Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Happy Easter everyone ! ! Going to be good at my moms today. Decided to allow myself one spoon of everything, and may skip the salty ham. Will not overindulge! Might make my own dessert of sf/ff pudding to take along. We're not eating until 1:30, so may not eat dinner.

Decided to put a fat picture of me on the refrigerator. Just a reminded of how I really look. When I see pictures, I don't think that is me. And now that my jeans are feeling comfy, I don't feel so fat. Need to lose a few more pounds so I can find some smaller "a little too tight" jeans. Might give me more motivation. :

Vickie and Cher - congrats on the losses ! !

Linda - lets start monday and try to have a totally core day. If we get through that, lets go for Tuesday.... and so on. We'll take it one day at a time. Also, gotta get more crystal light to go packs. They help me with my water and I have been out for a couple of days hence not enough water intake. I will make it to WI this week, and I don't want a gain so water here I come. Come on. We'll do this together.

Froufie- are you back? I hope you had an AWESOME time

Lisa
Old 03-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Easter to everyone! What a great day for renewal!

DH and I got up late because we were out late. Today is my first day off in several weeks, so I'm catching up on long overdue housework. Anyway, we were going to IHOP for breakfast but the wait was 40 minutes, so we went to Chilis instead. I was really good except for DH got some chips and salsa so I had to have a few. Other than that, I had grilled chicken, broccoli and a cup of black beans. And water!

Tomorrow I am determined to make another go of it all and stop whining. I have done really well in the last week or so but it's just been a maintenance time, no more loss. We are having a party on Memorial Day so that's my new goal date for the last 10 pounds. Water here I come will be my new slogan too, Lisa! We can do it!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 AM   #18  

Good morning everyone

Well, today starts a new day. Ate more than I should have yesterday and have discovered that chocolate is definitely a trigger food. One pnut butter cup leads to at least 3 more etc., so I must try to avoid it at all costs. Will make some sf/ff choc. pudding to help that craving.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! Rained here. Raining again today. Ground is so saturated poor dog has no place to walk, but in a puddle. oh...............this dog drives me crazy Every time you turn around she has stolen something else. Usually it's action figures, but sometimes its socks or shoes. Hold on. She has jaws like a steel trap and the only way to get her to drop something is to bribe her with food. I think at this point she steals things so she can get something good to eat. Gotta figure out a better way. Tried to just hold her until she drops whatever she has, but that could take a half hour or more. Must be the terrier in her.

Kathy - lets both go for 10 lbs. by Memorial day. If I can do that, then I will only have 10 more to go. Really going to try to up the water and exercise I want this weight off:

Getting more coffee. I'll check back later.

Lisa
Old 03-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sunny and beautiful here in the southern suburbs of Chicago! Going out for an all day excursion today with Hubby and Sister and BIL. Going to look at flooring, counter tops, sinks, faucets, etc. Having lunch and dinner out! Yikes, after eating too much food yesterday scale is up this morning. I realized that I have a bizarre trigger. When I am on plan and am good during holidays out, I feel a bit deprived and sorry for myself. I eat more than I should of the good stuff (not all veggies!). I did eat ham yesterday so maybe that is some of the weight this morning. It wasn't the salt because my Sister got rid of it all. She was laughing because I kept saying "where's the salt?". Everyone knows I'm a salt addict!

So I must be on the treadmill by 8:00 so I can get breakfast in and get ready. Won't be back until much later tonight.

Good luck Kathy and Lisa on your 10 pounds goal. I, too, want to lose 10 pounds by the May 19th weigh in. That would give me 40 pounds down by my 49th birthday on the 22nd. It is definitely doable.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #20  

Morning everyone! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. It had better be, because I dressed everyone in short sleeves this morning! The girls are playing Easter egg hunt this morning, with the empty plastic eggs. Nothing like the thrill of the hunt.

I am really hoping that by my weigh-in Wednesday afternoon, I will have hit 131. If so, I will be in my WW target range and can start working on my lifetime!!! I didn't do so well this weekend, but I know I can do it the next 3 days. TOM started today though, so we'll see. Water, water, water, must drink water!! I'm back to doing my Pilates and DDR every day, so that should help.

I found out that I can still work down to my personal goal while working on my lifetime, so that's my plan. Free meetings are quite an incentive for me.

Well, gotta go make dd's lunch - she's back to school today after Spring Break.

Angela
Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #21  

I had to get up a few times to go to the bathroom during the night and I had left little DD's Easter basket on the bathroom counter so she'd be sure to see it. Of course I had to sneak a little Hershey's kiss or two each time. Evidently that was a bad idea according to this morning's weight of 152! Where did that come from? I was mighty disappointed but it didn't keep me from getting a coke on the way to work.

So I've eaten my boiled egg and will have a banana in an hour or so. I'll divide lunch into salad at 11:00 and pita at 2:30-3:00 so I won't be starving when I get home. I'll be all alone tonight, DH at class and both DDs at work, so I'm just having some soup. I'm hoping that a day of heavy water consumption, eating within my calorie range, only having ONE coke and NO beer will help me out in the morning. I'm not even logging this weight -- will pretend it didn't happen and move this week's weigh-in until tomorrow morning.

Oh and I ate some WW spaghetti the other night -- I was incredibly impressed at how great it was! I used the Hodgson's Mills brand, and added diced tomatoes, a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese, fresh minced garlic and olive oil. We had it with a roasted chicken and it was just so good! I'm making more tonight for DH but will add the leftover roasted chicken just before he eats it. I'm thinking it would also be great with shrimp.

Last edited by Katpo; 03-28-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 AM   #22  

Kathy, I like whole wheat angel hair pasta even better than the spaghetti. It's a little harder to find, but worth it I think, especially if you like angel hair type stuff anyway.

Weren't you the one who said they'd NEVER eat whole wheat pasta?

Angela
Old 03-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #23  

That would be correct -- I was the very last holdout!! I'll have to get some of the angel hair pasta and might even try some bowties too! They had quite a selection at my store.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:22 AM   #24  

Okay, DS has a Dr. appt. in one hour and I have been fighting with him for the last 45 min. to wash his hair. He hates to have his hair washed and it's probably been 8 or 9 days since he last washed it. Thank goodness it's pretty short. He bawls and screams like he's being murdered. DD is trying now. Looks like I won't even get my shower before we go. Anyway, while he was sitting in the tub screaming, I found myself searching through their Easter baskets. I said NO! Go online. Don't eat. So, here I am, listening to DS and DD argue about washing his hair, drinking my 2nd bottle of water for today. Wait until DS finds out he needs two shots today, for his 5 yr. check up. Last one he had was in October when he got his flu shot; moved his leg, nurse scratched his leg with the needle, screamed and bawled.........this should be fun. Hopefully he won't need any when he's six. I think I'm full on water now, so I guess I had better see if he's done. Doesn't sound like DD has accomplished anything. He won't even let me wash his hair in the kitchen sink..................ugh!

lisa
Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #25  
Athlete in Training

Hi all --

Lisa, congrats on choosing the Internet over the Easter basket. It's something to feel really good about, given the stressful time you're having.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

I talked my DH into taking a walk in the woods with me this weekend. It was so nice. Still chilly, so there weren't many people there. We let our dogs run, so they had a ball sniffing everything and chasing each other around.

I also talked a couple of my friends from work into going on walks with me at lunchtime a few times a week. Wednesday we're going to head out to the forest preserves, weather-permitting. (We'll see how it goes.)

I didn't get to my basement project at all this weekend, but had a good time hanging with my DH. We've both been really busy lately, so it was nice to reconnect.

I'm psyched to have a total core week!!! I'm planning to be half the woman I am now. Woohoo!

Peace!

Terry
Old 03-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #26  

I'm glad to "see" everyone ... and such positive posts! It sounds like everything is going well for everyone. Lisa, I'm sorry you're having a stressful morning but look how strong you are, to resist the Easter basket goodies and post on-line instead! Hopefully, DS's appointment won't go too badly. My DD always had a shot phobia too ... her last shot was some kind of air-powered thing, without a needle, and it was over and done with almost without her knowledge! Maybe that's an option for your son, if the doctor's office can do it?

Angela, thanks again for all the CIW posts last week. I feel 100% certain you're going to make it to WW's goal for you this week ... jelly beans notwithstanding!

Frannie, congratulations to you on your loss at WI and to your DS and the boys on winning the hockey championship! I know you are ... and should be ... proud on both counts!

Terry, I'm glad you and DH had an opportunity to spend a nice weekend together. And look at you ... orchestrating lunch walks with your co-workers! What a great way to get some exercise in!

Vickie, enjoy your activities today! I'm sorry the scales were up this morning but the ham probably did contribute to some fluid retention. Even without added salt, I'm sure ham is saltier than the meats you normally eat. And even if you ate a few too many Core foods, think how preferable that is to chowing down on a ton of non-Core goodies. You're doing great!

Kathy, I'm glad you finally got a day off from work and had a good day with DH. It sounds like you've got a good plan of action in place for your eating ... you can do it!

Linda, hope you feel completely rejuvenated after your birthday weekend getaway!

Kierie, I hope you are feeling better today! I hope things at work will improve and not be so stressful for you.

Marie, good for you in jumping right back on track! And you're right in being very proud of those 11 pounds! I feel sure your losses are going to keep adding up!

I guess Froufie had such a good time in Jamaica she must have decided not to come back to the snow and cold!

Here's to a good Monday for all of us!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:36 PM   #27  
Closed

Well here I am back from a georgous weekend .....the weather was great, the sun was hot and the water was warm and a beautiful blue....doesn't get much better than that.
Just delightful.......we wound up in Lauderdale By the Sea.....ahhh...just so darn pretty.
So many post to catch on!!
Congrats to all of you who did well......and for those like me......I say "Do-Over!!!!!!"
Kathy I like what you said about this being time for renewal.
I was however very, very good Friday night and Saturday.....Saturday night and Sunday....ehhhh!!!!! Kathy and LIsa.........MY Goal is also to lose this ~!##!@#~!~@ 10lbs by Memorial Day....so count me in.....and Let's Do It!!! We can you know!!!
Well maybe even 8 would be good...
Terry way to go on the TOTALLY Core week.....whooohooo!! And good going on the Walk with you DD and the coworkers....great NSV's!!! to you!!
I can't wait to say that Again!!!
Angela, you will do just great....and good thinking on getting to lifetime then getting to 'your' personal goal. I was more thickheaded...I picked the Low end of my range instead of for instance the middle....and kept paying till I reached....You're smart.....and good luck, you will Do it!!!
Deborah - how are 'you' doing??? Hanging in there???You didn't say. Just kind words for the rest of us, AS Always
Vickie, I'm thinking of getting a treadmill...any advise?? I saw a manual one, but hmmmm, I'm not sure about that, is yours manual?? ....I was thinking of just doing my Leslie Sansone WATP 3 mile tape...it's 45 minutes and that just might kill me I do need to get some more movement in, that is for sure AND Way to Go on the 2.6
Lisa - GREAT NSV with the NOT touching the Easter basket candy....
Marie....11 lbs!!! fantastic!!!! It's is a good feeling.....and getting right back on track....unlike me
Kierie- I too hope you are feeling better......hang in there!! Let us know how you are doing....
Frou-if you're back and catching up, hope you had a great time.
Back to work sucked!! It was like I was never not off......same stress just waiting for my arrival today.........

Well here's to an ever better Tuesday!!!!! Talk with you all later.......Linda
Old 03-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #28  
Closed

Default May have asked before but.............

does anyone with the Complete Food Companion Book know the differnence between the Progresso Soups listed on page 316-17 and 319-20??
All I really want to know is........is Progresso Split Pea and Ham Core??? According to Page 317 it IS....but it is not listed in the 319-20 lists????
Any one?? Angela?? Vickie???
Thanks..........
Old 03-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #29  

Linda, my mom had a manual treadmill and hated it. It was so hard to walk on and she couldn't keep a steady pace. I have a motorized one and was walking on it pretty regular, but have been doing the Leslie Sansone tapes for the last couple of weeks. I have two of the 2 mile tapes. One with weighted balls. It's more variety for me instead of just walking and staring at the wall. I do have a 3 mile tape probably the one that you have. Only did it once or twice because it was so long. Should we make a pact and try to do the 3 mile 3times a week? It might kill me too, but it might shed some pounds also. Maybe we could do it for one week and see what happens.
What do you think?? Oh, you know what? I think I lent it to a friend because I was doing the 2 mile. If you want to do it, I'll see if I can get it back from her.

Lisa
Old 03-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #30  
Closed

Lisa...I was on while you were/are on.....so yeah....let's do it.....I also have the 2 mile tape.....I have to do something to jump start this effort....even if it kills me
So let's do the 2 mile....probably better off starting with that first Don't want to over exhert myself
So when do you want to start?? The hard part for me will be to decide the best time....in the early AM or after work....hhmmm.
Maybe knowing I am not doing this walk 'alone' will help....
We can start Wednesday if you'd like...have to gear myself up
I also went on the Menu board, and notice you and the rest don't really eat that much....gives me food for thought??? Are you all satisfied with the little that is being eaten?? At work it is soooo hard to sometimes even get lunch in, and that is where I mess up....so when I get home I am famished!!! and grab anything that looks tastey usually something quick and sweet...and my lunch!!!!!
Ohhhhhh AND Vickie I wanted to tell you that I finally tried the frozen fruit smoothie with FF milk.... I bought a bag of frozen strawberries, blackberries. red raspberries and blueberrie, mixed with some ice cubes, milk and splenda......actually it was quite deeelish!! So this may be a good "sweet' thing for me....Thanks Vickie
Lisa, let me know too. I will back tomorrow....
Anyone know about the Progresso Split Pea and Ham???
Hope again, that everyone is or has done well today.....see you all later...Linda
Closed Thread