Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #256  
Melissa

Sandra, I hope that you guys are enjoying your birthday celebration today. Enjoy some cake! I'm glad you are going back to core if you do not have the same energy. Isn't it really remarkable how the food we eat affects everything?

Vickie, have fun at your party!! I hope that you feel great and that everyone compliments you all night. I don't think there's anything wrong with you fantasizing about a big loss as long as you don't let it get you down if it is little. Or even if you stay the same. That was a big loss last week.

Frouf, I don't know anything about Dame Edna but I hope that you can get your tickets changed. I love theater/musicals but have never been to a "real" show. I would love to go. And it sounds like you did really well with your dinner last night.

Well all I have planned for the menu this week is Chicken Fried Rice , Sandra's Hobo Dinner, Mexican Goulash, and cornmeal chicken. I am also planning on making Kathy's Crab Salad for lunch. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. But I don't know when I'll go to the store. Probably tomorrow afternoon or evening. We have adopted a college student from church and have to go to a luncheon tomorrow to meet her. That should be interesting. We are going to the IL's for supper tonight. She is making fried potatoes. She makes the best fried potatoes ever, they are my favorite! It is probably too much oil but at least she uses "good" oil. '
I have also been trying to brainstorm christmas gift ideas today. We always wait until this last minute, and I'm determined not to do that this year. This is the first year that we have had much money to do anything interesting, so I'm trying to be creative.
Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #257  
focused and aiming

patti, curtis hasn't done as much hunting yet as he'd planned but is supposed to go out tomorrow with an outfitter. keep your fingers crossed. i don't think there are as many and they're not as big as ya'll's. we're hoping he's successful. i am glad you figured out the 3 lb gain. that sodium is something, isn't it?

kathy, i wonder why your power went out. is it storming there? you know i keep up my ds through you. i hope you can find your patio furniture. is there a garden store near you? i've never been to one but i hear they are good.

melissa, i'll have to grocery shop after the movie and the grands are home. enjoy your day.

vickie, thank you for your words. i'm ready for core. have fun at the party today. oh, yes----ALOHA! keep fantasizing. it will happen. i'll tell curtis you said happy birthday. he'll be smiling for wure.

frouf, woo hoo, girl!!! you are in determination mode for sure. congratulations on being down this am.

we're leaving for the movies in a few minutes. i'll be back later this evening.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #258  

Height: 5'7"

Woohoo, Vickie! Way to go, White Sox!! It was a nail biter, wasn't it??
Old 10-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #259  

Good evening everyone! I finally got a hold of the seller, and she swears she sent the thing on Tuesday. So, I guess I should be patient and wait a few more days. I'm a little annoyed though, because the USPS website won't let me track the package, even though I should be able to.

I spent the day puttering around home. I finished SIL's rug while watching our church's General Conference on TV (a semi-annual satellite broadcasted meeting). This is the first year they've had it on our local public access cable channel, and I'm delighted. This way I don't have to go to mom's house (with her satellite) or to the church. It's on again tomorrow too. Anyhoo, I also went on a walk and to the fabric store with my mom in between sessions of conference. I also got dh to help me move baby dd's crib in with the big girls, and I turned her room in to a play/study room. I think they really enjoy it. I moved the train table in there, and the toy kitchen, and blocks, etc. We'll see how they all do sleeping together in the same room. I hope it works out smoothly.

I think I'll play World of Warcraft this evening. I'm working on building up my fishing skills. Can you believe, they occaionally have fishing tournaments within the framework of the game? Crazy! (Your character can learn how to fish.)

I made some delish Swedish meatballs for dinner tonight. It was a flex recipe, but it's OK. I'm working some of those in now that I'm on maintenance.

Oh yes, and those of you who have been following the saga with my mom's plateau, she's doing a lot better now that she's added in some carbs. She's now wearing all the clothes I wore when I started my weightloss journey. She's gone from a 22/24 down to a 16. for her!

Later, all!
Angela
Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #260  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home from my party and I really enjoyed myself. Got lots of compliments. Funny how many people have gained alot of weight since I last saw them. It makes me realize that even if we just hold our own we are sometimes doing good! I had a terrible time at the party. There was really nothing I could eat. I ate raw veggies with nothing on them and ate the bag of grapes that I brought with me and 5 eight ounce glasses of water. I ate some beef without bread and a chicken breast that I pulled the skin off of. Nothing else was nearly Core so I didn't eat it. When they ate cake, Jim and I each ate a sweet and salty peanut granola bar with a cup of black coffee. We were both really hungry on the way home. Jim didn't eat any sides either but it's because he doesn't like beans or potato or pasta salads (I would have happily eaten them!). So we stopped at Panera and got turkey sandwhiches. So I used about 10 points today. I was thinking about not exercising tomorrow but I think I will to try to help. Problem is that I still need a milk and I'm hungry so I think I'll make us a Frosty. This often happens to me after parties where I am good. Two things happen; I'm hungry and feeling a trifle deprived. Guess I shouldn't worry since I have the points.

