Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #301  
focused and aiming

i have taken an extra diuretic. i'll be all right soon. i don't know how many trips to the restroom i've already made today but it's a lot.

this happens every once in awhile. most of the time i feel fine. every now and then i have a flare up. i think it's to remind me the condition is still there. sort of a bite on the butt to get my attention, i guess.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #302  
Melissa

Frouf, I hope that this evening is a fun and relaxing time for you. Enjoy yourself! : That DH will find some employment very soon.

Vickie, you must still be glowing from getting that very fluffy chick. We're proud of you too!! You are super prepared for Christmas, aren't you? I'm impressed! Thanks for the reminder about going step-by-step too. We all need to remember that.

Patti, I hope that you are feeling better by now and will be back to yourself by tomorrow!

Sandra, goodness, what a day! Are you feeling okay now? Is this linked to that diet pill trauma that you had awhile back? Sending well wishes your way!

Will this work day ever end???!!! I did really well today but have gotten really hungry and shaky this afternoon. Ended up having to eat an english muffin. I can't figure myself out. I had protein and some carbs at lunch. I'm still shaky. I don't know what it is. I thought that I only got this way if I didn't eat (or didn't eat enough) or ate no protein/carbs at lunch. Apparently something is amiss!! I have to figure this out though, because when I get like that I have very little self-control.
Almost time to go home!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #303  
Melissa

Frouf, Happy Rosh Hashanah!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #304  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm worried about you. it sounds like you might have a sugar imbalance. have you had your sugar level checked lately? all my heart problems were caused by diet pills. i've had these problems for 9 years now. most of the time i am medically compensated. just every now and then i have a setback.

i'm in my gown taking it easy. i just got out of bed to eat some pudding. (quite a necessity, isn't it?). i'm heading back down in a few minutes. i'm just reading and resting. sort of spoiled, aren't i?

frouf, Happy Rosh Hashanah!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #305  
Melissa

Sandra, you need to rest! Thanks for worrying about me. I know that I have low blood sugar. If I don't eat it drops dramatically and I get all shaky and ravenous. But I had blood work done just a couple months back (when I was so fatigued) and it said that it was normal. But I worry about becoming diabetic because of how sensitive I seem to be. That is one of the reasons why I want to lose weight so badly. Take care of yourself tonight.

I had a BIG hamburger (no bun) and yummy oven fries for supper. Too good! I did have a slim-a-bear for dessert but they are only 2 pts. Also nibbled on a LO brownie. But it is gone now. I've got to work on something to eat for lunch tomorrow along with or after my crab salad. I guess I need to plan two lunches.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #306  
focused and aiming

melissa, sounds like you're doing well on core. i'm like you and think if you lose the extra lbs, you won't be as much at risk of becoming diabetic. this is another reason we need to get to those 180's.

i'm feeling better now. i lay in bed all afternoon. i'm rested now and am planning to try to do a little treadmill. i won't go far or fast but i'll do some.

have a good evening, everyone. i'll catch you later.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #307  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, guys. Well my first full day back on 100% Core and I wasn't hungry at dinner. I hope I don't mess myself up by not eating. I did manage 5 bottles of water during the day though.

Tomorrow's menu is all planned out. Melissa, I got some more crab to make that salad and so I think I'll start having that instead of tuna salad. Do you think it would keep for a few days? I'm also going to allow myself to consider FF yogurt (fruit flavored) as Core and will add that as a snack. It isn't a trigger for me because I can barely manage to choke down the little 4 oz. container, but I need to get in some more dairy.

Have a good night, all. I think I'll try to go to bed early and be back at work by 6-6:30 again. I sure did enjoy walking out at 3:30 today!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #308  
Melissa

Sandra, don't work yourself too hard! We will get to those 180's asap.

Kathy, I think the crab salad would keep for a couple of days. I made two servings from mine. I think that I could have eaten it all today though. It was really, really good. Thanks for the idea. I think that adding the yogurt would be fine. Personally, I hate the stuff. Have fun getting up at the crack of dawn.

