Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Trish. (If I already said that, I want to say it again.) I won the Texas State Archery Target Championship. That's outdoor bullseye target out to 60 meters.

Paula, you will enjoy your alone time. I don't have much any more as we're both retired. I'm proud of you for stepping in to correct that man.

BB, right now you need to do what gives you strength. I wish you and Leo the best.

Tracie, you have a good attitude. Atta girl.

Rhonda, so how's it going, Cuz? Are you holding up all right? Are you going to Niagra Falls?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sandra - That is great. I loved Archery when I was in high school and was pretty good at it, but that was mmaaaannyyy years ago. Never did anything after I left although I would have loved it. I didn't notice before that you are in Texas. I live in SC now, but I was born and raised in Waco. I moved to Dallas when I graduated from high school and lived there until my first hubby passed away. Then I moved back to Waco and married my second hubby an old sweetheart. Then we lived in League City, Gatesville and moved back to Waco and lived there until he passed away and I met my present hubby who lived in FL. I never thought I would ever live anywhere but TX. DH and I lived in FL until approx a year and a half ago when we moved to SC. SC is a lot like TX. DH says the people here sound just like me when they talk. lol

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Chickies-I'm having a better day. I got up at 5 am with DH (he goes to work early) and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. I ate a small piece of cornbread and went to work. I saw two patients then came home, ate lunch and straightened up a little.

Paula-Yesterday was not about problems, just decisions and they were a little frustrating, thanks .

Sandra-I knew you would win!!

Tracie-I'm proud of ya! You go girl

BB-I'm prayin' for you and Leo. Get some good rest today, and don't worry about your family's visit. They only want to be with you, so they won't care where they sleep. Maybe for this visit, you could let them take care of you instead of you taking care of them.

Trish-I hope you like it here with us. It is a very supportive group. Without them, I'm not sure if I would have kept at it.

Rhonda-do you still have company? I hope everything is going okay and you are not bald, yet

I hope the rest of you chickies are staying on core and drinking lots of water! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 10"

Sandra - I forgot to tell you. DD's favorite activity in camp this summer is ARCHERY! They didn't have the preschool group do it last year, but she is doing it this year. She said its with the real bow and arrows. I don't think she has yet hit the target, but she said she is getting close.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #20  
beachbum

I'm back,just got finished cleaning out the computer room,where my DS is going to sleep and my DD & the grandkids will be in the living room. We're going get a extra air bed for future use.

TRISH-Welcome to the thread,you love it here woman are very supportive.Sometimes I think the ladies on this board know more about the Core Plan than the leaders do. Thanks for the kind words you expressed. Hope that your DH will do ok after those side effects,& hoping that he didn't do too much damage on his back,with that fall.

SANDRA-Thanks I already stated to take it easy,after fixing a place for my DS.Tomorrow I'm going to the movies to see Momma Mia.Missed the play but won't miss the movie.Congrats on winning archery champions.

SLOAN-Thanks My DD will be a great help when she here. I can't believe how she can take care of 4 kids all under 8.She is amazing if I could say so,much better than I could handle.Good for you, getting those exercising done for 45 mins.

PAULA-Thats a great achievement for your DD to be able to used real bow & arrows. If she loves playing let her continue doing so.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-22-2008 at 05:27 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #21  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Sandra, You are awesome!!! 1st place!!! Wonderful!
:c heer2::che er3:

They are all cheering for you!!! And Curtis too, of course. You guys did great!

BB, have fun with the family. I'm sure it's great to see them.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm alive and lurking. I'm not doing well. I'll be back as the full fledged charter member that I am as soon as I can finish kicking my butt into getting back on program. Someone asked for a chocolate muffin recipe. Sorry I can't remember who. I'm looking for new recipes to help me get back on program and I ran across this on BCB. Here it is for whomever was looking for it. Let me know if it's good.

Chocolate Core Muffins

12oz Espresso or Coffee
2 Tbls Skim milk
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup granulated Splenda
4 ripe bananas
2 tbls Baking powder
2 eggs
4 cups quick cooking Oats

Preheat oven to 400

Take 12oz Espresso or Coffee in a 16oz contianer (i use a 2 cup Pyrex wet measure)
[decaf is fine]
{if you hate coffee use 12oz hot skim milk}

2 Tbls Skim milk, 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, and 1 cup granulated Splenda, and mix until all cocoa is dissolved

In a large mixing bowl, mash 4 ripe bananas. Add 2 tbls Baking powder, and left sit 2 mins to allow it to rise. Add 2 eggs, and mix well.

Pour the espresso/ cocoa/ splenda mixture into the banana mixture, mix well.

Add 4 cups quick cooking Oats.

Let sit for 10 mins [the oats will suck up much of the moisture]

Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with Pam.

divide batter evenly into 12 muffins.

Bake 400 for 24 mins.