Angela, when you get an idea you move on it quickly, don't you?! I bet the girls will love sleeping together especially since it means they get a cool playroom out of the deal. Congratulations on finishing the rug. When does the new SIL arrive? Is the house decorated? Remember, you're coming here to do mine when you're done there! This sounds like some complicated game you have going there. I'm sure you'll get your copy soon. Please tell your Mom congratulations for me! How much has she lost now? Is she still on Flex or has she gone back on Core? It's really cool that she has smaller sized clothes that were waiting for her. My Nice has a couple of things that she using as incentive for me. I can't wait. I hope to be in them by Winter.

Kath, you aren't kidding that it was a nail biter! But, most of our games have been like that this year. It was a little easier to take knowing that we have the division wrapped up already.

Sandra, what did you guys see at the show? Did Curtis get to pick or the girls? See, I'm assuming that you didn't get a vote!

Melissa, I am SOOOOOO proud of you for planning your menu. It will make a difference, I promise. One night, you should consider a plain easy meat, like sirloin burgers or steak or pork chops on the grill and make Angela's oven fries recipe. I'm not kidding, you will think you are eating the best fries ever! I just made them this past week with the Cola Chicken. YUUUUUUMMMMM!

Jim got his locker room hat and locker room shirts. He bought two shirts in case one wears out. He is SOOOOOO happy. The first post season game is Monday for us unless there is some kind of playoff between the Red Sox and the Yankees. We are definitely the underdogs in this drama. We'll be glued to the TV during this whole process. Maybe we'll even invite a few of our baseball friends over to watch with us.

Well, gotta go make that Frosty so I don't get into any more non-Core trouble. I'll talk with you all tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #261  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - you are the ultimate role model - I can't believe how good you were at the party, bringing your own core snacks and staying from everything you could not eat - good for you! I hope you had your Frosty and really enjoyed it. You deserve it!

Melissa - hope the meal planning/shopping goes well. I definitely going out to do groceries tomorrow!

Happy birthday Curtis - hope the celebration was grand!

Angela - fishing hmmmm??? Sounds interesting - hope your game arrives soon! Also wondering how the house decorating is going now that you mentioned it - please post pics when you're done! And I bet the girls giggle all thru the night and enjoy their playroom by day!

So how about going to see two movies in one day? What fun! Took ds downtown w/me this morning - he is so cute - kept exclaiming how much he loved being "downtown' and how clean it was?? So hysterically funny. I was able to get a credit for the Dame Edna/producers tickets thank goodness and ds of course wanted to walk around a bit inside so I gave him a little tour.

Then we went to the market area, parked there and went for a stroll. Took him to the gelato store - I decided I did not need to have one - but ds was kind enuf to share w/me (small cup with those cute teeny spoons!). Then we walked to this nice bakery and bought some chocolate filled buns for dh and dd (and it seems I didn't need one for myself which was great!).

Then we met dh at the movies as ds wanted to the see the new golf movie (greatest game ever played) so yes I had popcorn and diet pepsi for lunch. Very good movie.

Finally picked up dd - went jacket shopping - no luck of course - now says she wants a pea jacket - good luck to me - I think we might try old Navy? Came home made dinner (core steak, squash and also cooked up some core meatballs in tomatoe sauce which was also pretty yummy).

Dh still wanted to go out as planned so off we went to see Flightplan - no popcorn this time, but I did reward myself with a nice decaf nf cappucino w/sf vanilla syrup. This movie made me very anxious and was quite exciting at some points - it does have a few twists and turns making it very interesting. Of course once you get home and think about it you realize there were a few pretty far fetched things going on - but heck it's just a movie.!

Tomorrow is big COOKING DAY! Heading up to major jewish holidays this week (tuesday & wed) with big traditional meals on mon and tues night (older kids are going to their dad's tues night). I have decided to make TURKEY - all the flyers have fresh turkey on sale (our Thanksgiving is next Monday)....and I love Turkey! so it will be that w/sweet potatoes, green beans, and a nice traditional round challah w/raisins. We also dip apples in honey (for a sweet year), but I don't think i will make my apple cake this year as I know I will just go crazy and inhale the whole thing. I know it won't all be core, but enuf will be so I can do okay. Next week (13th) is Yom Kippur, when we fast from sundown to sundown - so I'll make up for all this eating then? Anyhow will make the turkey tomorrow as I am working Monday and won't get home til dinnertime so everything has to be ready to go!

Time to relax and do some reading before bed! Nitey nite

Frouf
Old 10-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #262  
Melissa

Sandra, hope that you have had a great day with Curtis and the kiddos.

Vickie, you are still my core hero. You did an amazing job at the party. Sorry you were hungry afterwards, I hope that you made the frosty and enjoyed. Thanks for your encouragement. You're right, I need to have less-prep meals on hand for when I get off work. I don't have a grill or an electric grill (mine died) which would make things so much easier. I plan on buying an electric one when $ becomes less tight! Oh and I made the oven fries last week--they're great!! DH went crazy for them. I will be making them again this week I'm sure.

Frouf, it sounds like you had a really relaxing day. I'm glad. You deserve to kick back and watch a couple of movies. And way to go, denying temptations like that. You did great. Your menu for the holidays sounds really good. What are the holidays this week? Have fun cooking tomorrow!

Angela, you do move fast! I'm sure the girls love their "new" rooms.

I'm headed to bed. We are going to be at church forever tomorrow. I need to sleep!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #263  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

For Melissa and those other inquiring minds who want to know: http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday2.htm or jewishholidays for more info on upcoming holidays!

I am hoping the turkey will last a few meals so I won't have to cook as much but sounds like I better try out those oven fries everyone is raving about so much!

Last edited by Froufy; 10-01-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #264  
focused and aiming

angela, congratulations to your mom. that's a fantastic success story. tell her i'm proud of her.

vickie, again i'm impressed. you are truly amazing. okay. i need to get more serious. (i had cake today.) i'm not going to get to stay home and work on restarting core tomorrow cuz the guys have (again!) backed out on going hunting with curtis. i'll be going with him. i promise you (and i'm promising you so i will do the right thing.) i won't eat any more cake. i'll begin core in the am like i'd planned. i'll just have to make a sandwich to take out of that 1 pt diet bread. that's doable. i was just not wanting to use any wpa's for awhile. guess 1 pt won't kill me.

oh? the movie! we saw "madagasgar." curtis picked it before we got the girls. i was sooooo glad he didn't pick "dukes of hazard." we had a great time today--but after the movie we went by to visit his mom. she started in on curtis after we'd been there a few minutes. i told her to stop. i didn't want to hear any of it. she did. (i was amazed) but he was already pale and having muscle pains in his chest. i had to drive the girls on to their home 10 miles away then drive us home. when we got home he took a hydrocodone. he's not hurting as much.

tomorrow morning we're going to go hunting, but i don't think this will be a very serious hunt. he's still not feeling all that well. he just needs to get out. i wish those guys hadn't backed out on him but they did. (they are young guys who don't budget their time too well.) oh, well, life goes on.

frouf, i'm wanting to see those movies you saw today. maybe soon. sounds like you'll be extra-busy tomorrow. enjoy yourself.

melissa, did you see where i copied you on the halloween challenge? i got so excited about changing it that i also changed my big goal, too. now i'm feeling like i just lost 10 lbs. i didn't stay at 155 (my real ww goal) very long. i bounced around 160-165 a long time. i was happy there then so i should be happy there again. we'll see.

night night, girls.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #265  

Yes, my family has noticed that about me...when I decide I want something, I do it right away. Sometimes it's OK, sometimes . . . it's not! I'm always impulsively cutting my hair, and sometimes I regret it later.

I stayed up WAY too late playing, so it was a rude awakening when baby started crying at 5:30. It seems the stupid cat tried to get into her crib and startled her. Then the big ones got up about 5 trillion times between 5:30 and 6:30 until I finally got smart and shut the door on the cat. Then, despite my numerous admonitions that they slip out of bed and immediately leave the room when they woke up in the morning, of course, they played around in there and woke up little dd. So now they are having to play with her this morning as punishment. I knew it'd be a rocky first night together, and I really should have gotten to bed sooner. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Maybe I'll have time to nap today...

Angela
Old 10-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #266  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Girls! I had a bad night of sleep. Note to Vickie file....never eat raw cauliflower! Wow was I in pain all night. Still have some pain now! Sheesh.

Frouf, how exciting for you and your family! I LOVE holidays. I'm gonna go read your links. I investigated equal employment opportunity complaints filed by Treasury Department employees against Treasury Department Managers for 16 years right before I retired. It was probably some of the most interesting work that I ever did. It was certainly the most emotional. I thought the religion complaints were the hardest and most sensitive right behind sexual harassment. I love to read about different cultures and religions. I used to try to tell other Managers that learning about people who have different beliefs is the first step toward understanding each other and having a harmonious workplace. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't! As far as Core and your plan goes, I think making that turkey is a great idea. You can do alot with LO turkey, including some great turkey salad, turkey soup, etc. Passing on those bakery buns was a huge NSV for you. I really admire those of you who have to have all that non-Core stuff in your house. I'm not sure how successful I could be with it in my face all the time.

Melissa, steaks and chops aren't too bad in the broiler once you get the hang of how close to put them to the fire and how long to cook them. I use the broiler sometimes during the winter. That and my showtime rotisserie!

Sandra, I'm glad you're coming back to Core! Don't worry about using some WPA's. That's what they are there for. It wouldn't be possible for me to use none. Last week I used about 30 and this week I have used them all. I think we should still be able to lose while using them as long as we are managing the comfort zone. I'm glad you're going with Curtis. It would be too scarey for him to be alone out in the woods. Maybe one of you is going to have to tell his Mother that she is making him sick. Maybe that will get her attention. I'm sure she wants to continue seeing him. How sad!

I have a quiet day planned today. I just have to do meal planning for next week. I'm not cooking tonight. We are just having Chipotle burrito bowl for dinner. I had it last Sunday night and it wasn't a problem before weigh in. So I should be ok this week too. And, of course, there will be exercise. The scale is exactly where it was last week. Funny, I took off those 3 pounds that I gained but here I am again at the point I was stuck at. Heck, at this point I will take a .2 loss and be happy. Although, I think .4 will get me to my 45 pound chick. That would be better!

Talk to you all later.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #267  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, sounds like they had a pajama party at quite an early hour! Little girls are so much fun. I think your "punishment" was perfect. I'm guessing they'll be sure not to wake up baby DD next time! I think you'll all need a nap this afternoon.

Last edited by Vickie; 10-02-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #268  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, thanks so much for the links. I enjoyed reading them very much.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #269  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everybody! It's looking like a dreary day here, but no rain in the forecast. Maybe it'll clear up later. We're going over to the inlaws' house for lunch because Judd's brother's wife and kids are in town visiting her mom in Dallas. She's just coming to the Fort Worth area for the day, and I think going back home to Virginia tomorrow, so if we don't see her today then it'll be Thanksgiving before we do. We do, however, have to leave right after lunch because Dallas is playing Oakland today. Judd is the biggest Raiders fan there ever was.

Angela, that room situation sounds perfect, and I'm sure the older ones will get the hint after doing their "punishment" this morning. That was a good one! Happy fishing ... that game sounds like fun but I have such an addictive streak in me anyway that I don't dare check it out.

Vickie, the party sounded good, and you did great with not caving in! I'm sorry about your tummy though. I can't stand cooked cauliflower but like it raw. However, it's probably the same as you -- it doesn't like me back.

Melissa, have fun today! Sounds like a busy one at church. Is there something special going on? And do you ever use the crockpot? That might help out some too with your meal planning. Even not adding soup, but just putting in roast or steak tips or chicken with broth is a big help. Then you can make rice and vegetables when you get home. Sometimes in the morning I even put the meat in there while frozen if I have forgotten to take it out to thaw. Still does fine.

Frouf, you have a busy week coming up! That sounds like quite a task with all the cooking, but I think you're right about the fast day making up for the big eating days. It's very interesting to read. I have a friend from another board who is Russian Orthodox (I think that's what it is) and it was always interesting to read about their different holidays and celebrations. And it sounds like you've been doing very well with the cravings, etc., especially at the movies.

Sandra, do you want me to call Curtis' mom? Because I will! That woman is poison to him and needs to know it. Someone will have to be the bad guy pretty soon. I'm glad you told her to stop. Happy hunting today and I hope Curtis feels better soon.

Vickie, was it you the other day who said looks like we've lost Rita? I've been wondering about her too; maybe she'll be back.

I should be cleaning up the kitchen but instead am just sitting here in the quiet. Erin has gone to work, Kate will be leaving in about an hour, and Shaun will probably be going somewhere to watch football. I wish we didn't have to go to Fort Worth but oh well.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:31 AM   #270  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, enjoy the quiet while you can and have a safe trip to Ft. Worth.
Closed Thread