Aaron and I went for our almost 2 mile walk tonight. We didn't go very fast but at least we did it! Hopefully we will continue. DH went to the doctor today and got a good report on his BP. He doesn't have to go back until Feb, and has decided that he wants to lose 20 pounds by then. So if he sticks to his guns it will really help me stick to the plan too.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 PM   #309  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

thanks to all for the kind wishes!

Sandra - sorry to hear about the flare up and hope your rest and pudding snack helped you feel better!

Melissa - sounds like you are super sensitive to blood sugar variations so it is a good idea to plan for snacks as required - I would hate to get that shaky feeling!

Patti - hope u are also feeling better and able to enjoy your business trip!

Angela - hope the girls "behave" tonight and get to bed - I agree w/Vickie that he might take a few nights for them to settle down!

Kathy - congrats on getting thru a great core day - and your water drinking sets a good example for the rest of us (says a frouf who only had about 40 oz today!).

I am proud to say our dinner went well despite dh's beginnings of complaining yet again - it doesn't take much these days to set him off.

I got home and was able to do the final preparations and get the side dishes done, table set, open the wine (it was really good by the way - french chardonnay).

I had some of the fish but did indulge in the apples/bread dipped in honey. The funniest was I brought home some printed out instructions on how to carve a turkey so dh and I got messy with that. Also had the stuffing (very yummy), sweet potatoes, broccoli and cranberry sauce. We were all pretty full and I didn't even serve the apple pie (which was a good thing cuz half of the pie has "disappeared" since I bought it yesterday...hmmmm???). I had a decaf/nf cappucino when I took dd dancing.

Good news is my gf and her dh are coming tomorrow for dinner so that will be lots of fun - but need to do some MAJOR CLEANUP before they arrive. Have lots of leftover turkey (saved the chopped liver for tomorrow cuz my gf simplye LOVES jewish food), will make fresh sweet potatoes,the green beans and will get more stuffing. Not sure about dessert? Will make a fruit platter, and maybe something else as I predict more of that pie will disappear before tomorrow evening.

Off to synagogue for the morning w/the kiddies!

Now dh has decided that 10 pm at night is a prime time to go for a walk - it's really balmy out - like summery and warm - too bad I'm already in my nightie (pink of course ) but I shall get dressed again and go snooping around the neighborhood.

Nitey nite!

Frouf
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #310  
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Vickie -- congratulations on the fluffier chick!! Are you getting a few last laps in your pool? I'm glad I don't need to do any serious running in this autumn heatwave.

Kathy -- do you still have a house full of people? You really do have a heart of gold.

I'm going to try to post every other day -- I really need the accountability and I miss you guys.

I have WI tomorrow night and need some blinks. I did really well all week, then went to a birthday party and christening (both had lots of yummy food and cake). I did okay at the parties, but something went off in my head and I just kept eating starting Sunday night. I'm trying to get it back under control, but it is really challenging. My dh is out of town on business and that always means I tend to eat more. I guess I miss him.

I've attached a pic of my dearest heart. She's modeling a part of a blanket that a friend is knitting for her.

Peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cutie.JPG (23.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #311  

Terry, she's adorable! What a smile!! Thanks for sharing.

Nighty night all,
Angela
Old 10-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #312  
focused and aiming

another yogurt hater here!! i don't care if it has fruit in it or not. i can't eat it. (errr-- i won't eat it would be better to say, i guess.)

melissa and kathy, you're making me hungry for crab salad.

can ya'll tell i am "healed"? i am feeling much much better. i told curtis i want to go back to the archery shop tomorrow and shoot that mock tournament. i'm ready. meds and rest work wonders.

melissa, that will be a big help for you for aaron to be losing, too. curtis works "fairly" hard at losing. he's a big help to me. however, looks like we both weigh about the same as when we started. guess we're a pair of turtles.

frouf, your day sounds like such fun. and an evening stroll? how romantic! i'll bet you two enjoyed yourselves. makes me smile. ahhhhhhh life is good.

terry. good success to you at wi tomorrow. please get back here and let us know how it goes. what an adorable model! she's a very happy baby--that's for sure!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #313  
focused and aiming

okay, time for new pages. come on over to 30. i have strained my old brain and have finally come up with some rhyming words.

see ya there.
Closed Thread