Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Talking Losing a Ton on Core Board Thirty One

I thought thirty was getting a little long. Here's a new board to post on. My rhyming skills stink. So if you think of a better title, tell me and I'll edit it!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Frouf, where are you? I have visions of you sitting somewhere happily sated after your long fast.

So is anyone weighing in at WW besides me every week? Just curious.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #3  

This title is fine Vickie. Thanks for starting the new thread.

I like your idea of hanging around home in pj's. If I didn't have to do the school drop off and pick up routine, I'd be right there with you. I have tons of laundry and dishes to do today. Then dh and I have date night tonight. I'm still feeling cruddy, so it may be another hang around the house without the kids night. That's always nice.

I'd better go intervene - I've got the two younger dd's "feeding" the cats. It's taking a very long time...

Angela
Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  
Melissa

Vickie, I think that it's a great title! I hope that you enjoy your day "off." And that is great about your clothes being baggy. Of course you might look a little frumpy for a little while.

Angela, you all do seem to have "pink genes," don't you? I hope that you start feeling better so that you can thoroughly enjoy your date night. Oh, and good luck with the cat...

Vickie, I noticed that it seems like many people aren't going to WW meetings anymore. Of course, I never have, so I guess I don't count!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Happy PJ Day, Vickie! I wish I could come over and sit with you.

I decided to work 10 hours today, take a day unpaid to save vacation time (that I don't have anyway) and work 48 hours next week. That'll even out to 80 and it'll be all good. I feel better about it now. And who cares about the chili cookoff? I'm sure it's not Core friendly! But hey, neither is this coke I'm drinking. Oops.

Last night's dinner was OH SO DELIGHTFUL! I enjoyed every minute of it. I made chicken and pineapple kabobs, and then mushroom/bell pepper/red onion kabobs with brown rice, sauteed snow peas and a big salad. We were licking the plates! Plus, we have leftovers for tonight. Yay!

BBL. They're wanting me to do some work. I still say they have some nerve to try and boss me around. Oh, wait ... okay nevermind.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, your dinner sounds really good. I never used to like fruit in my entree but my tastes are changing! That's really alot of hours to work. Don't make yourself get so tired that you get sick. How's your DD....speaking of tired?

Hey! PJ party at my house.

Melissa, I think Jim wanted to say that I looked frumpy but didn't dare! He is one smooth guy. He said something like, "that shirt doesn't show off how much weight you've lost. You might want to change". What a guy!

Last edited by Vickie; 10-14-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  

I go to WW every week unless sick or surgery or on vacation. Went today, because I have to work tonight and that doesn't work for a Saturday morning weigh in. Down 0.4# for a total of 71.8#. I always get up early on nights I don't work. So have already done quite a bit since 5 AM.
Vivian
Old 10-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Fluffy Froufie Survives Without Food!!

First of all a lovey dovey group hug to my favorite "friends"! I agree w/Kathy - you guys are the best! I vote for a core board "conference" in Vegas! ha ha ha or better yet on a cruiseship! Otherwise I guess the blue balloon baby shower at Angela's will have to suffice!

I have SURVIVED - yes I made it - it was actually a pretty good "year". I found 2-4 pm to be the hardest part - then you get somewhere beyond hunger. Got to friend's place around 7 pm and sat down to eat around 7:15 but honestly it wasn't like I was ravenous, but I sure ate ALOT! - it's kinda fun eating your daily calories (and more?) all in one meal?

Started w/a BIG glass of orange juice- then we had bagels and cream cheese and greek salad and smoked salmon, and this fantastic noodle pudding (noodles, butter, cheese, brown sugar) - which I know was not at all core, but boy was it good (I think I had 3 servings?). Dessert was this tremendous fruit platter, some ginger cookies and this AMAZING midnight chocolate cake - really dense dark chocolate cake covered with huge chocolate shavings (from the famous cake lady shoppe - I almost actually brought the same cake along for dessert - how funny would that have been?). There was another couple there, who I knew slightly - it was fun to stuff our faces together!

Today I come to work and I am immediately rushed into a 9 am meeting (which was planned yesterday so I was unaware of it) - managed to grab a coffee on the way in - but have yet to eat anything and it is almost noon. I am now feeling famished and need to go find something yummy to eat!

Vickie - sounds like you are really enjoying the baseball games and I think it's great you need new clothes - no way we want a frumpy Vickie hanging around these boards!

Sandra - as for Whitney Houston's hair - I know yours will grow but not sure if it will look quite like hers? You should definitely go see your stylist and see if she has any ideas! (if you trust her enuf that is!). I still need to pick up some of the "copper" shampoo recommended by the color girl (have the slip of paper somewhere in my purse)...can only be bought at a beauty/hair supply store (probably expensive as well?). Made by l'Oreal, comes in different "tones" and she says the copper one will really highlight and help maintain my golden highlights!

