Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #151  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Girls! Funny you mention TV. Our DVR is nearly 75% full and I've been asked by the love of my life to devote tonight to TV so I won't be here long! Sandra, I think I told you that I don't watch reality TV but I realized that I do watch two shows that could be considered reality TV. One is American Idol and the other is the Law Firm. We will be watching Desperate Houswives. We watched all last season and LOVED it...both of us. We haven't seen it yet and may not see it until later this week.

I had a great shopping trip. Everything was $346 regular price and I got it for $186. Pretty darn good. Thanks Melissa for the picture of the twinset. I bought two a hot Froufie pink and basic black because I loved them so much. Both in 2X I might add! I also got a 3 piece sport outfit in brown with little glittery accents on it. It has slacks, a zippered light jacket with a hood and a tea with a glittery "V" at the neck. I also got a basic pair of black casual slacks and a fuzzy powder blue top with embroidered snowflakes on it. 10 items for $186! Pretty darn good. I'm SO glad I forced myself to go.

I'm back in my pj's and my face is washed. Jim came with me and ran to Target and got our dinner while I was shopping. I told him today that he's a great husband but he's and even better friend.

Sandra, hope your toe is ok after your walk!

Patti, was the chicken good? I'd like the recipe for those potatoes. I don't care what stuff looks like anymore! Is your nest permantly empty now? Walking on the beach sounds fun. Our nest never got filled so we're used to it.

Kath, I feel so sorry for your family. What a catch 22. I'm sure you don't expect it but I hope they do something nice for you and Judd for taking care of them. Will they be staying with you until they can go home? I hope you're remembering to take care of yourself too. I think you forget to do that sometimes!

Jim's back from his shower.....gotta go. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me for my weigh in tomorrow with Mr. TOM!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #152  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, you're always saying how great of a husband that Jim is ... but I think you're a pretty darn great wife! I hope he tells you 40 times a day how much he loves and appreciates you!!

They're home now from dinner, and Maci has gone to sleep since she had no nap today. I know mom and dad are worn out; Rylee is wound up and not looking like she's ready for bed anytime soon though. I think they'll be here until next weekend. I wish you could see them. Mostly, I wish you could see Maci because she's such a cute little porkchop! Hopefully Judd can take pictures of them tomorrow night and I'll post them.

I made King Ranch Chicken Casserole for the family, so it smells like it's ready. Erin will need food when she gets home from work tonight; Shaun is at some bar watching football I'm sure; Judd went with his friend just to get out of the house; Kate is here until 10:00.

Scott needs the computer so I'd better go!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #153  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sweet dreams!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #154  

Oh holy smoke, I am livid!! Scott just got a call from his boss saying he has to report to work tomorrow. He has no home to go to (they aren't allowed to even go into the city), and there's still no water or power. We are scrambling to figure out what to do. This is ridiculous.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #155  
Melissa

Kathy! That's so awful!! I hope that they can work something out so that he doesn't lose his job on top of everything else.

Vickie, sounds like you did really great shopping today! Congrats!

Desperate Housewives was good tonight. That show is so engrossing, even DH likes it. We are watching Crossing Jordan now. I generally don't like to watch so much tv but since I'm kind of confined to the couch it seemed like a good idea. We like this show a lot.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #156  

Still working on a plan here and I missed Desperate Housewives because of it! I hope it was Tivo'd so I can watch it tomorrow night.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #157  
focused and aiming

vickie, we watch ai, too, but not law firm. i am amazed at your good shopping buys. good for you! don't you feel happy about them? and size 2x! you, rock, girl! i didn't do the treadmill after all. i tried 2 different times but my left heel was feeling bruised. my toe isn't hurting at all. weird, eh? i'm hoping to do some walking tomorrow. i've had 2 days off now. that should be enough.

vickie,

kathy, i'd be livid, too. i hope ya'll get things worked out.

melissa, we watched it, too. lots of stuff happening. it's good, isn't it?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #158  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - are they insane? How do they expect people to go to work given the current circumstances? I think someone should straighten them out (a certain Frouf? cuz it sure makes me mad and I"m not even involved!). Glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound tho!

Any luck w/the beagles - they are so cute! Hope the owners turn up soon.

Vickie - nothing warms my heart like a good bargain - and you are a very good bargain hunter - I so love finding good deals and I think you did great. Congrats on the new clothes (esp the hot froufie pink stuff! ) and the new sizes! Good for you. Sending early morning blinks to you for your weigh-in .

Vivian - you are making AMAZING progress - congratulations on your fantastic loss! You must look great and feel great too!

Melissa - how are you feeling today? Hope you are doing okay!

Sandra - Sorry to hear your toes/heels are hurting! I sure hate getting blisters but I'm glad you have a new pair of runners to wear out!

Patti - I can't even imagine having an empty house - altho I do dream about it alot? It would be so weird to have everyone gone - I hope you can enjoy the solitude!

I had an interesting weekend - ended up at the "hillbilly" party where there was TONS OF SMOKING (and I mean all kinds of smoking if you get my drift). I hate smoke (of all kinds) so this was not that fun. I ended up at the back of the party room (in a converted garage) near the door next to my MIL - so I could get some fresh air. Couldn't wait to get home and strip off all my clothes - felt like I had dipped my head in an ashtry and all I could smell was smoke!

Lots of music - dj and karaoke - so yes I actually did get up and sing a few songs (but not alone of course! There was also a "marilyn monroe" lookalike visitor - who sang her famous "happy birthday mr. president" to my bil....and later on a "female" chicken dancer/stripper - stripped down to her chicken suit and underwear - it was pretty funny (are you a breast man or a leg man? ).

I did not eat well over the weekend altho I did not go crazy - I did have some party sandwiches and cake at the party, and risotto and shrimp last night w/french onion soup - very yummy. Today of course I am trying to watch what I eat.

I am home now as my back is feeling a bit painful (just took a muscle relaxant). I was going to leave work at 1:30 pm anyways as we have a therapist appt for dd (and ex and dh are both "invited") so would have been gone all afternoon anyways.

Not sure if going back to bed is a good idea w/my back - sometimes sitting up makes it feel better (on the leather couch which has pretty good support and of course my computer chair ).

Will check in later!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 09-26-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #159  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Great news from my weigh in. I lost 3 pounds! I couldn't be happier and WITH my TOM. That brings me back to 44.6 down just short of my 45 pound chick. I intend to change my chick next week. No more backsliding! Today's meeting was terrific. It was all about positive self talk. I intend to be as positive to myself as I am to others. Starting now.

Jim and I have errands to run and I'm going out to lunch for a nice salad as my treat. It'll be Core, of course.

Kathy, that is ridiculous news about Scott! I hope he was able to change his boss's mind. Any news on the beagle's family?

Melissa, I hope you're feeling better. Did you go to work?

Frouf, you sure did have an interesting weekend from your description of it. I love how you write because I can always imagine being there. I'm a horrible ex-smoker and do everything in my power to stay away from smoke now. The only place we go now where smoking is allowed is the gambling boats. When we come home we both usually strip in the laundry room and head straight to the shower. Separately, of course!

Gotta go fold the pool solar cover and get on those errands. My house is filthy again and I'm cooking dinner tonight. So I need to get off of this computer.

Talk to you all later when I'm on a break.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #160  
Melissa

Hey everyone! I did stay home from work today. I knew there was no way I could handle it today. I'm hoping that I feel well enough to go tomorrow. Especially considering my family bday outing is supposed to be tomorrow night. I guess I'll see how I feel later this afternoon. I already feel much better, but when I try to do too much my cough gets all worked up again.

Vickie, Congratulations!!! Way to go!!! I just knew that you would have a great weigh-in. Wave goodbye to that plateau, you are on your way girlfriend!!

Frouf, sounds like you had an interesting weekend, as always. I hope that your back is feeling better and that you can enjoy your day.

