Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, don't give up. You and Kathy are in the same place right now. Why don't you just try to maintain for now and let your body adjust to its new weight. Then maybe you'll be ready for the final push.

And....for God's sake....let us know if there is some way we can help. I have NEVER seen you so down in the dumps!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Poor Linda! I hear ya, girl -- this is NO fun! I keep telling myself that tomorrow I'll do better, I'll start off better, I won't get discouraged, I won't get on the scale, I won't drink a coke, blah blah blah ... but so far tomorrow hasn't gotten here yet.

So now I'm shooting for Monday. I will start on MONDAY sticking to it, I mean totally. I have had such a bad week last week that I don't ever want to repeat it. We went out to dinner last night, just to the little bar around the corner. I had two beers and a hotdog ... oh is THIS why they named it the "Angry Dog"? It had chili and cheese and chopped onions and jalapenos, and I ate every stinkin' bit of it. We got home around 7:30 and I just had to take a bath and wash my hair to get the smoke stank out of it. No way can I sleep and be inhaling what smells like an ashtray on my head. Anyway, so I went upstairs around 8:30, watched TV for a minute or so, then went to sleep. Around 11:00 I woke up ... HOLY WA!!! ... my "dog" was indeed angry! I hurled greasy stuff until around 1:00 this morning when I finally just went back to bed with a bottle of water and the hopes that it was all over and I could get some sleep. Had to get up at 7:00 to come in to work, but hopefully I'll leave around 2 this afternoon and can go home to rest up.

I say all this to explain the culmination of a bad week ... while I was getting sick, I just kept reminding myself that THAT'S what happens when you eat and drink stuff you shouldn't ... your body totally rejects it, just spits it right back out! Now if I can only remember that same feeling when I'm tempted to stray off of the good-eating path!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #48  

hello hello, this is frannie! i am back. wow what a busy last few days.

congrats on the weigh in's ! And to the ones getting aggravated with the scale, i am with you. only lost .2 on thursday but then got tom on friday.....explains that, but had a chat with ww leader, and can you believe this, major dicussion on getting too much exercise. so this week i am laying off a bit. see what happens. one lady did that and the next week she lost 3.2 lbs. and to those who have only 10lbs to go. way to go. you have done it! you have gotten down to the last 10. so do it 5 pounds at a time. make a mini goal to lose 5 lbs over the next 4 weeks. possible, yep i think so. change something up. whether it be skip 2 days of exercise a week, eat heavy 1 day and light 2 days then heavy again. drink 3 extra waters per day. drop having potatos for 1 week. TRY anything! I think it will work for you.

sorry about your uncle deborah. hang in there ok.

long day yesterday for me. we got off work a little early and drove almost 3 hours to meet dd.....she got a ride from school with a cousin and we met them at her house. she has reading week next week so am looking forward to the time with her. then on the way home we stopped in at ds hockey game, got home around 12, then ds had people over until 3 a.m. ....... could use a nap right now because you don't really sleep all that well with extra people in the house...........then i went for a manicure, and watched the end of dh hockey game, went to subway for lunch then home. have made a pan of lasagna for supper and then ds is off to hockey practice and then to guelph with friends........tomorrow leads to another busy day. i will be happy to get back to work for a rest.....hahaha

anyway, hang in there everyone, we can do this i know. so i am 1.2lbs away from 30lbs lost. i won't be at weigh in on thursday, shopping with dd in london.......so will weigh in the following week, surely in 2 weeks i can do this much!!!!!

cheers and happy saturday
Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #49  

Quote:
...whether it be skip 2 days of exercise a week, eat heavy 1 day and light 2 days then heavy again. drink 3 extra waters per day. drop having potatos for 1 week. TRY anything! I think it will work for you.
What GREAT advice ... I think I will try some of that.

It's great to see you back on, even if for a while. Enjoy the time with your DD!!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #50  

nice to be back, missed not being on the computer.....and those people at work interrupt..really, what is that about!!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #51  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Another Saturday Night...

Time to catch up with everyone!

Linda & kathy - hang in there - it must be amazing and scary to be working off the last 10 lbs - they have been there the LONGEST so they are holding on for dear life - I agree with the idea of "shaking things up" - try different exercises and/or foods and see what happens! Good luck.

Janette - way to go - sounds like you are back on track!

Angela - I too am impressed with your early morning treadmill walking - you are definitely adopting that new lifestyle very well!

Vickie - I too am right into PMS week and hoping no ill effects for next week - you are so DILIGENT on the treadmill on a daily basis - I still find it hard to motivate myself to do it everyday.

Frannie - glad you had a chance to hop in! Have a great time w/dd!

The good news is I lost another 2 lbs this week for a 14 lb total! I was quite shocked and happy with that result! Did some groceries after meeting and went to the mall w/dh and youngest ds to shop, then we decided to go to the movies (yes I indulged in popcorn and diet pepsi - but did not go too crazy).

Today's meeting was on "resistance" training - something I really want to do more of - if anyone knows of a good video tape with different weight training exercises I am interested - but it must be basic and simple and not require anything more than some basic hand weights!

The bad news is the father in law of my gf who is planning to come to Mexico with me, is in the hospital w/ heart attack, fluid on the lungs, blood clot - not looking good! So we are holding off on booking the trip - just in case! I am very sad for her and her dh - and keeping fingers crossed that things don't get worse!

