Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #286  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, our air has been on since late yesterday afternoon because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without it. Today is supposed to be 87, Tuesday 85, Wednesday 80 and then Thursday 59! After Thursday, it's supposed to stay in the 60's for a high. I think these next 3 days are definitely the end of summer!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #287  
Melissa

Vickie, your weather pattern sounds exactly like ours. I wish fall would get here and stay here for a few months. It is my favorite time of year! I'm not really looking forward to winter though.

I forgot to tell you all I won two ebay auctions yesterday. I'm going to have to stay away from it. They were two christmas presents for family members, the cherished teddy thing I told you all about and a precious moments figurine. I've got to quit for now. I have to spend money slowly! I get on these kicks though and want to get it all now. But the whole idea is to spend money here and there on presents, instead of spilling it all out in one lump in December. Don't you guys think that Christmas would be more enjoyable sometimes if we didn't give presents to each other? I mean, I love buying presents for some of my family members, but sometimes it just turns into an ordeal.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #288  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on the auctions Melissa - hope you can control the urge for more "shopping". We are also getting unseasonably warm weather here but for sure no one here is complaining - we are very happy to have it stay as warm as possible for as long as possible. I am even wearing sandals to work today - while it is pretty nippy out now (toes are chilly) it should warm up nicely today to at least 80 or more! I did pack my runners and walkman and will try and get out at lunchtime for a short stroll! Given what I'm eating tonight that would not be a bad idea!

Vickie - good luck and hope you get some good news at the scale!

Kathy- try and get rest at some point so you don't collapse! I also had a very, very bad night. Dh was in a foul mood last night and looking for something to complain - which at our place is pretty easy to do. (this time about ds wanting new shoes for winter instead of boots - he, like most teenagers here, has not worn boots for 4 years and I don't believe he is going to start now). Dh is very depressed and cranky due to his unemployment situation and is taking it out on everything and everyone. I did mention this to him today - he needs to focus on more important things than shoes, dishes, kids, etc. These are just distractions - he needs to focus on getting a job, or figuring out how to save us more money cuz his EI runs out in about 10 weeks. I am also pretty worried as well. Might have to sell my stocks - which I hate to do cuz they are doing so well - but obviously paying the mortgage and bills is more important than playing the stock market.

Poor dh is just floundering and under pressure so the second anything goes wrong or upsets him he tends to get very upset. I of course try to keep things going and monitor the situation as best I can. Of course the kids don't really get it so they're not much help right now and don't understand how what they do and say can affect him.

So all this to say I certainly did not sleep well or much last night. Lights out around 10:30 pm which is early for us. Had some trouble getting comfy - then I was up at 2:15 am tossing and turning til after 4 am. Needless to say I could barely drag myself out of bed - did not wash my hair so I look pretty crappy too!

Food all ready for tonight - but need to make the sweet potatoes, green beans and heat up the stuffing/turkey. The appetizers are all "cold" so just need to be put out. Even have a nice bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge.....and I am happy to report that it looks like the DISHWASHER has been fixed - something dh did on his own thank goodness so we saved some $$ there. It is being test out this morning and hopefully no leaks or surprises - just in time for all the dishes we are going to use tonight (the good dishes and silverware no less!).

Think I will call my gf and her hubby and see if they want leftovers tomorrow night!

Later,

Frouf
Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 AM   #289  

Melissa, I agree about Christmas presents. In my family, we finally started drawing names 2 years ago. That way, you only have to buy for one person instead of over 20, and you can focus more on finding something that one person would really enjoy.

We usually draw names on Thanksgiving, since we're all together then. It's been a fun tradition to start.

Angela
Old 10-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #290  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm on may way out to lunch and errands but I had to stop by and give you all the good news from my weigh in this morning. I'm down .8 which had been my pattern before the plateau of a large loss followed by a small loss. However, this .8 was enough to plump up my chickie! Check her out will ya? All 45 pounds of glory. My total is 45.4!

I'll be back after errands!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #291  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, hey, hey! Look at that chickie!! Congratulations!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #292  
Melissa

Way to go Vickie! I definitely think my 8 blinks had something to do with it.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #293  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation

What a fluffly little chick you have there Vickie - big congrats on attaining your 45 lb marker - keep up the good work! I am in awe of you!

FrouFrou
Old 10-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #294  

Vickie, weigh to go girl!!! I love the looks of that 45 pound chick. Congratulations!