Let cool in the pan, then slowly and carefully remove.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 10"

Gas price poll -- whats the cheapest you can find it?? I've noticed prices here in the NE are starting to drop a bit. I actually found a local station selling for $3.85. Sad commentary when I feel I got a bargin

Did also stop at the farmers market this afternoon. Got a pasta squash - supposed to be similar to spag. squash but its white. Also a yellow zucchini, papaya squash and eggplants. I'm going to grill all of that tomorrow night. We had fresh corn on the cob tonight. YUM!

Hope everyone has a nice night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

$4.21 here today but in the last month it's been closer to $4.29. Now I bet you feel like you really got a bargain. It hasn't been under $4.00 here since the first of the year.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hmmm...is unsweetened cocoa powder Core? Guess I should have looked that up before I posted.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

GREAT NEWS FOR ME!!!! I found my old Leader who helped me lose my first 45 pounds on Core. Maybe she can help me take it off again....since it's almost all back....and lose the next 120? I can't go back to meetings for a couple of weeks but I'm going back to her meeting just as soon as I can.

I think I might cry....sniff. It's a happy cry though.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vickie-Please don't wait until you are finished with the butt kickin' to come back. We can do it for you Seriously, it's kinda like going to wi; if you wait until you feel thin, you'll never go. Just come back to us while you are working through things! BTW I was the one who mentioned the chocolate muffins. Is the cocoa core? I can't find it in my week one book. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Paula-$3.89 is the cheapest we've had this week in the Nashville area.

BB-give us a report on the movie! I hope you love it

My DH came home with four watermelons! We've gone watermelon crazy, and he found some that are as sweet as sugar, so he bought four. Believe it or not, we will probably have them eaten in 5 or 6 days! I may end up on the front page of the National Enquirer as "The Woman Who Became a Watermelon".
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Trish, I'm about 60 miles from Waco. I have lived in Johnson County most of my life but lived in Montana the past 11 years. We moved back to Johnson County last September.

Paula, I'm glad dd's doing archery at camp. This past weekend we had a lot of youngsters participating in the state championship. Now at Nationals in 2 weeks? They have so many youngsters, they devote a whole field to them separate from the adults. I think the U. S. is in good "archery" hands for years to come.

Sloan, thank you. I think I set records for Women 60+ Compound Shooters. I have one more major event with compound/release. After that I'm devoting most of my efforts to longbow. That's the play, anyway.

Tracie, I love the cheerleaders! How sweet--and cute! Thank you so much.

BB, thank you for the kudos. I'm glad you're getting some time for yourself. "MaMa Mia" sounds good.

Vickie, I'm about to cry for you, too. And mine are happy tears for sure. I want to tell you what happened to me today. I was cleaning out the office in the condo getting ready to move all to the new house when I came upon "before" photos of myself that were taken a few years ago. Now this was a page of poses that Curtis had taken of me to help give me incentive to lose.

Well--I am about 20 lbs heavier now than I was in those photos. Am I upset? Surprisingly not. I saw those photos and thought, "This is my new goal. I can get down to this and look pretty darn good."

It's funny--and all in the mind--but when the photos were taken I thought I looked awful. Now I'd like to look like that again. I'm like you (Vickie) and have too much life getting in the way for the next two weeks to be too serious about losing, so I'll get with it hard core after August 10.

I'm going to change my tracker. I know what I'm thinking is nothing new. People all the time talk about setting short, realistic goals instead of looking at the big picture, but seeing those photos was like having a light come on in my mind. I thought, "I CAN DO THIS!" And I thought it with a big smile.

You can do this, too. I'm so glad you found your former leader. That's the best news I've heard all day. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I saw gas at $3.87 Saturday.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:37 PM   #30  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I got gas today and it was $4.01. Cheapest it's been in awhile. But, the price of the barrel went down $4.00, but the savings isn't passed down to us for awhile. Ever noticed when the price of the barrel goes up, our prices go up immediately. If they go down, we don't really see it for a few months. Kind of sucks, but what can we do? Not a whole lot.

Vickie! Glad to see you again! We've missed you!!!! Please stay with us more often. We can help you through anything!!! We will all be here for you!

BB, I really want to see Mama Mia, but my dbf won't go with me. I'll have to see if my mom wants to see it. I owe her dinner and a movie for her birthday. This sounds like a good movie to go to.

Sloanie, that's a lot of watermelons! I love it. My dbf cut up 1/2 watermelon last night, and I told my kids, if you eat any, save me some so I can take some to work for lunch. I had about 1 cup left and that was it. They chowed down. Better that than junk food.

Well, we got the hot tub here, and it's not a 4 person, not a 6 person, but an 8 person hot tub! It's absolutely beautiful!! I can't believe we got it for a little bit of labor, on my dbf's part. It's about a $5000 to $6000 hot tub! Now we will be extending my deck to have the hot tub into it. Now I will have a bigger deck with a hot tub in it! I'm so excited(and I just can't hide it!).
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote