Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #226  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Vickie - that makes me feel much better about the oatmeal - I sure was feeling like a little piggie! But it is better than being hungry and dreaminig of non-core goodies!

As for befriending my treadmill again? Yes we have it set up in the bedroom, and yes we bought a SPECIAL stand and tv placed directly in front of it (vertically challenged froufs were not able to see the tv from the treadmill before), so I have no excuse. Dh has been doing great - running on it almost daily (maybe 5/7 days) in order to help with his high cholesterol issues. See - they are really good friends! Congrats on doing your 2 miles today and enduring the carpet cleaning guy even while unprepared!

My supervisor had a chat w/my staff member and so did I after a mtg this pm - seems I did "offend" her w/some of my "aggressive" behaviour? I am very direct but certainly never meant to be aggressive and hurt anyone's feelings! I think some of the questions I asked were taken personally - so I did say that they were no reflection on her and that I apologize for any misunderstandings or if I did anything wrong. It seems she was harboring some of these feelings for over a MONTH...which I think is so wrong. Told her she had to tell me right away if things are not going welll - in fact we have now worked out a 'time out' signal which she can give me (without others knowing) to tell me to back off a bit. I hope this will work. In any case at least we have cleared the air....I think?

So who won the game? Inquiring minds want to know!

F.F.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #227  
focused and aiming

frouf, back in the early 90's i took some kids to an m.c. hammer concert. i think i was the only old white lady in the stands. i had a blast. the man i was dating at the time (not curtis) was asleep in his car in my driveway when i got home. he was afraid i'd meet someone there. what a hoot!!!

welcome to the world, grace!!!! thanks, melissa, for keeping us posted.

vickie, i can just see you trying not to nap on somebody. would you post ordering information on those cookies for us when you get them? i often order things via net or snail mail. we're always looking for new things (especially sweets). thank you for your help.

curtis can't be around cleaning products either. he gets a major reaction. it's hard to keep the place clean without them, so i use them sparingly. i hope jim gets better soon.

kathy, congratulations on your weight being down more and also on your guests leaving soon. i hope you get to feeling better quickly. you need some time to rest. that should help. you've been under a tremendous amount of stress lately.

melissa, i'm glad you chose my home away from home to celebrate yesterday. yes, i have seen the campfire chicken but haven't been too tempted for it yet. i am wanting to try that new salad they have for fall, though. have you seen it? it has apples and grapes in it. sounds yummy.

frouf, we have gone a couple of days without calling curtis' mom. we just weren't up to any more bs. we'll see her tomorrow, though, when we take her and the grands to cracker barrel. (yep, melissa, this will be our 2nd time there this week. ) frouf, i'm proud of you for doing so well on core. you go, girl!!

vickie, i am proud of you, too, my friend. you are an example of what i want to be. enjoy your ballgame. go, sox!!!

we've already been out to practice target shooting, do some gossiping, and lunching at cbrl. i don't have a clue what we're doing the rest of the day. prob either go hunt or watch survivor and the apprentice. if we stay home, i'll do my 1.5 hours on the treadmill. vickie, i'm not walking as fast as you. i'm getting 3 miles in that 1.5 hours.

i forgot to tell ya'll i weighed 190.5 this am. i need to change my tracker. think i'll go do that now.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #228  
Melissa

Sandra!!! You go girl!!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #229  
focused and aiming

thanks, melissa. sure am wanting to hit those 180's. won't be long. i can feel them coming. i wore an older pair of jeans today that i had outgrown back in feb. they aren't my smallest but they are smaller than my newest. i guess the exercising is paying off more than i'd thought. my weight isn't that much lower.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #230  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'll be back later after dinner since I see that there is so much more to celebrate than just the White Sox win! Yes....we won the AL Central division and we are going to post season. Jim and I danced in the family room and I cried like a goofball at how happy the guys were in the locker room! What a sap I am. Anyway, we are out the door for an early dinner. We are meeting the Niece, Nephew and two Greats. Jim and Jim the Nephew will be having fried chicken. Funny the Italian restaurant makes fabulous fried chicken. I still haven't decided what I'm having...there are so many choices. Yum. I'll be back.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #231  

Height: 5'7"

Go, White Sox!! (I can say that now since the Rangers aren't in post season.) I'm sure you and Jim are on cloud nine!

Scott and family might not be leaving after all ... the hotel that they thought they were getting turns out to be in Houston, which would be way too far for him to drive to work every day. They're looking for another one. Meanwhile, both girls are sick and had to go to the doctor today. The doctor got them right in, then gave them a bunch of samples and didn't charge a co-pay. He wasn't going to charge anything at all, but they insisted on giving their insurance info. Michelle said she broke down crying in the office when they told her that. They are SO tired and SO emotional right now! I mean, they have money and insurance and cars and a house that didn't get damaged, but just can't go home! So sad!

Sandra, you ROCK! That's awesome, girl! Congratulations and keep it up!! You know you'll be in the 180s in no time at all.

Melissa, I hope you feel better this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #232  
focused and aiming

woo hoo!!! congratulations white sox. vickie, will you and jim get to go to any of the post season games?

kathy, i hope your relatives find something close to home soon. this is tough on them, isn't it?

well, i'm sitting here wanting to be on the treadmill. curtis is asleep in his recliner next to it. guess i'll wait till he opens his peepers.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #233  
Melissa

Hey gals. Things are okay here. I'm coughing like crazy tonight which is not comforting. I am hoping it is just remnants of my illness and allergy stuff. that I feel better by tomorrow.
I am super tired but just wanted to say hi.
Vickie, congrats!
Kathy, hope everything works out soon.
Sandra, hope Curtis wakes up soon so you can walk.
Frouf, your treadmill needs female companionship.
Heading to bed soon...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 PM   #234  

Ah ... a sorta quiet evening!!!

Judd got home from work and announced he was going to the bar. He asked Scott to go (which I thought was very nice) and so Scott said yes. I have been here with Michelle waiting for the kids to go to sleep, and hopefully we can have a good talk when they finally nod off.

They aren't sure what to do now. There are no hotels within a reasonable distance from his work, but his boss said he could sleep at the office, just not the family. I suggested that maybe he and Judd could drive down on Saturday, get Michelle's car, and Judd would drive it back. That way she could continue to stay with us, but would have a car to drive. Since Scott is a utility worker, he has a letter allowing him back into the city even though it's closed. I guess we'll see what the outcome is tomorrow or Saturday.

They started building our patio cover today and will finish tomorrow. It looks great and I am so excited. Hopefully it'll be nice weather this weekend and we can sit out. I have things to decorate the walls with (of course), but didn't want to do it until the cover was up.

Heading to the family room to wait for Michelle. I really like having them here and wish they could stay. Okay, somebody needs to slap me now.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:08 AM   #235  
focused and aiming

i woke curtis up at 5 pm. i knew he'd want to get up so he could sleep tonight. i did my 1.5 hours on the treadmill. i'm feeling good. curtis walked a mile on it, too. we're going to go have a pretend tournament in the am. tomorrow pm we get the grands. we'll keep them overnight then take them to the movies saturday. that will be curtis' bday celebration.

did i tell ya'll we've decided to start having a date each week? this week's won't be romantic cuz we'll have the grands. (also, it's the university of montana's homecoming here in missoula so things will be super crowded sat night.) next week we'll do a nighttime dine out. we eat out a lot but always at noon.

we're not having any marital problems. we just think we need to get out and have some fun and quit being such stay at home folks. we're going to dress up and everything. we're going to pretend we're dating. sounds kinda neat, doesn't it?

melissa, i hope you're getting over your cough. girl, you've been through the mill, haven't you?

kathy, sounds like you're adjusting well to having company. that's good. enjoy your new patio cover. get those walls covered. pictures for us?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:00 AM   #236  

Here is one tired little Katpo. I went to bed around midnight, had to get up a few times during the night, then got up for good at 5:00 and am now at work.

ZZZzzzzzzzzz ....
Old 09-30-2005, 09:23 AM   #237  

Good morning, all! Sandra, dh and I go out on date night at least twice a month. We have that babysitting co-op so we can go out and don't have to pay for a babysitter. It's been really nice having a set time for it, because before, we'd just decide it was too much of an effort, and do the same-old, same-old.

Kathy, I hope everything works out well for your relatives. I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be as a Mom to deal with all this craziness.

Little dd woke up chattering her teeth this morning. Her room gets so cold, because it's over the garage, and I shut her door at night to keep the cats out. I am debating moving her crib in with the big girls, and using her room as a play/study room. The only thing is, I'd have to bunk the big girls' beds, and I'm not sure I want to do that yet. Middle dd is not too coordinated, and would probably fall off the top bunk. (And I KNOW they'd both play up there.) Decisions, decisions!

I'm kind of frustrated - I bought another copy of this computer game I've been playing (World of Warcraft) on ebay, so I can have my own account. I bought it on Monday, and paid for it right then and there. But I still haven't seen my package, and the online tracking through the post office isn't working. The seller had a really high approval rating, but Grrrr, I want my game! I e-mailed the seller, but haven't heard back from them yet. At least I used paypal, so maybe I can get my $ back if it never comes?? Plus it was insured through the post office, or so it says.

Well, better go make dd's school lunch...

Later!
Angela
Old 09-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #238  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, Chicks! I just popped on to say hello. I have to go shower and get dressed so I can see if I can get in for an unscheduled pedicure. I have a party to go to tomorrow. I was expecting it to be cold enough to wear closed in shoes but now they are saying it will be 79 or 80 tomorrow. My toes are bare and ugly! Talk to you all later.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #239  

Angela, I buy and sell on ebay all the time, have since 1999. Even if they sent it priority, sometimes it takes a few days longer than what they tell you. It was probably sent on Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday) so I'd say you'll have it soon. Have fun playing!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #240  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Red face Froufie's Friday

Hang in there Angela - I'm sure your game is on the way! And poor little dd to be frozen like that! Our bedroom is the one over the garage so I know what you mean - did I mention how we usually end up turning on the heat by the end of September. Well this year I thought it might be different given the warm weather we've been having...but like usual it just suddenly drops! This morning it was 4 degrees celsius - yikes! Like only 40 degrees and going up to only high 60's so ya might need to turn on the heat a bit tonight?? Happy October 1st!

Kathy - you must be feeling pretty tired and can hopefully sleep better tonight? I don't envy Scott sleeping at work!...and it's too bad they can't find somewhere close by for all of them. I hope you are now overextending yourself too much w/your company and you do get time to relax!

Melissa - hope the cough is better and you are on the mend. Enjoy your dinner out tonight!

Sandra - love date nights esp when you dress up. Here's the plan: you get a hotel room for the night but don't tell curtis. Tell him to meet you in the hotel bar as part of date night. He gets there first. You saunter in - you look marvelous, simply marvelous - all the men are ogling you. You look around the room - see Curtis - saunter over and sit down next to him and strike up a conversation. The rest of them are all VERY JEALOUS - you then VERY CONSPICUOUSLY drop your hotel room key into his drink! (okay hopefully it's empty by now). Get up and leave and he follows you! ...and try to see out of the corner of your eye the reactions ha ha ha

Also congrats on your smaller jeans - and I confidently predict the 180's are definitely within your reach - keep us posted!

Cher - how is your dad doing?

Patti - how are you doing? I bet it's really cold where you are!

Was hoping to get out to a movie last night while dd danced, but it didn't happen so I satisfied myself w/popcorn at home (and some icbinb spray) and diet pepsi. I wasn't really hungry but just had the munchies.

So after two days of eating in control I was hoping to lose well I don't know at least 10 lbs or so? ha ha ha. I was pretty disappointed to see 202.6 (instead of 203) of the other day. Guess it will take a little longer to see a change right?

I am also a bit apprehensive about going out to dinner tonight w/ex work friend from out of town. We have not yet decided where to go - might try a seafood place as I think fish would be good for me? w/veggies or baked potato? Red Lobster is always an option, but there another new orleans type place called Big Daddy's crabshack which is pretty good (check out the dinner menu here: http://www.bigdaddys.ca/baseline/menu/index.htm ), but I'm afraid I will want the seafood fondue as an appetizer and I think it's pretty fattening! It will be fun anyways!

Time to get to work I guess!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 09-30-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread