Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #76  

Wow, Terry ... 7 pounds is exceptional for a second WI! Way to go!

Lisa, you have a great attitude about the 1-pound gain ... and it sure sounds as though you had a wonderful day today! 7 AP's is outstanding! Give yourself full credit for staying focused and sticking to the plans you made!

Angela, still waiting to hear you report in from WI ... I can't wait to meet my first lifetimer!

Froufie, sorry you're not feeling well ... you're on the downhill slide now. Maybe tomorrow will be the magic day when you wake up feeling out of this world! If nothing else, you now have a tangible knowledge of how well you feel when you're eating Core, right?

Kierie and Vickie, sounds like you are both feeling better! Vickie, I hope those 2 pounds skedaddle by tomorrow but if they don't, you know you've done everything you're supposed to so they will vanish ... and soon! Happy WI wishes for you!!

I had a good day today ... played hooky from work and did my weekly house cleaning, with all the windows open to enjoy the nice breezes before the rains move in tonight. I bought a carpet cleaner last week and tackled the carpet today. I thought it did a very nice job ... was pretty powerful at extracting the water so that was a nice plus, since the carpet dried pretty quickly. DD and I had dental appointments this afternoon ... I changed to a new dentist (preferred dentist under BCBS ... every little bit helps!) and he was just the sweetest thing ... no cavities, ma! Got my exercise in on the elliptical before our dental appointments. I didn't eat particularly well today but I wasn't out of control either so I'll accept it and move on.

Have a great evening all!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #77  

Okay, drumroll please . . . .

At weigh-in tonight, I lost 2.6 to make my weight 130.4!!! I am officially in my Weight Watcher's target weight range. Yippee!! I think most of that loss was from not eating lunch and wearing light clothes, but I'm going to take it nonetheless.

I set my goal at 131, so it's very manageable. Hopefully in 6 weeks, I'll be a Lifetimer!!

Yay!

Angela
Old 03-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #78  
Closed

Angela - Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You give me hope Both you and Terry, inspirational, just simply inspirational.......see what hanging in there can do!!!!!
That is the lesson I NEED to learn.....I am so inspired by both of you and yet at the same time so ashamed of myself
Maybe the both of you just kick my butt into reality (again)

The extended smilies aren't working right now......so I am sending you cheers and dancing bananas, and BRAVO's.......
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda
Old 03-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #79  

Height: 5'7"

GREAT news, Angela!! Congratulations!!

I was all set to have a good night of eating right, but DH dropped his microbiology class today and wanted to go out. I think he's feeling a little down right now. We went to a mexican food place and I ate everything, telling myself to just go ahead -- Apr. 1 is right around the corner and I guess it'll be my "start over" date. Now I just gotta remember, is this the 450th or 451st time I've started over?? Oh well!!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:26 AM   #80  

Congratulations, Angela! As Linda mentioned, your perseverance and determination sets such a good example for the rest of us! What a terrific loss!

Vickie and Frannie, since Terry and Angela have paved the way, I hope you both have good losses to show for your hard work! Sending light thoughts for both of you!

Dismal, foggy morning this morning. The stormy weather didn't materialize last night, but I think we may get some today. Should be a semi-busy day at work today, preparing the end of the month/first of the month reports ... maybe the time will pass quickly.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Terry and Angela Weigh to go ! !

You are my inspiration too. I am going to take this one day at a time and really try hard today. I want this weight off. I typed the wrong thing earlier. I used 7 flex points yesterday, not activity I think that would have killed me!

Finishing my coffee, then going to exercise.

Lisa
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 AM   #82  

Oops, Lisa ... actually, you didn't type anything wrong yesterday ... I just read it wrong! But you did exercise several times yesterday so you probably earned a nice handful of AP's to offset those 7 Flex points, don't you think? And you're already exercising today ... way to go!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 AM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, Congratulations! I just knew you would do it. You are amazing, determined, and successful. What does that DH of yours have to say now. He thought you were hot about 10 pounds ago when you bought that new outfit! I'm sure you'll be fine for the next 6 weeks. Do you have to weigh in every week now? I never bothered to learn the drill since I'm so far away. I hope you'll stay with us. If you decide to go to the lifetimers board, I hope you at least stop in to see us and inspire us!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #84  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, sorry your DH is feeling blue. It was only one night of eating. You and he will be fine. Just start over today. It would have been horrible of you to say no to Mexican when he was obviously needing to have his favorite comfort food.

Still 2 pounds heavier on the scale this AM. Off to do my stuff this morning. Off to make applesauce.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #85  

Here's the rule on Lifetime. You pay and maintain (no more than +2 from your goal) for 6 visits (be they consecutive or not), then you're Lifetime. So since I WAS going every other week, I would have had to pay my $14 every other week for the next 12 weeks to get Lifetime. So I decided to go back to the "value" plan, and pay the lower fee for the next 6 weeks. What can I say? I'm an instant gratification kind of gal.

I definitely plan on staying on this board. I need to stay Core for the rest of my life, so this is the perfect place to be. Besides, the Lifetime/Maintainers board isn't very busy, and I like the constant chatter that's going on here. AND, I want to be around to celebrate with each of you as you get your Lifetimes!!

Angela
Old 03-31-2005, 10:21 AM   #86  
Athlete in Training

Angela,

Congratulations on getting to your goal! That has got to feel really good.

Are you doing anything special to reward yourself? Maybe a spa day or something?

It's so good to hear about someone making it all the way to the finish.

You go girl!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:30 AM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I'm REALLY glad to hear you're staying. Maybe you should think about becoming a Leader. You are pretty darn inspirational. Much more inspirational than alot of the Leaders I have had!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #88  

Thanks Terry and Vickie. I haven't really thought of doing anything special for hitting goal...I keep thinking 120 is my "real" goal. I did just start taking guitar lessons, which is something I've wanted for years. Can't eat when you're strummin'!

Vickie, I have thought of being a Leader. I think I'd have to wait a few years till all the kiddos are in school though. I wonder how well they get paid... Dh is always saying I need to start working again once the kids are in school. Maybe I'll investigate that.

Gotta go clean house now. Bleah.

Angela
Old 03-31-2005, 01:56 PM   #89  
Southside White Sox Fan

I know they get a flat rate per meeting and then a bonus for every person above the minimum. If you could get work in a Center you might be able to make some good money, especially if you were popular (and I know you would be!).

Last edited by Vickie; 03-31-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:49 PM   #90  
Athlete in Training

Default Moussaka?

Frouf,

Lebanese Moussaka? I love moussaka, but just had the Greek kind, and boy it isn't core. Do you have the recipe? I couldn't tell from your post whether you made it or bought it. Can you tell I'm hungry?

I hunted the internet and found this recipe (but it's European, so we'd have to convert the measures and use less oil.) Does it sound like it?

500 g baby or large eggplant
5 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 onions (about 250 g), peeled and sliced thinly
10-12 small cloves of garlic, peeled and slivered thickly
150 g chickpeas, soaked, rinsed, drained and precooked
1 1/2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses - optional (you'd have to use points)
500 g tomatoes, rinsed, peeled, seeded and quartered
1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
200 ml water
mint and feta to sprinkle over

Trim the stems of the baby eggplants. Peel to look like Edwardian circus tents, leaving lengthways stripes about 1 1/4 cm wide. If you're using large eggplants instead, cut them into 1 1/4 cm cubes. In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and saute the eggplants for a few minutes until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove to a side dish and reserve.

To the pan add the remaining oil, the onion and the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until pale in colour and soft, about 5 minutes, adding more oil if necessary. Add the cooked chickpeas and stir occasionally for 5 minutes, then add the pomegranate molasses.

Return the eggplants to the pan and add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, cinnamon, allspice and black pepper and add the water. Bring to the boil and quickly reduce the heat to moderately low. Cover and simmer for about an hour (they may be ready after 40 minutes or so if you're using a large flat pan or the cubed large eggplant).

Serve warm with plenty of chopped mint and crumbled feta, and couscous. It keeps in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Closed Thread