Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #46  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

BB, our meeting covered the same topic. Also, black is slimming.

Our plans are to go up north this weekend, but I might bow out. I am getting a sore throat and I took the day off tomorrow, in case I felt worse tomorrow. But if I feel ok, I'm still going to work, and cancelling my day off. If I don't feel better, I'll stay home this weekend and my dbf can bring his daughter up, as his mom, and his sister and her family will be there. This is the week they have the carnival rides there and a parade and stuff for the kids. If I feel better, I will go. If not, I won't.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

We're in a quandry trying to decide on whether to go to Montana in the travel trailer or the 5th wheel. Whether to sell the 5th wheel or keep it. Things are just hectic right now. As soon as we sort through things and decide what we're doing, all should settle down. Sorry to vent. I couldn't help it.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra, you have an embarrassment of riches! No matter you can't decide. Good luck with that.

BB: I was using the word "hurricane" as a metaphor for the grandkids. Sorry I wasn't clear. But, now we are getting rain and more rain. People have mold growing everywhere! And this is the summer we wanted to paint outside. What a joke!

Where's Coco??

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #49  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're right. I shouldn't complain. We are looking like an RV park around here, though.

We got a few drops of rain today and the sky is still blessed with oodles of Dolly clouds. Maybe we'll get a few more drops. We recently hired someone to do our mowing (approx. 2 acres). Now Curtis is helping with the watering. It's good to have him helping me lug those waterhoses.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #50  

My husband and I think you should sell the travel trailer. Thats our 2 cents worth.

Ruth & Don
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks! I've been a nurse today. I was very busy and saw four patients, but all of the visits went well. When I got home DH grilled some steak, and I pan fried some potatoes with my oil serving for the day. We are still eating watermelon like crazy. Yum!

Trish- on having breakfast. I think it is important because it keeps you from "pigging out" at lunch.

Rhonda-did your little hurricanes get home safely? I know you are exhausted, but in a good way.

Sandra-Have you and Curtis considered gas usage in the decision of which "movable house" to sell? Maybe that would help you make a decision.

Vickie-thinking "good thoughts" for you!

Tracie-I hope you are not getting sick. I think you are smart to plan a day off just in case. Don't let yourself get run down!

BB- on the one pound loss!! Also, I'm glad you had a good time with your GF at the movie! You deserve some fun!!

I'm counting down the days until school starts. I really need to get some planning done, so the first few days go smoothly. I'm hoping to get inspired over the next few days. I'll take any suggestions from you teachers out there. GTG fix myself a cup of tea. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #52  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone and TGIF. Only 3 weeks left until vacation!!! WOO HOO! Things here are going well, I've been sticking to plan this week and I'm proud of me. I am learning to crochet - I've always wanted to know how. We have a volunteer program at work called Purls of Hope. They have been making blankets for donation to different charity programs. So, I'll learn something new and help out others. I finished my practice sqaure last night (everyone does a practice square that is being added to a larger blanket). The good think, it kept my hands busy and I was out of the kitchen. I had NOTHING TO EAT after dinner. For me that is a huge deal. So tonight I'm going to start a new square.

Tracie - congrats on the loss. Your doing so well, keep it up.

Sloan - I'm on the school countdown as well. 3 weeks till vacation, then I'm off for 2 weeks, then school starts the following week. I'm excited for dd but also sad - she has grown up way too fast!

BB - how have you faired this week with the weather? Yesterday it was horrible here. I had the worse drive home -- barely could see and huge puddles. We also had a leak in our pantry - only small drips, but dh is not happy as he now needs to figure out where its leaking and fix it. Oh well....its dry today.

Sandra, what would you use more? I would think the 5th wheel would give you more options. Good luck with all your decisions.

Well, got to get to work. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #53  

Good morning, I finally have a moment to say hello. We have been so busy with swimming lessons, play dates and the kids play baseball 2x a week. What ever happened to the lazy days of summer. Glad to see everyone is doing well. Have to run as we are going to my sil, she wants to see my dd for her birthday which is not till 7/31, we are just having a kiddie party for her at Boomers which is a big indoor & outdoor fun park.
BBL
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #54  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Leo is feeling better this morning and we plan to go out to have the car inspected,as its due at the of July. Nothing like the last minute. but we had excuse this time around.

Now that Leo is feeling better its taking the stress off of me. I'm raring to do just about anything today,even driving to the inspection place where a rotary is involved.

My DD called yesterday evening and talked with Leo for 45 mins or more. This morning he told me that shes going to be a good parent like he was.Not letting her wear Jordan jeans,one of the 8 yo twins whats a cell phone and the answer was NO That made Leo very happy,shes too young for that nonsense.

Thanks for all the congrats,on my weight hope this time the scale will read downward. Received my 16 week charm that I put on a bracelet now I going to aim for my 10 % weight loss which is 150 and to goal & maintenance and than to lifetime again.

I'm going to do it this time being on the Core.My Leader told me that she sees a difference in my attitude now that I left the flex for the core. I told her its a healthy way of eating,and you still have the WPA's if you really what a goody or not. I use my points for bread,and she told me that she thinks that what flex people are afraid of not having there daily bread.

=============================================

SANDRA-That was my dream to see the country in a mobile home,but my Leo got back problems at work and was on disability for the longest time and that dream went poof. Have a great time no matter what your decide.

TRACIE-Loved the topic at the meeting one of the members said that Oprah had that topic on her show. Hope your sore throat is better by today,nothing like getting sick in the summer months.

RHONDA-Thanksfor clearing it up for me. I know what your talking about with the mold.My sister had mold in her winter condo in Fla from a faulty air conditioner and it wasn't fun.

SLOAN-Thanks for the congrats hope it starts heading in the right direction.That was great that your DH starting the grill after you hard day at work. Oh I did have fun with my friend and decided I'm going to have one day out with my friends other than Our Sunday Brunch.

Have to go,get that car inspected

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #55  

Height: 5' 10"

BB - Rotaries are so much fun!!! I learned to drive with rotaries. Growing up in the NE you don't realize that they are not just the way things are. Especailly on the Cape! My trick - never stop, just keep moving!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #56  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Are rotaries the things they have in England? I think they call them roundabouts or something like that.

Sandra, that's a hard decision to make of what to sell. I'm sure you'll figure it out though. We have a motor home which is kind of a pain because if you want to go somewhere, you have to take the whole motor home with you. With a 5th wheel, at least you can drop it and use your vehicle.

Sloanie, school will be starting up soon. Hope you had a great summer, although it really went by quickly!

Paula, it's great that you are learning to crochet. I wish I had time to do that. I love to knit, crochet and needlepoint. I just don't have the time for it. I make these dishclothes and absolutely love them. I really need to make some more because I only have two and I love them better than the ones I can buy.

Niki, no more lazy summers! Not when you have kids! They keep you going!

BB, glad your dh is feeling better.

I stayed home today as I am not feeling any better. I'm not going up north this weekend. I'll just stay home and rest. Won't be doing my weekend cooking though as I don't feel good enough to do all that. I'm just resting on the couch, watching a little television.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Thank you all for your input. The 5th wheel is huge and weighs 20,000 lbs before it's even loaded. We've never pulled any further than 10 miles. We had it commercially hauled from Montana to Texas right after we bought it.

The travel trailer is only 26' and is super light. It's better for short trips and short stays. The 5th (condo) is better for spending extended times in. We have made our decision. We are going to keep the travel trailer and try to sell the condo--probably after this trip to Montana. Anyway, I won't whine any more. We'll just do what we do. Who knows, the market is down and we may have to keep both.

Sloan, a steak sounds good. We're having spaghetti/meat sauce for lunch.

Paula, where are you going on vacation? Congratulations on making healthy choices and staying op.

Tracie, I hope you're feeling better.

Speaking of feeling better--Maryann, I'm glad Leo's feeling better. Enjoy your day.

Rhonda, what's up, Cuz? Are you rested now?

We're shooting a couple of small 3D tournaments this weekend. I'll shoot my longbow. Other than that we're starting to pack for NAA Nationals in Colorado Springs and our trip on to Montana afterwards.

Have a great, OP! day, everyone.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello Chicks! I'm trying not to eat over stress and so far so good. We are spending a fortune on remodeling and now the car sucked some funds. We took it in for an oil change and tire rotation. A $1,000 later we had a new tie rod, new back brakes, the oil change, an alignment and four brand new tires. I'm sitting here waiting for the late tiler. Sigh.

At least I'm not eating.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #59  
beachbum

Hi

Just finished cleaning out my refrig,lots of stuff in the back that weren't core so I though them out after asking Leo if he wanted them.

VICKIE-You did great under the remodeling & care repair stressSending some [[[[good vibes]]]] your way.

PAULA-We stayed in our A/C home for must of the day.I went out for grocery shopping and errands.We didn't have that much rain,it think it lasted 1/2 hr. Other than that,had to travel on the rotaries: to center. Leo had his heart in his mouth when I went around them. The worst one is the airport rotary in Hyannis,I won't go on that one I rather go though the village of Hyannis instead.

TRACIE-Thanks I think now that the weather broke he feeling a lot better.No matter what they call this circles in the road[rotaries or roundabouts]they both a nu sense in my books

Going watch some golf

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

We haven't had our daily thunderstorm yet. Seems we might be having a dry spell

Yes, Sandra, I'm getting some rest. Today I had an early morning meeting at work, then came home and took a nap. I have to go back to work for a 6PM meeting that some students called about some issues we have with our program. I think 6PM on a Friday in the summer is pushing it, but it's easier to go than to explain it all on the phone.

The "little hurricanes" are home safely, resting from their adventure here. All is well.

I'm doing very well with just Core foods these last three days. I made the Fibre 1 muffins with applesauce instead of youghurt, added cinammon and a banana....they are delicious!

Vickie, I hope you have good luck with the car. Our gas tank started leaking!!!! That's another $500! I can't believe that the tanks are made of plastic!!! This is a Cadillac, folks. At least it must be high quality plastic!!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote