Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Easy quiche that I make weekly, but put it in muffin tins to be more portable:

6 eggs, 1/2 cup FF cheese, and then a great assortment of other things -- different every time -- just mix and match whatever you like

1/2 package of frozen spinach (use whole package with 10-12 eggs)
small can of mushrooms
small can of sliced black olives
small can of diced green chiles
chopped onion
chopped red or green bell pepper
chopped jalapenos

I've used all of the above in various combinations and haven't been disappointed yet, but I must say that since I discovered the green chiles I haven't made any more with spinach. Next batch will use a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes very well drained. I'm sure you can put the mixture into a pie pan too, but the muffin pan makes them portable and I freeze them two to a package. When I make my lunch at night, I take a package out and put them in the fridge. By next morning they are ready. My kids will even eat them.

It's a beautiful sunny day here, the high should be in the mid to upper 70s. I feel horrible but it's probably because of the long working days, then going home to even MORE work. It's getting tedious.

Better get to it.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you didn't say how long to bake and at what temperature. I might like these!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #63  

Oops ... well I bake everything at 350º and just keep an eye on them. I'd say it's around 20 minutes. Can you tell I don't have a recipe?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #64  

Oops again -- here's a few more ingredients that I forgot about.

Diced Canadian bacon
Crushed red pepper (I save the packets when the kids order pizza)
Old 03-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #65  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Oh Woe Is Me......pain, Pain, Pain...

Well I knew I had a "problem" w/sugar and bad carbs - but didn't realize how sensitive I really was. I am now "detoxing" and in mucho pain...massive headache and nausea - so I am home from work today.

Thought it was just caffeine withdrawal - but then remember the good old Atkins days - Induction - when you stop eating sugar and bad carbs.....the result is usually a 2-3 day headache - then usually on day 4 you wake up feeling marvellous. I guess I really messed up my body with all those non-core sugary/white flour items I ate while on holiday. Now that I am giving them up I am like a drug addict or alcoholic on withdrawal and certainly feeling it.

Last night after work I felt horrible - like I was going to puke - with a big vise squeezing my temples - was hungry but smell of food made me nauseous - managed to eat 2 slices of pineapple, a scoop of cottage cheese and 2 advil - so by bedtime I was almost back to normal.

This morning woke up with the headache again - had some cereal/milk and advil and feeling a bit better!....Now I KNOW WHY I DON'T EAT SUGAR ON A REGULAR BASIS - it's too hard to get it out of my system and certainly not worth it - I know in the end I will be better off - it's just the waiting that is killing me!

Thanks also for the water reminder- need to find a clean water bottle and keep it with me today - I am supposed to be resting as dh reminded me, but could not help cleaning out a kitchen cupboard, doing some laundry, and loading and running the dishwasher and washing some pots in the sink!

Kathy - I feel so bad for you - such long and unusual working hours - hope you have a nice break/rest planned soon?

Vickie - I too sometimes wonder about the size of my portions - they can get out of hand if we don't watch it! But the beauty of Core is being able to eat that little bit more should you need it!

Thanks for the great article as well - as a chronic scale hopper it does help to put things in perspective - esp when the numbers are not "cooperating".

So watch out for those flying pigs! (scale down a bit more today - but I'm sure it's cuz I barely ate any dinner last night). Not feeling great so will probably eat lightly whenever I'm hungry and whatever sounds good at the moment. I did take out a "beef shank" from the freezer and might attempt to make some of that famous Froufie soup if I am so inclined!

Later,

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 03-30-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #66  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh, poor sick Froufie! Yeah, that detox won't kill ya but you sure wish you could die sometimes don't you? I haven't been on the scale yet this afternoon. I've gotten 6 glasses of water down so far. It's so hard to plan because I have to do errands after lunch today. I don't mind running to the bathroom at home, but those darned public bathrooms are disgusting. I have such a sensitive nose. Jim is always laughing at me because I can tell by smelling the milk when it is starting to go bad! He's sad that I can't put it to some use that could make us rich!

I did my treadmill and I've got lunch and dinner planned, which is a major accomplishment. I don't really feel like cooking, but I will because it is good for me and my plan.

I cannot believe tomorrow is weigh in already. Where do the weeks go.

Hang in there, Kathy. You do sound like you are starting to fade a bit. Will the work schedule lighten soon?
Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Back from WI........................up a lb. But I'll take it. I was pretty bad last week and I was really expecting the scale to go up more. Have so far today written down all my food and my WPA's(already 7). Guess I better eat CORE the rest of the day.
and no more EAster chocolate. ( I did make the choc. sf/ff pudding for later)

Taking DS and his friend to preschool, then it's off to walk the dog. Almost 60 today and sunny. Hopefully that will help with the weight loss for me and the dog. I think she's gained 5 lbs. in the last year. She's up to 17 now. Jack Russell/Cairn Terrier mix, so she could lose a couple.

BBL
Lisa
Old 03-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

I actually DID take the dog for a walk. Sometimes I have good intentions, then talk myself out of doing things.....like I really should iron and clean the house.........but I decided to walk the dog first and I would still have time to red up the house and vacuum before I have to pick up DS. Our walk lasted 20 min. and that includes stopping 5 times for Shadow to pee on everything. Didn't know females also liked to mark their territory; maybe it's just my special dog. It's kind of hilly here and she's out of breath now and taking a nap on my pillow.

Vickie - for the exercise and the meal planning. I think spring is lighting a fire under all of us. I saw on T.V. once where people actually got paid to sniff others' armpits. It was for deoderant testing or something.

Kathy - hope you get a break soon. You sure deserve it!

Frouf - I too was sick when I started Atkins. Thought I had morning sickness......a little scary! Was sick the first 14 weeks with DS and did not want to go through that again. Hopefully tomorrow you'll feel better.

Okay, time to clean before I pick up DS. Then I have 45 min. to fix my DD dinner before I have to pick up her friend and take them to dance. Thank goodness friends dad will bring them home at 8:00 and I don't have to run again.

BBL
Lisa
Old 03-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #69  
Athlete in Training

Default Come party with the Poodle!

Hi everyone!

Hope your Wednesdays are winding down nicely. I am deliriously happy. If you all were nearby, I'd suggest we go out for lattes.

First, my WI last night (where I was hoping for 2 lbs) was a whopping 7. :

Then I got to talk to the group about core and how much I love it -- 5 people stayed after so our leader could go over the core plan with them.

And today I started walking at lunch for 30 minutes on a trail in nearby forest preserves and went a little over a mile. For a couch potato, this is a big deal.

I'm almost halfway to my 10% goal. All in all - a happy camper.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support (and yummy recipes). I'm so glad I've found this board.

With many smiles!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Terry, Good Lord, you are an inspiration to all of us! I need to go look at your menus for some ideas. Congratulations and for sure keep up the good work. I thought 2 pounds was great for my second week. I'm VERY happy for you. Take whatever your body is willing to let go of and celebrate!

My darned scale is still holding on to those 2 extra pounds. More water please!

Gotta go make applesauce and dinner.

Gotta be ready for Idol tonight. I'm afraid my little guy Anthony is gonna get booted off tonight.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #71  

Great job Terry! That's awesome that you got some other people on the Core bandwagon too. The more, the merrier!

Congrats again on a wonderful weigh-in.

Angela
Old 03-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #72  

What a great weigh-in! Woohoo, you go girl!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:12 PM   #73  
Closed

Terry-----whooo hooooo 7 whopping big ones....You Rock!!!! that about says it all!!

Congrats

Linda
Old 03-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #74  

Hi everyone:

Wow, Terry, 7 pounds is fantastic. The best I ever had was 5 pounds the first week, and I'm sure it was mostly water.

Sorry you aren't feeling well Froufy. I had kind of the reverse experience last week. After being pretty good for all these weeks, I snitched some of my kid's fries and...urrrgh. Greasy fried stuff just doesn't go down the way it used to.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:43 PM   #75  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Way to to Terry!!! You must feel like you're on WOW!! Very inspirational!

Lisa- good job on walking the dog-probably more fun than housecleaning and good exercise too!

I spent all afternoon EATING- like PMS??? not sure what is going on? Maybe bored cuz I'm home?

Had a decent lunch - then the nibbling began: whole bag of microwave popcorn, diet pepsi, some bbq rice chips, 3 slices of fresh pineapple, a small container (250 gr) of lebanese moussaka (this stuff is amazing! all core ingredients: tomatoes, onions, eggplant,chickpeas, spices and canola oil)....more diet pepsi....sample of homemade soup (all between 1 pm and 5 pm )

Figure I should be full now right? Trying to stay out of the kitchen(dh is right now feeding ds).....but I am feeling a bit "empty" - is that possible?

So much for flying pigs! More like a frouf eating like a pig!! Will try and fill up w/water! I am very disappointed in myself!

Frouf
Closed Thread