Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #226  
focused and aiming

angela, i'm planning popcorn during bl tonight, too. i'm too tired to treadmill.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #227  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angela - you should know by now that we moms NEVER EVER win the eating battle so don't even try - I finally realized that if they are hungry they will eat - as my pediatrician used to say (as I'm sure all moms would complain to her about how little their darlings were eating) - she has yet to see a child starve itself to death!

Kathy - how was your dinner? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well having a quiet night so far - doing laundry - actually folding ds' and dd's laundry which I don't usually do - but ds is studying for a midterm tomorrow and just got in from work and dd is in a FOUL mood - I mean just wicked so i don't even want to go near her!

I still had some of that couscous salad I made in the fridge (w/parsley & lemon/garlic olive oil) so I cut up some of the chicken I made the other night - tossed it in w/some cherry tomatoes and had that for dinner - it was marvellous - also had some green tea...then I had some nachos and guacamole, but not too many so I feel okay about that!

CHALLENGE ALERT - CHALLENGE ALERT![/

Almost forgot a few of us from the office are going to an all day Women's conference tomorrow at local hotel. Should be lots of fun but I am very nervous about food and lunch. There will probably be coffee and muffins or doughnuts in the am and at breaks and I need to avoid that like the plague! Will have to plan to wake up early and make sure to eat at home BEFORE I get there.

Now lunch is on our own - but there is a restaurant in the hotel where we will be eating. They have a buffet for $11.95 which I will check out, but presume we can also order from the menu? I will try and stuff a granola bar in my purse and maybe a piece of fruit in my coat pocket for snacks if required. I presume water should be readily available!

Wish me luck!...so I won't be around much during the day - try not to miss me too much

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 10-25-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 PM   #228  
focused and aiming

good success to you tomorrow, frouf. sounds like you have a good plan.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #229  
Melissa

Morning everyone. I am incredibly tired today and we are planning on going to visit our college tonight (someone we know is playing music there) after I get off work (late). I was looking forward to it but it will mean not getting home until probably midnight and right now I just don't know how I could possibly last that long.
Anyway, my eating is still bad but I am constantly hungry. I think it is PMS, or something.
Well I'm off to get some oatmeal and try to start the day all blurry-eyed. Hope everyone has a good one.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #230  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here! I had a great night AND MORNING! Sox won in 14 innings and I'm exhausted. Of course, we couldn't go to bed until the game was over at almost 1:30 am. I have to go get ready to leave for my ultrasound by 9:00 and I just got out of the shower. I'll be back later to chat.

Hope you all have a great Core day.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #231  

Height: 5'7"

Good luck and happy meeting, Frouf.

Angela, I had a picky eater too and she survived. Of course, she's nearly 22 and wears a size 0 but she's only 5'2" so doesn't look sickly thin. I'm sure your little one will eat eventually.

Vickie, congrats! I could NOT believe that walk in, so gave up watching.

Melissa, try and enjoy the evening. You'll probably be even more tired tomorrow but hopefully it will have been worth it!

Well, I guess we're all exhausted today. I slept horribly because Judd kept waking up, sitting up in bed and yelling at someone. I couldn't figure out who but I think he was having a fight. He has night terrors and he usually jumps up and turns on the light because he thinks there's a snake, or a bunch of spiders, or a sinkhole ... just about anything. One night he put Zuki in my bathtub and then went into the family room. By the time he got there, he was awake and realized what he had done. When he went back into the bathroom, he said Zuki was there, still in the tub, obviously miffed and sleepy and a little confused. We laugh about it all the time but it sure does make for some bad sleeping. Interesting, but bad.

My eating is amazingly good. I have tweaked things just a bit so that I'm having oatmeal in the morning instead of maltomeal. I'm just trying anything to get this cholesterol down in addition to taking medicine. Also, since Judd and I had to ride together today (his truck is getting some warranty work done) I didn't get to stop for my Coke. I made a sandwich for lunch using 100% whole wheat bread, FF cheese and FF Miracle Whip. There goes 2 points, but I guess I can spare them since I had no coke. The scale is still dropping .4 to .6 per day and my water intake is great. I think something finally clicked in my head to where I understand now what I have to do to reach my goal. Cheating isn't an option anymore, but so far I haven't wanted to.

Well, I'm already in knots because tonight I have to make sure DD uninstalls that program and I'm not geared up for an argument. She understands though. Oh well ... it'll get better. Meanwhile, when I go to the doctor next week I'm going to ask if he'll do some extra bloodwork to check my serotonin level. There's something going on where I don't have the "get over it" mechanism anymore. When something bothers me, it devastates me and I can't shake it off. Surely something can be done? Judd suggested counseling. We'll see.

Another busy day here, so I'll pop back in later. I hope everyone has a great day! Vickie, don't forget to come back with your report as soon as you can.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #232  

Afternoon everyone,
WHY WHY WHY, yesterday morning I woke up and jumped on the scale,,,I was under 310 and was sooooooo happy and proud,,,felt good all morning and on a bit of a high from it....you know the feeling! Well went to the grocery store and in my basket went a bag of bits and bites.......arrrrrgh of course I ate teh whole bag when I got home. I think Im not an emotional eater because I dont eat when Im stressed.....BUT I eat like crazy when Im very HAPPY...so needless to say the scale did not say 309 this morning it was up 3 pounds and Im sitting here disgusted in myself. Right back on track today adn I will staple my mouth shut from now till friday...I wanted to lose those 5 pounds for the challenge.....sorry for venting but I had to get it off my chest. Not looking for sympathy or Its ok's just wanted to confess.....
I watched BL last night,,,,,,,,holy cow!! Even Dh was impressed with Pete..I thought he was older as well.....(another reason to lose weight) They are all looking so good....and have done so well! Im impressed. It sure is getting tougher to see them go home though...they all seem really nice.
Vickie any news yet??
Froufy, that salad sounds good! I have a couscous in my cupboard that is tomato,basil flavoured. Have to try it someday. A little thing I used to do with couscous was cook it with skim milk, add a little splenda and some raisins...makes a great breakfast and tastes like rice pudding!! Im going tohave to make that again now that Im thinking about it.
Hey Kathy no coke today........HIGH FIVE!!
Have fun tonight Melissa,,,,,,,
better go do something here.
ttyl
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #233  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey All! I'm home and VERY tired. No real answers. No explanation for the cystitis. They couldn't see anything in the bladder area because of my "size". I still have the kidney stone and they still see the cyst on my kidney. She's recommending a inside look at my bladder by a Urologist for which I'll be sedated (sounds really icky and could make my BP spike just thinking about it!) and a CT scan to look at my kidneys.

I'm real tired and need to go nap. Talk with you all later.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #234  

Take a nap for me too, please? I'm about to fall out of my chair here.

Isn't it possible that the stone is causing the irritation? That's what happened to mine. It rattled around and scratched up everything on the inside of my kidney, caused all sorts of problems. Whatever it is, I hope they get these other tests done soon so you can find out something. Not knowing is the worst part.

Rest up for that game! It oughta be a pretty exciting night for you guys!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #235  
focused and aiming

hi, girls. we've been extremely busy today. we did a photo shoot (sounds fancy, doesn't it?) of me, my bow and new medal for our sponsors and for some local newspapers. later today we booked our flight and hotel for the indoor national championship in louisville, ky. melissa, how close are you to louisville? we've spent the rest of the afternoon doing other archery-related stuff. now i'm here. i need to go to the nsv thread to report that i am still on core and i didn't faint when i saw my photos. (i hate having photos of myself made when i'm this heavy.)

melissa, i hope you found some energy and are enjoying yourself tonight.

vickie, we were up watching the game with you. it was a thriller, wasn't it? that latest test sounds pretty tough. i'm sending you some cyber hugs.