Angela
Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #295  

Just checking in here,,,,went to work this morning and back on the couch this afternoon. Have to get rid of this cold Im out of town wed-fri....
Vickie,,,that chickie looks great!!!!! good for you.
Froufy its actually muggyhere today,,,we cant believe it;..last week it looked like we were going to get snow. wow I hope your Dh finds a job soon...((hugs))
Taking it easy the rest of the day and Im not cooking much here so its not core anything for meals,,toast and soup. thats it!
back to the couch..
ttyl
Old 10-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #296  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. it's a gorgeous day here but i'm a bit under the weather. i'm starting to wonder now if my fatigue friday was really due to the wendie plan. i am going to stay on core now regardless. we've been extra busy lately with hunting, the grands, plus the stress from mil. my congestive heart failure is flaring up. it's nothing to get alarmed about. i just have to slow down and rest. we went to the archery shop this am and were shooting a "mock" tournament with a couple of friends. i had to drop out after shooting 3 arrows. this isn't like me. curtis and i had decided to see how well i could shoot when i was having one of these flare ups. well, now we know.

we're both just lazying around the rest of the day. i made some fluff (is that what it's called? i can't remember.) we'll snack on it later. i told curtis he's going to need to get a different hunting buddy for awhile. this one is pooped.

kathy, i hope you get your patio finished today. i think contractors are about the same everywhere, don't you? they work when they want to work.

angela, i hope you get the sleeping arrangements figured out soon. little dd is having a ball, isn't she?

vickie, i'll read on to see about your wi. i just wanted to tell you that when i have chf my weight skyrockets. i was up over 7 lbs this morning. i'm back and forth to the restroom all day today. i am blown up like a balloon. even my face is swollen.

melissa, i stayed 100% on core yesterday and plan to do so today, too. i like our new halloween goal, don't you? okay--go get that resume ready. i want you to get that new job. i agree that we've seemed to have gotten away from the real joys of christmas. but i have to tell you--i miss gift sharing. we stopped it a few years ago and just buy for the grands. it's not quite the same. i miss buying for my son and dil.

frouf, i hope dh gets a job soon. i can empathize with you all. it's not an easy situation. just try to stay positive. enjoy tonight.

vickie!!! wooo hoooo!!! look at that chickie!!! congratulations, girlfriend!! you're on your way.

patti, you and i need to get together. is there enough room on your couch for both of us? i hope you get to feeling better pronto.

well, i don't guess i will fit on patti's couch, so i'm heading to mine. i'll be downstairs with my feet propped most of the day. have a magnificent monday, ladies.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:43 PM   #297  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Afternoon, my chickie friends! I'm done with my errands and very tired. I'm afraid I'm getting a UTI. Sigh. I have some symptoms. I'll wait a couple of days and then probably go to urgent care.

Thanks for the kudos and all those pre-weigh in magical blinks. I believe in the power of postive thoughts being send out into the universe. Maybe that's part of Melissa's theory of spiritual weightloss. I can't even begin to tell you how good it felt to get my new chick. I've been trying so hard and waiting since the end of July.

Patti, I hope you feel better soon. It's horrible to have to go out of town when you aren't feeling well. I know you are looking forward to the trip.

Melissa, Jim and I buy for each other for Christmas (one of us is like a child and will not give this practice up....me!) including hanging stockings for the other person to fill. I also buy for my 2 Great Nephews and 3 Great Nieces, my Sister, my BIL, my Niece and her husband. I've already started to buy and but things on my shelf because, like you, I can't wait until the end to buy everything. Problem is that we have many fall birthdays as well. I love to wrap. I've already bought my christmas cards and wrapping paper. Next Saturday, I'm going to buy a new artificial christmas tree with lights. If only it weren't 91 degrees here today!

Frouf, I hope your DH gets something soon. I'd hate to see you sell you stocks. Maybe he should give up on his field for now and get something to help with the bills. At least he fixed the dishwasher, huh?! I hope you get some rest tonight although it sounds like your evening is going to be very busy with your celebration. I hope you enjoy yourself and put thoughts of the troubles aside.

Poor Angela, I can't believe what happened with the dynamics of all of your girls together. Do you think it was just the first night newness? I guess it would be hard to see if toight they'd be ok since if it isn't ok you'll all lose another night of sleep!

Kath, your experience with your patio guy is the rule around here rather than the exception. I'd definitely share the experience with his foreman. I always tell them why I'm not going to recommend them to my friends or anyone else. That usually gets their attention! You do sound tired. Maybe you're on your way home already to have a nap?

Today's meeting was about little steps at a time. Of course, they wanted us to storyboard but the point was that we all just need to get started and start working on the program one meal at a time, one day at a time. If you mess up a meal, you've only messed up one meal not a whole day or a whole week. Also, my Core buddy at the meeting reattained lifetime status today. She was told to add 2 points worth of non-Core foods to her daily menu. She said she was going to have some ribs this week! She was pretty happy.

Well, I'm off to lay on the couch right after I have my FF cottage cheese and pineapple. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #298  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I'm sorry you still aren't well. Be sure you rest to take care of yourself. I'm not even cooking today either. I'll just be getting some good grilled food later. What is chf?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #299  
focused and aiming

congestive heart failure. i have that caused by valvular heart disease. but--it's a great life!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #300  
Southside White Sox Fan

I thought maybe it was something you had eaten. That's just terrible. I hope you get it under control soon. Does anything help besides rest?
Closed Thread