Sandra, sorry you didn't get to walk. I hope that you can feel better before your desire to walk goes away.

I think DH is intent on cleaning this house today. Every once in a blue while he gets the urge to clean. I'm going to help as much as possible. I think it might be a good idea for me to test my "sea" legs.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #161  
focused and aiming

frouf, i am sorry you're having back problems. i know that has to be painful. i remember going to one of those parties when i was in my other life. i wound up locking myself in the bathroom crying. my ex fussed at me all the way home about how i had embarassed him. that party was one of the worse nights of my life. sorry about rambling. your post just brought up those old memories.

vickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
i have to tell you, i'm not surprised at all. you have been working the plan exceedingly well and deserve this payoff. good for you!!!!!

positive self talk is important. i'm glad you mentioned it. we all need to work on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #162  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm glad you were able to stay home. don't let aaron work you too much. seems our guys always get intent on projects when we don't feel well. just don't you overdo it and have a setback.

i'm going to try to walk as soon as i get off here. you're right. my walking mentality will dwindle if i don't jump back on soon.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #163  

Vickie! Congratulations!!! That's some great news that is WAY overdue ... you have definitely earned it and I'm glad your body is finally starting to cooperate and see things "our" way!

Scott doesn't know anything yet and we haven't found the beagles' home. I am starting to get very upset about the state of my life ... Erin called a little while ago crying because dogs were barking and kids were loud. She got 4 hours of sleep last night and has a big test today, plus has to work tonight. Kate and Judd aren't speaking but at least are managing to stay away from each other. Of course, they both complain to me about the other one, but I have to tune it out. I told Judd we HAD to find homes for the beagles because I just can't handle five dogs. Sorry, but I can't. I don't think he's going to agree though.

Frouf, the party sounds horrible and if I had been there, you and I would have left and gone shopping. I guess I'm too old for that sort of foolishness, and I can't STAND smoke. It's the one thing I hated about working in that bar last summer/fall; coming home with reeking clothes was such a pain.

Melissa, I hope you can log some more time on the couch and just watch Aaron clean the house. Point every once in a while and say "You missed a spot." Feel better, girl.

Sandra, have you talked to your son any more? I hope your feet start behaving soon so you can do your walking!

I lowered my tracker this morning by one whopping pound. Pathetic, isn't it? I was so hoping to have reached goal by now, but will just plug along and keep trying. What else can I do?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #164  

Hey everyone,
just catching up on the reading here and then off to the couch,,,,was up before teh birds this morning,,not sure what was up with that. Time for a nap. Then supper and a church meeting tonigt.
Kathy, your poor nephew let us know how he makes out...poor guy.
Froufy, *whispering here* shhh please dont tell anyone but I am sure glad our restaurants our now smoke free-- unfortunately not everyone around this house agrees...haha
yahoooo Vickie,,,,im so happy for you! you give me so much inspriration all the time you deserve it !!
Melissa take care of yourself,,,dont you dare do any housework!!
Sandra your right we all need to talk to ourselves in the positive!
ok off the couch chickies have a good one.ttyl
Old 09-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #165  

Hi everyone:

Dad's doing somewhat better. They've moved him out of the ICU, and he's eating regular food and getting up to walk a bit every day. I'm pooped from driving 180 miles a day this weekend, but it was worth it.

I did manage to drag myself out to walk this morning. It was dark the first half, but then the sun came up. I wrangled with myself about other possible exercise times, but it just wasn't happening. The scale is backing down a bit and maybe I can get back on track.

I think my perimenopause is kicking it up a notch, though. I'm starting to have, not exactly hot flashed, but more like "Is it warm in here or is it just me" flashes. Not fun at 4:00 in the morning. Plus there's the lovely brain fog, forgetfulness and shakiness I couldn't wait to start my new pack of BC pills yesterday.

Congratulations, Vickie. 3 pounds is awe-inspiring.

Kathy, you're doing wonderful things. I'd go nuts with all those extra people. Sometimes I don't even want my regular family members around!
Closed Thread