kathy, i hope you get some help at the doctor's. congratulations to you for doing so well on core. i am proud of you. did you see my question the other day about your quilting friend? i have a friend down in tx who has a large quilting machine in an outbuilding behind her house. her initials are "e p". do we have the same friend?

patti, sounds to me like you are an emotional eater. i eat when i'm happy, too. guess our 'let's celebrate" emotions are pretty strong. i am proud of you for getting back on track so fast. i am amazed at pete, too. we thought he was about 20 or so years older than he looks when he's thin. amazing, eh?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #236  
Melissa

Vickie,
Kathy, hope you are getting some rest
Sandra, we are about 1 1/2 hours from Louisville. When are you coming?

We ended up not going tonight because I had to work late. I'm just completely drained physically and mentally. I'm hoping to go to bed early tonight. I think we are going out for a cappucino or something. Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #237  
focused and aiming

we'll be there mid march.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #238  

Wow, we are a busy, sleepy, AND exhausted group! This has to stop!

Sandra, that's not my friend. I'm so sorry because I thought I answered but maybe I THOUGHT about doing it but didn't. This one lives up in Valley View -- I think it's near Denton. Wouldn't it have been freaky if it had been the same person though?

I'm watching the game, doing laundry, making my lunch tomorrow and trying to calm down. First I came home and there was a bowl of ravioli on the counter. I panicked because I thought "what if he had come home first and seen this?" Then I cleaned it up. The sink was full of dishes from last night (I had already done one load after work and wasn't interested in doing another) and so I understand why DD left the bowl on the counter. Judd, however, thinks we should put food in the garbage instead of down the disposal, and I totally disagree. What if it smelled up the house? Or what if someone didn't close the pantry door all the way and the dogs got into the trash? Okay, I got over that. Then I couldn't find the cheerleader uniform that she was going to sit out. One of Judd's friend's little girl is borrowing it for Halloween and I have to take it tomorrow. And it's not out. And my heart started racing. And then I couldn't find the remote and freaked out -- what if someone had taken it upstairs and lost it? There would be major **** to pay all around. And THEN I saw those disks still out, the program that has to be uninstalled today. They were in the same place, meaning she didn't uninstall it. I tried to call her at work but left a message on her cell phone. Probably sounded frantic (call me AS SOON as you get this message!) but good grief, that's pretty important. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do if Judd comes home and asks if she took it off, and I say no, and he marches upstairs to her room to take it off himself. He'll take one look at her room and blow a gasket, and then my evening will be ruined. She won't be off work until midnight and I don't know what to do except to go up there and clean it up a little.

So see what I'm talking about? I'm a basket case and it's all self-imposed with the "what ifs" and the "this or that might happen". I know it is totally irrational but I can't help it. I need some intervention PDQ.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #239  
focused and aiming

kathy, you may have told me this earlier. i got beind in reading last week when we went to kalispell. my friend lives near hillsboro. that would have been freaky, wouldn't it?

kathy, you can't go on like this. you sound completely uncomfortable. that has to be exhausting all your emotions. i hope you can get some help from your doctor soon. i am worried about you.

melissa, are you sick or is it stress from your job? i am glad you're getting some rest tonight. i didn't type much earlier because we were getting ready to do something. we'll be flying into louisville on thursday afternoon. i think it's the 16th of march. the tournament will start saturday am. i know it would be hard to meet during the week,but once the tournament starts, we won't be able to do anything but archery.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #240  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay Kathy - take a deep breath and RELAX - you are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE ADULTS IN YOUR HOUSE! - only yourself! Seriously dd is a big girl and should know better - if she said she was going to do something (something which seems to be very important and crucial to those around her) then it is her responsibility to do it! If she has not - then I assume she would have to suffer the consequences? No? If she has been warned (and I think she has been a couple of times?) then Judd is probably within his rights to remove the program if she has not yet done so!

As for her room - depends on the "rules" I guess? Is she required to keep her room clean and tidy? or can she just "close the door"? ..and can you go in there and try to locate the cheerleading outfit? I'm sure she will call you back and you can find out all the details! Good luck!

Vickie - yes I heard about the White Sox victory on my car radio this morning and thought of you! (of course I didn't realize there was yet another game to play - but then again I'm sure not up on my sports!). Sorry to hear about the ongoing cystitis problems? Do u really need all those other tests? or can you wait and see what happens?

patti - WATER, WATER, WATER is your mantra - you did not eat 3 lbs worth of bits and bites - but you are retaining water due to high salt content. Don't give up - just guzzle and you will be back down in no time! Good for you for getting back on track so quickly!

The couscous 'rice pudding" thing sounds interesting altho it would take a stretch for me to see it as a breakfast cereal? Please post recipe if you have one! Thanks.

Sandra - congrats on becoming a "model" - hope you had fun, altho i know about not wanting to have one's picture taken! I"m sure they are not as bad as you think they are (why are we so critical of ourselves?)

Melissa - I really feel for you - and hope you are not out too late and can get some rest.

Oh ya - reunion in Louisville KY in mid-march - be there or be square!

I had a great time at the women's conference and have taken home some important concepts and ideas which I know will help me to be a more positive person. It was lots of fun - and I have a lot of reading to do on various topics (Sandra (and others) you might want to check out a book called The Psychology of Achievement by Brian Tracy - for inspiration and motivation).

So ladies here's what I learned - memorize this, practice this and say it to yourselves 5 or 6 times each day: I was shaped to be a unique and special person. What a concept! Speaker goes on to say each of us has at LEAST 300-400 SPECIAL GIFTS WHICH MAKE US UNIQUE AND SPECIAL! The way she explained is that there is no need to feel bad or envious of others or compare ourselves in any way. When born we are all meant to be unique and special and have special gifts, talents and abilities which make us who we are! We should be aware and proud of these on a daily basis. No need to feel envy/jealousy as others have their own unique gifts, etc - different from ours - but not better or worse!

We even had to write down 5 of our "gifts" and recite it to others! And we are all supposed to journal - write down 5 different gifts each day and go over and over them as there is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy (which is EXACTLY why all this negative self talk we are always doing has got to go!). She also went over strengths and weaknesses - of course we all have weaknesses but these stem from our MAJOR FABULOUS STRENGTHS - so the bottom line is I'm okay, you're okay - we all have strenghts and weaknesses - and if we believe the weaknesses stem from basic strenghts - then there seems to be no need to fight/argue or feel people are difficult (e.g. I am great at seeing the big picture, but not good at details - okay not focusing on details may be a bad thing - but if one is EXCELLENT as seeing the big picture then it's not that bad! - we can all complement each other and allow for weaknesses to exist).

Of course we also have to wake up each morning and no MATTER HOW WE'RE FEELING - WE ARE TO SAY - I FEEL TERRIFIC - YES , every day wake up and say that!...and you will start to believe it and it will become your reality! (well it's worth a try?). Also learned about positive attitudes and smiling and negotiating skills and assertiveness training and 8 major career killers for women!. Now of course need to put all of this into practice!

Eating was not too bad today - but I was so hungry while there - Had a bowl of cereal at 7:30 before I left the house - but by 10:30 was starving. Thankfullly I had my granola bar and apple which kept me going til lunch which was not til after 1 pm!

It was challenging trying to control myself at the buffet. I first had a plate of salad/veggies to fill me up and then tried to be very selective at the hot buffet! The dessert bar was also a challenge - but I managed to stick to fruit and avoid the sugar laden cakes, pies and bars!

Not that hungry at home - so had a light dinner - but I am now feeling empty which is a good sign as I obviously did not overeat tonight (did have a big bag of popcorn after dinner as I was still hungry).

Happy also to report that scale was down this morning which really helped reinforce my commitment to stay on plan today. Already packed my lunch for tomorrow and trying to continue on the core path!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 10-26-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Closed Thread