Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Linda, sometimes I get a little hungry. I tell myself that I've been full and I've been hungry, and actually hungry feels better than full. At least with hungry I know I haven't overdone it (like in the past).

I've started taking two lunches to work and eating one late morning, the other early afternoon. It seems to help me not be quite so ravenous when I walk in the door and head straight for the cookie jar! OR ... I will fill up my bottle of water and drink it all the way home, then start right in on the housework the second I get home.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #32  

Linda,
Sometimes I don't write down everything I eat. If I'm extra hungry, I'll have another piece of fruit or a graham cracker or something worse. Boy, I'm all about confessions today, aren't I?

I don't know about the Progresso soup. I've actually never had Progresso soup. I bet it's close enough to Core though.

Angela
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #33  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi guys I havent fallen off the face of the earth tho i feel like i fell into a vat of sugar
I've not been on a full on bender but I've been giving in abit too much and not counting points UGH I need froufs rolling pin!
I think I also need a bit more core and a bit less flex I made this stuff tonight thinking it would be nice and core and it is but unfortuneately it's also colon cleanser
So I'm goign to go back to ham sandwichs with my high fiber bread pop some seltzer in the fridge and shelve the granola bars
I'm putting the core back in FLORE!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Guys! I left at 11:00 this morning and just got home about an hour ago! Had a great day and all Core with two meals out. Carried my salad dressing and Smart balance and water in a cooler in our trunk. I'm nuts.

Good to see everyone back. I saw Frouf posted her menu but must not have had time to get back over here. Probably having jet lag!

Linda, my treadmill is motorized and it is a Horizon. Jim and I are VERY happy with this brand and would buy another one if and when this one dies. It cost us about $900 but it has a lot of bells and whistles. It lets us raise and lower the incline while we are walking on it which is a VERY nice feature. It has a heart rate monitor which I use to be sure that I remain in my target rate. Too bad it doesn't take much! It shows distance walked, calories burned, and time walked. I would recommend the brand. I would never buy a manual one.

I'm going to go look at my Core Companion now to see if I can answer Linda's question on the Progresso soup.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #35  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Back From Paradise - And Wishing I Was Still There!!!

HI, HI HI...Got back yesterday and finally got a chance to catch up on my emails and computer friends - I missed you all so much and happy to see you have all been keeping busy as usual!

Congrats to all the losers! ...and I am happy to reclaim the rolling pin with special thanks to Kathy - looks like she did a great job keeping everyone in line! ha ha ha

I had FABULOUS TIME - Negril Jamaica is gorgeous, the weather was amazing - too hot in fact. Over 90 degrees most days with very high humidity. On some days there would be these scary looking clouds coming in (which was great cuz it blocked out some of that very hot scorching sun), but then they would just blow away again....and that was that!

The property (Riu Negril) was fabulous - quite new, very well designed. We were in bldg 1 (2 doors down from my gf and her family), which was the closest bldg to the main public areas, pools, restaurants, lobby, etc. Two wonderful pools - the "waterfall" pool (where I swam around and did water aerobics at noon every day w/Hot Dog - yes the animation staff all had silly names)..and the swimup bar pool w/integrated hot tub area - which was a much busier pool and where I learned to enjoy those AMAZING mango daiquiris.

Loved lounging by the pool, but also enjoyed the beach - long walks, very calm - barely any wave action (except one afternoon when it was slightly windy), so more like a lake - with a soft sand bottom, and clear turquoise green water where you could look down and see your feet!....so lovely. Also did ocean aerobics at 10 am if I was up and about!

Food was GREAT - too good I"m afraid as I must have REALLY ENJOYED myself. Remember those 6 lbs I lost before I left for Jamaica? Well I found them - they were waiting for me at the buffet, and swim up bar, and steakhouse and gourmet restaurant (where we ate 2 nights in a row - absolutely a 5 star dining experience). Yes I overindulged....I found I was eating more out of habit and convenience rather than hunger!..which I know is a bad thing. I did want to try the "drink of the day" on a regular basis, and I did sample the desserts. Breakfast was pretty good tho as I either had smoked salmon w/cream cheese (I'm sure not lf) and veggies or cooked hot oatmeal w/fresh fruit for "dessert". I did try some of the desserts which were pretty fattening I'm sure - but the server said I had to try the pineapple and apple fritters (they were awesome) and another night the deep fried ice cream (I did not like it so only ate 2 bites ).....but the stewed fruit dish was really good (sliced fresh fruits in a GIANT frying pan, with rum, brandy, orange juice and sugar which was cooked til fruit soft and syrup was caramelized - so delish - esp over rum and raisin ice cream).

Okay I'm sorry to focus on the food so much - but the bottom line is it would be possible to stay somewhat core - as there were always core options, the problem would be the amount of fat - esp since most meals are buffet style so you can't really control how they are cooked. My work is now cut out for me as I try to get back to more controlled core eating - AND I AM LOOKING FOR SUPREME SUPPORT from my friends here as I again kick the non-core bad eating habits.

Kids had a blast as well -18 yr old went kayaking, jetskiing, swimming....and took the little one pedal boating (he was begging every day). Did a tour with major sights and shopping as well...spent a lot of $$ and brought back some yummy jamaican rum creme (think Bailey's). Entertainment every night at the hotel with steel bands, reggae night, audience participation games, dancing, etc. Was hard to stay up late tho (shows ended around 11 pm)...as I was up fairly early with the little guy for breakfast the next day (while the teenager did not emerge till after 12 noon!).

Have some nice "color" and a lovely bronze glow - sunburned my arms a couple days ago (think I forgot to put sunblock on them??)...and heat rash as well (just from the hotness and humidity) ....oh ya and 3 humongous mosquito bites on my right leg (had it out one night cuz I was warm and the lone mosquite in my room had a feast - he's gone to a better place now! )

Trip back was quite eventful with my gf's 12 yr old getting sick on the bus to the airport!!!!! My little guy was also complaining of a tummy ache - gave him some gravol and he seemed okay, but shortly after takeoff he also started throwing up - about 4 times - boy was I lucky I had that ziplock bag handy! Poor thing - he would sleep for a bit, then wake up suddenly and throw up. I was quite frazzled - 4 hour trip seemed much longer as I was so tense watching him. I dared run to the washroom a couple of times to wash my hands, pee and get more airsickness bags. Was VERY happy when I landed (he was throwing up as we hit the ground!!!). Much better today so I guess it was probably something he ate - no one else sick thank god. I have had a headache all day, finally figured out it was CAFFEINE WITHDRAWAL! I am usually decaffeinated, but no such animal in jamaica - enjoyed the coffee all week and now paying for it. Dh gave me a diet pepsi a while ago (with caffeine of course) and now I am feeling a bit better!

Had mounds of laundry to do today - still not done and had to wash everything even if not worn to get rid of the jamaica beach smell! ha ha ha Also had to get groceries as poor dh and dd were living on tv dinners and pizza and chocolate it seems - he was very happy to see me come home as he was quite helpless it seems (altho he insists if I were to be gone longer he would have gone shopping and actually cooked!). Sounds like the 2 of them got along okay while I was gone with lots of compromise on both parts.

I am only kinda glad to be home - as we were so sad to leave jamaica - it's so nice to be spoiled and pampered! Back to reality and so far I feel like having a meltdown as I am overwhelmed with the regular household stuff, and slightly depressed about the weight gain.

I am NOT looking forward to work tomorrow as I will need to wade thru voicemails and emails and hopefully my colleagues have not booby trapped my cubicle (as they have been known to do when someone travels).

Will try to catch up and read the posts I have missed!

Suntanned Froufie

P.S. Decided to change my ticker as I can't BEAR seeing those numbers which are not even close to reality right now!

Last edited by Froufy; 03-28-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok Linda, here's my take on the Progresso soups. WW is nuts. I don't know why they are listed in both places. On page 320 the listed the Split Pea as "Green Split Pea" under the "G's". You must have just looked under "S" which is how they have it listed on 317 as "Split Pea with Ham"! I don't eat the Progresso brand of Split Pea Soup. I can tell you that I called WW Headquarters because I LOVE the Healthy Choice brand of Split Pea Soup and it isn't listed at all in the Core Companion. I wanted to make sure it was considered Core and I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to count the potatoes as my potato serving for the day. I was told that all Split Pea even with ham and potatoes is Core and that I did NOT have to count the potatoes as my serving for the day. I'm sure the answer is the same for the Progresso whatever they call it!

I also looked in the Core Corrections that were issued and Split pea is Core no matter what. Thanks for asking the question because in my research I see that Chunky Bean with Ham soup was added as Core. I think I would like this alot. I was down to only liking two kinds of soup. The Healthy Choice Split Pea and the Progresso Lentil. Now, maybe I'll have another kind to add.

BTW, Linda, I eat the whole can of soup. I also eat very generous portions of food at dinner and at lunch. My breakfast oatmeal and Farina are just one serving. I think we might be eating more than you can tell from our menus. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-29-2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

WELCOME HOME, dear Frouf!!! I loved your account of the trip! Poor little DS, I hope he's better now.

You go drink a gallon of water and see if you can get rid of the ick. However it goes though, you know you can always get rid of it very soon!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, Welcome home girlfriend! You were missed. I'm so glad to hear that you got some much deserved R & R. Don't worry about tomorrow. You'll get caught up with work and the laundry and everything else. You will also get the weight back off too. Not to fret..... Just throw youself back on the wagon and we'll all help as much as we can.

Glad to hear that there were no problems at home while you were gone. Even sounds like DH missed you some too!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:00 AM   #39  
Closed

Welcome Home Frou!!!! Your trip sounded WONDERFUL!!!! Don't ya just love the warmth of the sun.
We of course will be here for you to get you back on track like you have done for us soooo many times.....

Vickie....thank you about the soup....I thought I was nuts there for a moment about seeing it two different places. I did buy the updated version of the Guide. I feel confident that I can eat this soup now, since I bought it but never ate it yet. Should haved asked the leader, but I find sometimes they just (well some of them) don't know the answers!!!
Thanks for also explaining more about the Menu posts, cause I was thinking .....wow......... my friends hardly eat anything! and then there was me, with two small B, midmorning lunch type food, afer work something or other, Dinner and a 'treat'
I take all kinds of things, because by time I get to work I don't know what I want and this way I have several choices....Like I told you all so many times, I bore easily :-)
And Kathy I too have had that I'm hungry, I'm stuffed feeling and I AGREE I, I like the hungry feeling better....YOU just reminded me of that....THANKS...
This is what is so great about this board!!!
Gotta get ready for work.....ughhhhh. I know how you feel Frou....I was only away two days but it felt like I was never gone from work.....have a good one...Talk to you all later...............Linda

Last edited by L.J; 03-29-2005 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #40  
Closed

Lisa.....I am going to do the 1 mile tape when I get in today.....just for the movement today. God I hope I have the umpf to do even that....BUT I will!!! This way I can report to you that I did.....that will keep me in check...
Talk to you later..............Linda
Old 03-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

So what's up with this? I walked my legs off yesterday and ate all Core and my scale is up at least 2 pounds this morning! I did my 35 minute treadmill at the usual 2.7 and then walked through home decor/building stores for about 2 1/2 hours. Harumpf!

Can't walk on the treadmill this morning. I have to go shower and get dressed for the wonderful Pella door people to come today. Can you believe we are still messing around with the damned patio door! Today is supposed to be the last of the corrections/service but you never know with these people. I will NOT use them to replace the windows in my house. We have been messing around with them since October. My stomach has been upset since last night. Don't know if it's food I ate or nerves about today. Head hurts too. Can the scale go up when you get a little virus? I'm very discouraged about this.

Talk to you all later.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #42  

Vickie, I'm sorry you are stressing out and not feeling well to boot! I hope you are spared that stomach virus thing that is obviously sweeping the country. Let's blame Angela since she had it first! Hopefully, the patio door folks will show up as promised and do what they have to do and get out of your hair so that you can take it easy! Don't fret too much about the scales right now ... remember those inexplicable daily fluctuations, drink lots of water, and keep on doing what you're doing.

Linda, I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday ... enjoy that split pea soup and I hope you and Lisa enjoy your WATP workouts today. I might join y'all once or twice a week and dig out my WATP for Abs tapes. I find it less irritating than the other ones ... no offense intended for all the many Leslie Sansone fans out there!

Kathy, I'm so glad you are feeling good and enjoying every day as it comes. I need to borrow a page from your book and be thankful for all the wonderful things I do have in my life. My DH deserves a medal for putting up with me these past few weeks ... maybe I'll make it worth his while!

Froufie, welcome back! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip ... isn't it great that your spur of the moment choice turned out to be absolutely perfect? I'm sure the extra pounds are a combination of factors ... certainly not just your eating ... so getting back on track will probably make them vanish quickly. Sorry about the caffeine withdrawal! That is a killer headache! Don't try to do too much, like the competent Froufie you are! Laundry will wait and don't let them bury you at work!

Angela, are you enjoying having your dryer back in working order? It sounds as though your weather is more spring-like these days so I guess you can hang the laundry on the line, if you wanted to! Good for you on all that exercise yesterday ... I know everyone enjoyed the Frisbee activities!

Well, need to go work on my resume ... ha! Making myself marketable at 46 is certainly something I never thought I'd have to do! My eating was pretty good yesterday and I'm off to a good start today. Thanks to all the good examples here!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:06 AM   #43  

Morning everyone! Hey, I'm pretty sure viruses can't be transmitted via the Internet - well, at least the kind that infect humans! But if you do have it Vickie, I'm sorry. Rest up today, try not to stress about the Pella people, and yes, if you're sick, it can definitely affect the scale.

Froufie, I'm so glad you had a nice time! I'm such a pigmentally-challenged person, I don't know if I'd like going someplace so sunny. I'd probably end up with skin cancer by the end of the week.

I've got a busy day ahead of me - volunteering at the school, grocery shopping, guitar lesson, etc. I am determined to stick to my menu. I WILL do my best.

Later!
Angela
Old 03-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Pella people are gone. So far so good after a 2 hour visit. Now Jim and I are off to run errands. I heard Super Kmart is carrying Hodgson Mills WW pasta so that will be one of our stops. I'm tired of only having bowties and rotini as choices. I looked at their website but it looks expensive to order.

Still not feeling great but will push through it for now!

Deborah, I would hate to be in your shoes. Have they at least hired folks to help you all with your resumes?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hey everyone!

Welcome back Froufie! Sounds like you had an awesome time. One of these years I going to save my tax refund for a warm getaway. I've already spent next years, on this years Disney trip in November.

Vickie - hope you feel better. Seems like we've all added some weight since last week. My scale is up at least 1 lb., and I must WI tomorrow because I didn't go last week. Water water!

Deborah - I feel for you. I haven't worked since DS was born 5 yrs. ago, and when he gets to first grade in 2006 I plan to go back to work., and then I'll be 43 almost 44......so I'll soon be in your boat.

Angela - maybe your busy day will keep your mind off of food?

Kathy - way to go with the positive attitude and putting things in perspective for us. We all have our little gripes, but there is always someone worse off than us. We should be thankful for the things we have, and some day we'll all be skinny and thankful.

Linda - You're it! Already did my WATP. Had to do the 2 mile, cuz my mom has my 1mile tape. I should stop lending people my exercise videos.

Okay, got in 3 cups of coffee, 4 bottles of water so far this morning and it's only 10:30. Must get my shower and run some errands. Need more CORE food. Mainly fruits, veges, and some chicken strips to grill for my salad.

Lisa
Closed Thread