta go. I need to eat and shower before the game. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:41 PM   #38  
Melissa

Vickie, it sounds like you've had a nice day. We did enjoy our time out in nature. We just went to a local park. It had been years since I had been there and I had forgotten how huge it is. We are planning to go back tomorrow for a picnic and more pictures. Enjoy the game!

I need to do laundry and get ready for tomorrow morning. Working at a church can make life pretty stressful on Sunday mornings (well, other times too! ). Hope everyone is out having Core fun.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #39  
Melissa

I'm still reveling in the glory of my fluffy chick.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

girls, we had a blast. i am feeling younger all the time. the movie was cute. i told curtis we need to work out way up to later shows. it was mainly us and the kids. maybe that's why i'm feeling younger. i may start popping my chewing gum.

angela, i used to want to have 2 children but i only had one. i guess i spoiled him pretty good.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

melissa, what a cute, fluffy chick!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:34 PM   #42  

I wanted one kid and had three. Hmmm ... how did that work?

I have always said that one is like one, two seems like four and when you get to three, you might as well open up a daycare because it seems like ten.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #43  

You guys are so funny! I always said I wanted 4, dh said 3, and I was happy at 2. Actually, my 3 little girls are perfect for me. But, if we are blessed with more, I would learn to love it. It's just the newborn phase I really hate...I get postpartum depression pretty badly, and I hate that out-of-control feeling anyway. If they could somehow come at about age 2, I'd be thrilled!

I'm off to play my game some more. Nighty night!

Angela
Old 10-15-2005, 10:42 PM   #44  
Melissa

Ew, that would be a scary pregnancy.

Sandra, sounds like you two lovebirds had quite a time.

Night all!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #45  

Yep, scary ... and LONG! Can you imagine how long you'd have to pregnant to deliver a 2 year old! Who, by the way, would be talking and walking, maybe potty trained, and had a full set of teeth. Oh and sleeping thru the night. Sign me up!

Not to take anything away from the WS, but the whole umpire staff in this ALCS should be fired. I've never seen so many bad calls. It's really starting to become annoying. But again, not to detract at all from the WS' performance. They are so obviously the better team in this series.

I'm off to bed now since I'm going to work tomorrow. I'll try to stay there for at least 4 hours and more if I can make it. PLUS ... tomorrow is official weigh-in, and I start the SF plan with Judd. He is still liking it.

Night!

Last edited by Katpo; 10-15-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread