Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #196  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysforme
Anyway, i ahve been on core for a month and have lost 12 lbs so far I love it!! it has changed my whole way of eating, definaltely love the veggies, especially all the summer ones, I roast a big pan every sunday and eat them thru the week.
Welcome Julia! I am new too, so I have no idea what is going on either. But sounds like you are doing great with Core. I have just started.
Just wondering what you do with your veggies? You will have to post a recipe for those of us who aren't creative enough on our own.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #197  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, it sounds like you are as busy as you are when you are at work! At least you were doing fun things, like SHOPPING! I would love it if our grocery store would double/triple coupons. I am a huge coupon/sale shopper and LOVE to get bargains. I would have stood in line for 2 hours to get that kind of savings! Make sure your tummy is full at the game on Monday because it's the only way you stand a chance of not being tempted by all those great grilling smells. I know you must be very proud of yourself for getting out of that bar last night with only two sips of beer and a coke in your tummy! It's really impressive to leave after two sips because once I get a taste of my favorite......fill in the blank.....I'm lost! You'll get a lot of good lifestyle exercise for the next two days so you should be easily back under 150, right? Did the Gazelle help?

Frouf, considering the food you passed on, you did amazing at your work party. I'm very proud of you for doing the spontaneous walk. I bet it helped your metabolism and probably helped your stress level too! I hope your weekend ends up not being as bad as you fear. Maybe another walk for you!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #198  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, I went to Applebees for lunch yesterday (yeah I ate dinner AND lunch out!) and Jim and I tried the WW menu. Jim wanted the chicken tortilla appetizer so I ate a triangle of that. It was really good and I would get that again as my entree but man the portion was small to me! He had the Tango Chicken sandwhich and said it was real good but dry. He would have asked for more sauce but it would add points for us. He said I would have enjoyed salsa on it for more moisture. I ate the chicken fajita grill. It was ok but I think they skimped on the chicken. I've done my share of weighing and measuring and I think it could have had more chicken and veggies, especially for the money. I think it was Core except I don't know what kind of oil they used. I should have asked so I'll count some points for it. We shared a lemon, berry, cheesecake and it was incredible. I don't know what was in it that made it be 5 points but it was very, very good and very, very, small! I said it was the size of a golf ball and Jim says tennis ball. The truth is probably somewhere in between! I'm gonna try to figure out a way to make it Core or Core plus. It was very fluffy so it probably has Cool Whip in it. I'm thinking lemon pudding, cheesecake pudding, cool whip and maybe a little milk and vanilla. I'm not very creative so any suggestions you guys have would be welcomed. If I just use cool whip and no milk, the pudding will be grainy, right? Sad that the dessert impressed me the most. I'm not sure I'd go back. Oh yeah, and my Server said they are working on Core menu items. Next time I might try Ruby Tuesdays. Every menu item shows calories, fiber, fat, and carbohydrates. Even for the sides.

Can you tell that I like to eat out too! That's the restaurant review for today.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #199  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well a bright and sunny day here- finally.....so need to definitely get outdoors later.

Went to my weigh-in and happy to report a 2 lb loss which made me reach my 10% goal-and I got very special acknowledgement and a LOVELY SILVER keychain for my efforts. Yes all my keys have already been successfully transferred.

Had to mention one habit I had changed: mentioned all the food always "hanging" around my workplace, specifically right across from my desk, and that normally I would pop something in my mouth every time I walked by. Now I think carefully and do not eat mindlessly....and if I REALLY REALLY WANT ONE.....I encourage others to eat more (I'm so mean) and when there is ONLY ONE LEFT -I have it.....and no chance of eating too many that way! Leader was very encouraging and impressed!

Did my groceries and back home to hear dh complaining how ds told him she hates him-of course he says he will not drive her anywhere or do anything for her given her attitude...I reminded him that my 18 yr old ds also hated him at some point- and that this too should pass (altho it may take years!). She has gone out shopping w/some friends and is SUPPOSED to be back by 3 pm (I sure hope so cuz she has a dance class at 3:30!)

Vickie- sounds like you did good eating out. At least you have places that are WW friendly. Here in Canada this would be pretty rare- so you just have to figure things out yourself, or be very specific and careful when ordering. I understand one of the major italian chains here (East Side Mario's) now serves whole wheat pasta!!! which is quite a change (altho I could always have the roast chicken or salads there). Worth a try someday as I have been avoiding the place in recent months.

Not sure if we are going out for dinner tonight or not-guess I have to speak to dh to confirm this. Tomorrow looks like a dangerous eating day but I will try to stay in control. Going out w/my best gf for a birthday breakfast - she is also on WW so this should be good.....this breakfast place has amazing egg/crepes/fruit platters....but they also serve oatmeal. I'm sure we'll make good choices.

Then off to sil's place for mil's 75th birthday party in the pm- a bbq w/burgers and hot dogs. I will probably skip the bun and get a burger w/salad. I have been asked to bring a veggie or cheese platter (I choose veggie! ). I will definitely avoid the desserts- maybe I can also prepare a fresh fruit platter (and eat it all myself! ).

Will check in later- hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Frouf

P.S. and I did finally have a taste of my birthday cake today - had to cut up cake to get groceries in fridge - so I had a tiny slice- awfully sweet but yummy. Put a few slices away in tupperware and froze some as well! (out of sight,out of mind)
Old 04-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #200  

Froufie! Congratulations on getting your 10%!! Way to go!!

That's awesome news. I hope you get to go out tonight and enjoy yourself, and that dh will swallow his pride enough to give you an enjoyable evening.

I'm hanging around home today...making the Crock Chicken Fagiole for dinner. It's smelling good already.

I'm a little bummed, because of my stupid flat feet. I just can't do my DDR game anymore, because a few days ago, I started getting major knee pain. Since my feet are SO flat (even the podiatrist was impressed), they roll inward, and throw my whole legs out of whack. So I'm trying to find exercise I can do that isn't weight bearing. I'm an awful swimmer, and I live in Iowa (translate - cold a lot of the time) so swimming isn't really an option. I was thinking of biking. That'd work out my thighs and buns like I want, and probably not hurt my feet. Sigh. It's just so frustrating to be limited by my body (says the 29-year old with no problems). I guess everyone has to have something to whine about, right?

Well, better go feed the kids some lunch... First I have to drag them in from playing outside..never an easy task.

Later!
Angela
Old 04-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #201  

Height: 5'7"

Frouf, congratulations on that 10%!! Woohoo, you go, girl! I'm mostly impressed that you were able to stay on track and keep losing in spite of those issues, which ...

By the way, you are a much better woman than I am. I seriously would have either left or kicked him out. I just cannot deal with that kind of stress and someone who supposedly loves me wouldn't put me thru it on purpose. End of sermon.

Now ... we are doing yard work today, I went back to the store with more coupons but didn't do quite as well (only 50% savings, geez what's up with THAT?? ) and now I'm trying to figure out the rest of the weekend, which must be orchestrated carefully because there is SO much to do to get ready. If I slack off at all, I'll be too far behind and then Tuesday, furniture delivery day, will be a nightmare but DH will be at work and unable to help me.

I'll check in later, but hope everybody has a great Saturday!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #202  
Closed

CONGRATS Frouf, on your 10% that is awesome....Good for you!!!!!!
You are a strong woman!! An inspiration actually!! That keychain is a testimony to all your hard work.....don't lose sight of it....I hope your evening goes well for you
I was down .6 - and happy with that loss that's for sure...I'd rather be trending down instead of how I've been doing these last several months...ughhh. I feel good, confident and sure about it. I think I'm going to have a good Core weekend too.

Welcome Melissa.....as I told Julia, this really is the best support board out there. Come stay a while. There is always someone here to lend a helping hand.

Vickie, glad you enjoyed your day out with Jim...my DREAM is to be able to eat out EVERYnight ....Your life sounds so serene -worked hard for it that's for sure and loving ....surrounded by good friends and family. That's awesome.
Angela - Crock Chicken Fagiole... is that on the menu board....sounds dee-lish!! I hope your knee pain is better soon. That has to be painful.
Kat- you have a very full weekend going on there. New furniture, now that is a great thing!! I have to ask you this.....your part of Texas do you have those little P.I.T.A little lizard thingys.....yuk like we do here. I hate those pesky little freaking things. One BIG reason why I want to get the out of here....but that won't be happening anytime soon. Just was wondering how to keep them at bay.....Deborah, any up your way?? Some people think they are so cute.....YUK,YUk YUk is all I can say.
Deborah how are you doing?? Hope everyone else is ok. It's hot here in S.Fla but I am inside with the central A/C going. Don't like what the warm weather brings out here....anything that scampers, flies or crawls.......so what I am doing here you might ask....Got Me Frank likes it here...and to think this was MY idea.....that damned winter of '96....didn't get here till '98 though....well enough of that whinning....
Hope everyone has a great rest of your day...and weekend...I will be back later...need to. Keeps me grouded.....God Bless all of you.....you're the best..........Linda
Old 04-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #203  

Height: 5'7"

We're going out tonight ... downtown Fort Worth to Main Street Arts Festival. Should be a great time -- see you all tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #204  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Moving over to new board #14 - come join us there!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 04-09-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Closed Thread