Kathy - your dinner did sound amazing - glad you enjoyed it. I told dh today was the LAST DAY of dishwasher experimentation. That if it was NOT fixed by Monday I was calling the service guy and that's that! I know it will cost $$ but honestly we have been without a functional dishwasher for over 3 weeks now and I AM GOING CRAZY - I have now refused to wash any more dishes...waiting to see what happens when we run out of stuff! (I'll be eating out all weekend? ha ha ha )

Angela - how are you feeling? Hope the sinus thing is not getting worse (and that kitty survived her feeding!).

Looking forward to a calm/quiet weekend (is that even possible?). Dd has some major dance rehearsals this weekend (remember that EXTRA $$ I had to pay to bring in a choreographer?), so busy sat and sun afternoons. Big ds is working and little ds has a birthday party sunday pm at a local gymnastics place - need to go to the mall sat and buy a gift!

Will probably end up going to a movie w/dh at some point (assuming dd will babysit for us), and get to the Second Cup (local coffee place) as I found a coupon near the front door for a free latte! (think big ds left it for me! )

Need to do a bit of cleaning up around the bedroom as I have some "piles" of stuff which need sorting and filing (time to put all my Florida travel stuff away don't you think? - I hold onto receipts, boarding passes, bills, etc - just in case!).

Cool, gloomy and rainy this weekend - guess we'll be staying indoors mostly!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 10-14-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Yippee - Yahoo - We Have Clean Dishes!!!

I am so happy, happy, happy - yes it's finally working! I kept telling dh it was something to do w/water flow - so he did take everything apart again - and it was the WATER VALVE - which had burnt out.

...and the best news was this is a part they had IN STOCK! (like dh said, the one that fails the most is probably the one they always keep on hand!). So a new valve is in place and the 2nd load of dishes has been washed - AND IT WORKS!

The dishes are clean, and the soap dispenser empty and I AM SO THRILLED! It did cost around $100 in parts in the end, but well worth it!

I can't believe how silly it feels to be so happy about a functioning dishwasher - you know what I would say to someone like this?? - get a life! ha ha ha
Old 10-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. we've been out all day-----and do i have something to tell you!!!!!!!

we now are the proud owner of 2 roundtrip tickets to spokane for a weekend of --------LION KING!!!.

we'll be riding a bus round trip, staying at a nice downtown hotel, watching the play at the local opry house. LIFE IS GOOOD!! this is our first non-archery-related trip in eons. what a wonderful date this will be!

can you tell i'm excited?

angela, i had fairly long hair before i got my "wild hair" and had it all cut off. i was scraping back into a ponytail, too. i have found some non fragrance products but they usually bother him, too. i only use them in extreme "emergencies." i guess every girl has some emergencies, don't you?

melissa, how's it going today? i imagine you're having a blast getting out of work early. did you have something planned to do for fun? guess i'll read on here to find out.

vickie, what a wonderful problem you're having! clothes too large! i don't have that problem but now i'm needing something to wear to "the theater." enjoy your ballgames. we'll prob be joining you around the 7th inning. that seems to be our timing.

good title, vickie. i like it. okay, let's get that ton off, everyone. i'm not going to ww now. i may go back after a bit but i'm not sure.

kathy, your dinner sounds yummy. and leftovers! can't beat that, can you?

frouf, i have printed out 3 photos to take in to the stylist. i do trust her and will see what she thinks this round woman with the round face could wear. i already told her i want to look 50 lbs lighter. i guess she didn't hear me. oh, well, life goes on.

Last edited by ontarget; 10-14-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #11  
Melissa

Hi everyone. I've not had a good eating day. I've made very poor choices and am very disappointed with myself. I know that I say this every time, but maybe one time I will learn...I don't feel good when I eat poorly. It messes up my system and I just feel awful. So maybe someday I will learn.
Tomorrow I am going shopping and out to lunch with my mom. I'm hoping to make better choices then. She has been really stressed with work and needs a day to relax, so I'm going to try to help her do that! I'm looking forward to it.

Kathy, that is an awful lot to work, but I'm glad that you feel better about the situation. Oh and your kabobs sound awesome!

Vickie, Jim is a wise man, huh?

Frouf, I hope that you get your calm and quiet weekend!! Your fast-breaking meal sounds really neat. It sounds like you had a good time, too. Oh and glad to hear that your dishwasher is working!

