Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #61  
focused and aiming

Maryann, what's a rotary? Is it a highway interchange or something like that?

Vickie, on not stress-eating. I had an NSV today. I tried on a pair of jeans that I hadn't had on since Feb or March. They fit! Was I ever pleased or what? We've started packing clothes for Colorado/Montana. The excitement is brewing.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'll bet you're starting to wonder "What next?" with your caddie. That's the way we've been feeling about our new place.

I'm glad you got your nap. I took a short one, too. DS is coming over in a bit to help load the 5th wheel hitch. Our excitement is growing.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #63  
beachbum

a rotary is a circle of roads leading into & out of another roads.

I wish I had a diagram or photo to show you.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Today must be nap day, because I took one, too! It poured rain today, so I just stayed home and did a little housekeeping, resting, and I walked on the treadmill. I'm very excited because we are having my favorite meal: diet coke sloppy joes and oven fries.

Tracie-I have had a great summer. For the first time in about four years, I have done only what I wanted to do. No commitments to fulfill or projects to complete, just moving at my own pace. It has been lovely!!!

Vickie-congrats on resisting the stress eating. It is actually my favorite pass time! Whenever you feel like eating, just focus on how well you've been doing!

Paula-I am a knitter! My favorite thing is socks, but sometimes I just like mindless knitting back and forth like making shawls or scarves. You're right, it is a good distraction to keep you from eating.

Niki-I remember those days, hang in there!

Sandra-I'm excited just reading your posts! I hope you kick butt at the competition and have a great time traveling with Curtis.

Rhonda-I can't believe you are still having trouble with your car! Have you thought about having it stolen

MaryAnn-I'm glad to hear you and Leo are doing better and that you enjoyed your "girl's day".

GTG-I think my fries are ready TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #65  

Height: 5' 10"

A rotary is a roundabout. The one movie reference I can think of is Chevy Chase's European Vacation. They drive through Italy (I think Rome) and are in a rotary. They spend the day trying to get to left to exit.

Think about a circle in the middle with 4 or more roads leading in -- all entering with yeilds. So you have cars coming in and cars going out all crossing paths.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

Thank you for the explanation, Maryann. I think I understand what a rotary is now.

Sloan, thank you, too. I will probably be typing daily updates from Nationals. Being this is an Olympic year there won't be any Olympic archers competing with us. They have compound women shoot same time each day as men olympic style competitors. I've gotten to meet and watch quite a few Olympians. Last year I shot close to a man from Scotland. This year we'll have a lot of Olympic hopefuls. It will be kewl.

Paula, thank you for further clarifying. I was in one of those rotaries in Paris one time. I think I've seen one in London in movies. There's a small one in west Ft. Worth. It's called "The Weatherford Traffic Circle." It's no where near as difficult as those others.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I hope you all have a great on program day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #68  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had another good night sleep but for Leo he didn't,was up all night. I get its going to take time for him to get used to that chemo in his body. He said he was cold,no wonder he had the A/C down to 65 degrees.I turned it up to 70 again.

Another thing I noticed that Leo starts coughing and hacking when I cook in a skillet.[don't use oil just low fat cooking spray]So I have to find quick and easy recipes that I can nuke or use in the toaster oven,as its too hot to put the reg stove on.

Will look in the recipe section to see what recipes I can used for the microwave and toaster oven

================================================

SANDRA-Thats the reason I don't like going onto these rotaries especially the busy ones,when someone doesn't let you in on the left you'll go in circles over & over again.

SLOAN-Thanks on the two counts. Hope they will continue as I need to get out of the house.

VICKIE-Wave have a great CORE day
Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

BB/Maryanne: Leo is probably reacting to the propellant in the spray. It's not good for any of us, frankly. You could think about putting some oil on a paper towel and wiping the skillet with that instead of using the spray.

Super motivated today; feels good.

DH recorded the John Adams miniseries on TV and we have been watching it the last few nights since the "hurricane" left. It is an amazing show. I highly recommend it. If you didn't see it, try to rent it at your library and watch it.

Have a great day

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #70  
beachbum

Thanks Rhonda, I never thought of that. The next time I use the skillet I will follow what you suggested.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #71  

You can also buy a non-aerosal, pump container and put oil in it and spray. I've used them before and thought they got a little gummy at the nozzle. But, they do work and it saves paper towels.

Rhonda
Old 07-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 10"

happy saturday everyone. BB, I hope Leo is feeling better soon. How much time between treatments? I'll keep him in my prayers.

Well, I had a productive core day. Took dd blueberry pickign again - picked 8.72 pds in about an hour and 1/2. I also picked up corn, beets and greenbeans at the farm. Then grocery shopping I found 2 new core things - my market had Ezekiel cereal which based on what I've read and the ingredients is core. Looks good, l love grapenuts, so I'm hoping I like that as well. I found it in the organic/health food section. It took some looking at all the cereal brands there but I found it.

Now, my new favorite snack -- brown rice sushi! My market has just added the brown rice version. I've checked a couple of times and they didn't have any made. Today the man was there and asked if I needed something specific. I asked for brown rice california rolls -- YUMMY! Just had them. Brown rice, seaweed, avacado, cuke and fake crab. I'm happy! Guess what I'll be having for lunches on Saturday......

Well, going to get in the shower. DH did not work today so I'm going to have him take us out for dinner. He's sleeping now, but I'm getting ready. He kills me where he can jump in the shower 10 minutes before we need to leave and he's ready on time. hate that...

Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #73  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, what's the title of that miniseries? You sound pumped today. That's good.

We just got home from an archery 3D tournament. We had a lot of fun. Tomorrow we're going to another one in Ft. Worth. Today's was in Clifton.

Maryann, I'm glad you're able to get a good rest. Hopefully, Leo will, too, soon.

Paula, sushi sounds good.

Vickie, how's your day? Are you in the pool?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #74  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Vickie, sorry to hear about your car problems. That's one thing about my dbf. He can fix anything from cars, to appliances to televisions, plumbing etc. All I have to do is pay for the parts and he will do the fixing.

BB, sorry to hear about Leo not sleeping. I have been doing nothing but sleeping. This is the first time I've been up all day. I have been sleeping all day. Just not feeling good.

Sandra, you might have to keep all your "homes" as the prices aren't good right now for selling. You never know though, you might get lucky.

Sloanie, diet cola sloppy joes and oven fries sounds kind of good right now, but I don't have the energy to make anything. I do have some diet cola chicken sloppy joes frozen, but I really don't think I could eat much right now. I'll definitely have a loss this week, but this is definitely not the way to do it. I'd rather feel better and be eating, than feeling so awful and not be eating.

Rhona, I've never tried the fiber 1 muffins, but they sound good. I did make up a double batch if the carrot cake, and made them into muffins last weekend, and they were so good. I froze most of them, which I'm glad. I only kept 3 unfroze, and by the time I went to eat the third one, it was already moldy. So I just have to take them out of the freezer one at a time, when I want to eat one. I don't eat stuff like that too often, so when I make it, it will last awhile, as long as I freeze the majority of it.

Paula, I have tried the vegetarian sushi, and just can't do it. I don't like the taste of the seaweed.

Well, thought I would check in, but it's back to the couch to lay down. I need more rest.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #75  

Tracie, enjoy the couch. I have been lying in bed reading a novel for hours. I NEVER do that. Boy, was it nice.

Sandra, it was simply called "John Adams." It's about the revolutionary period in the U.S, focussing on John Adams, the second U.S. president. Can't recommend it too highly. There's also a lot of emphasis on his family life and his relationship to Abigail, who was his major confidant.

Rhonda