My gf (who is also overweight - not as much as I am) told me that her dh just told her about some of his medical problems which he had not shared w/her before and she is pretty upset. He is very overweight and is diabetic because of this (insulin). He had a stress test a while ago and no major blockages yet, but I think he needs to go on medication. Now he tells her his eyesight is also suffering and he may need some laser treatments (he is a dentist!)...and this was news to her. She has done her best to help his change his lifestyle, but it seems he just doesn't care enuf??? I saw my mom suffer from many complications due to diabetes, so all of this just confirmed my motivation in getting this weight off! My genetic history is extremely bad so I need to do something before I get into BIG TROUBLE!

So I continue at least to dream of warm sandy beaches for now...while the snows fallls outside my window!

Froufie
Old 02-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, my meeting was on the same topic of resistance training. I realize that I need to do some of this too. I need to develop more muscle so that I can burn more calories! I'll let you know if I find something good.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:57 PM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, your trip is put on hold. Jim, my Hubby, has diabetes but since his stroke last February he has been religious about taking care of himself. We both have been frightened into dealing with health issues. He ignored his diabetes for a while, thinking that he had it under control and didn't have to test or eat right anymore. Then whamo, the stroke. It is something not to ignore. We are thankful that there doesn't appear to be any damage to his eyesight nor does he have any outward signs of his stroke.

My best to your GF.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #54  

Froufie, congratulations on your 2 pound loss! Way to go! Sorry your trip is being put on hold. My best hopes for your friend and her father-in-law.

You know, I was just thinking of medical reasons to lose weight, and my big one was varicose veins. I got them badly when I was pg with dd #3, and had to wear the expensive medical compression hose. And dd was born in late July, so I had to wear these heavy, extremely tight, stupid hose during the hottest part of summer. Anyway, after she was born, I still had the varicose veins, and the dr said I would most likely have to be fitted for different, non-maternity hose. I decided that there was no way I'd wear compression hose for the next 50 years of my life, and I knew that weight gain was a big factor in worsening varicose veins. I am glad to say that after losing 35 pounds, my veins are much better, almost never hurt, and I have put my hose away - far, far away! I can't even stand to wear regular pantyhose anymore. Anyway, thought I'd share my story - I remembered it after the "last straw" meeting we had a while back.

Later!
Angela
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #55  
Card Carrying Princess

thanks Vickie - glad your dh heeded the warning signs and is taking care of himself! We all need to remind ourselves to NEVER take our health for granted!

Frouf
Old 02-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #56  

man, i had a whole post written and the computer went down...how frustrating is that??

i guess basically i was saying hang in there everyone, frouf i hope your friend's fil in going to be ok. scary for sure......good thought coming your way.

late night tonight, busy day, even had a nap for 1.5 hours.........geezze not like me but i must have needed it!

have a great sunday everyone, i wont be on till late
Old 02-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #57  
Card Carrying Princess

Talking Good Sunday Morning!

Well was not feeling well last night - kind of a low grade fever? and headache? Hope I'm not coming down with something - also a bit of a headache this morning, and I know I did not get enuf sleep! But I do usually get more (hormonal?) headaches during PMS time!

Laundry's in - but the rest of the place is a mess. Cleaning lady coming on Wednesday - hope I can last til then without going crazy!

Angela - love the recipe of the day thread - great idea! Thanks!...and I'm glad to hear you were able to retire those ugly support hose, sounds like that added to your motivation.

Frannie - I commend you on your napping abilities - while my dh loves to sleep and does it at every opportunity - I know sometimes I need more rest but fight it all the time!

So I did my income taxes this morning (can you believe it?)...realize I am missing some info (childcare tax receipts) but "fudged" some of the numbers to see what it looks like (will go back and complete properly once I get the info)...and it's looking GOOD, GOOD, GOOD - $$$$ ...enuf to pay for my trip if I go...and some leftover hopefully for our family trip to Florida this summer (I really want to invest it and do more stock market stuff but dh is getting nervous w/my day broker activities - ). So far I've been lucky in choosing stocks and have made a bit of $$ - keeping fingers crossed that this all pays off in the end!

Have to go to the fruit/veggie store later (need more yummy veggies, fruit (I think the fresh pineapple is on sale!) and this place makes a great FRESH SALSA) which I love. Bought a new President's Choice product the other day (do you guys get that anywhere?)...rice "potato chips"...they are pretty good and obviously way better than the real thing....and I am predicting they will be pretty good w/a salsa dip!

Anyhow it's 10:30 and I have not eaten breakfast yet and I"m starving - time to go forage in the kitchen!

Frouf
Old 02-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Morning all! Frouf, you always sound energetic even when you don't feel well. I'm gonna go make breakfast too. I'm running late today. No exercise yet. Don't feel like it. Getting a cold with swollen glands and sore throat. All that AND TOM. Just want to go lay on the couch with my blankie! I'm blue.

Have to make chili later but that will be easy.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry, Angela. I printed the breakfast burrito recipe because it looks terrific. This will be a lunch for me one day next week minus the mint!

I made my Niece's polenta pie yesterday but it didn't turn out perfect. It was pretty darn yummy though. I'll be freezing the leftovers to see how that goes. I'm not the kind that can eat the same thing 3 or 4 days in a row and I'm nuts about not keeping leftovers too long.

I also made the Barbo's Black Cherry Trifle yesterday for my Niece and both of our husbands. It got rave reviews. It takes a tablespoon of cornstarch but I think this only cost 1/4 point per serving. It was quite good and everyone scraped their bowls. I'll be making it with other fruit/pudding. Another great way to get fruit and milk girls! Here's the link, in case you are interested. http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl?read=11986
Old 02-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #60  

Poor Froufy and Vickie! You two take care!!!

I'm at work again (what is up with THAT?) but only until around 11:30 because one of the dogs woke up with a sore "lipstick" (boy dog part) and he won't leave it alone, so we have to take him to the ER vet. Poor little guy!
Closed Thread