Sandra, Yeah! I'm so glad that you guys are going to have such an exciting trip. You all deserve a weekend like that. It sounds like so much fun! And I didn't have any good plans for today. I ended up napping on the couch for quite some time!

I guess I'm going to try to do some laundry, walk the dog, and pick up since I'm not going to get much done tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! Have a good evening. I'm off to make a smoothie and watch the ballgame. Game 3 and VERY important (to us anyway!). I didn't exercise today and felt as if I was relapsing a bit. Got a lot of laundry done and my christmas tree arrived. I'll be putting it together tomorrow to see if it works.

Talk to you all in the morning.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

melissa, enjoy your shopping trip with your mom. that sounds like fun. just put today's eating behind you and move on.

vickie, i'm pulling for the sox, too. let's pretend we're watching together. i won't get there till about the 7th or 8th inning, though. go sox!!!

i found something new today. new to me, that is. ya'll prob know about it already. take a core cake of somekind. (oatmeal) heat it a few secs in the microwave. then take 1 tablespoon frosting from a can. put it in a small dish and nuke for about 25 secs. drizzle on the cake. tastes like heaven!!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:24 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all. I hope you're all having a good night tonight. I'm watching the game -- go White Sox! It's 3-0 right now, so off to a great start.

I don't feel so hot. My throat is sore and a side of my mouth (teeth or tooth) hurts. I generally ignore that kind of pain because I have a lot of nerve damage from when I broke my jaw. This has been hurting off and on for about six months though. I say off and on because it usually just hurts in the morning, and I figure I was grinding my teeth in my sleep or something. And then it'll go away for several weeks, then come back and hurt just a day or so, then go away again. It hurts more during a sore throat, almost like an allergy or sinus thing. I get sinus problems in my ears and not nose. Weird, huh. Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see what happens. It might be gone tomorrow and stay away for a while. And my stomach hurts, my ears are ringing and I can feel my heart beat. What is UP with all of that? Falling apart really sucks.

So let's see. I didn't eat tonight, not hungry. Melissa, I'm sorry your day wasn't good in the eating dept. Tomorrow's a new day though. Enjoy your outing with your mom tomorrow. It should be a good time.

Sandra, I'm glad you're excited about the trip. It sounds like a fun time -- and you deserve to get away! You'll have to make sure you submit your vacation request though; you know we get to vote on all leaves of absence.

Frouf, way to go on that working DW! I sure do hate washing dishes by hand, and we might be spoiled rotten but it's too late now. There's no turning back and doing without these kitchen appliances.

White Sox just scored again. What a game!

I should go try to potty the dogs. Oh and get this. There was a message on the answering machine for DS. It was from Manpower, the temp agency he works thru. It said "I wanted to talk to you about the job that starts on Monday." Huh??? I didn't know anything about it! He called yesterday from the job he's been at for the last few months, so I know he was working there as of yesterday afternoon! Judd said he was still at home this morning when he (Judd) left for work and asked me why. I said I dunno. And of course, DS isn't home tonight. This is really irritating, but I told myself ... hey, dork, just pray about it. God already knows what's going on, and I just need to pray it, claim it, and know it's taken care of. What a hard thing to get thru my head though.

I'm sure I've missed lots of tidbits from you all, so forgive me. I need to go look for a pain pill or sleeping pill or hammer ... anything to relieve some pain. I'm going to hope for a better tomorrow for us all.

Nighty night, buddies.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:16 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

SOX WIN!!!!! Wow, I'm tired and excited. It's fun to know you guys are watching with me. We've never one in my lifetime and I've been going to the Sox games since I was about 10. Don't you think 39 years is long enough for me to wait for a World Series? I do!

Kath, I'm sorry you're in pain. My Dentist says alot of people mistake sinus pain for tooth pain. Maybe you've got some really bad seasonal allergies going on.

Melissa, isn't this hard? Every day, every meal is another temptation and good healthy eating decision to be made. I'm already feeling so much better that I've decided I really want to go all the way. I've said it before. I know that the last 15-20 pounds are going to be the hardest for me because by then I'll be thinking that I really look cute. We've all proven that we know how to maintain. Now we need to move on and finish off those last pounds. The more of you that reach goal ahead of me the more encouraged I'll be. So do it for me!

Sandra, you sound so happy. You made me smile! I hope your trip is fabulous. It was fun watching the game tonight.

Frouf, isn't it funny how happy some of the smaller things in life make us? I'm glad your ordeal is over. I know DH is feeling proud that he saved you all some money. You know he's feeling like he helped financially with this. $100 is not a bad investment. Sounds like you have an almost new dishwasher. I hope you are out having fun somewhere this evening.

Well, I'm taking my very happy hubby off to bed. Game 4 tomorrow!
Closed Thread